Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,609 members, 7,944,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder (579 Views)

Messi Asked Me If He'll Score Goals Like Ronaldo In Italy - Boateng (Photo) / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap / Deontay Wilder Shoves Off Tyson Fury During Fight Promotional Campaign (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Ngrtrend: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Anthony Joshua says he'll prefer to face Tyson Fury than Deontay Wilder, offers to publicly train with Fury to prepare him for Wilder fight

Heavyweight Boxing champion of the world, Anthony Joshua has offered to spar his rival Tyson Fury ahead of the Brit's February 2020 rematch with Deontay Wilder.

Sparring is the technical term used for training in boxing, where boxing without powerful punching occurs and both boxers wear head gears while in the ring.

Joshua, barely two weeks after reclaiming his heavyweight belts in a classic showdown in Saudi Arabia against Andy Ruiz, wants to cement his legacy as a boxing legend but to do that he will have to beat either Fury or Wilder as they remain the only undefeated heavyweight boxing champions and are at their prime.

He has been criticized in the past by boxing fans and pundits for dodging Wilder and Fury by ''selecting easy fights.'' He was stunned by the unheralded and unknown Andy Ruiz in June.

Now he has reclaimed his belts and he says he is ready to unify the division but would rather face Fury than Wilder because he feels Wilder will want to stall negotiations with him, and has surprisingly offered to Spar with Fury to prepare him for Fury's rematch with Wilder in February 2020.

Joshua told Sky Sports News on Tuesday: “I think Tyson Fury would fight me quicker than Wilder would, so if that’s the case I want Fury to win because I just wanna fight.

“Fury, if you need me, if you need me for sparring– I’ve sparred Fury when we were kids anyway.

“I’d go out to America, spar Fury and get him ready for this Wilder fight.

“I would like that fight because I think Fury would fight me faster than Wilder would.”

“In terms of skill, I rate him (Fury) highly, he’s a real boxing connoisseur, he studies his boxing like I do.

“He has some resemblances with his movement and style, like Muhammad Ali.

“And the way he talks, if you listen to what he says you can see one of his role models is Muhammad Ali.”

Speaking about failed contract negotiations in the past with Wilder, Joshua said;

"It still puzzles me as to why it's so difficult to pin this man down," said Joshua.

"This is the man that I need to pin down to get the last ring, so I can conquer this division, as I've set out to do from day one.

"When he's ready as I am, I would love to be facing off here. Facing off with Deontay Wilder, talking about the keys to victory.

"It's not even about me now, it's gone past that. It's about the sport and our legacy, and I've always said, if he wants to create his legacy and be a future Hall-Of-Famer, he should come see us.

https://www.ngvibezloaded.com/anthony-joshua-says-hell-prefer-to-face-tyson-fury-than-deontay-wilder/

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by kestine(m): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
Letter to Joshua... Joshua u can't and won't fight wilder... Because u self know say the guy go beat you like small pikin... Anyway u can try to fight fury so as to test your strength... But don't in this life near wilder for now... The guy go decimate you....
Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by onlinetomola(m): 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
The officials would never even accept the fight of Wilder vs AJ. Wilder is a beast.
Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by ghettokid1(m): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Joshua pls i beg u in the name of god 'dont fight wilder'
But if u say you will do, watch for this

Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Mikeangelo0433: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
I have watched wilder fight and I say this confidently that wilder would be humbled by Joshua. Boxing isn't all about swinging ur arms wildly. It is about how well u can adapt to the fighter in front of u. Aj has proven to be a more skilled fighter than wilder but Wilder has leveraged on Joshua's popularity coupled with some trash talking to make himself relevant. One thing is certain if and when they meet Joshua will defeat wilder inevitably. Even an unfit Fury took Wilder through a boxing master class.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Kog45(m): 6:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
kestine:
Letter to Joshua... Joshua u can't and won't fight wilder... Because u self know say the guy go beat you like small pikin... Anyway u can try to fight fury so as to test your strength... But don't in this life near wilder for now... The guy go decimate you....
Bros wetin nau,pls talk boxing like a pundit and pass the message without sentiment.
Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Kog45(m): 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Mikeangelo0433:
I have watched wilder fight and I say this confidently that wilder would be humbled by Joshua. Boxing isn't all about swinging ur arms wildly. It is about how well u can adapt to the fighter in front of u. Aj has proven to be a more skilled fighter than wilder but Wilder has leveraged on Joshua's popularity coupled with some trash talking to make himself relevant. One thing is certain if and when they meet Joshua will defeat wilder inevitably. Even an unfit Fury took Wilder through a boxing master class.
I think it gonna be a great fight but to be candid the fight can go either way depends on how they up their boxing skills.

..too much respect from AJ seeing him losing it but with skills and calmness am seeing him winning.

AJ or Wilder as a winner good for boxing world but am seeing Fury coming out from nowhere as champ if AJ or Wilder failed to do the needful.
Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by lavenjcrown(m): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
thats you own perspective both are heavy weght champions beleive me it is 50/50
kestine:
Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by lavenjcrown(m): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
go and ask klistchko if joshua is good or not
ghettokid1:
Joshua pls i beg u in the name of god 'dont fight wilder'
But if u say you will do, watch for this

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Mikeangelo0433: 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kog45:
I think it gonna be a great fight but to be candid the fight can go either way depends on how they up their boxing skills.

..too much respect from AJ seeing him losing it but with skills and calmness am seeing him winning.

AJ or Wilder as a winner good for boxing world but am seeing Fury coming out from nowhere as champ if AJ or Wilder failed to do the needful.
I have a lot of respect for Fury and in terms of quality and sheer ability I think Fury is a threat to Joshua. Fury vs Joshua would be anybody's fight buy Wilder vs Aj is gonna be in Joshua's favour u can bank on dat bro.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Kog45(m): 6:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
lavenjcrown:
thats you own perspective both are heavy weght champions beleive me it is 50/50
Yeah 50/50 but boxer like Wilder would never last a round with boxing legend Mohammed Ali.

All AJ need against Wilder is calmness or he lose it with ease.
Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Kog45(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
Mikeangelo0433:
I have a lot of respect for Fury and in terms of quality and sheer ability I think Fury is a threat to Joshua. Fury vs Joshua would be anybody's fight buy Wilder vs Aj is gonna be in Joshua's favour u can bank on dat bro.
Yeah you are right, honestly I have a lot of respect for Fury.

AJ vs Fury would bring us back to great boxing show

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Says He'll Prefer To Face Tyson Fury Than Deontay Wilder by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 17, 2019
Mikeangelo0433:
Leave those people talking about Wilder killing Joshua as if they know about boxing.
They only watch highlights from Wilder's matches, they also forgot that Fury who was away for years outboxed him in twelve rounds.

Wilder also pick weaker opponents too.

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Man United Prediction / Man Utd In Talks To Sign Ex Super Eagles Forward / Fans Reacts After EPL Decided Announce Date For Next Season Early

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.