Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan (55661 Views)

Lagos Bye-Election: I Was Rigged Out – Gbadamosi Reacts To Results / Babatunde Gbadamosi Arrested For Attending Funke Akindele's Party Amid Lockdown / Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Joe Igbokwe's Confirmation As Special Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Racoon(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2019
Buhari ordered release of Sowore, Dasuki to divert attention from attempt to kill Jonathan – Gbadamosi

Babatunde Gbadamosi, former governorship candidate of the Action Democratic Party, ADP, in Lagos State, has given real reason the federal government ordered the release of former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki and convener of #RevolutionNow, Omoyele Sowore.

The Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami, in a statement released on Tuesday, ordered the release of Dasuki and Sowore.

Malami said the decision to release Sowore and his co-accused was in compliance with the bail granted the two by the court.

DAILY POST recalls that Sowore has been in custody of the Department of State Service, DSS, since he called for a revolution earlier in the year despite being granted bail by the court.

Gbadamosi, while reacting, applauded the Federal Government over the release of Dasuki and Sowore from ‘illegal detention’

He, however, noted that their release was vacillated to “divert attention of Nigerians from last night’s unsuccessful attempt on the life of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.”

On his official Twitter page, he wrote: “I cautiously celebrate the announcement that the FG has ordered the release of Omoyele Sowore and Colonel Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) from illegal detention by the DSS. My cautious approach is based on the diabolical precedents of this tyrannical Buhari government.

“Thank God for the announcement of the release of Sowore and Dasuki, but I cannot shake the feeling that it was announced to divert attention from last night’s unsuccessful attempt on the life of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.”

DAILY POST had reported that unknown gunmen attacked the courtyard of former President Goodluck Jonathan situated close to the bank of the river at Otuoke, Ogbia Local Government Area, Bayelsa State on Tuesday

A soldier was killed while about three of the gunmen were also killed by the soldiers, who foiled their attempt to break into the former president’s house.

The gunmen were said to have come through the river on five speedboats and opened fire on the soldiers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2019/12/24/buhari-ordered-release-of-sowore-dasuki-to-divert-attention-from-attempt-to-kill-jonathan-gbadamosi/amp/

26 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by idid: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2019
Hmmm, with the killer government in the seat of power, anything is possible.

187 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by healthserve(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
Unsubstantiated claim. Yes this administration is somehow but let's not ply the road of using any tool in desperation to achieve anything

I expect the home of the president to have atleast 50 solar night-time enabled cctv cameras. No need for noise they should have released videos and made arrests by now. Traced the bank accounts of the suspects and call records of the faces that turn up on the cctv footage

The home of the extelecom boss Ndukwe is almost a completely rigged server station. So I wonder why a president should be lesser. By now arrests ought to have been made with the IG making a speech the next day to this effect.

190 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by helinues: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
Say wailers no go give excuses about the Dasuki and Sowore release, I go bend

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Racoon(m): 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
Though unconnected but an attempt was truly made on the life of the former President ystdy and the govt choose to obey court orders of many years today.Fingers crossed!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Racoon(m): 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Say wailers no go give excuses about the Dasuki and Sowore release, I go bend
[/s]
The government is not doing the accused or Nigeria any favour because the law has long granted them bail since they are yet to be convicted.However, the lawless govt as usual choose to keep them illegally without trial for longer duration than necessary.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by idid: 5:59pm On Dec 24, 2019
Yes, unsubstantiated..

How is it that you people won't allow people to reason the way they want anymore, let him say it as it is. It's his human right.
If you have any contrast opinion, let's hear it. Maybe you can start by explaining who was trying to kill Jonathan...

What can this stupid administration not do..

healthserve:
Unsubstantiated claim. Yes this administration is somehow but let's not ply the road of using any tool in desperation to achieve anything

I expect the home of the president to have atleast 50 solar night-time enabled cctv cameras. No need for noise they should have released videos and made arrests by now. Traced the bank accounts of the suspects and call records of the faces that turn up on the cctv footage

The home of the extelecom boss Ndukwe is almost a completely rigged server station. So I wonder why a president should be lesser. By now arrests ought to have been made with the IG making a speech the next day to this effect.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by healthserve(m): 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
idid:
Yes, unsubstantiated..

How is it that you people won't allow people to reason the way they want anymore, let him say it as it is. It's his human right.
If you have any contrast opinion, let's hear it. Maybe you can start by explaining who was trying to kill Jonathan...

What can this stupid administration not do..

We owe it ourselves the nation and to posterity to stand against tyranny. Till today I'm angry at how Alex Badeh died and not even this one. But unless there's leads, it's reckless to speak directly accusing a or no of such a hefty atrocity. The president should have atleast 50 cctv cameras in his house and should have state security protection. I repeat by now shaking ought to have occurred. Ordinary Arnold Schwarzenger a young dude tried to mess up in SouthAfrica got himself arrested almost immediately. Retired or sitting president this is huge and shouldn't be taken lightly. But the president's securities and the nation's security apparatus should have done something by now.

