Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? (1911 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / Guys This Curve Can Make You Change Your 'YES' To A 'NO' / Would You Change Your Religion To Please Your Spouse/partner?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by sessy2(f): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2010
This is a hard one.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Wumine(f): 2:10pm On Dec 02, 2010
maingate1:

love is not blind o

Maybe, but never underestimate the power of love. The crazy things we do for love
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by bababuff(m): 3:40pm On Dec 03, 2010
I did.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by pinkylady1(f): 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
my mom actually changed from being a muslim to a christain when she married my dad.

for me i can never change oh, too too risky[s][/s]
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2010
pinky lady:

my mom actually changed from being a muslim to a christain when she married my dad.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked interesting!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by pinkylady1(f): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^

really interestin i must say
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Godessa(f): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2010
Not for anyone or anything in this world would i change my Religion.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by zubeyr(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ pinky I hope rokiatu can learn from your mom in the future sad
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by pinkylady1(f): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
zubeyr:

why did u say dat?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by zubeyr(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2010
Ask rokiatu she has the answer lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by boomii(f): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2010
I can't change my religion for anything in the world.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by zubeyr(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ pinky so according to transitivity principle your should change your religion when you married a Muslim husband
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2010
zubeyr:

No need to learn bro, My husband will be the same religion as me. No one need to change.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by livedit(f): 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
NOPE! That is why I waited on God to send me someone equally yoked with me before I wed. Then you don't fall into catagories like this. God won't send you someone whom you not equally yoked. That's why courtmanship and dating is pertinent in the beginning. Then you get to know more about that person and if you two would be compatible. Because to me, religion, chemisty, maturity, being on the save wave length, goals and sexuality plays a VERY important role when choosing a mate. You feel me? Bottom line, no one or nothing will ever take me away from my Lord and Savior. I don't care who he or whatever it is. That's something I will never compromise about myself.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Wumine(f): 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2010
^^^
Amen to you o!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Coolabbie: 10:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
Dere is no way i wuld change my religion just 2 pls him cos my happiness also matter.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by red100(f): 1:14am On Dec 04, 2010
religion is not impotant to me but i wouldn't change it for anyone. the issue is which religion kids will have if hubby and wife have different religions.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by rainonyou(f): 10:04pm On Dec 04, 2010
Never ever!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Dsense(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2010
No . . .Can never change . . . .But might change her if she wants!
Murphy G:

I can never change too, I wldnt force her either. The only thing is I want to retrovert her back to islam. She was a muslim. Dont wanna rush it. Will just make her see reasons why its the right way. And if she refuses?? Well, i'll still go ahead and marry her (islam allows it anyway)

Yep . .Islam allows that . . .But u just need to take things easy with her as u know . . .
rokiatu:

No need to learn bro, My husband will be the same religion as me. No one need to change.
Means u can't date or marry except from ur religion?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 05, 2010
Never! This religion issue is the reason why i broke up with my ex and iy is yhe same reason why i am yet to settle down.
So after going through all this why then do otherwise.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by ismaeel86(m): 1:20am On Dec 05, 2010
Can't compromise my religion for any worldly thing, but i can marry someone from the other religion so far their is mutual understanding on each others faith. but on the other hand, am not sure am gonna marry someone from the opposite religion.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 05, 2010
Islam supports it if and only if the partner practices islam as a religion. What is the extent og going into a marriage the woman will later go back to her religion and then the children as well will follow their mum.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by zubeyr(m): 2:30am On Dec 05, 2010
Brother D sense since you and Rokiatu from same Religion Its  time to complete your half Deen in  Halal way  grin
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 05, 2010
D-sense:

know . . . Means u can't date or marry except from your religion?
Date yes marriage no.

zubeyr:

Brother D sense since you and Rokiatu from same Religion Its time to complete your half Deen in Halal way grin
Do you even know my religion? grin
Re: Would You Change Your Religion To Make Your Spouse Happy? by Battery1(m): 8:57am On Dec 05, 2010
I dnt even go to church sef so anygirl am gettin married to wil stop goin 2 her church automaticaly.
QED!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Count Your Babes - Ladies And Gent / Have I Committed Adultery? / Do I Report Madam To Oga?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.