Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,513 members, 7,917,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:13 AM

Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment (616 Views)

Trump Mocks Biden For The 14th Row Seat At The Queen's Funeral / Trump Mocks Senator Mitt Romney For Marching With Black Lives Matter Protesters / "You Have A Serious Weight Problem" — Trump Mocks Man At His Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2019
BATTLE CREEK – During his Merry Christmas rally at Kellogg Arena on Wednesday, President Donald Trump singled out U.S. Rep. Debbie Dingell, D-Dearborn, after she voted for impeachment.

"You have Dingell from Michigan, have you ever heard of her?" Trump said to his charged-up crowd of supporters. "Debbie Dingell, that’s a real beauty."

Trump was upset because he said that he gave her the "A-plus treatment, not the B treatment or the C treatment" after her husband, longtime U.S. Rep. John Dingell, D-Dearborn, died in February. He called for flags to be lowered and said he offered up the Capitol Rotunda for his memorial.

Trump's day: Impeachment in D.C.; 'Four more Years' in Battle Creek

Michigan delegation: Most vote to impeach Trump as he rallies in Battle Creek

Trump seemed to say the word “Rotunda,” as if he had something to do with John Dingell’s lying in state at the U.S. Capitol. But Dingell didn’t lie in state before a funeral in Washington and his burial at Arlington National Cemetery and, even if he had, control of the Rotunda belongs to the Congress, not to the president.

"She called me up and said it was the nicest thing and John would have been so pleased," Trump said, adding that Dingell said John would be happily looking down from heaven at the ceremony.

"Maybe he's looking up," Trump said, intimating that Dingell ended up in hell, instead. "I don't know. Let's assume he's looking down."

The crowd cheered the insult.

Debbie Dingell responded to the comment via twitter Wednesday night: "Mr. President, let’s set politics aside. My husband earned all his accolades after a lifetime of service. I’m preparing for the first holiday season without the man I love. You brought me down in a way you can never imagine and your hurtful words just made my healing much harder."

John Dingell was one of the longest-serving members of Congress, serving from 1955 until his retirement in 2015.

After Trump's comment, someone resurrected a 2017 tweet from John Dingell: "I signed up to fight Nazis 73 years ago and I'll do it again if I have to. Hatred, bigotry, & fascism should have no place in this country."

Mr. President, let’s set politics aside. My husband earned all his accolades after a lifetime of service. I’m preparing for the first holiday season without the man I love. You brought me down in a way you can never imagine and your hurtful words just made my healing much harder.

— Rep. Debbie Dingell (@RepDebDingell) December 19, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ciotnQt0RA

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/18/donald-trump-bashes-debbie-dingell-john-dingell-battle-creek-rally/2694887001/

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, mukina2
Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
Trump made fun of a widow last night at his Rally in Battle Creek, MI. The woman was Rep Debbie Dingell who lost her husband last year. He was a loved and respected Congressman. Trump mocks his death implying he may be looking up from Hell. Then pretend cries acting like he’s Debbie

John Dingell, the longest sitting Senator, smeared repugnantly by *Trump AGAIN last night.

John Dingell was A congressional page at 16,
joined the military at 18,
served in WW2.
He is considered a giant in legislation for clean water and animal/land preservation.
He swiftly Voted yea for the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
He is decorated and worth the respect of every sitting president,
he has served with 11 past presidents.
Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
His action has caused a few Republican Legistlatives to be very upset with Trump

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2019
The widow of late congressman Dingell reacts

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2019
The transcript of what Trump said as he mocks them

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by dawnomike(m): 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
This man sha likes wahala

2 Likes

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Flexherbal(m): 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
Following...
Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Aidejay(m): 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
Trump needs to calm down on the assult no need for all this
I can imagine how CNN will report this...
Lesson: wetin person open mouth talk for your front e fit no be their main mind be that. Beware
Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
Trump right now is like a bull in a china shop. He does not care if he gets Republicans to hate him at this point. He feels America and Americans are his employees and he can say whatever he wants to anyone anytime and anyhow.

Michigan happens to be a very strong Republican state but he has just ripped the Republicans in half and broke their hearts with this crass behaviour from him and very nasty attitude toward a well respected WW11 veteran and former congressman like Dingell

1 Like

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2019
Reactions flood in from Michigan regarding trumps disrespect with some Republican Representatives promising Trump that they would make sure he loses Michigan which incidentally is a Key Republican state

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
More

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
more reactions

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
Again

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
Even more reactions

Re: Trump Mocks Most Celebrated Late US Congressman And His Wife After Impeachment by Blindersoff: 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2019
More talk

(1) (Reply)

Cameroon Separatists Dismiss 'anglophone Special Status', Insist On Independence / Chad President Led The Attack Against Boko Haram (photos) / Chinese In Guinea To Be Deported Should Anything Happen To Guineans-guinea Offic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.