Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,584 members, 7,888,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:24 PM

Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 (28130 Views)

UNHCR Nigeria Vacancies (3 Positions) / Updated Job Vacancies 3.0. Coming Soon!!! / Coca-cola Company Job Vacancies (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 11:25am On Mar 04, 2020
fast growing International Primary School located in Victoria lsland / Lekki phase 1, Lagos State is recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Teacher

Slot: 6

Job Description
We are in need of Teachers to teach in the following subject areas:

Yoruba
French / lgbo
Science
Mathematics
Social Studies
Music.
General Qualifications

BA, B.Sc, B.Ed in the relevant field. A Master's Degree will be an added advantage.
Ability to communicate effectively in English Language (Oral & Written).
Good interpersonal skills, confident and result oriented.
At least 7 years teaching/working experience and conversant with the British and Nigerian curricula.
Literate in computer.
Remuneration
Very attractive.

Application Closing Date
17th March, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application Letter and CV to: ify.cilla@gmail.com Using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 11:27am On Mar 04, 2020
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title:
Female Head Teacher
Female Primary school Teacher

Qualifications and Experience

MA.Ed in Early childhood Education/Educational Administration required.
At least five (5) years experience as Head Teacher in a recognized school of International Standard.
At least one (1) year experience as Teacher in a recognized school of International Standard.
Must be familiar with International Primary Curriculum as well as the British Primary Curriculum.
Applicants must be proficient in the use of E-Learning Solutions.
Applicant must be skillful at lesson planning presentation and assessment.
Spoken and written English must be of a high standard with good interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications is required.
Application Closing Date
15th March, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
lovelyakpe@gmail.com
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Is there any HR operations person with strong payroll experience and is currently out of job?
There is a 6 months contract role for a FMCG on the mainland.
Forward your CV to executivesportal@gmail.com
Closes 4th March 2020
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
HR Executuve needed in urgently in a manufacturing company.2years experience in Human Resources.Please send cv to okunorensinmisola@gmail.com
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Dentist

•Having worked with Patient of all ages.
•Strong communication skills and work ethics.
•Great Compensation and opportunities for growth.

Interested & Qualified applicant send CV to:
sbs.talents@gmail.com
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 12:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
SEARCH FOR WORK GROUP ON TELEGRAM JOIN US TODAY[
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by lavylilly: 1:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
still available
Olamsoh:
An international Time Share company located in Ikeja is in need of twenty female candidates who will be trained and given immediate employment after a week training.

Interested candidates should send CVS to: lovelyakpe@gmail.com or info@solutionsaudit.com.

Interview is Monday 9th March, 2020
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Ponytail22: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Are there Job Openings in Abeokuta? Pls help!

1 Like

Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 8:53am On Mar 06, 2020
Congratulations to those who just concluded NYSC, hope you have been applying for jobs before now.
Please "Be teachable, just because you have a degree (especially those with first class) that doesn't mean you know it all. If anything, the real learning starts now"

Do well yo add your friends who are in final year, recent graduate or serving Corp member to the group. the time to start learning is now because we have days they post jobs plus you might see MR RIGHT here

The essence of being on a group like this isn't only to have access to vacancies, it is also to be INFORMED, to be UPDATED, to LEARN and to RELEARN. If you do not take your time to read through the 50+ messages you see whenever you come online, then you will miss out on a lot of things.
Finally, University education does not teach you life's practical & application.
It teaches you theories. By its nature, it is saying "I have handed over to you the theories you need to succeed.
How you apply them to life, work, relationship, career, business, religion etc. is entirely up to you". E.g.. We learn banking & finance in school not how to be a banker. One is theory, the other is practical which comes from training and learning. That is why you must continue to go for training & continue to also train yourself to learn unlearn & relearn.
Your certificate isn't a guarantee to be successful.
The essence of getting an education is not just to get a job but to be able to think like an educated person, to be teachable and be able to train your MIND to solve problems.

Inject the education you have into anything and make a difference. Join us on TELEGRAM search for work Group
Gracias
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:28am On Mar 06, 2020
‘Tunde Omotoye Flag of Nigeria
@TundeTASH
Looking or thinking to change career path?

