Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,064 members, 7,933,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor (21203 Views)

Ex-Minister, Ibe Kachikwu Indicted In Diezani’s UK ‘Bribery’ Case / Court Dismisses Segun Oni’s Case Against Governor Fayemi / Topless Women Protest Against Governor Dickson In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by jamace(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by wellmax(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
Daboomb:

I did.
It is you that did not read the Judge's reason for dismissing the case.
Read it again and come back.

You see how the useless Judge "deflected" from the prayer being sought?
The prayer was for EFCC to PROVIDE THE REPORT of the INVESTIGATION it did (it already did the investigation of the Governor, based on a video of him collecting bribe, which he claimed was not him in the video!)
The Corrupt Judge then went on a tangent, implying that the information sought is not in the possesion of EFCC, it is not a Public record and that the applicant shoudl go to the House to act on the Video. angry undecided

Pay particular attention to "investigation" and "prosecution".
My point is, the Governor or anyone can be investigated.......... but he cannot be prosecuted while in office.

Stop merrygorounding. Efcc cannot have any give you report on their investigation now. Something they can use when the immunity elapses. Read between the
lines please. That I'd why the judge added that the report ought to be given to the Kano state House of Assembly ad-hoc committee set up to investigate the matter.

Simple.

You called the judge corrupt.

I ask again, go back and read my initial post. No one said he cannot be investigated. dude I already said this severally. But for what purpose is the investigation? To prosecute in future not to release to some busy bodies.

Only house of assembly can request for it to initiate impeachment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by SoNature(m): 8:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
wellmax:
Illiterates all over nairaland.

As a sitting governor, he cannot be prosecuted. Some jobless people went to court to compel efcc to investigate and prosecute. The court dismiss the suit, upholding the constitution. after his tenure Ganduje will answer for his crimes.

Wail with sense please.

Keep quiet; you are writing bullshit!

The judge was wrong..the verdict appears as though it was skewed to shield Ganduje.

The EFCC admitted, through its chairman, that it's carrying out a forensic analysis of the video in London.

If this judge wanted to deliver an unbiased verdict, he would have invited the EFCC or its counsel to give an update on the analysis.

Afterward, the judge will compel the agency to tender the result to the Kano State House of Assembly for further action.

Where in the Constitution was it written that a House of Assembly cannot remove a sitting governor?

Finally, before you call someone an illiterate, try to find out its meaning. FYI, if someone can read and write, he cannot be called an illiterate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by oluwasegun007(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
I have a dream that I'll leave this country one day...

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by israelmao(m): 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
Court in Ganduje's pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by bonnyhope: 8:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
My country people

I hail o

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Jonny223: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
really

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Bahddo(m): 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Nigeria.... sad

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by AbuAeesha: 8:45pm On Dec 16, 2019
wow,I just keep loosing hope on this country daily. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by frowland(m): 8:50pm On Dec 16, 2019
Omoluabi16:
If yahaya bello can win an election, a bullion van movement on the eve of an election, then this should not surprise anybody. That video was 'doctored'

Even small Sudan just jailed their immediate past President. But here our toothless ICPC and EFCC will be chasing small small teenagers for yahoo.

Justice Egwuatu.
Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Lastanza: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2019
This country is just soo nauseating.
I shame for judiciary wey no get shame.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Vanessa116(f): 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
fergie001:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/court-dismisses-bribery-charges-against-ganduje/
why won’t they oppress and intimidate the Judges.. corrupt lots. Little wonder, DSS invaded court premises, they’ve sold their rights already.

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by fergie001: 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

To those who do not understand and have been misreading this ruling, What they dismissed was an action to compel the EFCC to investigate Ganduje. Case wasn't filed against Ganduje. Was filed to compel EFCC.

So the ruling was not about Gandujes bribery issue but the desire to have him investigated.
So the efcc can decide not to investigate him.....ab initio

It's all semantics abeg.....
Fayose was investigated as a sitting Gov..
Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Angelfrost(m): 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
What a joke of a nation...

Tomorrow imams and clergymen will gather flocks tasking them to pray for peace and progress in Nigeria...

How else do you define a failed State??!... What's the point in hoping and praying...

3 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by mechanics(m): 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
It's so bad that it has being turned to a project topic.
Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by JonDon12: 9:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
Criticaltemp:
Ipob are terrorist group with no terror evidence, sowore is jailed for fellony with no treasonable evidence.. Ganduje's bribery case is dismissed with clear evidence the he is a culprit by d same court that handled all of the above. You see Nigeria ehh, we r finished..

