Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,477 members, 7,833,596 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (632116 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by nitt: 11:37am On Apr 30
Nadingo:
Don't mind the slaves. They love their chains. It is not unrealistic for senators to get paid N80m monthly accompanied by official SUVs of N615m each. But it is unrealistic for them to get N500k monthly. SMH

I've provided my last response to him.

Not worth the drag.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Henryjp: 1:13pm On Apr 30
When federal govt refused to pay ur 615k minimum wage then U will go hang transformer. Any reasonable person will know that it's not possible for government to do it. U people don't know how this country is run. The truth is very bitter. Nobody is supporting what is happening but we need to face reality same time.

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Peterlove11: 6:21pm On Apr 30
Nadingo:
Don't mind the slaves. They love their chains. It is not unrealistic for senators to get paid N80m monthly accompanied by official SUVs of N615m each. But it is unrealistic for them to get N500k monthly. SMH

It has nothing to do with what we feel or want them to do. Any increment of over 400% will throw inflation out of proportion, and make our naira more worthless. The prices of goods and services will skyrocket, tax will abnormally increase.....eventually we might end up at our previous default setting.

300% is realistic

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Steve0979(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30
Peterlove11:

It has nothing to do with what we feel or want them to do. Any increment of over 400% will throw inflation out of proportion, and make our naira more worthless. The prices of goods and services will skyrocket, tax will abnormally increase.....eventually we might end up at our previous default setting.

300% is realistic
one arm chair idiot.so u r more economist dan tuc n nlc dat peg it at dat figure .cho cho cho Everytime

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by kingmekus(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30
Peterlove11:

300% is realistic
Each time I hear this inflation narrative, I always feel we are a conquered Nation, Billions are being stolen on a daily basis by politicians, Ex Governors are paying school fees of their kids in Dollars for years they are not even sure they will be alive, yet there is no inflation, but paying civil servants or making minimum wage a bit comfortable is where we realize that inflation is real, Nigeria currently has the poorest minimum wage in almost the whole world, have you asked yourself why other countries in Africa that pay much higher than the Peanuts Nigeria is currently paying are not facing severe Inflation? If we hold our Government accountable for once , we go die??
Abeg make person no make me vex pass as I dey vex now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Peterlove11: 8:21am On May 01
Steve0979:
one arm chair idiot.so u r more economist dan tuc n nlc dat peg it at dat figure .cho cho cho Everytime

You don't need to abuse people before making your opinion heard. Opinion remains an opinion and it's not a must that we both must agree. Great men learn to speak little and control their aggression/anger.

5 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Peterlove11: 8:28am On May 01
kingmekus:

Each time I hear this inflation narrative, I always feel we are a conquered Nation, Billions are being stolen on a daily basis by politicians, Ex Governors are paying school fees of their kids in Dollars for years they are not even sure they will be alive, yet there is no inflation, but paying civil servants or making minimum wage a bit comfortable is where we realize that inflation is real, Nigeria currently has the poorest minimum wage in almost the whole world, have you asked yourself why other countries in Africa that pay much higher than the Peanuts Nigeria is currently paying are not facing severe Inflation? If we hold our Government accountable for once , we go die??
Abeg make person no make me vex pass as I dey vex now.
Am a federal civil servant. Who no like better things. But am a realist. NLC can't be using Politicians as yardstick for what civil servants should earn. Have been in the system for some years now to know, no government will accede to those ridiculous increment in minimum wage.

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 8:39am On May 01
Peterlove11:

Am a federal civil servant. Who no like better things. But am a realist. NLC can't be using Politicians as yardstick for what civil servants should earn. Have been in the system for some years now to know, no government will accede to those ridiculous increment in minimum wage.
Your a civil servant advocating for politicians and antagonising civil servants..
Your village people do you strong things!!

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Peterlove11: 8:46am On May 01
Smokey5:

Your a civil servant advocating for politicians and antagonising civil servants..
Your village people do you strong things!!
Demanding for 350000, which is over 1000% increase is not feasible na. Make NLC no waste our time.

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 9:00am On May 01
nitt:

Smh for your level of reasoning

We shall come back to this later and judge. Too emotional and immature.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by DanIduh06: 12:48pm On May 01
Rahym001:
FCE Salary paid, without the 25/35% arrears

Was your money paid through IPPIS or your institution?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 7:20pm On May 01
Peterlove11:

Demanding for 350000, which is over 1000% increase is not feasible na. Make NLC no waste our time.
Your not a civil servant! ...when you Go for negotiation with fg do you start with your rough bottom? Or you start higher to give space for bargaining...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rahym001(m): 9:07pm On May 01
DanIduh06:

Was your money paid through IPPIS or your institution?
ippis
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nadingo: 10:39am On May 02
Smokey5:

Your not a civil servant! ...when you Go for negotiation with fg do you start with your rough bottom? Or you start higher to give space for bargaining...
When a slave is in love with his chains, there is nothing you can do or say to liberate him. Don't waste your time

2 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by frank2zee: 7:39pm On May 02
Peterlove11:

300% is realistic

Ogbeni I'm being pushed to raise insults on you but I won't even though I'm very pained at your words.

