Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,944 members, 7,927,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:51 PM

Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah (1597 Views)

Francis Ogbonnaya Otunta Dies In A Car Accident (Photos) / Francis Otunta Accused Of impregnating Girlfriend & Graduating Her In 3rd Year / Exposed: How Prof. F. O Otunta, Mouau V.c Tried To Rape Me - Prof Patricia Mbah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by Guzel: 1:38am On Dec 20, 2019
Exposed: How Prof. Francis Otunta, MOUAU Vice Chancellor Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salaries – Prof. Mrs. Patricia Mbah.

Prof Mrs Patricia Etuna Mbah, an internationally certified (IPHE) Home Economist has decried sexual harassment and stoppage of her salary by Prof. Francis Otunta the vice chancellor of Michael Okpara University Umudike.
Narrating her ordeal, Prof Mbah said that the vice chancellor stopped her salary since April 2019 because she refused to yield to his sexual advances and had made good his threats of making her stay in the University hell if she continues to reject his advances by stopping her salaries.

The professor of home economics stated that it all started shortly after Prof. Francis O. Otunta was made the Vice Chancellor, having served as one of the panelist that interviewed and certified him as being qualified. Upon assumption of office, Prof. Otunta proposed my name as the Deputy Vice Chancellor and when that could not workout he approached me and requested that we became lovers, a request I politely turned down and told him that I am a married woman, a grandmother and devoted Christian.

I had expected a man of that status to respect my decision having politely rejected his amorous advances, but he had gone ahead to intimidate, harass and afflict me with all manners of wickedness and at various times had tried to force me into sleeping with him.

In one occasion Prof. Otunta invited me to his office pulled down his trousers and tried to force himself on me right inside the office, I resisted and push him down, opened the door and ran away.

A similar incident also happened when I came back from the hospital after my treatment and discovered that my salary had been stopped despite obtaining all the necessary approvals from my HOD and other relevant authorities with documentary evidence to be away on medical vacation. when I came back I was told that the VC had ordered that my salary should be stopped, I went to his office to find out why, he delayed me from 10 am till about 5:30pm in the evening and when everybody had left, he proceeded to make sexual moves towards me right inside his office and I had to ask him if he was human to have contemplated having sex with a woman in my medical condition. He said he doesn’t care that all he wants is to have me and that he must achieve it or I should be ready to receive more punishment from him. With tears in my eyes I turned the door keys open and ran out of his office, He had also invited me to different hotels which I turned down. On one of the occasions I had to go with my husband and on seeing my husband he was visibly angry.

He had at various times threatened my life, a case in point was when his orderly Mr. Progress Ibor, made telephone calls to me warning me of immediate danger and likely death, if I do not leave the University. I had to report to the former commissioner of police Abia State, Mr. Adeleye Oyebade who investigated the matter and made him sign an undertaking that should anything happen to me he will be held responsible
Since then Prof. Otunta had gone ahead to live up to his promise of making life miserable for me in the university.

Beyond stopping my salaries, he had also gone ahead to remove me as Head of Department, forced me to resign as chairman of exams and time table committee. As if that was not enough he went ahead to demote me from being a Professor to an Associate Professor, all these for the simple reason that I refused to yield to his sexual advances.

All my efforts to make the university council to resolve my issue with Prof. Otunta failed, I have also petitioned the honourable minister of Education Hon. Emeka Nwajiuba who looked into the matter and ordered Prof. Otunta to pay my salaries only for him to also decline and rather chose to pay me half of my due entitlement against the ministers directive.
When the News Gazette Online contacted Prof. Francis Otunta the Vice Chancellor of Michael Okpara University over the allegations of Sexual Harassment and illegal seizure of salaries, he denied that nothing of that nature happened between him and Prof. Patricia Mbah and gave no reasons why her salaries are being withheld or was unable to defend why Prof. Mbah is being punished.

