Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,272 members, 7,881,034 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:15 AM

Could This Be The End Of Car Theft In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Could This Be The End Of Car Theft In Nigeria? (1093 Views)

The End Of Nairaland !!!! / What I Aim To Achieve At The End Of My 8 Weeks Zuri Internship Training / Become A Software Developer Before The End Of 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Could This Be The End Of Car Theft In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
We all know that car theft in Nigeria is a serious menace that really needs to be curbed, most especially in this festive season were every one wants to make it big and live large during the yuletide.
For this reason, Stolencars, a car theft reporting site, were users can easily report their stolen cars any where in Nigeria for free was developed to try check the incessant car theft occurrence in Nigeria, and save second hand car buyers the embarrassment and wahala from police, associated with buying stolen cars.

Here is how it works;
1. Register your stolen car on the platform.
2. Get searched by that car buyer who uses stolen cars to verify car theft status before purchase
3. Swiftly get notification by email when your car pops up.

There is also a VIN decode service to decode your car VIN for vehicle information.

Check it out!
Source: https://stolencars.herokuapp.com

1 Share

Re: Could This Be The End Of Car Theft In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 21, 2019
How does one prove that a car being reported has actually been stolen?

How do you as the developer verify this proof?

Lofty idea but I think you need to go back and rethink the entire way it should operate. Kudos
Re: Could This Be The End Of Car Theft In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
airsaylongcom:
How does one prove that a car being reported has actually been stolen?

How do you as the developer verify this proof?

Lofty idea but I think you need to go back and rethink the entire way it should operate. Kudos
Thank you very much for the feedback. Currently there is indeed no way to verify if the car been reported is truly stolen. although we do not carry out any form of investigation, i do align with you that there should be a way to actually verify this claim. In the next update, we will look into putting medium in place to allow the user provide a link to a publication declaring the car stolen, or upload a report from a law enforcement agency, backing this claim before the report can approved.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build An App In Nigeria / Javascript Resource!!! / C Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.