Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,452 members, 7,911,109 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 03:19 AM

Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt (757 Views)

Herbalist Impersonates GMD NNPC, Femi Adesina, Others, Dupes Foreigner Of N30m / Alfa Dupes Lady Of N500,000 After Engaging Her In ‘Sex Deliverance’ / Man Dupes Friend N2.4m, Sets Him Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt by dipoolowoo: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2019
By Dipo Olowookere

A man carrying out banking business without license and obtaining money by false pretence to the tune of N5.1 billion has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The suspect, Mr Suani Neenwi, a Ponzi scheme operator, was arraigned before Justice I. M Sani of the Federal High Court sitting in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Monday on a three-count charge by the anti-graft agency.
ALSO READ Nigeria Loses $157bn to Illicit Financial Flows in Nine Years

It was said that Mr Neenwi operated two companies; Bluekey Technologies Nigeria Limited and Cityclyk Bluekey Payment to defraud unsuspecting members of the general public. The EFCC informed the court that these two firms were run as a pseudo bank, with money taken from depositors, who were promised to receive 10 percent returns on their investments every week.
ALSO READ BREAKING: Oyo Govt Demolishes Yinka Ayefele's Music House

But the business soon went awry and the EFCC was invited to salvage the situation. He was subsequently apprehended and taken to court yesterday.

At the arraignment on Monday, the agency said the suspect committed an offence contrary to Section 1 (1) (a) of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act No. 14, 2006 and punishable under Section 1(3) of the same Act.

https://businesspost.ng/general/man-dupes-depositors-n5bn-in-port-harcourt/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt by wilsonchilboy(m): 10:36pm On Dec 24, 2019
U mean dis man is in this Port Harcourt with me and i no know� how will i now get my share

1 Like

Re: Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt by rusher14: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
5 billion.
shocked

You are indeed a chairman.
Re: Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt by tit(f): 3:45am On Dec 25, 2019
How is this case money laundering now?
Re: Man Dupes Depositors N5bn In Port Harcourt by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2019
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Woman Dragged, Pull Off Wig From A Lady, Calls Her Husband Snatcher. VIDEO / Woman Sentenced To Death For Pushing Husband To Death / 62-year-old Woman Bags 35 Years Jail Term For Robbery, In Kenya(photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.