Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,006 members, 7,883,472 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 11:16 AM

British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo (6525 Views)

Metuh Bows To EFCC, Cooperates With Investigators-newswatch Times / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters / On Soludo, Buhari, Jonathan And The Elections .....pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by 9jarukus: 3:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

This scandalous fraud wasn't hidden.We were all aware of it and there were demands from all quaters for investigation.Why is this coming now?
and that is the same question am asking why now, and this shows that the colonial masters never left ,if obasanjo cant do it in nigeria then they will step in
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by hercules07: 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2010
@Abagworo

Better late than never, may they continue to fight with themselves so that they will be exposed, may they take their corruption and stealing outside the shores of Nigeria where prosecutors who are no respecter of persons will go after them.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Abagworo(m): 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
hercules07:

@Abagworo

Better late than never, may they continue to fight with themselves so that they will be exposed, may they take their corruption and stealing outside the shores of Nigeria where prosecutors who are no respecter of persons will go after them.

I think the hand of some untouchables is involved.This case might still be swept under the carpet.Soludo is an excellent economist who modernized and reshaped Nigerian banking sector.However just like every man that works with the devil,he got influenced by his Ogas and decided not to play to the mumu ethics(irony).

One thing Nigerians should bear in mind with regards to 2011 elections.Anybody coming out as the PDP candidate will always act like PDP no matter how good he naturally is.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2010
some of the comments on this thread are the reason Nigeria will never go forward, and why the so called 'bloody revolution' some misguided noisemakers keep calling for will end in civil war

as long as it is 'our son' involved in a crime , his being investigated , tried, imprisoned - is a tribal /political agenda

disgraceful

some of the most strident defenders of soludo are the greatest whiners about corruption in the nation

i only hope that its the close minded ethnic jingoist teeny boppers who have found their way from music and romance threads and not actual intellectuals - otherwise nigeria is finished
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by villous(m): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2010
GOD THAT ANSWERETH BY FIRE LET UR THUNDER FALL ON THIS PEOPLE THAT SUFFER THE MASSES AMEN
EVERY LEADER EMBEZZELLING OUR MONEY WHAT ARE U WAITING FOR FALL DOWN AND DIE BUT BEFORE YOU DIE RESTORE OUR MONEY
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

This scandalous fraud wasn't hidden.We were all aware of it and there were demands from all quaters for investigation.Why is this coming now?
Bros, it's coming now because they must have gotten wind of the rumor (Atiku/Soludo - 2011)

They r moving on mere rumor grin grin grin
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by kulutempa: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2010
jabbok:

If this story is true, then the mumu FG(GEJ camp) have conspired with their imperial masters(british) to start a campaign of calumny against the seasoned chukwuma Soludo. Atiku/Soludo ticket - Some people have started catching cold already  grin grin grin

Is this a joke?   Do you really think Soludo has nothing to hide?  This is a man who was head of the Central Bank at a time when people like Cecilia Ibru and Akingbola were stealing billions of naira of depositors funds.   In my view he must have known what is going on, because the banks kept going to the Central bank to take on emergency short term loans and that should have flashed warning lights.   Sanusi immediately realised what was going on and took action whereas Soludo continued with business as usual.   I am surprised he is not in jail at the moment.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by kulutempa: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
oyb:

some of the comments on this thread are the reason Nigeria will never go forward, and why the so called 'bloody revolution' some misguided noisemakers keep calling for will end in civil war

as long as it is 'our son' involved in a crime , his being investigated , tried, imprisoned - is a tribal /political agenda

disgraceful

some of the most strident defenders of soludo are the greatest whiners about corruption in the nation

i only hope that its the close minded ethnic jingoist teeny boppers who have found their way from music and romance threads and not actual intellectuals - otherwise nigeria is finished

Thanks my brother. As someone once said, Nigerians are some of the most deluded people on earth. It's like we would like to go to the moon but we don't like rockets.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2010
kulutempa:

Is this a joke?   Do you really think Soludo has nothing to hide?  This is a man who was head of the Central Bank at a time when people like Cecilia Ibru and Akingbola were stealing billions of naira of depositors funds.   In my view he must have known what is going on, because the banks kept going to the Central bank to take on emergency short term loans and that should have flashed warning lights.   Sanusi immediately realised what was going on and took action whereas Soludo continued with business as usual.   I am surprised he is not in jail at the moment.
I cant vouch for Soludo, but dont link him with the Ibru's. The case has been adjudicated by a competent court and verdict reached. You no sabi pass our lawyers/judges.