Increase in the salaries of private firms doesn't bring inflation, extravagant lifestyle of our politicians doesn't bring inflation right?
Inflation only comes in when public workers are demanding for a living wage...smh.

Be wise bro..be wise
Minimum wage doesn't blow up inflation, these are words politicians used to keep the masses perpetually poor.

9 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Henryjp: 9:41pm On May 02
Don't U know that politicians don't determine inflation. The workers and masses is what determine inflation. Just like the law of demand and supply. There will surely be inflation
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Dvdpity: 5:24am On May 03
frank2zee:

Ogbeni I'm being pushed to raise insults on you but I won't even though I'm very pained at your words.

Increase in the salaries of private firms doesn't bring inflation, extravagant lifestyle of our politicians doesn't bring inflation right?
Inflation only comes in when public workers are demanding for a living wage...smh.

Be wise bro..be wise
Minimum wage doesn't blow up inflation, these are words politicians used to keep the masses perpetually poor.
You are 100% right

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Henryjp: 10:05am On May 03
Federal govt are using tactics and that's why the increase salary by 25 to 35%. The negotiation between the NLC and TUC with the federal govt may take more longer time than as we expected, this will take more time

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Ejaisky: 12:35pm On May 03
Henryjp:
Federal govt are using tactics and that's why the increase salary by 25 to 35%. The negotiation between the NLC and TUC with the federal govt may take more longer time than as we expected, this will take more time
This is peculiar for other salary structures like CONRAISS that were not considered.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 10:56am On May 05
Ejaisky:

This is peculiar for other salary structures like CONRAISS that were not considered.
Exactly.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Ejaisky: 7:36pm On May 05
Rinoxy:

Exactly.
I am no longer sure of that. I reached out to friends on the other salary structures and they claimed they have gotten their peculiar.
My MDA is on CONRAISS and will didn't get peculiar allowance.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Rinoxy: 8:57pm On May 05
Ejaisky:

I am no longer sure of that. I reached out to friends on the other salary structures and they claimed they have gotten their peculiar.
My MDA is on CONRAISS and will didn't get peculiar allowance.
I'm also on CONRAISS, we've not been enjoying the 25% increase other structures are enjoying already. But it's our turn now.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by TariqK: 12:34pm On May 06
Nadingo:
We pray IPPIS shakes before the week runs out.
Please how can I reach you?? Can you drop your email?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nadingo: 12:40pm On May 06
TariqK:

Please how can I reach you?? Can you drop your email?
Quote me on a dead thread with your WhatsApp number
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 10:17am On May 13
On another platform I belong to someone said that all other MDAs have received march and April palliative, and that it's only FTIs that government is owing march and April palliative , can anyone in other MDAs confirm this .. thanks
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nadingo: 12:25pm On May 13
Smokey5:
On another platform I belong to someone said that all other MDAs have received march and April palliative, and that it's only FTIs that government is owing march and April palliative , can anyone in other MDAs confirm this .. thanks
I don't think any treasury-funded civil servant has received that of March and April

4 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Ahmed0336(m): 3:25pm On May 13
Smokey5:
Not true. Just few exceptions like FAAN, NIA and few others that are not under ippis or gi...
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by omotolanibaby(f): 9:24pm On May 13
Smokey5:
not true
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Henryjp: 10:40pm On May 16
I told many people here before that the unrealistic amount of 615k can never be achieved by the NLC and TUC but people with a shallow mind keep bragging about it. Now they have see the reality. NLC and TUC are always wasting there time. The only way to achieve this is for them to focus on how to make sure the federal govt reduce fuel price and forget about the minimum wage of a thing

3 Likes

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by nitt: 10:56am On May 17
Henryjp:
I told many people here before that the unrealistic amount of 615k can never be achieved by the NLC and TUC but people with a shallow mind keep bragging about it. Now they have see the reality. NLC and TUC are always wasting there time. The only way to achieve this is for them to focus on how to make sure the federal govt reduce fuel price and forget about the minimum wage of a thing

To be sincere, you come off as highly unintelligent.

Not an insult, just a candid observation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.