Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,728 members, 7,930,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job (16981 Views)

Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / Is The Job Interview Process Becoming Useless In Nigeria? - Topwritersden / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by A305: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
This is because this is Nigeria where "man-know-man" and "connection" has become the order of the day!
Not only in Nigeria. Embedded in every society.
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by ComradeShegs(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2019
NaijadrivaCars:
Nigerian Factor!!!

Hehe...grin but Bros, it will still make no difference because unlike the UK and America where citizenship by Birth is valid, it isn't in UAE. i.e A child can't claim citizenship simply because he was born there.
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:17am On Dec 16, 2019
SmartyPants:
So how does your CV service solve chalkenegse such as sexism?

Assuming such still happens.

No where in the the article did I mention that my CV writing services can solve the problem of Sexism. However, I believe it will be a bit helpful not to include personal details, especially gender. That will only be effective if the name one the CV is not gender-specific, and if the interviewer is not a sexist.

1 Like

Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by EvilPOTATO(m): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

http://patrickokunima.com/why-the-best-candidate-doesnt-always-get-the-job/
glad to see this made front page.
But you didn't give a feedback on the second article I wrote ...
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by catalan15(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2019
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by Sirwallace(m): 9:28am On Dec 16, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
My younger bro ,a very bright guy went for over 30 interviews with no result,..until I had to do what I had to do .

All these u listed op no scratch surface for naija.

Tell me about it.
The guy was just spitting trash.
I was at a panel interview in one of the big 4. The last question I was asked was if I could work late hours and weekends after answering previous questions confidently.

Las las I was turned down in what happened to be the greatest shocker of my life.

1 Like

Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by GeeeAdebiyi: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2019
You can build a career in Freelancing, No need for "connection" or "I know somebody wey know somebody" No stress on Traffic or penalty for late coming, all you need is your Smartphone or Laptop and good internet facility.
I have compile all the necessary details and guidelines you will need to be a successful and high earning Freelancer.

My hypothesis was also validated as 2 of the students in my Mentorship class landed their first job this week.

WHAT YOU GET

• Ebook on Online work guiding you on how to navigate online work, avoid mistakes and land your first job by Gbenga Adebiyi
(worth $30)

• Free approval of Upwork account (Cost #5000)

• All my materials on Upwork (Priceless)

• High income skills you can have to get the highest paying jobs on Upwork and platforms where you can get these skills for free

Worth > #20,000

Price: #5,000

Call or WhatsApp: 08102866368

or chat me up: https:///234810286368
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by SmartyPants(m): 10:04am On Dec 16, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

No where in the the article did I mention that my CV writing services can solve the problem of Sexism. However, I believe it will be a bit helpful not to include personal details, especially gender. That will only be effective if the name one the CV is not gender-specific, and if the interviewer is not a sexist.

Okay. Let me be more direct: when creating content for marketing, you should aim to solve a problem for your potential clients first. If you can't solve sexism, don't bring it up.

I'm a graduate recruitment consultant btw.
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by Manred0(m): 10:34am On Dec 16, 2019
edoairways:
If you have skills, years of experience and probably younger, your employer would gladly employ. No reasonable employer wants to employ unskilled employee
years of experience with young age? Nawa for you
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:35am On Dec 16, 2019
SmartyPants:

Okay. Let me be more direct: when creating content for marketing, you should aim to solve a problem for your potential clients first. If you can't solve sexism, don't bring it up.

I'm a graduate recruitment consultant btw.

You're not entirely correct, sir. My targets are job seekers, so it wouldn't be out of place to share contents that'll be of interest to them. The idea is to get them to visit my site as often as possible. And it's been working for me.
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by lollybizzu(m): 10:46am On Dec 16, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
My younger bro ,a very bright guy went for over 30 interviews with no result,..until I had to do what I had to do .

What did you do boss?
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by edoairways: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
Manred0:
years of experience with young age? Nawa for you
What do you know? Why do you think employers ask for experience as part of the requirements.
Re: Why The Best Candidate Doesn’t Always Get The Job by DanielGb(m): 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
Mightyhaiz:

Baba abeg share the gist Jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NHIS Interview / Emerald Food And Beverage Company - Owerri / My Experience Working In A Nigerian Startup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.