The BIG question is [size=14pt]WHY NOW?[/size]
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
violent:

It' s disgusting the way Nigerians are quick to blame politics when their leaders are being called to account!. . .

Correction, mate.

It is not disgusting, it is cretinous.

I am confident Soludo would be found guilty on this. I have said it earlier, despite being someone that admired him before and defended him on NL, that I have it from reliable first-hand authority that him and Olisa Agbakoba were crooks that milked CBN with inflated fees.

I am convinced he is a crook.

He is one of those competent people with good intentions but thinks it is OK just to steal a bit.

WRONG, THAT STILL MAKES YOU A CROOK! Investigate him, if he is guilty, get him and jail his moronic arse.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by excanny: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

I wonder too. This report came out as far back as early October. All of a sudden when Soludo is likely to join Atiku's camp, it's in the news again.

It's really hard to trust the intentions of anybody nowadays.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2010
Mai Suya:

Why everybody dey shout GEJ? if soludo's hands are clean, there will be nothing to worry about.

BTW is Soludo really anti-GEJ?

Don't mind them.

It is typical moronic Naija style to throw moronic conjectures to defend "our own" and "our own" should not be made to go through a court process, they are innocent, no need for investigation.

Some Nigerians need to be taken to the woods and shot. No point trying to convince them, their brain is worthless.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by kulutempa: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2010
jabbok:

I cant vouch for Soludo, but dont link him with the Ibru's. The case has been adjudicated by a competent court and verdict reached. You no sabi pass our lawyers/judges.

Good question.  But does it really matter if the man has indeed been lining his pockets with ill gotten gains?  And must we excuse him because other big fish are doing the same?
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Gayigaskia(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2010
jabbok:

The question is not why now?  It is why not ? If he is Innocent let him prove it. If he is guilty then i salute whoever is behind this case coming out.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by kulutempa: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Don't mind them.

It is typical moronic Naija style to throw moronic conjectures to defend "our own" and "our own" should not be made to go through a court process, they are innocent, no need for investigation.

Some Nigerians need to be taken to the woods and shot. No point trying to convince them, their brain is worthless.

Sagamite, calm down.  Ko le to yen.  We all know that the average Nigerian is a hypocrite.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2010
kulutempa:

Sagamite, calm down.  Ko le to yen.  We all know that the average Nigerian is a hypocrite.

Honestly, I find it hard to calm down when I see opinions and mentality that are destroying my country.

That is why I am Calm in Romance section and Hitler in Politics section.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo:

I think the hand of some untouchables is involved.This case might still be swept under the carpet.Soludo is an excellent economist who modernized and reshaped Nigerian banking sector.However just like every man that works with the devil,he got influenced by his Ogas and decided not to play to the mumu ethics(irony).

One thing Nigerians should bear in mind with regards to 2011 elections.Anybody coming out as the PDP candidate will always act like PDP no matter how good he naturally is.

And that makes thieving OK?
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Nov 28, 2010
Gayigaskia:

The question is not why now?  It is why not ? If he is Innocent let him prove it. If he is guilty then i salute whoever is behind this case coming out.

Thank you!
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by FEMARY(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2010
WE HAVE 3G WIRED/WIRELESS ROUTERS-few pcs left-It works with Starcomms IZAP,MTN fastlink,Zain,Multilinks 3G Blue,Glo,Zoom,Visafone mod[/b]ems,etc.Very easy setup,just plug your USB modem(eg IZA,MTN fastlink)into the router usb port.Switch on the router and wait for 2 minutes to finish booting and everybody with wireless laptop,desktop and devices are up ready to go browsing Internet.
[b]Advantages
1.You share your broad[/b]band Internet wirelessly within an Office/Home
2.the router also has a wired LAN port for connecting to wired switch in Cafes/Offices
3.Plug and play,very easy setup that any amateur can do.Just plug your MTN,Starcomms,Visafone modems etc into the router and you are good to go.
4.You experience faster browsing speed,no more server hanging,virus and stress.
5.You can use 12 computers with this arrangement on Starcomms IZAP.
[b]
Call 08023122331

You have to act fast if you are to get a unit.

Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by hercules07: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
If he is found guilty, we can always find a reddington for him, with the way things are going, the UK will jail more of our politicians than we will do. How are we going to get out of this bloody mess that our leaders are putting us.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Saidsalla(m): 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2010
1025:

over to our FG to strike deal with the person(s) involved.
it is obvious that all those who started and ended peacefully with obasanjo are all involved in one shaddy deal of the other.
soludo stoled all the money and wasted part of them in his inordinate ambition to become the gov of anambra state.
all the same, nothing will happen to him because jonathan is even more corrupt than all of them. no wonder none of these corrupt idiots is going down.
at least, jonathan will have good reasons to be re-elected as the president come 2011 as he has provided more than enough shields for those who stole us dry.

Of course,u r right. Even this Soludo can go peacefully if he turned back and back Gej for his do or die political ambition in 2011. Keep on moving Nigeria! No body can break u down.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Omenani(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
Something sounds funny.

Why now? angry
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2010
Saidsalla:

Of course,u r right. Even this Soludo can go peacefully if he turned back and back Gej for his do or die political ambition in 2011. Keep on moving Nigeria! No body can break u down.

The way it looks to me, it appears when this news entered your brains it was very difficult to comprehend that the investigation is being done by the British.

So how will Soludo backing GEJ change the investigation and subsequent charge if there is a case to answer?
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2010
@ all,

I am not sure that any of our top Gov officials(past/present) can come out clean from a fair scrutiny. The problem is that the searchlight is only directed @ perceived oppositions. This is why those in power will do anything to cling unto power. Even when the constitution puts a limit on their tenure, they adopt the defensive strategy of installing their proxies to shield them. This is why the likes of OBJ will be better dead than allowing Buhari to be elected.

I support the investigation, but let it be TOTAL not selective.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Omenani(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2010
Where are British investigators with Obasanjo?

Why pick on Soludo? Something tells me this is politically motivated.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

The way it looks to me, it appears when this news entered your brains it was very difficult to comprehend that the investigation is being done by the British.

So how will Soludo backing GEJ change the investigation and subsequent charge if there is a case to answer?

From this question one can infer that u are either not a Nigerian or you didn't suck ur mama breast (I mean grew on infant formula alone overseas)

No disrespect meant
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by MetalGong4: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2010
At the end of the day, the investigation will be a futile attempt to malign Soludo's reputation. . . .

Atiku/Soludo 2011 . . . . . . grin grin
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2010
jabbok:

From this question one can infer that u are either not a Nigerian or you didn't suck your mama bosom (I mean grew on infant formula alone overseas)

No disrespect meant

Ok, no problem.

Now respect me and explain to me, RATIONALLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, how Soludo's support of GEJ will stop a British Serious Fraud Office investigation.

I wait.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2010
Omenani:

Where are British investigators with Obasanjo?

Why pick on Soludo? Something tells me this is politically motivated.

So you are saying the British investigators are being used as a political tool by Nigerian politicians?

I wait for your answer.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Ok, no problem.

Now respect me and explain to me, RATIONALLY AND INTELLIGENTLY, how Soludo's support of GEJ will stop a British Serious Fraud Office investigation.

I wait.
First, are u sure u r a Nigerian?
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
jabbok:

First, are u sure u r a Nigerian?

I grew up in Nigeria and I have a green pali just in case, so I can pretty much claim to be one.

I wait.
Re: British Investigators Turn Sights On Soludo by Omenani(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sagamite:

So you are saying the British investigators are being used as a political tool by Nigerian politicians?

I wait for your answer.

This is not the first time, the British have interfered with the internal processes of Nigeria. They have been involved since the beginning.

Why haven't they went after Obj?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Sss Declares Ex-soldier Wanted / Oil Revenue: Rivers To Be Refunded N17.5B From Seven States / Ben Bruce - Spending $8bn On Fuel Importation Is Crazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.