Chai. Nigeria is finished o. Ndi Ibo make una start to dey pack una load o. There is no one Nigeria no more. Sowore gets rearrested. Kalu get 12 years. Ganduje goes scotfree. Onnoghen gets removed by presidency to be replaced by Alhaji Tanko. This is not democracy. It is an IslamoFulanocracy.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Kaybaba5(m): 9:13pm On Dec 16, 2019
Naija which way

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by ColonelEmeka: 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
fergie001:

So the efcc can decide not to investigate him.....ab initio

It's all semantics abeg.....
Fayose was investigated as a sitting Gov..

1. The court NEVER ruled that there’s no case against Ganduje (that wasn’t even an issue before it). It ruled that EFCC has no duty to release the forensic report we asked for. Mr Magu publicly claimed that he was in London in Nov. 2018 to do forensics of the Gandollar clips.
But the court ruled that there’s no evidence that it has done the analysis and got a report.

2. The suit was on the substance of whether Ganduje committed bribery but on whether EFCC had a duty to release a copy of the said forensic analysis.

3. The application wasn’t against Ganduje but against EFCC and it’s not a criminal suit and thus no pronouncement was made on Ganduje’s culpability.
Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by osazsky(m): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
It's just a doctored video,he is honest,has integrity like Buhari,I have known him for years now,,,,,,sai bubu till 2050

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Criticaltemp: 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
JonDon12:

Chai. Nigeria is finished o. Ndi Ibo make una start to dey pack una load o. There is no one Nigeria no more. Sowore gets rearrested. Kalu get 12 years. Ganduje goes scotfree. Onnoghen gets removed by presidency to be replaced by Alhaji Tanko. This is not democracy. It is an IslamoFulanocracy.
this one no dey type of government wey dem teach me ohh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Kingrefreshed: 9:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
fergie001:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/court-dismisses-bribery-charges-against-ganduje/

I wonder how those contractors who had the camera on their body, and wanted to nail him would feel now. They actually caught him red handed but the government onboard Is an Evil one.

2 Likes

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by ColonelEmeka: 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kingrefreshed:

I wonder how those contractors who had the camera on their body, and wanted to nail him would feel now. They actually caught him red handed but the government onboard Is an Evil one.

The headline is misleading the ruling was not in favor of Ganduje as the case was not against him but against the EFCC. You guys need to learn to read
Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Kingrefreshed: 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

The headline is misleading the ruling was not in favor of Ganduje as the case was not against him but against the EFCC. You guys need to learn to read

get out of my comment!!! Indian Ram!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Younglord123(m): 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
We all know that Ganduje is corrupt but immunity protects him for now.

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by ColonelEmeka: 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kingrefreshed:

get out of my comment!!! Indian Ram!

still learn to read with understanding. If you lack understanding of the body of the article then ask and it will be explained

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by TheStarsAlign: 9:35pm On Dec 16, 2019
A leopard can never change it's skin. Gandollar will forever remain Gandollar.

Ps: Abeg who has link to that video let me watch again...

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Kingrefreshed: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

still learn to read with understanding. If you lack understanding of the body of the article then ask and it will be explained

I don't really want to respond to you. But since you really crave for my attention you can have it in abundance.

In you're area,we are the ones employed, hired, contracted to teach and tutor you. I know you very well and of course you are in no position to speak about Understanding because i know you're source.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by ColonelEmeka: 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
Kingrefreshed:

I don't really want to respond to you. But since you really crave for my attention you can have it in abundance.

In you're area,we are the ones employed, hired, contracted to teach and tutor you. I know you very well and of course you are in no position to speak about Understanding because i know you're source.

undecided undecided

I see you are confused

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Kingrefreshed: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

undecided undecided

I see you are confused

Sorry kiss You lost

1 Like

Re: Ganduje: Court Dismisses Bribery Case Against Governor by Basher8583: 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
Emarex:

So all those videos flying online are what?

We have entered one chance. If you see opportunity japaaaa bc Nigeria will never get better. It is not a curse but the truth.

if I posted a video online of you sleeping with a mad woman in the bush would you consider that as evidence to prosecute you.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets Security Chiefs In Abuja / Osinbajo Not Among Those Sabotaging Tinubu - El-Rufai (Video) / Atiku And Adesina Visit Zuma In South Africa To Thank Him (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.