Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,568 members, 7,888,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 04:14 PM

Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate (5670 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper / Buhari Rejected Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by SmashingM(f): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
Stop dreaming poster. The woman has got too much class to associate with Atiku.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Ibime(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2010
You guys are forgetting that Iweala only came under pressure for going to London to state that Atiku will continue OBJ's developmental policies. That's why OBJ got peeved with her.

It is not beyond the realms of possibility for Iweala to agree to work with Atiku.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by orgasm(m): 2:16pm On Nov 30, 2010
In his wildest dreams. If he must know iweala is far smarter than soludo who compromises values and integrity for political gains. But going by d fact dat naija(Dora sorry o) is a place anything can happen,i will b heartbroken and disappointed if she condescends to run under Atiku who is being investigated for corrupt practices by the US
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by bisiaet: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
Error no.2. If that ia what Atiku want to do he must be mad what business does this woman need to do with politics of Atiku kind? or on what hell did this woman connected to Atiku? Beside this woman is a woman of integrity sorry to say Atiku kind is not the right for a person of this woman to say yes I will be your runing mate. I said it over and over again let Atiku look elswhere for his runing mate and NOT the East. Let him F U C K I N G L Y stay off the East we no longer need sugar coated offer again.

Afterall he was choosing by the North and not the East so same people can as well vote again to pick another Northern candidate for running mate or is Ciroma himself an handicap? so he should choose Ciroma as his running mate. Rubbishhhh!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Melinde: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2010
madam Iweala as Retired Atiku running mate? noway poster, if it is somebody like Akunyili I would said it might be true but for my Woman,,,e no work at all, look for another topic please cos am leaving!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by deols(f): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2010
Okonjo wv Atiku i beg, d womaan aint DOra-=. I dont think she'll fall for that.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by onyeokwu: 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2010
i de laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by vigasimple(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2010
What Athifku political advisers are doing is to try to get into the psyche of SE and see if they can sell out after SW has thrown its weight behind GEJ and SE has also through Ohanaze Indigbo did the same thing, and off course SS votes will go to GEJ.

My people, you see, for the first time in a very long time, the interest of the entire South converge and have some unwritten agreement that the next President of Nigeria must be from the South and possible the Next from SE.

The North has always play the game of divide and rule as taught by the British and the South has never agree on anything.

The day the Yoruba's and the Igbo find a way to work together, that will be the day the North will be finished politically, it is do-able.

OBJ with all his fault went out and seek the brightest in IGBo land, Soludo, Okonjo-iweala ect.

GEJ only needs to pick some middle belt states,maybe Kogi, Benue, Plateau, kaduna. Game over.

ATIKU is just shadow boxing, America and the west just see him as money launderer, the first cousin of IBORI
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by benimeogu(f): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2010
Ma
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by jumobi1(m): 8:55pm On Nov 30, 2010
i actually believe Iweala and Atiku are friends
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by redsun(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2010
She won't be that disillusion to want to pair up with a prolific rogue like but then again, she worked with d main OLE, obj.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by ifyegede(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2010
Atiku/Iwela ticket? I dey laugh in chinese.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Becomrich11: 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2010
so if iweala and atiku are friends, who care, iweala is not worth anything at the polls to Atiku. Atiku is not silly to pick Iweala.

You look at where people would vote for you and igbos are not going to vote for atiku. so why do you think atiku would want to waste the vice president on igbo people. ?? nobody give the vice president to people who are not going to vote for you. anyone who does that loss at the poll.
I have not seen atiku brother for long. And even ishaya is now many years ago.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by ikkkkk: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2010
HEYYY, na soo let them leave the woman alone. okonjo iweala is not just their type. unless they just want to mess up the woman's good reputation. shocked
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2010
I dey laugh in fears grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Gayigaskia(m): 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2010
Na this got me thinking ;my option became options overnight
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by mekaboy(m): 1:30am On Dec 01, 2010
ATIKU CAN PICK ANYONE HE LIKES HE WILL NEVER WIN.

FOR THE FACT THAT HE TOOK LECTURERS FROM AMERICA AND PAY THEM 1,000,000 DOLLARS A MONTH, TELL US THAT HE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN NIGERIA.

HE IS A THIEF, WE CAN HAVE A CORRUPT PRESIDENT, BUT WE CANT HAVE CORRUPTION ITSELF AS A PRESIDENT
ATIKU= CORRUPTION
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by benimeogu(f): 2:31am On Dec 01, 2010
I still de laugh Atiku like Baba.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Onlytruth(m): 3:45am On Dec 01, 2010
The idea of Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala running as VP to Atiku is quite interesting, but I won't support it. Here is why.

If Atiku wins the PDP primaries (which I strongly doubt), the combination of Atiku/Iweala would be a VERY POWERFUL combination because Atiku will get his votes from the North, while Iweala gets the rest of the votes from the south. She will get votes from south east and south south, and possibly south west. So, their ticket is "hot".

But my concern is the 2015 calculation. If Atiku keeps to his promise to serve only one term (which I doubt even more), and Iweala is now left to vie for the presidency, she will not win because the north will not vote for her (being a woman); then, the Ndigbo would be saddled with a no-win situation. Power can then be smuggled out of our hands! Unless there are only women contestants running for other major parties in 2015, she will not win.

Anyone seriously looking for Igbo VP for Atiku should forget about any candidate with political "k-legs" in Nigeria.