Come on in. Let’s discuss ways you can strategically do this.

Find a seat, grab a cup of coffee and make yourself comfortable.

Thanks for joining in today. As many know, I started off as a Graphic Designer in Lagos on a N30,000/month pay.

Today, I am a Senior BOA in one of Canada’s Big 5.

On another day, I'll give details of what prompted the change, why I changed & how I navigated the path.

Today, I'd be putting you through this 6-Step strategy to help with your career change journey.

Let's wait for others to find a seat. Also, remember there is coffee and juice in the other room.

Also, if you have questions at any point, just indicate.

1. WHERE ARE YOU NOW?
(Evaluate Yourself & Your Situation)

It is important that before making any decision or allowing your emotions guide you, you need to assess yourself in the most honest way.

You must understand that making a career change requires commitment & sacrifice.
Things will change, so are you up for it?

Evaluating means asking honest questions like:

- Why am I seeking a change?
- Will I be happier?
- Is the workload at my present job stressing me?
- Do I just need more money?
- Is a new career the answer or another job in same field?

-Is this new career borne out of passion?
-Am I just bored & looking for something lively?

Once you're done reflecting, your view should be less misty.

Now, make a list of why you want this change. This will help to clarify your viewpoint more.

Don’t let your coffee get cold.

2. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?
(Determining Your New Career Location)

After you’ve been able to convince yourself that you need to break up with your present field, it is important to know and understand what career you are shooting your shot at.

See, some fields like medicine, accounting or IT will require specific training/skill-sets for you to complete before you can work.

So, it is important to note that the new career might be difficult to transition to. Still convinced you need to make the move?

Great lets go on.

(Identifying Skills Needed)

Once your 'career-seeking-map' indicates you have arrived at the 'career-change-decision' point, you now need to identify the skills that are needed to make a career switch.

What you’d find, most times, is that you already either have some of the skills or have something similar – especially the soft skills.

For instance, in terms of hard skills, a Financial Analyst looking to switch to HR Analyst might find their excel skills will come in handy.

Now search ‘JD of XYZ job’ to get overview of skills, competencies & knowledge. Also, see if certain certifications are needed.

This way, you'd know the requirements. You might lack the experience & knowledge & that’s fine.

Compare this with your strengths & weaknesses.
Like I always say:

Someone in your:

- Network
- Clique
- Association
- Group
- Cabal
- Club
- Society

...will readily refer you to a job before an outsider does.

Many times, the opportunities we want lies within our circle.

5. SHARPEN YOUR TOOLS
(Resume, Cover Letter & Learn!)

- At this stage, you have a blueprint & have a clear path of where you are headed.

So, have a resume that aligns with the new field. Emphasize your transferable skills as they are what you’d be leveraging on for now.

- Have a cover letter that tells your story in a honest way. A thread I did on cover letter: http:///z2qwkz

- Learn, Learn & Learn. Use online platforms to learn various techniques/skills. Put your internet to good use and learn things your network discussed with you.

Once you are confident of your new resume, use online platforms to apply for roles to test the waters.

You know a sour truth? A rejection letter is better than doing nothing. So, never be scared to apply.

It is also strategic to volunteer or take up small pay internship roles.

6. WHAT DO I GIVE?
(Staying Focused and Not Giving Up)

Now, it might sound easy. But truth is? It is not. Having this mindset will get you ready.

Will you easily give up?
Will you continue to move when pot holes, bumps & hindrances appear?

Because you will be tested.

However, depending on how you've prepared emotionally, you’d be able to weather the career change storm.

It does come with so many emotional roller coasters, but being strategic about it and knowing all it will take will really help you stay focused.

Like I said, I’d tell you how my career change went, but for now, take in all this & start somewhere.

Have an action plan. A timeline too.

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. Tweak as you go along. No one has it 100% figured before starting. Do it afraid.

Thanks again for coming.

You can return your seats, leave the door opened as it's an open door policy here.