However a member of the governing council of the school who spoke to The News Gazette Online on condition of anonymity informed us that the V.C had compromised the council chairman Rt. Hon. Lawal Zayyana Muhammed and the council can no longer caution or even correct the Vice Chancellors wrong policies or actions. He lamented that Prof. Otunta is now running the school as a “Sole Administrator” and had ran the school down, he stated that it is unfortunate that he has bought over the conscience of the chairman of the governing board of the school and that was why the board cannot call Prof. Otunta to order on the matter of sexual harassment and seizure of salaries against Prof. Mbah.

He also revealed that there are several other complaints of sexual harassment,intimidation and seizure of salaries against some female staff of the university by Prof. Otunta which had been reported to the university council but the board chairman having been so heavily compromised had refused to allow them treat the matter with the seriousness it deserves.

Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by IamShiningStar(f): 1:59am On Dec 20, 2019
Hmm, shaking serious table.
Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by Bluntguy: 2:52am On Dec 20, 2019
Hmmmm, impunity everywhere. Should this one be a president tomorrow, his female appointees will be beauty and waists instead of beauty and brains.

1 Like

Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by chinwezdasilva: 5:55am On Dec 20, 2019
Thought he's a pastor? Las Las I go jail all for Nigeria
Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by GOFRONT(m): 6:07am On Dec 20, 2019
Puna is sweet but not that of a Married grandmother....Haba Prof!!!

S*x is sweet but it has fell d hands of greatest of men from time immemorial......

Professor Frank's Pendulum is just about to lead him into hot peppersoup.
Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by Guzel: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2019
It was rumoured sometime ago that he got a student pregnant and took her abroad to conceal it.
He had a bad record at uni Ben where he taught mathematics and poly Enugu where he was the rector before he came to umudike.
So I’m not surprise
Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by Guzel: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2019
This is one of the reasons some lecturers “sneaked in” to enroll for IPPIS. The impunity of school management towards staff is much. With IPPIS, all these impurities will go and staff will come forward to expose irregularities and corruption in our higher institutions.
Imagine the fate of non teaching staff if a professor of her standing could be victimized this way.
Re: Prof Otunta, MOUAU VC Tried To Rape Me, Seized My Salary.. Prof Patricia Mbah by EBSAINT: 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2019
*PATRICIA MBAH: TALES FROM A DROWNING WOMAN*

Facts are sacred. Comments are free. Propaganda has a short life span. Lies soon evaporate. But truth is immutable. Like pregnancy it can never be hidden. And it is only truth that heals the conscience. But because the conscience of Dr (Mrs) Patricia Mbah of Home Economics Department, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike is dead, she no longer can decipher between truth and lies or even between right and wrong.

If she had any modicum of conscience, she would not have resorted to authorising the defamatory statement against the Vice Chancellor of MOUAU, Prof Francis Otunta. If Patricia had shame left, given the ignominious role she and her lover and partner-in-crime Prof Hilary Edeoga played at MOUAU, she would have long resigned from the University. But because she is a benefit of shame; because she has lost respect even among her colleagues in the Department, Patricia Mbah wants to re-invent her sagging image by falsely accusing Prof Otunta of sexually harassing her. Since she claimed to be an internationally recognized scholar, I wonder why she didn’t raise a petition to the Hon Minister of Education, accompanied by solid evidence, against Prof Otunta instead of resorting to social media trial and character assassination.

But because Patricia Mbah, a serial liar, adulteress and certified criminal, has no evidence of sexual harassment, she went berserk on social media with the sole agenda of assassinating the character of a first class scholar and astute administrator. Her game plan back-fired, hence her crocodile tears of lamenting the stoppage of her salary and demotion to Associate Professor. As a high-ranking member of the Edeoga’s gang that raped MOUAU to a state of coma, Patricia Mbah had dreamt of continuity with Prof Otunta as their puppet. When Edeoga attempted to foist her as Deputy Vice Chancellor under Otunta, and her stunted academic records and blemished character sold her short, Prof Otunta naturally became a victim, when her incompetence could not earn her the respect of even a cleaner in her Department and they revolted against her, Prof Otunta became the scape goat. And when almost the entire University rose against the “CHINA PROFESSORS” and the Governing Council approved their demotion, who else to blame but Prof Otunta? But it is convenient for Patricia Mbah to accuse Prof Otunta of attempted rape. It is also most convenient for her to hide the real reasons why she was demoted and why her salary was stopped. Courting public sympathy and acting like the victim will NEVER erase the truth why MOUAU’s disciplinary hammer fell on her.

