Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,858 members, 7,909,219 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:08 PM

How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) (50684 Views)

Sanlam Takes Full Ownership Of FBN Insurance In Nigeria / See What Wema Bank Did To Support Their Customers / How First Bank Did not pay us for designing their125th Anniversary Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
If you have worked with big firms, you would know no deal takes place without the legal department.
Especially in a case that deals with the Logo which can be classified as Intellectual Property.
My Advice:
Issues like this are pre-contract issues. However if no agreement was made, go see the legal department, terms of IP transfer would be negotiated and either a one time payment or recurrent payment (as agreed on) would be made.
This campaign here would not solve anything.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Niseed(m): 2:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
I feel the OP is not being open with the details being asked. You simply cannot bring a case to the public court and not provide all the relevant information.

Are you saying your business will crash because you didn't get paid for one logo?

How much exactly is First Bank Owing you for this work? How much did you invoice them before commencing the work. Why didn't you get a lawyer to write to them as soon as they used your logo when you hadn't transferred ownership and rights?

It doesn't look like you want to resolve this matter but rather continue this campaign so they can shut you up with big bucks. I guess you want to bill them N100million for the said logo and hit your payday.

Someone rightfully said that you will find it difficult to work with other brands because you clearly don't want to resolve any conflict privately or even visit the very bank that owes you to hear them out or come to an amicable solution. I've also worked in the creative sector and worked on different logos for big brands and this has never happened.

I Wish you all the best and hope you get true justice, doing business in Nigeria is not an easy task.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
damola1:
What most people don’t realize is that. A bank like first bank runs a fraudulent system that makes money from dead people money.

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Posaze5(f): 10:11am On Mar 13, 2020
SalamRushdie:
So this woman called Ani Mumuney hasnt stopped all this hanky panky behaviour , that's how she mad us waste resources in developing a third party business model for her department and after draining us intellectually and financially she took the finished model and handed it over to another firm and even gave the 500 thousand US dollars to implement the idea whereas my firm would have don the implementation for absolutely free whilst recovering our investments from sale of the solution to third parties but this woman and her cartel backstabbed us and handed my 100% original creation to another company where she obviously had interest ..But God being on my side they company failed to deliver and the project now moribound while I have made a ton of money deploying the solution with 3 other Banks who supported us and didn't back stab us ..

All these fake stories just to drive your agenda, both you and the xtreme whatever are in the same camp... this whole thread, there is no proof of creation, how can one. Take a screenshot of a brand's materials and expects everyone to automatically believe they created it
.. if you really have a case, use the right channels
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Posaze5(f): 10:13am On Mar 13, 2020
xtremecr8:
FBN IP INFRINGEMENT
An interview of IP INFRINGEMENT
Big brands don't kill small brands, they nurture them.@firstbanknigeria breached our intellectual property rights and want to get away with it.

@firstbanknigeria claimed our design was nothing, yet it became the touch point for the milestone event

watch the video.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8efKBsF27l/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Can you attach a proof of creation? Since you have brought it to nairaland for us to judge
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by smoothknight: 10:35am On Mar 13, 2020
First Bank and The Ani Mumuney lady should sue you for defamation, you have no evidence and you are writing thrash, how is anyone to believe all this, anyone can claim to make this
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by TheGbemisola: 10:38am On Mar 13, 2020
If this is how you resolve issues as a vendor, I think you are the one killing your own brand, no sane person would believe this made up blackmail, when there is no single proog
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Martial2: 10:57am On Mar 13, 2020
xtremecr8:
Thank you for giving us your time(reply from FBN below).

The video showing our real faces and contacts are below.
We are not anonymous and the FIRST Bank official we mentioned in the video,Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney , is still alive and working in FBN yet we are struggling to pay our own bills.

Please follow our campaign on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/xtremecr8?lang=en

Who we are:
We are xtremecr8tivity.An indigenous small sized Nigerian company.

What we do:

Our True Passion.We are experts in creativity, our true passion lies in using the brightest ideas to strategically connect brands.

Our Plea:
That first bank pays us our bill for creating their 125th Anniversary logo. We are a small brand, don't have the deep pocket financial resources for court cases that takes so much money and years to conclude. After they pay us for this job, we will think twice before creating IP works for First Bank.

Our Campaign:
We beg and solicit for your support to help us beg the big brand First Bank to pay us. We call first bank out over its insistence not to pay us for their 125th Anniversary logo we designed.
@First Bank breached our Intellectual property rights and wants to get away with it. 

Using a 125 years anniversary logo we designed and refusing to pay us is not the best way to celebrate.