Have a great month, conquer & do exploits. ��

1 Like

Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Pascopele: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Customer Service Rep.
A retail shop on the Island is urgently in need of Customer Service Representatives.
The Salary is N50k monthly gross with 2 meal per day & other benefits. Working arrangement is 3 days - 3 nights - 3 Off
Send CV to recruitment.retailfirm@gmail.com
Only Applicant leaving around Lekki environment will be considered.
Deadline of CV submission is Friday 13th March, 2020.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2020
Are you an #Accountant with at least 5yrs expr in financial services i.e. commercial bank, mfb, fin-tech etc.

Here's a fantastic opportunity for you especially if you are Chartered

Kindly send your CV to : oadeyanju@fosadconsulting.com
use Financial Accountant as the subject.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2020
Are you looking for a job?
Join workgroup on TELEGRAM
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by lavylilly: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2020
talk na
Olamsoh:
An international Time Share company located in Ikeja is in need of twenty female candidates who will be trained and given immediate employment after a week training.

Interested candidates should send CVS to: lovelyakpe@gmail.com or info@solutionsaudit.com.

Interview is Monday 9th March, 2020
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2020
Top 10 Internet Job Scam Warning Signs!!!

Review these tips, so you can identify and avoid a variety of different types of internet scams designed to get your personal information and your money.

Too Good to Be True
Good jobs are hard to find. You didn’t contact them; they contacted you: They say they found your resume online. They either offer you a job right away or say they want to interview you.

#2 Vague Job Requirements and Job Description:

Scammers try to make their emails sound believable by listing job requirements. The job requirements don’t mention years of education or experience. As a rule of thumb, if it’s a real job, the requirements will be quite specific.

#3 Unprofessional Emails:

Some emails from scammers are well-written, but many aren’t. Real companies hire professionals who can write well. If the email contains spelling, capitalization, punctuation, or grammatical mistakes, be on your guard

#4 Online Interviews via Messaging Services:

Many attempted scams say the interview will take place online using an instant messaging service. The scammers often include instructions for setting up and contacting the hiring manager and may ask for confidential information.

Warning: If you’re applying for an online job & you’re told the interview will take place online via IM, research the company and its representatives before you agree to an interview. And if you agree to be interviewed, ask detailed questions about the job during the interview.

#5 Search Results Don’t Add Up​:

B4 agreeing to an interview, do your research. If it’s a real coy, you shld be able to find info abt the company by doing an online search. Finding info does not guarantee the coy is legit, but if you can’t find anything, you can bet it’s a scam.

#6 You’re Asked to Provide Confidential Information:

Some scammers ask for your bank account information to set up direct deposit or transfer money to your account, or ask you to open a new bank account and provide the information to them.

Other scammers will tell you to go to a website and fill out a credit report form or provide confidential information so they can “put you on the company insurance.”. It's a scam, beware!

Tip: Before entering personal information online, check to make sure the website is secure by looking at the web address bar. The address should be https:// not http://

#7 They Want You to Pay for Something​:

Legitimate companies don’t ask for money. If you’re told you need to purchase software or pay for services, beware.

#8 Your “Instinct” Says It’s a Scam​:

Researching the company is your best defense, but sme scammers are very clever. If you start to feel that things aren’t right, trust your intuition. Ask questions & pay close attention to the answers

Dnt be pressured to making a commitment.

#9 The salary details aren't clear:

If the company doesn't pay a monthly/weekly/hourly rate wages or a salary, carefully investigate the details.

Warning: Googling the company name plus "scam" or "rip-off" will give you some information on the company if it's not legitimate. Visit the company's website and if they don't have one or it doesn't have contact information, consider that a warning sign.

#10 Look for red flags in mail/letter:

A good exercise to ward off scamsters who approach you thru mails is to scan the letter minutely.

Beware if the mail is from a free e-mail address, not the company e-mail,” Also check for the format of the letter, spelling mistakes etc.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:33am On Mar 16, 2020
Dear Job Seeker,

Are you dreading your next interview?

No matter how many interviews we go to, it never seems to get any easier.

Don't worry I've got your back!

Here are 5 tips to get you through your next interview:
1. No, arriving at yur interview venue, abt 1hour b4 the slated time doesn't make u look "serious". It makes u look desperate. Plus, u dnt want to disrupt the interviewer's plans. If for any reason u get thr that early, stay in the car or smwhr, until it's abt 15mins to the time

2. No, when asked: "What are your salary expectations?", saying "Anything is fine" doesn't make you look humble. It makes you look clueless.

