Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,138 members, 7,973,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 08:19 AM

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition (6760 Views)

Reno To Aregbesola: Tinubu, Oyetola Will Destroy You, Expose Asiwaju’s Secrets / Faleke To Aregbesola: Tinubu Doesn't Play God, His Actions Are Divinely Ordained / Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Ikinternational: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
LegendHero:

If Tinubu can’t then Osinbajo will. Even if Osinbajo can’t we have a lot of Yorubas that are powerful enough to fill that spot.

Even if the Yorubas don’t become the president, the Igbo man can never attain that seat. Even if the Hausa/Fulani take the mantle in 2023, anytime its coming to the south it will always be in the hands of the Yorubas first before any Igbo.

Why am I even discussing with someone from a tribe that hasn’t won any presidential election through the ballot since the inception of Nigeria.

You are political neophytes like the minority tribes and it will be easier for an Urhobo man to become the president before an Igbo man if you keep having the mindset of pulling the Yorubas down.

So which one of these things will stop me from sending my kids abroad and also stop my village house from having marble floors?? Smh

Some of you from the other tribes really have talked yourself into believing you're doing something to the igbos. Oya continue believing
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Donaldoni: 3:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy what English are we speaking? I only know one form. The other guy also engaged you then gave up. I'm about to do the same

Be it primary, secondary, or university election, you were trying to pretend majority igbos ushered their support behind ekwueme when that was not the case at all.

Stop changing the narrative. You don't want the SW to contest the APC ticket at all. You want it simply handed to you Igbos! angry Who does that

Hence, I had to remind you that Obasanjo had to contest the PDP ticket alongside Ekwueme in 1998.
Nobody gave it to him or the SW on a platter. Of course, Igbo delegates would have supported Ekwueme.

And both men went head to head again for the ticket 4 years later despite Obasanjo being sitting president - something 'weak' GEJ couldn't tolerate in 2014.

Primaries come before the main election.

You would have to give up on the argument because of the bare knuckle facts/truths I keep presenting. You can't stand them.

If Igbos want the APC presidential ticket, they should buy the APC form and contest alongside whoever is running just like Rochas did in 2014/2015 when he contested against Buhari. Nobody will give you anything on a platter... tongue

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LabDNA: 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
Donaldoni:

Stop hiding behind a finger!

Nobody stopped Ekwueme from running against Obasanjo twice!!

In fact, the second time was dramatic as Obasanjo being sitting president may have used the power of incumbency to return as PDP flagbearer unopposed but he never did. He allowed Ekwueme to contest the party ticket with him.
GEJ, as 'weak' as he was, made sure nobody contested the PDP ticket with him in 2015... smiley

Come on, stop twisting the facts!!!

Nonsense!

Fact 1- Was OBJ bouyant enough to fund a campaign in his village in 1999? No!

Fact 2- Did Iwuanyawu, Orji Kalu, Ciroma, Shagari make financial and political concessions for Sw to emerge president? Yes!

Fact 3- Have SW done same for anyone in the south despite taking their turn? No!

The SW cannot have the presidency, they have done their turn in the spirit of zoning and therefore must wait for others to take their turning in the spirit of zoning and federal character.

You will not be allowed to jump the queue. Wait your turn and stop trying to fool people with your quasi-intellectual dishonesty. You are not smarter than anyone in Nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by mrchineke: 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:
He is just wasting his time. The SW have done their turn.

If it is not coming East, then SW can't have it too. The SW I know won't allow the East to eat their cake and have it, so why should the East allow them to jump the queue and then succeed only to taunt and insult the East.

Ogbonnaya Kanu, Ngige etc should start gearing up to contest the presidency in APC primaries. If any SWner decides to contest, then instruct your delegates to support El-rufai, Kashim shettima or any powerful northerner.
Let us build that bridge that they so much crave for.

Tell us father's to go and build their own party. Igbo will never represent APC.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Donaldoni: 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

Nonsense!

Fact 1- Was OBJ bouyant enough to fund a campaign in his village in 1999? No!

Fact 2- Did Iwuanyawu, Orji Kalu, Ciroma, Shagari make financial and political concessions for Sw to emerge president? Yes!

Fact 3- Have SW done same for anyone in the south despite taking their turn? No!

The SW cannot have the presidency, they have done their turn in the spirit of zoning and therefore must wait for others to take their turning in the spirit of zoning and federal character.

You will not be allowed to jump the queue. Wait your turn and stop trying to fool people with your quasi-intellectual dishonesty. You are not smarter than anyone in Nigeria.