For now, in my book, Soludo is the crown-prince of Igboland in terms of national politics.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by angrynaija: 3:46am On Dec 01, 2010
she may not be a politician but she would do a better job of managing the country than these toads who have been fleecing the treasury for over 40 years and getting away with it.

if she were intersted, she would be the presidential candidate with someone else as the vp. i'm not sure a crook like atiku should be part of the ticket
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by bidemi12(m): 4:14am On Dec 01, 2010
Okonjo Iweala?. . . . .yeah right!!! that'll be the day.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by KnowAll(m): 4:43am On Dec 01, 2010
I thought IBB is d chief loser and has d choice of choosing d VP for Atiku, I don't see a master puppetist like IBB choosing a loose & uncontrollable canon like Iweala. How would d woman respond to a request from d Presidency to grease their God father & mentorer's palm to d tune of $1 billion dollars as a show and a token of their loyalty to some un-written but honourable gentleman's agreement.  Knowing Ngozi Iweala she would broke into a cold sweat at such proposition.

This endorsement for obvious reason would not get d blessings of IBB let us not argue over an obsene proposition after all birds of d same feather are meant to flock together.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by bignaija(m): 11:49am On Dec 01, 2010
share of the national cake
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Ecash1: 12:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
If only this is true,but i doubt a lot.
It is time for Nigeria to have leadership based on credibility and capacity to deliver instead of leaders by zoning ,bigotry and nepotism.
Obama's emergence was as such.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
Sagamite:

Do you really have a brain in your head?

What kind of example is that?

Is Sambo not already his VP?
Thank u for comfirming my fears. I see u GEJ die-hards are arrogantly building his campaign on the inevitablity of his nomination. I wldn't b surprised if u still dont get it or refuse to get it
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by fxmaxony(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2010
this report is false in its entirety
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by gadogado(m): 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
Atiku and Ngozi are very could friends and have had a 30 year relationship. They've known each other for that long. Atiku was responsible for making her minister of finance, he recommended her to OBJ and also lobbied for her to become minster. So this is no surprise. If he wants to pass on the mantle to her in 2015, then thats a very good idea.
For all those saying she'll not deal with Atiku because he's a "crook" i take it you believe that the world bank is such a saintly organization right? fools.
She only resigned as finance minister coz of obj's high handedness and for the fact that he was starting to edge her out and place her on the sidelines. Also, his rift with atiku which had started at the time she resigned made her uncomfortable. Atiku and Ngozi are very close!!
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by NAJALYN: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2010
Okonjo Iweala will turn down the offer outright. The nuts in Atiku's head must have loosed again otherwise he will not hatch that plan. Iweala has no business with a thief like Atiku. She has her world bank job, so what is her business with that ole of a man? Light & darkness can never meet. Clearly Atiku is darkness. Even if Iweala eventually agrees to be his running mate, am afraid Atiku can never win. You want to give fish to a rat to keep for you. Well Nigerians can not afford to make that mistake again, otherwise Atiku will completely clean out our treasury. We have come a long way. No to Atiku forever. Let him take Ibb as running mate. Both of them can never set foot on Aso Rock ever Again.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by Lenny9000(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2010
And the big question is WHEN DID ATIKU SAY HE IS GOING TO RULE FOR ONLY ONE TERM? Power intoxicates, and none, not even Jonathan will rule for one term, they are all going for two terms, even IBB, We saw with our eyes that OBJ didnt even wannt to leave, he wanted a 3rd term. So stop believing lies of politicians, once they get there they will always find a reason to stay forever if posible
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by abegabeg: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2010
madam Ngoji Iweala,will never accept to work with politicians of such criminal character. Atiku is highly corrupt, wicket and very fetish to the core. Nigerians are glomouring for a change in our country and therefore look up for God-chosen who have records of good characters to lead us to the promised land. Atiku must be a dreamer to pick madam Iweala as a running mate.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by SapeleGuy: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

The idea of Dr Ngozi Okonjo Iweala running as VP to Atiku is quite interesting, but I won't support it. Here is why.

If Atiku wins the PDP primaries (which I strongly doubt), the combination of Atiku/Iweala would be a VERY POWERFUL combination because Atiku will get his votes from the North, while Iweala gets the rest of the votes from the south. She will get votes from south east and south south, and possibly south west. So, their ticket is "hot".

But my concern is the 2015 calculation. If Atiku keeps to his promise to serve only one term (which I doubt even more), and Iweala is now left to vie for the presidency, she will not win because the north will not vote for her (being a woman); then, the Ndigbo would be saddled with a no-win situation. Power can then be smuggled out of our hands! Unless there are only women contestants running for other major parties in 2015, she will not win. 

Anyone seriously looking for Igbo VP for Atiku should forget about any candidate with political "k-legs" in Nigeria.

For now, in my book, Soludo is the crown-prince of Igboland in terms of national politics.

There are many who will disagree with you. Okonjo Iweala is very marketable. Rightly or wrongly, Soludo already has 'K leg', he may eventually be prosecuted for the polymer notes scandal.
Iweala will actually get a lot of votes from the north and will be a powerful role model. Pushing the reactionary chauvenists aside, Nigeria is ripe for a female president and a candidate who is corruption free.
Re: Atiku May Pick Okonjo Iweala As Running Mate by mobby4ever(f): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2010
fela talk am: he no go possible ko se se.
pls tell us a better story!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta State Renovates 10 Schools With N933.5m / Kebbi ANRP Governorship Candidate Withdraws From Race, Joins APC / We Niger Deltans And Asari Dokubo Should Be Ashamed Seeing This (pics))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.