3. No, when asked during the interview: "Do you have any questions?", saying "Not all" doesn't make you look "wahala-free". It shows you did not do your homework, and worse still, that you have a poor appetite for learning.

4. No, making a counter-offer does not mean you are "ungrateful". Lol. It shows that you know your worth and are not afraid to politely state it.

5. No, lying about your experience does not make you smart.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:34am On Mar 16, 2020
Multiple Vacancies
Urgently Recruiting for

1. Graphic Artist/Web Designer
Female candidates only
Salary N60k
Location VI
Candidate must share their design portfolio

2. Legal officer
Female Candidate
Must have completed NYSC and has exp in a law firm
Salary N60k
Location VI
3. 4 Retail store Sales Associate
Must have 1 year retail store experience.
Salary N40,000 - N50,000
Location Opebi Ikeja and IkotaAjah

4. Full time Social Media Manager, must have experince managing the social media pages of a fashion store.

Salary N50,000
Location Ajah
Interested candidates should send their CV's to contact@marveladvisory.net with the role and location as subject.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by azyhilluim: 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
i like the way you have divided classes specifically as you said The key to answering this question well, is not to focus on what you dislike about your current role, but, instead, you must position your answer in a way that shifts the interviewer’s focus to the many other opportunities that 8th Class Result 2020
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Osamedee: 1:20pm On Mar 16, 2020
Vacancies exist for Direct Sales Agents in a Bank
Locations: Edo and Delta State
Requirements:
Must be below 34 years
B.Sc/HND/OND Graduates
Available to resume 1st week of April
Remuneration : N50,000 plus commission, Pension and Medical cover
Interviews will hold tomorrow Tuesday 17 March for Edo state and Thursday 19 March for Delta state.
Qualified applicants should send CVs to osamede@trimconsult.co.uk with job title and preferred location as the subject of the email.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 4:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
{THREAD} Job Seekers: If you're in the midst of interviewing or negotiating offers with companies or maybe you've already accepted one & slated to start soon.

Reach out to the company. You have every right to know where you stand. Here's a list of questions you'll want to ask.

For interviewers: Will my scheduled on site interview be changed to a virtual interview? If so, which technology will we be using so I can familiarize myself with the system?

Also, will there be any major changes in the interview schedule itself as the company work approach changes?

If accepted job offer: Will my start date be changed? How will this impact training & onboarding? *good time to offer your comfortability with doing this virtual*

If start date is changed, how will this impact/affect compensation (you've got the job - you need to know).

Make sure you save/read the offer letter and the entire compensation package.

Also check the company site/social media for updates to stay informed.

If there is an HR hotline - Call them and ask what your options are to make sure you're protecting yourself.

Ok back to the questions..

For interviewers: Will this slow down the hiring process at all? If so, what is the expected timeline to fill this role?

Today, I launched a Leveled Up & LinkedIn Challenge, a 5 day FREE mini course for anyone looking to upgrade their LinkedIn. It just kicked off and not too late to join: Telegram search for WORK GROUP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:15am On Mar 17, 2020
If your discipline falls in the category of Finance/Accounting & you're having an upcoming interview.

Do some research on these questions as you may likely be asked?

1. What are the effects of #Covid on FX markets & commodities?

2. What are its implicatns on Nigerian economy?
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:16am On Mar 17, 2020
ALWAYS CHECK YOUR SPAM!

Don't miss that invitation from the recruiter or hiring manager bc some mails come in as SPAM instead of INBOX

Do check your Spam & Junk folders. You shud always check these folders to make sure messages haven’t been mistakenly filtered out of your inbox

Also search for WORK GROUP on telegram
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2020
With Coronavirus spreading, Companies are shifting to a virtual hiring process. Most of your interviews will move to video, with the help of tech services like Google Hangouts, Skype, HireVue,Zoom, Sonru Record etc

How to ace video interviews

Dress as you would a face-face interview. Be professional

Ensure you have good lighting. Record a video beforehand to test how it looks.

