Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? - Career (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? (649017 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (271) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by jmaine: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
Humblezick:

But we have not received payslips. Will FG send pay slip? Otherwise, we don't know what is the issue. Meanwhile, are universities entitle to Minimum wage increment? If yes, what's the problem that our minimum wages were paid along side with salaries? Could it be because we are first timer on IPPIS? How about the areas payment, if we are entitle to Minimum wage increment? When would they pay the arears?

Someone help answer these question. I am really confused since I saw my alert yesterday.
I am from federal university. University of Jos particularly.

Na who I go ask? I believe those in the IPPIS should have a clear channel of information exchange..

Hopefully, this week will provide more info than questions.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
Arrears of minimum wage will start dropping fry next week probably on or before Friday
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
From*
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by adesunloye11(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2020
Please how true is this cos we are still yet to get anything.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Smokey5:
Arrears of minimum wage will start dropping fry next week probably on or before Friday

Amen. I pray this should happen, otherwise, what I received yesterday has weaken my spirit and there was a very high hope only to be disappointed.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by dollext: 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
From all indications, after a critical evaluation of d amount i received comparing it with new minimum wage table , i think Minimum wage was paid base on our grade captured by IPPIS team.Pension and Tax was deduction but i don't think its d usual 5.5% that is used to be. and Union level also deducted. some of us in d university were ask not to present our newly promoted levels/steps during d reg in December. I am an accountant i work in d bursary dept.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
*LATEST ON IPPIS*
I talked with Director, IPPIS, on the crisis that has engulfed the payment of our salaries so far, he apologised for this and also pleaded that we should appeal to our members.
He said, the intention was to pay the salary of February, 2020 to test run the platform. They didn't want to risk the full implementation from the first month because of the enormous amount of documents and information that had been processed by very few personnel within a short period,therefore, decided to pushed out the basic and major parts.
He said over ninety thousands nominal roll and payroll of Staff of all Tertiary Institutions were processed.
This will give them solid background and be prepared to go full blast this month.
He promised that proof sheets of February payment will made available to the Bursars early this week for necessary correction, updating or other inputs omitted especially those who were promoted and could not be not paid.The designated Bursary Staff will be trained to handle and continuing further processing of the payroll.
He,therefore, solicits for support and cooperation of the Bursars in ensuring hitch free exercise.
He assured us that all consequential arrears will be paid.
He said all complaints should be directed to the Bursary Department of each University but we should wait for the payslips,which he believes will be made available by Tuesday this week, further, he said that about twelve thousands staff salaries were returned unpaid,maybe either due wrong account numbers or the names submitted do not tally with that of the banks.
DNP (SSANU)
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Samakus:
*LATEST ON IPPIS*
I talked with Director, IPPIS, on the crisis that has engulfed the payment of our salaries so far, he apologised for this and also pleaded that we should appeal to our members.
He said, the intention was to pay the salary of February, 2020 to test run the platform. They didn't want to risk the full implementation from the first month because of the enormous amount of documents and information that had been processed by very few personnel within a short period,therefore, decided to pushed out the basic and major parts.
He said over ninety thousands nominal roll and payroll of Staff of all Tertiary Institutions were processed.
This will give them solid background and be prepared to go full blast this month.
He promised that proof sheets of February payment will made available to the Bursars early this week for necessary correction, updating or other inputs omitted especially those who were promoted and could not be not paid.The designated Bursary Staff will be trained to handle and continuing further processing of the payroll.
He,therefore, solicits for support and cooperation of the Bursars in ensuring hitch free exercise.
He assured us that all consequential arrears will be paid.
He said all complaints should be directed to the Bursary Department of each University but we should wait for the payslips,which he believes will be made available by Tuesday this week, further, he said that about twelve thousands staff salaries were returned unpaid,maybe either due wrong account numbers or the names submitted do not tally with that of the banks.

DNP (SSANU)

The bolded might be the reason some people have not gotten alert yet. Check your IPPIS printout and confirm the details there
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Adoroko10000: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
adesunloye11:
Please how true is this cos we are still yet to get anything.
which bank u dey use
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by freeman500: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
Diamond and Zenith bank have not been paid.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
freeman500:
Diamond and Zenith bank have not been paid.
i
I am on Zenith Bank, I received mine since yesterday.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by freeman500: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
Humblezick:
i
I am on Zenith Bank, I received mine since yesterday.
Which University please?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 7:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
freeman500:

Which University please?
University of Jos.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Adoroko10000: 7:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
diamond bank is yet to recieve,what's all these
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
Humblezick:

But we have not received payslips. Will FG send pay slip? Otherwise, we don't know what is the issue. Meanwhile, are universities entitle to Minimum wage increment? If yes, what's the problem that our minimum wages were paid along side with salaries? Could it be because we are first timer on IPPIS? How about the areas payment, if we are entitle to Minimum wage increment? When would they pay the arears?

