Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,637 members, 7,968,860 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 01:55 PM

Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages (11878 Views)

INEC To Get N18bn For Bayelsa, Kogi, Imo Governorship Elections - FG / Oyetola Took N18bn Loan After Election Loss, Left N407.32bn Debt – Adeleke / Ekiti Election: 'FG Moves N18bn Cash Through Akure Airport' - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Coquinoqui: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
Never seen a state as corrupt as delta state

1 Like

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by pilot77(m): 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
N18Bn, SMH
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by OChimex: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
christejames:
Okowa is working...

#followNPFL

These politicians are purely evil and heartless, especially those Niger Delta politicians.

How can just drainages gulp a whooping 18 billion?

That is how they steal the humongous allocations that come to the oil rich states yet they have nothing to show for it.

Kano receives lesser allocations yet boasts of more infrastructure than the entire Niger Delta states.

1 Like

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by onyeomanono24(f): 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Atleast okowa is looking towards Warri axis as part of the state and attending to the road unlike one efulefu from this side that abandon his own people thinking Asaba is his heritage.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by spirul77: 6:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
@sylve, you would have been right if you said this few years back, in terms of road construction, Okowa is the best in South, up till streets, even up till rural places are tarred, I was amazed when I visited Agbor, warri,ughelli ,abraka last month.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by johnpablo541(m): 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
Pavore9:
By the time he leaves office, these contracts will pop up in EFCC files.
Lol. Most of those companies weren't in existence. They just popped out.

Look at the name of the company that handled the project in the picture the OP posted. Emimarvins global resources. No website. A search online brings nothing. And they are handling a road contract.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by OVIHINNO(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
maynattion:
I swear to God, Okowa is working.
I no understand, work where? Audio work? Abi no be the Warri wey we de?
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by odinga1of: 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2019
sylve11:

Kano get better roads and good road networks pass delta state. you can argue with your keyboard. undecided cool

To hell with your Kano State.

Kano State has been in existence since 1960, Delta was just created from Bendel in 1991........and Civilian government took over since 1999, so your comparison holds no water.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by odinga1of: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=spirul77 post=84966109]@sylve, you would have been right if you said this few years back, in terms of road construction, Okowa is the best in South, up till streets, even up till rural places are tarred, I was amazed when I visited Agbor, warri,ughelli ,abraka last month.

Bros apart from Urban Axis, Okowa administration is working, all the roads and streets are tarreed, imagine Dignori Street here in Hausa Qaurter refused make dem tarred their street because of one yeye tree inside the street, at least it would have lessing traffic congestion in Ever busy Hausa Qaurter.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Anacondaprick: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2019
onyeomanono24:
Atleast okowa is looking towards Warri axis as part of the state and attending to the road unlike one efulefu from this side that abandon his own people thinking Asaba is his heritage.

Mind you uduaghan did nothing for Asaba during his tenure
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by ednut1(m): 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Mrexcell(m): 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by WarriAproko: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
maynattion:
I swear to God, Okowa is working.
work were... undecided undecided keke riders and theives everywere abi
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by maynattion(f): 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
WarriAproko:
work were... undecided undecided keke riders and theives everywere abi
OVIHINNO:
I no understand, work where? Audio work? Abi no be the Warri wey we de?

undecided undecided
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by WarriAproko: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
christejames:
Okowa is working...

#followNPFL
delta state very dirty..... keke state he is really working. All street lights dead
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Santdsaint: 6:41pm On Dec 16, 2019
Leave Okowa and delta state... That man is the worst governor delta state has ever had in all ramifications.Our roads are becoming seaports,Hospitals are nothing to write home about especially the teaching hospital,educational investment zero, employment and labour nothing... Is so laughable there is no single photo of one of the construction or constructed area. God help delta state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by webngnews: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by sylve11: 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
odinga1of:

To hell with your Kano State.

Kano State has been in existence since 1960, Delta was just created from Bendel in 1991........and Civilian government took over since 1999, so your comparison holds no water.

The money that's entering Delta state which is created 1991 monthly X a year is more than enough to build what an archaic Kano with little derivation will get in 50 years. undecided cool
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by planetx: 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
Overinflated contract, I doubt if the real cost is up to half of the announced cost.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by sylve11: 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
WarriAproko:
delta state very dirty..... keke state he is really working. All street lights dead

Tell them. cool
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by sylve11: 7:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
planetx:
Overinflated contract, I doubt if the real cost is up to half of the announced cost.

normal na. cool
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by seangy4konji: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2019
I hope you people know how much 18 billion naira is.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Ghenisean(m): 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2019
Wetin dem one use all that money do na,shuuu.

Person dey hardly hear news about Delta 4 dis forum,if u manage see one na something when dey sound one kind 4 ear .mttchhew,abeg.

1 Like

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Yankee101: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
Lies, lies, lies!!!
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Sammyblack87: 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2019
Which of the the state owned road that are smooth, pti road abi na enerhen junction?
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
oweniwe:

You made above post in ignorance.

Okowa is not responsible for that road.

It is federal road.

State owned roads are smooth
Let's be honest with ourselves. Regardless of the road being a federal or State road, with the billions allocated to Delta and bayelsa states, these states ought to be like the 'Dubai' in Nigeria. For goodness sake the people are suffering! Unemployment in these states is very high! Where are the billions going to? Despite their relatively small population? Haba!

Same story with Akwa-ibom and Rivers. They get billions monthly with nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by chewwie(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2019
Yes oh! Okowa is working. They came to patch one sinkhole in my area last week and I expected they'd do the whole road with tar at least only for them to use 20 bag of granite @ 500 Naira each to fill the whole nonsense! I swear if I see Okowa, I will use slippers to flog that his kpomo lip. PTI road = zero

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Kingray10: 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
oweniwe:

You made above post in ignorance.

Okowa is not responsible for that road.

It is federal road.

State owned roads are smooth
Is PTI road also federal road
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Kingray10: 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2019
Ghenisean:
Wetin dem one use all that money do na,shuuu.

Person dey hardly hear news about Delta 4 dis forum,if u manage see one na something when dey sound one kind 4 ear .mttchhew,abeg.
My governor and the company don plan am say nah 50/50.
When he leave seat half of that money they go back to am.
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by Kingray10: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2019
[quote author=odinga1of post=84966588][/quote]
Bross the one street for every LGA Nia be work ??
Re: Delta Earmarks N18bn For Warri, Uvwie Storm Drainages by oweniwe(m): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2019
Viking07:
Let's be honest with ourselves. Regardless of the road being a federal or State road, with the billions allocated to Delta and bayelsa states, these states ought to be like the 'Dubai' in Nigeria. For goodness sake the people are suffering! Unemployment in these states is very high! Where are the billions going to? Despite their relatively small population? Haba!

Same story with Akwa-ibom and Rivers. They get billions monthly with nothing to show for it.

If you are into construction, you will understand.

Naira's purchasing power is low. All heavy construction equipment are bought from abroad same with their spare parts. Steel is imported. You have to pay for experienced manpower, then you will have to buy diesel

If you add weak naira to all those expenses... Then you add Delta terrain to it... You will realize that 18bn is nothing.

In some states, you just use grader to level the ground cos the top soil is hard... Add laterite to raise the level, compact and tar up... You can't try that in Delta. You will have to evacuate the whole top soil first, that alone doubles construction expenses. So it is very unfair to compare cost of building road in Delta to that of kano.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Oldest Monarchs In The World / Masari Tells Katsina Residents To Arm Themselves Against Bandits / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.