Smile and maintain eye contact. To create the perception of eye contact, look at the camera when speaking, not the face of the interviewer.

Sit upright, and try not to fidget or cross your legs.

If you do get interrupted by something that’s out of your control, say “excuse me,” wait for a few seconds for the noise to calm down, and get right back into it.

Double-check your technology before the interview

to make sure your webcam and sound are good to go.

Trust me, using “I couldn’t get my video camera to work” as an excuse for being late to an interview never goes over well.

Headphones or earbuds may help with improving sound quality if that’s an issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 8:40am On Mar 27, 2020
Olamsoh:
{THREAD} Job Seekers: If you're in the midst of interviewing or negotiating offers with companies or maybe you've already accepted one & slated to start soon.

Reach out to the company. You have every right to know where you stand. Here's a list of questions you'll want to ask.

For interviewers: Will my scheduled on site interview be changed to a virtual interview? If so, which technology will we be using so I can familiarize myself with the system?

Also, will there be any major changes in the interview schedule itself as the company work approach changes?

If accepted job offer: Will my start date be changed? How will this impact training & onboarding? *good time to offer your comfortability with doing this virtual*

If start date is changed, how will this impact/affect compensation (you've got the job - you need to know).

Make sure you save/read the offer letter and the entire compensation package.

Also check the company site/social media for updates to stay informed.

If there is an HR hotline - Call them and ask what your options are to make sure you're protecting yourself.

Ok back to the questions..

For interviewers: Will this slow down the hiring process at all? If so, what is the expected timeline to fill this role?

Today, I launched a Leveled Up & LinkedIn Challenge, a 5 day FREE mini course for anyone looking to upgrade their LinkedIn. It just kicked off and not too late to join: Telegram search for WORK GROUP
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 8:07am On May 04, 2020

Job Title: Female Office Assistant

Job Description

Our company is looking for a female Office Assistant to be responsible for handling clerical tasks in our office.
You will be handling incoming phone calls and other communications, greeting clients and visitors, as well as managing files, updating paperwork and other documents, and performing other general office clerk duties and errands.
In order for you to be selected as a candidate, you will need the ability to write clearly and be proficient with word processing applications.
A pleasing personality with strong communication skills is also highly valued.
Responsibilities

Handling incoming calls and other communications.
Managing filing system.
Coordinating events as necessary.
Maintaining supply inventory.
Maintaining office equipment as needed.
Aiding with client reception as needed.
Experience as a virtual assistant.
Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
Recording information as needed.
Greeting clients and visitors as needed.
Updating paperwork, maintaining documents, and word processing.
Helping organize and maintain office in common areas.
Performing general office clerk duties and errands.
Requirements

SSCE / WAEC and OND Holders
Great communication skills.
Have a valid means of identification
Must not be more than 25 years of Age.
Experience as an office assistant or in related field.
Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary.
Warm personality with strong communication skills.
Ability to work well under limited supervision.
Must be proficient with MS-Office application.
Application Deadline
10th May, 2010.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and a recent passport photograph with a colored background to: medigoldafrica@gmail.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.

Note

Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Candidates from Festac, Navy Town, Satellite Town, Alakija, and Mile 2 areas will be considered.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:30am On May 04, 2020
Olamsoh:
The Evil
@DiKachii

Many of you have got your visas/PR and plan to move abroad next year. Some of you are already abroad and are looking for a job. I will share some tips from my own experience and common mistakes from other young Nigerians that ask for help.

Note: I don’t work in HR

First thing: When looking for a job abroad, most companies ask for a CV and a cover letter. I must tell you guys this is a full time job on its own.

For your CV: Ensure your CV is focused. What do I mean by focused? Highlight on only the experiences, skills, and qualifications that tell that you are not new to the industry or the issues affecting the industry you are applying to. There’s no need putting the teaching experience from NYSC where you taught social studies and the time you were an office assistant at a car wash in Bariga for an

IT job in Toronto. Secondly, KEYWORDS, use the exact keywords you find in the job ads in your CV. This helps the software (they use a software to pre-read CVs dunno what it is called sha) to pre-select your CV for the recruiters

Lastly, your CV should tell a single short story about you. What do I mean? Assess yourself and ask yourself what is my selling point? It could be your brilliant grades, it could be the type of companies you worked in eg Mckinsey and the likes. It could be your achievement at work eg Bringing in $10m contracts annually. Find your unique selling point and hammer on it. Don’t bother to highlight everything. Find the strongest and amplify.