Someone help answer these question. I am really confused since I saw my alert yesterday.
I am from federal university. University of Jos particularly.
how much were u paid sir was there any increment
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 8:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
dollext:
From all indications, after a critical evaluation of d amount i received comparing it with new minimum wage table , i think Minimum wage was paid base on our grade captured by IPPIS team.Pension and Tax was deduction but i don't think its d usual 5.5% that is used to be. and Union level also deducted. some of us in d university were ask not to present our newly promoted levels/steps during d reg in December. I am an accountant i work in d bursary dept.
I hope not sir
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
Mrgreatness:
how much were u paid sir was there any increment
No single kobo was added to my salary sir.
I am even afraid with the rumour FEOM my colleagues in the office. Most of them are saying, they said there is no going to be minimum wage increment for universities staff.
How true is this rumour please?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
Humblezick:

No single kobo was added to my salary sir.
I am even afraid with the rumour FEOM my colleagues in the office. Most of them are saying, they said there is no going to be minimum wage increment for universities staff.
How true is this rumour please?

Let me clear the air once and for all!! Minimum wage was added to the salaries paid. My school's bursary payroll officer said so in clear terms.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
Samakus:

Let me clear the air once and for all!! Minimum wage was added to the salaries paid. My school's bursary payroll officer said so in clear terms.

Then how did they come up with the salary calculations? My salary wasn't paid up to what I received last month. So where is the balance of my salary and the minimum wage? Addition of these will get me up to roughly 130k and I was paid 94k. So where did almost 40k disappear to?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by awele186: 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
Seems many of you don't know how ippis works. Your various institutions (ASUU) would have to get approval from national salary and wages commission which would now be forwarded to ippis. The commissions act says that no Agency should pay themselves any allowances without permission from them. This would take care of all irregularities. Before different universities pay themselves different salaries but now it would be uniform
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 9:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
Minimum wage arrears have not been paid ......the arrears will start dropping from tomorrow or before Friday
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
IzuDestiny:

Then how did they come up with the salary calculations? My salary wasn't paid up to what I received last month. So where is the balance of my salary and the minimum wage? Addition of these will get me up to roughly 130k and I was paid 94k. So where did almost 40k disappear to?

My dear, I wish I have answers to your questions. I'm as pained as you because I have always believed that IPPIS will make things sweeter for us but on the face of it, it seems I'm mistaken
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
IzuDestiny:

What's your institution, level and step?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 9:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Smokey5:
Minimum wage arrears have not been paid ......the arrears will start dropping from tomorrow or before Friday

Where do you people get this information from? As in, the authority with which you people say these things makes one wonder if this is official. Please do well to at least put your source.

Make una no raise person hopes again
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2020
Samakus:

Akuko
he don't know what he is saying bro
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2020
Mrgreatness:
Akuko
he don't know what he is saying bro

You know more than someone that was, before this month, paying me salary on GIFMIS?
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Smokey5: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2020
Pls what's the name of ur institution ....cos I think ur being misinformed about d minimum wage arrears payment
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Humblezick(m): 7:32am On Mar 16, 2020
Samakus:

Where do you people get this information from? As in, the authority with which you people say these things makes one wonder if this is official. Please do well to at least put your source.

Make una no raise person hopes again

My dear, my hope has finished highing already.
I pray all these information.
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by slenjaman(m): 8:17am On Mar 16, 2020
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Samakus(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2020
Smokey5:
Pls what's the name of ur institution ....cos I think ur being misinformed about d minimum wage arrears payment

Was this question for me?

If it was, let me clear the air. I never talked about minimum wage arrears. I only told who cared to listen that I got valid information that the salary we just received included minimum wage. I don't know when the arrears will be paid. But you said this week, so I asked how authentic is your information
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by adewale4jesus: 9:30am On Mar 16, 2020
Samakus:

Was this question for me?

If it was, let me clear the air. I never talked about minimum wage arrears. I only told who cared to listen that I got valid information that the salary we just received included minimum wage. I don't know when the arrears will be paid. But you said this week, so I asked how authentic is your information

It's true minimum wage was included minus tax , pension and Union dues
Re: Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? by Mrgreatness(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2020
adewale4jesus:

It's true minimum wage was included minus tax , pension and Union dues
It not true sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (271) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.