Background is explained in the video and newspaper report below:

We worked hard to create the logo and when it was time to pay us, instead of paying us or referring us to accounts unit to discuss our bill, they refered us to their legal unit.Yes, we know we don't have money for 15 years case. We are small brand.And we hope other small brands will learn from our experience with big brand First Bank.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8efKBsF27l/?igshid=1092xtnvmcfpm

https://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/firm-calls-first-bank-out-over-alleged-ip-infringement-demands-n125m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPpfv4FUMU

BIG BRANDS SHOULD NURTURE SMALL BRANDS NOT KILL THEM.
This is obviously a blackmail, no concrete evidence on the video, evidence of logo with no proof of work. First time I am seeing a vendor complain of something like this against first bank. Why is yours different?
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 11:17am On Mar 13, 2020
No amount of trolls including Jide Aboderin who work with Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney,sent after us will kill the truth.We will remain resolute until we get justice.
Like Uthman Dan Fodio said "conscience is an open wound, only truth can heal it"

If First Bank is owing you salaries for this long we are owed for creating their 125th Anniversary logo, you won't serve as trolls for First Bank. Certainly, you will be served the same tea in life the bitter tea we got served by Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney and First Bank.

We laboured very hard to create that logo and have not been paid. The attempt to decieve themselves that printing few iPad covers our bill for creating their 125th Anniversary logo is ungodly and pure treachery.
We deserve to get paid for designing the logo and we call on people with good conscience in this land wade in and beg FIRST bank to pay us for designing their 125th Year anniversary logo.
We won't stop demanding for our payment even if millions of trolls are paid and sent after us to bully us online.

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Ghostpr(m): 11:23am On Mar 13, 2020
Nawa o! no Photoshop, no coreldraw evidence or any evidence of when the logo was created, they just came up to make claims on anything to get famous. Where is the invoice you presented that wasn't paid?

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 11:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Tbillz:
highly unprofessional set of firm. Seeing this here again makes me believe this company is very desperate. Something is unique in all the platforms I saw it on, anyone asks for proof, he keeps quiet, no one with a clear mind and insight will support this blindly besides there are other ways to handle this, but why Social media? Pathetic
Dear Mr Tbillz, thank you for trolling us sir just like Mr Jide Aboderin and countless other trolls bullying us online for demanding payment for our hardwork. For the sake of many small brands out there and justice to small brands like us, we will continue on our campaign to get paid for creating the FBN125th Anniversary logo.
We won't be distracted. Please tell them and ask them a very simple moral and ethical question:

Did First Bank pay xtremecr8 for designing the logo before going ahead to use it and still using it?

Is it right not to pay us and still send trolls after us online?
What have we done to First Bank and Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney to deserve this kind of ill treatment from them?
Is this done anywhere in the world?
Big brands don't kill small brands, they nurture them sir.
Be careful when you support this kind of injustice FIRST Bank has done to us because they pay your billz so you won't reap the kind of injustice done to us by first bank.

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by TimiIronside: 11:57am On Mar 13, 2020
Even as professional content creator, u don't have a way of providing hard evidence to prove your property was stolen, I am highly disappointed on this post. People will do anything to get famous though. Very unprofessional.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by slimdammiee(f): 12:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
All these amount of money and you end up responding with no hard evidence. Even with name calling, so unprofessional. Instead of advising them to go and use the necessary legal way. I am very all these are lies. The way You quickly jumped into conclusion without asking for some necessary details speaks a volume of unprofessionalism.

SalamRushdie:
So this woman called Ani Mumuney hasnt stopped all this hanky panky behaviour , that's how she mad us waste resources in developing a third party business model for her department and after draining us intellectually and financially she took the finished model and handed it over to another firm and even gave the 500 thousand US dollars to implement the idea whereas my firm would have don the implementation for absolutely free whilst recovering our investments from sale of the solution to third parties but this woman and her cartel backstabbed us and handed my 100% original creation to another company where she obviously had interest ..But God being on my side they company failed to deliver and the project now moribound while I have made a ton of money deploying the solution with 3 other Banks who supported us and didn't back stab us ..
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Goodlife69: 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
Unbelievable, are you making another case on baseless facts? All these long response just to speak bad about a corporate body but with no hard evidence..I am disappointed in these kind of people we have in our generation. See as e dey call money as if to say we are all foolish

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by OWOJELA: 1:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 2:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
First Bank is still using the logo we created for them for their 125th Anniversary and yet to pay us.
Below is a press release on their letter head just released this afternoon.
This is exactly what we have been pleading about. Things can't continue like this in this land.
We worked hard to create that logo and have not been paid a dime.
Big brand,first bank wants to kill a small brand like us by using our intellectual property and not paying us a dime.
We call on men and women of conscience in this land to wade in and tell big brand First Bank to pay us. EFCC should please come to our aid. A labourer is worthy of his wages so says the Holy Book.
They are cheating us and want to get away with it

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by smoothknight: 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
But wait o why not make it obvious..... this is very shady. And this is isn’t genuine either undecided lipsrsealed
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by koladata(m): 2:51pm On Mar 13, 2020
have they made any move ? have they seen it . i pray they pay ontime . i'm thinking you should sue them
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by OWOJELA: 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by OWOJELA: 3:30pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by OWOJELA: 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by slimdammiee(f): 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2020
After all said, what do you stand to gain? Y'all are obviously unprofessional. Your claims have no proof, get busy with something meaningful and quit spreading false news.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by slimdammiee(f): 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
You will rather conclude on one side Story instead of verifying if the story is true or not. I hope every reasonable person seeing this will disregard your fake news. Get a life, no good thing will come out of this act
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
OWOJELA:

Exactly, if they have a good evidence to argue with, they should the normal legal system which is the professional and appropriate way to handle this.