Cover letter: This one for me, i think many nigerian immigrants fall by the way here. I have helped with so many cover letters for guys on here that I can tell you the first thing is; WRITE SHORT SENTENCES AND KEEP IT SIMPLE!

In my advises, I say a page and three paragraphs.

First paragraph, introduce yourself. Second Paragraph explain how your experiences are relevant to the job requirements. This means you should have the job ad side by side while writing this and be sure to use the same words as written in the job ad.
Lastly, your CV should tell a single short story about you. What do I mean? Assess yourself and ask yourself what is my selling point? It could be your brilliant grades, it could be the type of companies you worked in eg Mckinsey and the likes..

It could be your achievement at work eg Bringing in $10m contracts annually. Find your unique selling point and hammer on it. Don’t bother to highlight everything. Find the strongest and amplify.

Cover letter: This one for me, i think many Nigerian immigrants fall by the way here. I have helped with so many cover letters for guys on here that I can tell you the first thing is; WRITE SHORT SENTENCES AND KEEP IT SIMPLE!

In my advices, I say a page and three paragraphs.

First paragraph, introduce yourself. Second Paragraph explain how your experiences are relevant to the job requirements. This means you should have the job ad side by side while writing this and be sure to use the same words as written in the job ad.

Third paragraph is for highlighting why you want to work in this company. I advice putting facts about the company that are not in the company description in the job ad. For example how you think a company who won best place to work in the city of boston is a perfect fit for you. Or putting facts about how the company’s goals align with your long term goals.

Now you have got all these in place, you need to let people know you are available. One useful tool is linkedin. Erroneously, we think LinkedIn is for sending CVs. Linkedin is best when used to form physical human connections. This is where western culture comes into full play.

Look at companies, you are interested in, look for the departments within the company you are interested in. Connect with the manager or the seniors (non-managers) in the department. Don’t bother with CEOs or Directors. They may read it but have no time to reply.

When I say connect, not just adding them but send them a message. Be direct, by saying what they do seems interesting and if they would like to explain to you over coffee or lunch. Don’t worry you will not need to pay for their lunch or coffee if they agree.

Some of the best work relationships you will have in the abroad start with a coffee/lunch. Trust me. During this coffee/lunch, the person will give you more info about the job or the job market in general. Even if you don’t have that particular job. You are now in the mental registry of that person, whenever the person hears of a job opening that fits, they will remember you. I’m briefly touching each points. This is not the medium to totally unflesh each point but I hope you get the idea.

Interviews: In business school, I was told that when called for an interview, the companies want you but are waiting for you to give them for a reason not to hire you.

Unlike Nigeria where dozens can be called for interview at the same time. Man-hours are accounted for in the abroad.

first interviews are usually impersonal and can be done at distance. However, the main interviews are more often than not a social fit test.

Therefore, I think it is very important to be natural, be yourself, be confident. Because, you will regret working in a place where you do not socially fit in.

That brings me to rejection; rejection never means you are not good enough. For one it could be that you do not socially fit in, it could be a problem of budget, it could even be a freeze on recruitment, it could be a long list of factors away from you not being good enough.

So heads up! Don’t let rejection pull you down. Keep moving, keep applying, keep meeting people. Most young nigerians are always discouraged by the amount of rejections they get but it really removes nothing from what you have to offer.

