Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,413 members, 7,978,303 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:47 AM

Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? (761 Views)

Please Which Domain Registrar Can Register "*.edu* Domain / Which Domain Name Site Is Most Reliable In Nigeria / Which Domain Is Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by mayorj(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2019
WHICH DOMAIN NAME REGISTRAR IS BEST FOR YOU?
In recent times, I have gotten many questions about, which is the best Domain registrar. At the time, I couldn’t answer because I was still doing my test and evaluations. I got questions like these. “Which Domain Registrar is the best?” “Which is the oldest registrar?” “Which registrar sells cheap domains?. These types of questions were constant, both from among professional domain investors but especially from newbies.
Re: Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by mayorj(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2019
If you're a tech savvy, domainer, web developer or designer, blogger, freelancer, your contirbutions and opinions are highly welcome to help get right directions to the most valuable domain registrar

You may not know how much help your opinion could provide to domain name users.
Re: Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by mayorj(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Just some days ago, I wanted to register a name from an expiry stream, I went to the so-called most popular registrar. To my surprise, they told me it has been taken, I was confused, I quickly checked the name at a less popular registrar, and to my surprise it was ‘available’, I had to double-check my spellings to be sure. That scene made me more critical about choosing a registrar.
Re: Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by mayorj(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
In view of this I have come up with this medium to get what you will have to say about your experience(s) (both good and bad) regarding domain registrars.
Re: Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by Mayoorcity: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2019
We need your reviews on your experience with Epik registrar so we can improve better and serve you better.
Re: Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by mayorj(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
A lot of domainers -- individuals and even businesses -- make their domain registrar choice based on price, the popularity of the registrar's name, the appearance of the website, and availability of other attractive offers and a host of other factors without necessarily considering the security of their digital assets.
Just as you would not have deposits with an insecure bank, it also applies to your internet names. As such, maybe the starting point of wisely choosing a registrar is a desire for an invincible safe for your digital assets. Security should be the “price of entry” and first and foremost for anyone to manage your domain assets. This is not just about technology but also about registrar policy and record of safeguarding customer domain assets as a responsible steward.

All registrars offer the same basic functions ranging from domain registration, renewals, transfers, web hosting, email hosting while some offer additional features. All of that does not really matter as much as how they do them. A registrar can be the most popular yet they may be the one that will pose the biggest problems for your domain name security. Issues such as hijacked domain name, arbitrary domain locking, non-responsive DNS are common with the so-called popular registrars.
Re: Which Domain Name Registrar Is Best For You? by mayorj(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
Talking on Security, is Security your concern whenever you want to choose a Domain Registrar? or what things do you consider?

If you had experience any insecurity in managing a domain name, please feel free to share.

(1) (Reply)

Unbann Your Whatsapp Busines Number For #5000 Per Number First Customer Is Free / Mgid Account With $52 For Sale / Are You A Web Developer In Need Of This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.