Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,221 members, 7,910,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:17 AM

Seven Tips To Make Your Internet Connection Faster On Your Phone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Seven Tips To Make Your Internet Connection Faster On Your Phone (293 Views)

Check Your Internet Speed In Under 10 Seconds. / Simple Trick To Make Your Wifi Connection Faster / Human Wash Machine Will Bathe You Faster And Better (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seven Tips To Make Your Internet Connection Faster On Your Phone by braintechng: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2019
First, you can check the speed of your connection here. Below are the seven (7) tips to make Internet faster on your smartphone.

SEVEN (7) WAYS TO MAKE INTERNET CONNECTION FASTER

1. Set Your Network Connection to 3G or 4G

It is not news that 4G and 3G network modes are much faster than EDGE and 2G networks mode. A guy using a very nice smartphone came to me and was very worried about the internet speed on his phone, that his phone doesn't browse fast enough, In fact that he finds it difficult to upload photos on Facebook. He even suggested selling the phone thinking that it was a fault but when i collected the phone from him to check things out, I noticed this guy is on 2G network for many weeks and he wasn't even aware that it can be changed. Then i switched him to 3G and the network connection improved drastically. You see, some few phone users are ignorant of this.

So to speed up your data connection speed, you need to change your preferred network connection to 3G, WCDMA or 4G instead of GSM or EDGE

2. Uninstall Unnecessary Apps

Are you aware that many Android applications uses internet connection to work and to make things worst, some uses the Internet in background even when you aren't using the app. These apps drags the internet with other more useful apps which you constantly use on your phone so why allow such apps to remain installed in your phone?

I advise you to uninstall all the apps you don't normally use because they don't only slows the Internet connection but also makes your phone's performance slow as well as zapping your data unknowingly.

3. Clear the Cache in Your SmartPhone

This one might be controversial because in most cases, cache boosts internet speed especially with web browser apps, WhatsApp and Facebook. This is because these apps don't need to reload those saved data once you launch them thereby saving the time internet requires on your phone for processing information. But in some rare cases, cache can work alternatively so you might consider clearing cache memory.

Interestingly, clearing cache helps boost your phone performance as well as giving you more phone memory space especially if you are always short on device internal storage. To clear cache, go to phone Settings > applications > select apps > tap on clear cache. Note that this step might be slightly different from phones with different OS versions.
To learn more about your internet speedometer you can click on >>>>>>>> https://braintechng..com/2019/12/seven-tips-to-make-your-internet.html

(1) (Reply)

New Innovation Alert! 3D Cooking(your Thoughts) / Dragon Naturally Speaking Support / The Black Holes Properties.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.