These are all emotional rants... smiley

Did Ekwueme contest the PDP ticket with Obasanjo on 2 occasions or not If he had won, would he not have been given the ticket

Is PDP the same as APC

If you want the APC ticket, you must work for it. Nobody will give it you... tongue

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by mercyville: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy what English are we speaking? I only know one form. The other guy also engaged you then gave up. I'm about to do the same

Be it primary, secondary, or university election, you were trying to pretend majority igbos ushered their support behind ekwueme when that was not the case at all.

Why don't you use your brain,sir?
Was Ekwueme in the general elections?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LabDNA: 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Politics is dynamics. INEC remains the authority on the processes and rules of elections in Nigeria. In 2019 elections every ethnic group had a candidate nominated by one party or the other and they did not all come from North. If this turn by turn you describe is legal INEC would have disqualified those candidates. They were not disqualified simply because it is allowed for any ethnic group to field candidates and for parties to sponsor.

In 2014 APC sponsored Ngige in Anambra. Do you recall what you called Ngige and his sponsors?

In 2019 APC sponsored Ibos for Governorship in SE. You rejected everyone of them.

If APC would consider its electability in South, it has 5 out of 6, or 83% gain in SW. APC has 2 out of 6, or 33% gain in SS. APC has 0 out of 5, or 0% gain in SE.

So what would be the madness in APC that it would overlook 83% electability, 33% electability, and come to romance with 0% electability?

You can continue trying to dribble everyone with your pseudo-intellectualism till you dribble yourself into political oblivion post-2023.

If we are to go by the gibberish you are trying to sell by throwing zoning illegal and throwing it our of the window. Hope you won't disturb our ears with your lagos-ibadan expressway noise when the north fuckks you over by insisting it comes north.

Ofcourse we all know SESS won't vote SW in 2023. They'd rather vote North if Easterners are not on both tickets. So where will you get your votes from?

Do your usual mago-mago and field a SWner as APC flagbearer, the North+SE+SS will be waiting.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LabDNA: 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Donaldoni:

These are all emotional rants... smiley

Did Ekwueme contest the PDP ticket with Obasanjo on 2 occasions or not If he had won, would he not have been given the ticket

Is PDP the same as APC

If you want the APC ticket, you must work for it. Nobody will give it you... tongue

You are the one running amok with emoticons. My words pierced your soul and you know the SW won't smell that seat if APC fields a yorubaman. We'll wait for the result of the APC primaries and jubilate when a yorubaman emerges.

It will be a walk over, as the North, SE, SS 'build bridges' to ensure that your greedy ambition fails. grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LegendHero(m): 3:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ikinternational:

So which one of these things will stop me from sending my kids abroad and also stop my village house from having marble floors?? Smh

Some of you from the other tribes really have talked yourself into believing you're doing something to the igbos. continue believing

@the bolded, It’s actually the other way round. It is the Igbos that have made it a full-time job to always antagonize the Yorubas at every instant thinking the downfall of the Yorubas will elevate their status.

Discussing the issue of presidency online does not mean the people on here are poor or they also don’t have their kids abroad excelling and living large. So stop bragging over irrelevances online and stay on the issue of discourse.

Advise your kinsmen to desist antagonizing the Yoruba political elite online and start pushing the SE politicians to the limelight. If you could invest the working time most of you use on here to abuse Tinubu in elevating Peter Obi status nationwide, he can be well positioned to assume the mantle of the presidency.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by celeiyke: 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
LegendHero:

Foolish statement at the bolded.

You guys need to be given the treatment the North gave you back in the days to reset your brain back to factory settings.

Do you see the map of Nigeria? Even if you have all your generations born and bred in the SW, they will all bear a foreign surname and a Yoruba (either from Osun or Ogun) will have more privilege in Lagos than any one of you.

Whether Lagos Governor is from Oyo or Ekiti should not be a source of concern to you and you should bother about duplicating the feat in your region instead of trying to lay claim to another man’s land.

Your ancestors had the same mindset that they can rule over Lagos and they all died unfulfilled.

Ur problem is stupidity
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LegendHero(m): 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
celeiyke:

Ur problem is stupidity

Really? Tell me more!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Donaldoni: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

You are the one running amok with emoticons. My words pierced your soul and you know the SW won't smell that seat if APC fields a yorubaman. We'll wait for the result of the APC primaries and jubilate when a yorubaman emerges.