Accusing Prof Otunta of attempted rape will not obliterate the facts that Patricia Mbah is guilty of gross misconduct and therefore ought to have been dismissed from service with ignominy.
Fact number one is that Patricia Mbah was ab initio not qualified to have been made a Professor, one of her colleagues, Prof Georgina Anozie who was already an Associate Professor when Patricia Mbah was a Senior Lecturer can corroborate this fact. Suddenly, Mbah was catapulted to the rank of a Professor. The only qualification she had was that of sleeping with Edeoga. So much for a married woman and grandmother. Two panels reviewed her case and those of other “China” professors and duly indicted them. The Governing Council ratified their demotion. It was not the making of Prof Otunta. His only offense is that he tried to uphold the academic standard of MOUAU which Edeoga and his girlfriend Mbah bastardized.

Fact number two is that Mbah extorted money from a Post Graduate Student, Ukachukwu Nnenna with registration number 17/6582. She was investigated and found guilty. Many other students are coming forward with their horrific experiences in the hands of Mbah. No wonder she could afford a Mansion at LODU NDUME Extension and four exotic cars. Can she tell the world how she could afford such a flamboyant life style in her salary?

She is also in Police and INEC wanted list for election fraud in Abia North during 2019 General Election.

Finally, fact number three is that she travelled out of the country without official permission as required by the extant law governing the conditions of service of staff. Whereas she lied that she had a sudden medical emergency. It was discovered that she went frolicking with Edeoga in Dubai. Her international passport and other documents will authenticate this fact. But because she thought it was still Edeoga’s time, when she used to abscond from duties at her pleasure, she didn’t know that the time has changed. If indeed she was sick, what stopped her from getting the medical report first from the staff clinic and finally the hospital that treated her in Nigeria? She simply thought she was unstoppable. Waving the flag of sexual harassment cannot save her from being punished according to the laws of the University. This same person who is crying refused to appear before a panel set by the University to try her matter. The Prof S.O Uremadu panel would have afforded her the opportunity to prove her innocence. But she refused to appear because she knew she was guilty. Instead she sought to drag the Hon Minister of State for Education, Dr Emeka Nwajiuba into her mess. Dropping of names won’t actually save her. Only truth can.

Her pathetic and lame attempt to blackmail the Council Chairman, Rt. Hon Zayyana Muhammed cannot fly because the man already had seen through her. The Council Chairman, who has been an Acting Governor, Speaker of House of Assembly and Commissioner among other top positions, cannot be swayed by cheap and unsubstantiated lies. He cannot also be compromised by the Vice Chancellor because he has seen it all. Patricia Mbah of all people know that Mohammed is a man of integrity. After all, the “China” Professors attempted to bribe him with millions of naira to save them. The Sokoto Prince simply stood by the truth.

Again anybody who reads through the charade called allegations by Mbah against Prof Otunta will wonder whether her so called medical condition does not include insanity. How ridiculous to infer that Prof Otunta zipped down his trousers because a grandmother stood before him? Is he a sex starved teenager? And in the office where everybody knows that his office is never locked? Haba! Come to think of it, why did Mbah not gather an evidence, or may be lure him to “one of those hotels” to entrap him? The truth is that all these lies are just the figurant of imagination of a frustrated, arrogant and self-conceited fool who has been out down to size. Mbah should submit her phone to security agencies for checks concerning the so called amorous advances by Prof Otunta.
Anybody who believes those concoctions of lies by Mbah could believe anything. Prof Otunta can never be distracted by such allegations from a woman who is deficit in honour. She is merely chasing shadows.

(1) (Reply)

Tech Guy Sponsored By Don Jazzy Called Out For Luring Women For Sex / Guru's In The House,, Help Me With This. / Futa/oau Pre-degree Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.