That Tunde whose CGPA is lower than yours got a job since does not mean anything in this zones. Just keep spreading your tentacles.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:31am On May 04, 2020
GKT Consults is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO

Job Description

Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship
The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO
The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and oversees special projects.
Requirements

HND / B.Sc / Master's Degree
3-7 years experience
The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume & Application to: gktbusiness@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:32am On May 04, 2020
new school (Creche, Nursery and Primary) located at Igbo-Efon, Lekki commencing operations in September 2020 is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Head of School

Requirements

The Suitable candidate should be a Christian, must have years of experience working with British Curriculum, must have proven records of leadership, mentoring and guiding the professional development of teachers, and quickly assimilating into new school environments.
He or She must show dedication to the cultivation of children’s intellectual, spiritual, social, physical, and emotional development.
He or she must be creative, focused, have good interpersonal skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a life-long learner that possesses a growth mindset and eagerness to explore new ideas and approaches.
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: silvercrestschoolng@gmail.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:32am On May 04, 2020
Mben Health Services is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: General Manager

Detailed Description

Partake in the establishment of policies and framework of the organization.
Management of human resource in the establishment.
Monitoring and allocation of budgets and financial resources
Engaging and following with, drawing contracts for vendors, suppliers and contractors
Coordinate with doctors, nurses, pharmacist and other professionals to ensure patient quality care, treatment and rehabilitation.
Essentially, manager’s job involves working with doctors, making policy decision, overseeing patient care, budgeting and accounting, and marketing among other relevant hospital activities necessary to ensure the organization functions smoothly and successfully.
Application Closing Date
5th June, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: mbenhealthservicesmhs@gmail.com using the position as subject of email.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:35am On May 04, 2020
Amag Buz Venture is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Personal Assistant

Job Description

PA duties can include everything from helping with time and daily management, scheduling of meetings, correspondence, and note-taking.
The personal assistant can also expect to answer phone calls, take notes, schedule meetings and send emails on behalf of your manager as well as organise events.
There is also great career progression for personal assistants.
You may start out as an administrative assistant but eventually you can progress to an executive assistant or company secretary.
There’s huge scope and you may also have the chance to gain new skills such as social media, law and payroll.
And by working so closely with the management team, you will not only learn so much about the company but you will also play such an important role and gain so much experience in helping to run a business.
Responsibilities

Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
Managing diaries and organising meetings and appointments. Many PAs control access to the manager/executive.
Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation.
Organising events and conferences.
Reminding the manager/executive of important tasks and deadlines.
Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence.
Managing databases and filing systems.
Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
Collating and filing expenses.
Conducting research on behalf of the manager.
Organising the manager’s personal commitments including travel or childcare.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2020.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: hramagbuz@gmail.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:35am On May 04, 2020
Aymie Staffing Solutions has identified real deep challenges in home placements of domestic staff and seeks to remodel this crucial aspect of our society by putting systems in place to bring about highly beneficial outcomes to the employers and employees.

Job Title: Male Personal Assistant

Requirements

B.Sc, HND
Experience: 5years
I am looking for someone who is highly capable and versatile
Someone that has previously worked in that position and HR experience, management experience as well
Well versed in all Microsoft office applications can present and make presentations
Someone that can work for the MD & Chairman and handle all correspondence and emails and running around
Application Closing Date
28th April, 2020

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: ansong@aymie.com.ng using the Job Title as subject of the email.

For more Enquiry Call - 09030984233
Re: Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 by Olamsoh: 9:36am On May 04, 2020
Coinbox Limited - Our client, a luxury hotel located in the heart of Surulere, Lagos is looking to hire suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Female Personal Assistant

Job Description

We are looking to hire a female Personal Assistant with experience in Accounting and Auditing.
She is to work closely with the Managing Director (MD) to provide administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner.
Key Responsibilities

Organising and planning meetings
Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
Dealing with correspondences on behalf of the MD
Collating and filing expenses
Reminding the MD of important tasks and deadlines.
Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence.
Managing databases and filing systems.
Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems.
Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients.
Overseeing hotel financial management
Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of hotel financials
Overseeing financial regulatory requirements
Miscellaneous tasks to support MD
Requirements

B.Sc in Accounting or any relevant field from a recognized university.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, etc)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proven experience in Accounting and Auditing
Result-oriented and be able to multitask
Demonstrated ability to handle issues with tact and discretion
Outstanding organizational ability
Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Good knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
Should live within Surulere or environs
Not more than 30 years old as of December 2020
Salary
Attractive.

Application Closing Date
11th May, 2020.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
imoleolotu@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (24) (Reply)

Mactay CBT Invite For Globacom CCR / Things You Should Remove From Your CV / N-Power: The 2017 Assessment Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.