It will be a walk over, as the North, SE, SS 'build bridges' to ensure that your greedy ambition fails. grin

Shior!

Your threat is stale and reeks of shameful cowardice. You will wait for the outcome APC primaries to decide whether to be a slave to a northerner rather than get the PDP ticket and go head to head against the APC Yoruba candidate

What a shame!!

Let me remind you - Abiola defeated Tofa and Obasanjo defeated Buhari... cool

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LabDNA: 3:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
Donaldoni:

Shior!

Your threat is stale and reeks of shameful cowardice. You will wait for the outcome APC primaries to decide whether to be a slave to a northerner rather than get the PDP ticket and go head to head against the APC Yoruba candidate

What a shame!!

Let me remind you - Abiola defeated Tofa and Obasanjo defeated Buhari... cool

Abiola never became, president, and OBJ won without SW votes.

Moreover, the political dynamics have changed drastically, ethnicity, religion, zone, were not part of the ingredients then, but they now...

That's why liar mohammed and his ministry of Information, have been sponsoring all kinds of 'one nigeria' muziki and slogan on NTA to no avail. Joke is on you, field your yoruba APC candidate in 2023, it's a good omen for us in opposition. grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Donaldoni: 4:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

Abiola never became, president, and OBJ won without SW votes.

Moreover, the political dynamics have changed drastically, ethnicity, religion, zone, were not part of the ingredients then, but they now...

That's why liar mohammed and his ministry of Information, have been sponsoring all kinds of 'one nigeria' muziki and slogan on NTA to no avail. Joke is on you, field your yoruba APC candidate in 2023, it's a good omen for us in opposition. grin

You have already lost/given up long before the contest. Quite pathetic!

Obasanjo reaped what Abiola sowed. Nevertheless, the point is that a Yoruba man can defeat a northerner... cool

Obasanjo won second term with SW votes 100% in the bag... cool

I can't believe Igbos can be so afraid of going head to head with Yorubas. I am shocked! embarassed

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by able20(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
This Tinubu naa real guy man, he has retired quietly be that because the northern cabals gave him Overdose of the pills.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by BabaRamota1980: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

You can continue trying to dribble everyone with your pseudo-intellectualism till you dribble yourself into political oblivion post-2023.

If we are to go by the gibberish you are trying to sell by throwing zoning illegal and throwing it our of the window. Hope you won't disturb our ears with your lagos-ibadan expressway noise when the north fuckks you over by insisting it comes north.

Ofcourse we all know SESS won't vote SW in 2023. They'd rather vote North if Easterners are not on both tickets. So where will you get your votes from?

Do your usual mago-mago and field a SWner as APC flagbearer, the North+SE+SS will be waiting.

grin grin grin

E remain small you go join NATO to this ya alliance. Where is MB, you left them out. angry

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by orunto27: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Aregbesola is the Chairman of Islamisation and Fulanisaton in the South. He introduced Fulani Herdsmen Terrorism into Southern Nigerian.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by orunto27: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
Governance is not Home Management.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by BabaRamota1980: 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
General0847:
Who is this caveman? I didn't say a yoruba will not be president i said Tinubu but your tiny brain couldn't register that.

A Yoruba will preside over you in this Nigeria in 2023.

It is upto Yoruba elders to pass endorsement and give us a candidate. Whether Tinubu o, Fayemi o, Fashola o, Osinbajo o, Amosun o....we no care. We wait to hear on elders choice.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Ikinternational: 4:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
LegendHero:

@the bolded, It’s actually the other way round. It is the Igbos that have made it a full-time job to always antagonize the Yorubas at every instant thinking the downfall of the Yorubas will elevate their status.

Discussing the issue of presidency online does not mean the people on here are poor or they also don’t have their kids abroad excelling and living large. So stop bragging over irrelevances online and stay on the issue of discourse.

Advise your kinsmen to desist antagonizing the Yoruba political elite online and start pushing the SE politicians to the limelight. If you could invest the working time most of you use on here to abuse Tinubu in elevating Peter Obi status nationwide, he can be well positioned to assume the mantle of the presidency.

Okay I understand. So why come online to banter with people if your feelings are easily offended? Especially on nairaland? So which one of these guys did igbos elect spokesman? Maybe you should advise me
And you're here pretending as if it's only igbos hauling insults. Why do you wish to insult my God given intelligence? How can I respect you as a man if you can't speak honestly?

