Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,895 members, 7,976,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:14 AM

What Lies Ahead Following Arteta's Appointment? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Lies Ahead Following Arteta's Appointment? (290 Views)

Amokachi: Pure Lies, Pinnick Still Desperate To Become NFF Boss Again / What Lies Ahead Of Cristiano Ronaldo / Arsenal Set To Appoint Mikel Arteta As New Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Lies Ahead Following Arteta's Appointment? by BlitzNG(m): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2019
Premier league giant, Arsenal football club, has appointed their ex-captain Mikel Arteta as the club's new manager following their recent poor run of form since the departure of Arsene Wenger.

The appointment by the London club who currently sit 10th on the log ahead their trip to Everton on Saturday, is hoped to end the turbulent few weeks for Arsenal, who have won just one game under Ljungberg, and the hierarchy will hope Arteta’s arrival will halt a slide which has seen them fall just seven points above the relegation zone. 

Mikel Arteta, 37, who signed a 4-year contract will be unveiledat a press conference at Emirates Stadium on Friday afternoon.

Having spent 5 years with the Gunners as a player, he won two FA Cups before retiring and making the move into coaching. His journey into football club management saw him serve as an assistant under Pep Guardiola at Manchester City between 2016 and 2019.

"This is a huge honour. Arsenal is one of the biggest clubs in the world. We need to be competing for the top trophies in the game and that’s been made very clear to me in my discussions with Stan and Josh Kroenke, and the senior people from the club," Arteta told the club's official website.

"We all know there is a lot of work to be done to achieve that but I am confident we’ll do it. I’m realistic enough to know it won’t happen overnight but the current squad has plenty of talent and there is a great pipeline of young players coming through from the academy."

Fan's major expectations from Arteta's appointment.

Football experts and lovers all over the world are of high expectations to see Arsenal get back into winning ways in the premier league as the new manager is expected to encourage and field the likes of Mezut Ozil while Laccazette is expected to be seen in the starting line up.

The youth football system at Arsenal is not to be neglected as the younger lads will be seen often playing alongside the more experienced players. However, the need to build the porous midfield, vulnerable defense and uninformed attack is sacrosanct to becoming a success on the managerial seat and competing with the top 6 in the league.

Meanwhile, Arteta is expected to make major signings in the January transfer window to solidify the team for the second half of the season in a bid to achieve the all important champions league qualification as well as reaching the FA cup and Europe league finals.

Arteta will travel up to Liverpool later this evening to join up with the Arsenal squad ahead of Saturday’s game against Everton at Goodison Park.

The former Citizen's assistant manager who travels to Liverpool today to join the team ahead of the game against Everton, will watch the match from the stands, with Freddie Ljungberg - who has been filling in as interim boss since Emery was dismissed - in charge for the final time.

Speaking about the appointment, Gunners director Josh Kroenke said: "We’re delighted to be bringing Mikel back to Arsenal. He knows our expectations and those of our fans around the world are high and we are confident he can play a lead role in taking the club back to the levels we all demand.

"I also want to thank Freddie Ljungberg for skilfully guiding us through the last three weeks. He stepped up at short notice and has helped us through this difficult period with great professionalism."

Head of football Raul Sanllehi added: "We met several top-class candidates and Mikel stood out to every single one of us as the perfect person for us.

"Mikel understands Arsenal Football Club and what it means to our fans around the world. We look forward to him getting down to work and bringing the best out of our squad as we work to get our season back on track.

"I must also pay tribute to Freddie Ljungberg for his hard work and leadership. Together with Per Mertesacker, he has done a vital job for us in difficult circumstances. Freddie and Per are important parts of the Arsenal family and care deeply for this club."

Read more on...
https://blitznewsng./2019/12/20/what-lies-ahead-following-artetas-appointment/

Re: What Lies Ahead Following Arteta's Appointment? by Dikegodspower(m): 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
Arsenal=draw soup. Arteta can't change it for now.

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Forward ‘luis Suarez’ Renews Wedding Vows, With Messi On Guest List / 'I Would Say Yes Every Day Of My Life' - Suarez Wife's Love Message To Him / How Liverpool Dominates Other Clubs In English Premiership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.