Ordinary ultra violet lights would have been used to collect biometrics, human parts along with cctv footage. And by now, those guys would have been toast.

Not all people can be messed with. I'm one. This one is on the ex-President Jo and current security apparatus own the shots. And not speculators

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
The Fear of the United States.

Where is Femi Adesina who asked if the US is the world police?

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by sammyj: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2019
Hope this man is not going nuts. The Family should take him for a check up. My advice anyways!! shocked Both men would still be rotting their ass in jail if not for the intervention of US the Nigeria government is not afraid of!!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by pfadom: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2019
Will this idiot with vocal diarrhea keep quiet and allow reason to prevail for once?

All because you are a perennial gubernatorial casualty in Lagos. Will you just find better job doing than this consistent venomous vomits emanating from your mouth.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by idid: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
See you missed the point

It is not the failure of Jonathan's own security failure or not that is being discussed; he obviously has armed security men and I believe that he has some security technology attached to his home too as ex president. The point here is that, this reckless government could be behind the whole security breach and maybe not. I hope you didn't miss this part where he said "My cautious approach is based on the diabolical precedents of this tyrannical Buhari government".

And yes, it is possible. Yesterday, some armed thugs representing the president went to disrupt a peaceful protest by people campaigning for freedom and rule of law. Thieves went to kill a soldier and some armed security and you don't want people to raise questions such as the one Gbadamosi raised. I don't necessarily agree to his views and theory, but this is called the public sphere where every theory is in the open and discussed.

Don't tell people to keep quiet. I would rather you suggest plausible explanations and nuances to what has happened.

We live in repressive times, and anything can happen.

healthserve:

We owe it ourselves the nation and to posterity to stand against tyranny. Till today I'm angry at how Alex Badeh died and not even this one. But unless there's leads, it's reckless to speak directly accusing a or no of such a hefty atrocity. The president should have atleast 50 cctv cameras in his house and should have state security protection. I repeat by now shaking ought to have occurred. Ordinary Arnold Schwarzenger a young dude tried to mess up in SouthAfrica got himself arrested almost immediately. Retired or sitting president this is huge and shouldn't be taken lightly. But the president's securities and the nation's security apparatus should have done something by now.

Ordinary ultra violet lights would have been used to collect biometrics, human parts along with cctv footage. And by now, those guys would have been toast.

Not all people can be messed with. I'm one. This one is on the ex-President Jo and current security apparatus own the shots. And not speculators

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by healthserve(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
idid:
See you missed the point

It is not the failure of Jonathan's own security failure or not that is being discussed; he obviously has armed security men and I believe that he has some security technology attached to his home too as ex president. The point here is that, this reckless government could be behind the whole security breach and maybe not. I hope you didn't miss this part where he said "My cautious approach is based on the diabolical precedents of this tyrannical Buhari government".

And yes, it is possible. Yesterday, some armed thugs representing the president went to disrupt a peaceful protest by people campaigning for freedom and rule of law. Thieves went to kill a soldier and some armed security and you don't want people to raise questions such as the one Gbadamosi raised. I don't necessarily agree to his views and theory, but this is called the public sphere where every theory is in the open and discussed.

Don't tell people to keep quiet. I would rather you suggest plausible explanations and nuances to what has happened.

We live in repressive times, and anything can happen.

Also, don't forget the fact that the FG has not re

My dear. Even ordinary rich men have fully enabled technological se urity with private servers. Let's start from here and a forensic audit of the house. And not rants. Let's start being very very diligent in our approach to things abeg.

I'm a Bayelsa man and yes I have misgivings about this administration but it shouldn't degenerate into pure hatred. If there are substantive claims yes let's call them out. Otherwise let's tred cautiously. We're all on this ship. If e start now they'll be casualties on all sides. Let's be guided and responsible.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by idid: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
My problem is that you are missing the point - still.

Look, let's assume that Jonathan's security apparatus was weak, it is still right for us to question the politics around the event that happened - that is, the invasion of his home by thieves.

Focus on the politics now, not the security or Jonathan's own possible undoing.

I have one question for you, why did the alleged invasion of Jonathan's home happened a night before the release of Sambo Dasuki, are you aware that Dasuki has been in detention for close to 5 years now. Even when the court ordered his release, the government failed. So why now? What do you think about it?

For me, something is fishy and by the way, all those technological apparatuses you are talking about can be breaches in the nick of seconds.

I appreciate your view about technology as a technologist myself but I think that relying on it, will not be the best - given the possibility of breaches that can happen. And when you talk about latest technology, what does the Otuoke man know about it anyway.

healthserve:

My dear. Even ordinary rich men have fully enabled technological se urity with private servers. Let's start from here and a forensic audit of the house. And not rants. Let's start being very very diligent in our approach to things abeg.