Dear Mr OWOJELA, thank you for trolling us sir. They can't pay us but can send trolls after us.
There is no peace to the unjust.
Folake Ani-Mumuney and FBN didn't say anything about evidence, what they thought will work was that they had given us job to print IPad covers and so we should not be paid for our hardwork designing their 125th Year anniversary logo. You will reap what you sow in life sir.

We are not the bully,we are the victim,so please tell your sponsors to provide proof that they paid us and why we should not be paid for our hardwork.

Big brands don't kill small brands.
Our claim has a face,name,contact,hard-core proofs to our campaign and our plea to well meaning Nigerians to prevail on FBN to pay us is legitimate.
We don't want to proof anything, all we want to do is get paid for our hardwork.
Until the big masquerade FBN and Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney remove the masks, we will not bother to go into the technicality on the social media.
We are not on a smear campaign but an appeal to people with conscience in this land to wade in.
No amount of trolls will stop us. We will keep our campaign within decency and not send trolls or influencers after Firstbank even though we have been advised to do so.
We believe that those founders of FBN didn't build the brand by cheating and killing small brands. It is out of respect for that that we will keep our campaign to respect their legacy. The current managemant at firstbank is behind this attempt to muscle us out and kills us as small brand by not paying us for designing their 125th Year anniversary logo

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
SalamRushdie:
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by TheGbemisola: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
You guys are Making all of this Up just in the name of clout? This is the most unprofessional thing i have ever seen. You guys are no different from thieves
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Leomyke4(m): 4:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
sorry
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Martial2: 4:52pm On Mar 13, 2020
xtremecr8:
Thank you for giving us your time(reply from FBN below).

The video showing our real faces and contacts are below.
We are not anonymous and the FIRST Bank official we mentioned in the video,Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney , is still alive and working in FBN yet we are struggling to pay our own bills.

Please follow our campaign on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/xtremecr8?lang=en

Who we are:
We are xtremecr8tivity.An indigenous small sized Nigerian company.

What we do:

Our True Passion.We are experts in creativity, our true passion lies in using the brightest ideas to strategically connect brands.

Our Plea:
That first bank pays us our bill for creating their 125th Anniversary logo. We are a small brand, don't have the deep pocket financial resources for court cases that takes so much money and years to conclude. After they pay us for this job, we will think twice before creating IP works for First Bank.

Our Campaign:
We beg and solicit for your support to help us beg the big brand First Bank to pay us. We call first bank out over its insistence not to pay us for their 125th Anniversary logo we designed.
@First Bank breached our Intellectual property rights and wants to get away with it. 

Using a 125 years anniversary logo we designed and refusing to pay us is not the best way to celebrate.

Background is explained in the video and newspaper report below:

We worked hard to create the logo and when it was time to pay us, instead of paying us or referring us to accounts unit to discuss our bill, they refered us to their legal unit.Yes, we know we don't have money for 15 years case. We are small brand.And we hope other small brands will learn from our experience with big brand First Bank.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B8efKBsF27l/?igshid=1092xtnvmcfpm

https://nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/firm-calls-first-bank-out-over-alleged-ip-infringement-demands-n125m/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPpfv4FUMU

BIG BRANDS SHOULD NURTURE SMALL BRANDS NOT KILL THEM.
So you mean you are doing this all in the name of attention? Clout is a really bad thing. How can you claim to have proof to a false news

2 Likes

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Goodlife69: 5:25pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nothing else to call this post but a bad one. It is very good to do proper findings before fabricating all these lies, so unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by Goodlife69: 5:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
You are all bunch of thieves trying to reap where you didn't sow, trying to spoil another person's image just to better yours.
Re: How First Bank Did not pay us for designing 125th Year Logo(read FBN's reply) by xtremecr8: 5:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Like we have repeatedly maintained, we will keep our campaign within decency and will not sponsor trolls or pay influencers have adviced. We are Christians in business and believe we have a God of justice on our side.
We gave our best to First Bank to create that logo and deserve to be paid. Paying trolls to bully us online or distract us will not deter us.
The trolls are from the same people and if by their profile, if they are not promoting sales of large social media accounts on Instagram and So, they strangely almost all opened their account on nairaland on same day of 06 February 2020 just about same time we started our campaign begging men and women of conscience in this land to wade in and help us beg the powers that be like Mrs Folake Ani-Mumuney at Firstbank to pay us.
We have the evidence that those trolling and attacking us has a relationship and some actually work at First Bank like Jide Aboderin.
They are bullying us even after denying us of our legitimate pay after designing their 125th Year anniversary logo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

BET IN Dollars, Use Bet365 / Floating Naira: Importers Abandon Tokunbo Cars At Seaport / 6 Things That Are Better Bought As Second Hand To Maintain Good Savings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.