Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve (1426 Views)

Pussy Wise, Which State Is The Best To Do Nysc / How To Serve As A Ghost Corper During NYSC / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by MUTERIKA(m): 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2019
I concluded my B.A last month and waiting for the next NYSC batch. I always wanted to serve in Kaduna because of my military ambition, fortunately but unfortunately enough, i have a family that doesn't take well to me going far North as i had imagined. Therefore, using the insights of past corps members and serving personnel of the scheme, i would like to inquire which among these states is good for service, bearing in mind my career plans and job opportunities; Kaduna, Abuja, Bornu, Lagos, Katsina, Kano and Sokoto. Your inputs will be of immense value.
Re: Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by Abanekechizoba2: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
MUTERIKA:
I concluded my B.A last month and waiting for the next NYSC batch. I always wanted to serve in Kaduna because of my military ambition, fortunately but unfortunately enough, i have a family that doesn't take well to me going far North as i had imagined. Therefore, using the insights of past corps members and serving personnel of the scheme, i would like to inquire which among these states is good for service, bearing in mind my career plans and job opportunities; Kaduna, Abuja, Bornu, Lagos, Katsina, Kano and Sokoto. Your inputs will be of immense value.

Are you interested in military only? Or can paramilitary be an option too? Well from my experience of once being a corp member in the north, living there even after service and my little research. I think kaduna, Kano and Jigawa will give you an edge. Abuja and Lagos can also fetch you the connection if you know what to do at the right time.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by son248: 6:16am On Dec 25, 2019
Just work your direct posting, pay after the job biko no time. Call 08180764085 for assistance.
Re: Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by ibechris(m): 8:17am On Dec 28, 2019
I reside in Abuja but I will never advice u to serve here cos at the end of the day u might go home empty...accommodation is the highest in the (expensive) country.
In fact,except u have uncles that will assist u generously.
Despites my stay in Abuja,I refused to serve here because I wanted to have beautiful experience of the scheme so,I decided I was going to allow NYSC to post me to any state of their choice.

And this happened to be kebbi state...we were given accommodation, the school were fond of making food items available to us, and interestingly, I saved every dime I was making coupled with dashes here and there from our head teacher and principal and vice.

The money I made in that state with the little I had in my savings in 2009/2010 has helped me tremendously today.

My advice therefore is that; kebbi state is the only state in North West of Nigeria that is most peaceful and free of extremism. But another state is Plateau the coolest and the sweetest food is way cheaper and affordable. Consider these two.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by MUTERIKA(m): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abanekechizoba2:

Are you interested in military only? Or can paramilitary be an option too? Well from my experience of once being a corp member in the north, living there even after service and my little research. I think kaduna, Kano and Jigawa will give you an edge. Abuja and Lagos can also fetch you the connection if you know what to do at the right time.
My interest is mainly military. Thanks for the contribution.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by MUTERIKA(m): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
ibechris:
I reside in Abuja but I will never advice u to serve here cos at the end of the day u might go home empty...accommodation is the highest in the (expensive) country.
In fact,except u have uncles that will assist u generously.
Despites my stay in Abuja,I refused to serve here because I wanted to have beautiful experience of the scheme so,I decided I was going to allow NYSC to post me to any state of their choice.

And this happened to be kebbi state...we were given accommodation, the school were fund of making food items available to us, and interestingly, I saved every dime I was making coupled with dashes here and there from our head teacher and principal and vice.

The money I made in that state with the little I had in my savings in 2009/2010 has helped me tremendously today.

My advice therefore is that; kebbi state is the only state in North West of Nigeria that is most peaceful and free of extremism. But another state is Plateau the coolest and the sweetest food is way cheaper and affordable. Consider these two.
Thanks a lot. I never really considered Abuja, but a course mate of mine hinted about knowing persons that can help secure additional job with salary and accommodation. Thus the reason i am considering it. How developed is Kebbi State by the way?
Re: Which Of These Northern State Is Good To Serve by ibechris(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2019
MUTERIKA:
Thanks a lot. I never really considered Abuja, but a course mate of mine hinted about knowing persons that can help secure additional job with salary and accommodation. Thus the reason i am considering it. How developed is Kebbi State by the way?

Kebbi isn't like Lagos,apart from the state capital and other border towns they are more agrarian...and that is why food items are cheap. But as an intending corps member, take note that dry season is very,very extreme. Wish u the best!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed For Nysc Verification For Foreign Students / Gombe!!! Mallam Sidi Camp Who's Going??? / 2013 Batch B KEBBI Corper Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.