Don't play dumb guy. My point was some people are so hell bent against igbo presidency as if the whole tribe progress depends on it. It doesn't

But to be fair to you, based on your last paragraph, I don't believe you're a tribalist. Some people have offended you obviously. But you'll be a liar to say it doesn't go both ways. That's why I insult the individual that says something stupid. But never the tribe.
Nobody here is an elected spokesman for their people

The truth is it's pass time for igbos n yorubas to stop their stupid bickering. But nobody is listening.
Abroad we all answer Nigerian period.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Ikinternational: 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
mercyville:

Why don't you use your brain,sir?
Was Ekwueme in the general elections?

Please let me borrow your brain so I can be just as successful sir.

I guess support starts and ends at general election level.
Good use of your brain sir. Bravo
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Ikinternational: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
Donaldoni:

Stop changing the narrative. You don't want the SW to contest the APC ticket at all. You want it simply handed to you Igbos! angry Who does that

Hence, I had to remind you that Obasanjo had to contest the PDP ticket alongside Ekwueme in 1998.
Nobody gave it to him or the SW on a platter. Of course, Igbo delegates would have supported Ekwueme.

And both men went head to head again for the ticket 4 years later despite Obasanjo being sitting president - something 'weak' GEJ couldn't tolerate in 2014.

Primaries come before the main election.

You would have to give up on the argument because of the bare knuckle facts/truths I keep presenting. You can't stand them.

If Igbos want the APC presidential ticket, they should buy the APC form and contest alongside whoever is running just like Rochas did in 2014/2015 when he contested against Buhari. Nobody will give you anything on a platter... tongue

Guy my father's house in the village has marbles. lol. I really don't give a fuvck about any of that. Just being honest

The seriousness some of you take this politics thing eh
Anyway have at it. At the end of the day what dey your pocket is all that really matters

My father socializes with these politicians. None of them are about shyt. But a bunch of expert glad handers
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LegendHero(m): 6:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ikinternational:

Okay I understand. So why come online to banter with people if your feelings are easily offended? Especially on nairaland? So which one of these guys did igbos elect spokesman? Maybe you should advise me
And you're here pretending as if it's only igbos hauling insults. Why do you wish to insult my God given intelligence? How can I respect you as a man if you can't speak honestly?

Don't play dumb guy. My point was some people are so hell bent against igbo presidency as if the whole tribe progress depends on it. It doesn't

But to be fair to you, based on your last paragraph, I don't believe you're a tribalist. Some people have offended you obviously. But you'll be a liar to say it doesn't go both ways. That's why I insult the individual that says something stupid. But never the tribe.
Nobody here is an elected spokesman for their people

The truth is it's pass time for igbos n yorubas to stop their stupid bickering. But nobody is listening.
Abroad we all answer Nigerian period.

You’re right. It goes both way and both tribe are guilty of provoking the other.

However to be true to myself, I can boldly say some Igbos on here are the one that first made it a duty to link every political happenings to antagonize SW 2023 mission.

They always link every situation to Tinubu, try to blackmail him with words online in a bid to stop the glory of SW in 2023. What are you guys afraid of? Even if some Yorubas don’t love Tinubu, your utterances will bring the Yorubas sitting on the fence into the common fold because people will see that it’s not only Tinubu you hate but the progress of SW as a whole.

Like I said, I have nothing against Igbos becoming the president in 2023, but you gotta put a lot of work into it by pushing your own candidate and stop asking for the support of the SW I’m their majority. Start positioning Obi or Umahi and pushing them to project their name into the people mind to gain more nationwide fame.

You can’t try to blackmail the SW with the event that produced Obasanjo in 1999 as a means for leaving all their labor in APC and support an Igbo candidate. You guys should know that can never be possible in politics and it will be hard for APC to front an Igbo man.

However you are free to vote the North in PDP if you think your interest will be better protected with a northern candidate. That will give you the opportunity to take your pound of flesh from the SW and it is what they call politics.

But coming online everyday in blackmailing the SW into ceding the slot to you guys on a platter of gold will be a futile effort bro. Remeber the situation of Obasanjo in 1999 is totally different from the political situation coming up in 2023.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2019
...Continuinty in motion...just as what governance is all about...Rauf Aregbesola is a trusted confidant of Bola Ahmed Tinubu...
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by orisa37: 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2019
Aregbesola is a Yari-Fulani, a friend of Sheriff and Shettima, he made PDP. lose Ekiti and Ondo. and he is the chief agent of Islamisation and Fulanisation. YORUBA Obas must be careful with this Guy and prevent him from dashing LAGOS to the ARABS.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Ikinternational: 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
LegendHero:

You’re right. It goes both way and both tribe are guilty of provoking the other.