I'm a Bayelsa man and yes I have misgivings about this administration but it shouldn't degenerate into pure hatred. If there are substantive claims yes let's call them out. Otherwise let's tred cautiously. We're all on this ship. If e start now they'll be casualties on all sides. Let's be guided and responsible.

9 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by healthserve(m): 6:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
idid:
My problem is that you are missing the point - still.

Look, let's assume that Jonathan's security apparatus was weak, it is still right for us to question the politics around the event that happened - that is, the invasion of his home by thieves.

Focus on the politics now, not the security or Jonathan's own possible undoing.

I have one question for you, why did the alleged invasion of Jonathan's home happened a night before the release of Sambo Dasuki, are you aware that Dasuki has been in detention for close to 5 years now. Even when the court ordered his release, the government failed. So why now? What do you think about it?

For me, something is fishy and by the way, all those technological apparatuses you are talking about can be breaches in the nick of seconds.

I appreciate your view about technology as a technologist myself but I think that relying on it, will not be the best - given the possibility of breaches that can happen. And when you talk about latest technology, what does the Otuoke man know about it anyway.

Have you experienced law case in high profile case. Did you watch the O. J SIMPSON case atall. So on the night of Sowore release this happened and automatically its assumed to be the next imagination. Trust me every man has enemies.

I can list a few of GEJ's enemies

The exgovernor

Aggrieved PDP members of his state loyal to the governor going out

Some elements in this administration

Some elements from the e governors clan name it

Have you turned into a zoo where people are arrested based on mere reasoning. If we all had our assumed enemies jailed no one would be walking freely in the country

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Sirjamo: 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
The only people that would want Pres. Jonathan dead at this moment is his fellow Poverty Development Party members, he was instrumental to their destruction in Bayelsa state.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by somtookeke(m): 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
*why Sowore, Dasuki have been set free by the federal government*

https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/why-sowore-dasuki-have-been-set-free-by.html

*Share, like, Comment*

1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 24, 2019
They came with speed boats and opened fire on soldiers means it's a joke by a nobody.
No serious minded person wants GEJ dead trust me. If a real hunter is deployed to take GEJ down, you won't hear any other noise except the gun shot at his head.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Olugbanko: 10:25pm On Dec 24, 2019
This isn't even fit for the trash bin!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
We are back to the military regime

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by bindukwe(m): 12:43am On Dec 25, 2019
This is an unguarded statement.

This brother has to be careful with his accusations, don't let hate take your rationality.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by itsme01: 1:41am On Dec 25, 2019
PDP sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Omenkanauzu: 1:44am On Dec 25, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
PDP sef
[/s]
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by micchi(m): 3:54am On Dec 25, 2019
Nobody is save again in this useless adminstration God help us

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by OBUKSBAYELSA: 6:03am On Dec 25, 2019
APC can do anything. Fifth Columnist in Government trying hard to put a wedge between Dickson and Jonathan, all in a bid to justify the electoral malfeasance in Bayelsa State. The story in Bayelsa is the only way to access Otueke is through Nembe, so who carried this dastardly act to rope PDP? Time will tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Noerection: 6:53am On Dec 25, 2019
Pig brain

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:01am On Dec 25, 2019
healthserve:

Have you experienced law case in high profile case. Did you watch the O. J SIMPSON case atall. So on the night of Sowore release this happened and automatically its assumed to be the next imagination. Trust me every man has enemies.

I can list a few of GEJ's enemies

The exgovernor

Aggrieved PDP members of his state loyal to the governor going out

Some elements in this administration

Some elements from the e governors clan name it

Have you turned into a zoo where people are arrested based on mere reasoning. If we all had our assumed enemies jailed no one would be walking freely in the country

Very Intelligent Dude you are. I just have to follow your handle

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:04am On Dec 25, 2019
idiid:
Hmmm, with the killer government in the seat of power, anything is possible.
Yeah, and the soldiers of the same killer government foiled the attack killing three of the attackers.

That is how a hate filled bigoted soul reasons.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by orisa37: 7:39am On Dec 25, 2019
Release me by granting full Autonomy to our 36 Constitutional States
Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:50am On Dec 25, 2019
Bubu never finish with him legacy

Is this the security you promised

3 Likes

Re: Babatunde Gbadamosi Reacts To Sowore & Dasuki Release, Talks About Jonathan by rusher14: 8:34am On Dec 25, 2019
J111333:
They came with speed boats and opened fire on soldiers means it's a joke by a nobody.
No serious minded person wants GEJ dead trust me. If a real hunter is deployed to take GEJ down, you won't hear any other noise except the gun shot at his head.

Exactly my thought.

I think it was a message from people Jonathan knows.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Armed Forces Deployed In Lagos (pictures) / Northern Governors Arrive Abia State After IPOB Clash With Military. Photos / Tinubu Media Director, Onanuga, Mistakenly Shares Post Campaigning For Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.