However to be true to myself, I can boldly say some Igbos on here are the one that first made it a duty to link every political happenings to antagonize SW 2023 mission.

They always link every situation to Tinubu, try to blackmail him with words online in a bid to stop the glory of SW in 2023. What are you guys afraid of? Even if some Yorubas don’t love Tinubu, your utterances will bring the Yorubas sitting on the fence into the common fold because people will see that it’s not only Tinubu you hate but the progress of SW as a whole.

Like I said, I have nothing against Igbos becoming the president in 2023, but you gotta put a lot of work into it by pushing your own candidate and stop asking for the support of the SW I’m their majority. Start positioning Obi or Umahi and pushing them to project their name into the people mind to gain more nationwide fame.

You can’t try to blackmail the SW with the event that produced Obasanjo in 1999 as a means for leaving all their labor in APC and support an Igbo candidate. You guys should know that can never be possible in politics and it will be hard for APC to front an Igbo man.

However you are free to vote the North in PDP if you think your interest will be better protected with a northern candidate. That will give you the opportunity to take your pound of flesh from the SW and it is what they call politics.

But coming online everyday in blackmailing the SW into ceding the slot to you guys on a platter of gold will be a futile effort bro. Remeber the situation of Obasanjo in 1999 is totally different from the political situation coming up in 2023.

It's always different when it's igbos turn.
God forbid they get their own "appeasement"
Earth will shatter. I'm sure of it
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by BlackfireX: 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
Yebosola:

Your head get oil pass oh

His head is completely empty
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by LegendHero(m): 7:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ikinternational:

It's always different when it's igbos turn.
God forbid they get their own "appeasement"
Earth will shatter. I'm sure of it

I don’t understand what you mean by this word.

However I want you to remember that the Igbos were the first one to betray the southern unity in terms of politics. They are reaping the seed they sowed over the years and the Yorubas are just paying you guys back in your own coin.

There is nothing like appeasement to the Yorubas. The issue of MKO is still fresh in our memory and he won a national election which the military guys annulled. The military gave back the democracy to the people and the Yorubas were deem fit to contest the slot since they already won an election.

Ekwueme wouldn’t have won the PDP primaries coz the North do not trust the Igbos that much and the northern delegate will always choose a military Obasanjo over Ekwueme any day. Forget the usual rhetorics that Ekwueme formed PDP which most of you guys use as your defense, he cannot defeat Obasanjo with the alliance OBJ had in the Jos 1998 convention.

The political solution for Igbo 2023 success is to either rally around a common Igbo candidate and solicit support from the north by signing a great agreement OR the Igbos should just cue behind the northerners as VP like they have always done.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Hands Over Apc Lagos To Aregbesola, Focuses On Ambition by Ikinternational: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
LegendHero:

I don’t understand what you mean by this word.

However I want you to remember that the Igbos were the first one to betray the southern unity in terms of politics. They are reaping the seed they sowed over the years and the Yorubas are just paying you guys back in your own coin.

There is nothing like appeasement to the Yorubas. The issue of MKO is still fresh in our memory and he won a national election which the military guys annulled. The military gave back the democracy to the people and the Yorubas were deem fit to contest the slot since they already won an election.

Ekwueme wouldn’t have won the PDP primaries coz the North do not trust the Igbos that much and the northern delegate will always choose a military Obasanjo over Ekwueme any day. Forget the usual rhetorics that Ekwueme formed PDP which most of you guys use as your defense, he cannot defeat Obasanjo with the alliance OBJ had in the Jos 1998 convention.

The political solution for Igbo 2023 success is to either rally around a common Igbo candidate and solicit support from the north by signing a great agreement OR the Igbos should just cue behind the northerners as VP like they have always done.

A thread that was posted here just two days ago was a yoruba politician discussing the "arrangement" that helped usher in Obasanjo's regime. An appeasement of yorubas if you wish.

Discussing Nigeria matter is cool. But after a while I realize I really don't give a fuvck and lose interest.
The place is hopeless. I don't care who governs it. And that reality hits you immediately you touch MMA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lists of Countries that are NOT afraid of USA / 2023: Crisis Brews As PDP Stakeholders Accuse NWC Members Of Sabotage / Mercy Johnson Hits Back At OBIDIENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.