Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken (54685 Views)

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Pastor Ejike Nwachukwu Rejects SUV And ₦4million From Suspected Fraudsters / TB Joshua Refuses Offering 'Of Millions' In UK, Says 'Give It To Your Neighbour' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Charleys: 7:34am On Dec 25, 2019
I have a small poultry,
My chicken had grown to an enormous size because I fed them well.

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Fast forward to the afternoon, I suspected.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.

At least she should have thrown it elsewhere not the general dustbin

The chicken that I would have sold for #7000 and make money from it.

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

Ooh, I am so angry right now.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

If I knew I would have sold it and take my girl out this Christmas,

215 Likes 17 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by blazepascal(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2019
Ooh that person must refund that chicken oo pple dey find meat we dem go chop another person dey waste am

158 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by hisgrace090: 7:52am On Dec 25, 2019
There are so many people that does that this days.

And their reason is nothing but fear and its not so good to me.

So many rich men in the south east use to donate cows and other items to their people today being 25th of December for Christmas's celebration but with time the people stops eating saying they've found out that those chiefs use to take their destiny with those gift, it's that bad.

In some areas its hard to give out generously do to fear of being labelled a ritualist and the move is against God himself who ask us to always give to those in need.

May God help us!

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Izabel(f): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2019
When me i did not see chicken,someone rebuffed a benevolent gesture that's very bad of her

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Nobody: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2019
Though it might seem painful, but remove your mind from it.

A Great fool is always Ungrateful... She'll definitely answer her creator.

270 Likes 13 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Charleys: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2019
hisgrace090:

If she's afraid why didn't she reject the gift... After all the poultry is in the compound... What will she think i did to the chicken.. it's a normal chicken that I fed with my hard earned money. She knows it too.

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LegendaryLover(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2019
some years back, that's how a neighbor gave my aunt fried rice and meat on a christmas day. My aunt threw the food away. The neighbor later found it in the bin and took offence. Lol...
This is someone that the children will come to our house then and play with us ooo. But fear no allow my aunt eat the food.

OP no vex. I'm sure it's nothing personal. It's just the times we're living in.

Just learn say that one no dey accept gifts. Then next time don't give am, unless she change towards u.

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by StrikeBack(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2019
Op where is your location

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LegendaryLover(m): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:

If she's afraid why didn't she reject the gift... After all the poultry is in the compound... What will she think i did to the chicken.. it's a normal chicken that I fed with my hard earned money. She knows it too.

Maybe she feels it'll look bad if she reject ur gift

12 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by LegendaryLover(m): 8:19am On Dec 25, 2019
StrikeBack:
Op where is your location

u want collect ur own "gift"?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by StrikeBack(m): 8:22am On Dec 25, 2019
LegendaryLover:

u want collect ur own "gift"?
You wan give me gift?

Biko I need loads of them

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by internationalman(m): 8:25am On Dec 25, 2019
you have given her, whatever she chooses to do with it shouldn't be your concern.. though it's painful doing good for someone who doesn't deserve it...

on a second thought is the chicken beyond redemption in the dustbin if you know what i mean...

if it's not too late carry your chicken and eat it.

159 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Charleys: 8:26am On Dec 25, 2019
I don't know if this is the right place to complain. I need advice on what to do.

I wanted to ask her

4 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Apus: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2019
hisgrace090:

There are levels to this fear na... live chicken for that matter! Such person is even capable of hurting another.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Charleys: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by uboma(m): 9:27am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I don't know if this is the right place to complain. I need advice on what to do.

I wanted to ask her

There is nothing wrong if you ask her why she thrashed your gift to her. It's better you have the discussion with her than bottle it up and hold grudges.

230 Likes 17 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Slawormir: 11:03am On Dec 25, 2019
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Lets see the pictures of the chicken

That is how you people will be gifting people birds and call it chicken

22 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:03am On Dec 25, 2019
tchidi066:
Na wa o, she is a callous person... Why not give it out if you know you don't want the gift, there are so many people out there who need such, if i were op i'll take offense angry angry angry
Hmmm, here comes the Chief Justice of the Federation!
You don't know whatever issue they have between them and you are already judging issues.
It is well o Chidi!

@OP,
I felt something when I gave a particular neighbour. She accepted but the happiness wasn't genuine because I saw it in her eyes.

Later went to the dustbin to see my lovely chicken dead and thrown in the dustbin. My mind just told me.
Well, until we know what the relationship between you and your neigbour was prior the Christmas chicken incident,
There is little or nothing we can comment about the poor dead chicken.

Even a mad man or woman won't just kill an innocent chicken and throw it in the dustbin on Christmas day if there is nothing hidden or unknown to outsiders.
Complete your story next time Father Xmas!

There goes a beautiful chicken that would have gone well on the grills.
What a pity!

See as better Chicken stand on top fire nah!
She gallant die!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by ednut1(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2019
Humans sha. No one send u message . Nxt time sell your thing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Mac2016(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2019
Okay
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by PointZerom: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2019
The moment you gave out the chicken it is no longer yours and the new owner (your neighbor) has every right to do whatever he wants with the chicken.

He may be a babalawo and has decided to sacrifice the animal to the gods.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by tstx(m): 11:04am On Dec 25, 2019
K
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by sunshineV(f): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2019
You've done your part and your creator will appreciate your kind gesture.

Just credit my bet9ja account

5 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Muhylonaire(m): 11:05am On Dec 25, 2019
At least you have done what was expected of you. Let her conscience judge her.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by tstx(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2019
hisgrace090:

Many Christians do same during sallah

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Sinple:

Its either she thinks she is a wizard or she is a witch herself
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by jrerico1(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2019
It's not nice to reject that present as a Christian this festive season.She don't trust you so she just decided to play along. You have to be careful and prayerful

9 Likes

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by winar(m): 11:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:
I have a small poultry,
My chicken had grown to an enormous size because I fed them well.

Come 24th of December. I sold some and decided to give some to my neighbour because I thought I will be a greedy person if I don't do so.

At least she should have thrown it elsewhere not the general dustbin

Why didn't she kindly reject it, rather than take my Christmas chicken, kill and throw it into the dustbin.

I don't know what to do if I should confront her or I should just foam in anger just like that.

I can definitely say it's because your poultry is a discomfort to them. The smell and everything. It can cause resentment.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by updatechange(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
picture or idonbilivt.
Re: When A Neighbour Rejects That Christmas Chicken by Mac2016(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2019
Charleys:

The woman in question is more angry than you could ever get and she's so bitter about something. I doubt if it is religion based!
My guesses: possibly your fowls where hosted within her proximity and they gave her a hellish time during their rearing period.. Foul fowl poop, odoriferous environment etc to mention little! She might have complained at a point to you before, most probably, and you felt unconcerned..
You completed the rearing and the poultry was successful.. And made you richer while she's poor (now she's thinks it is all at her expense/detriment). She could also not reject your gift to your face possibly cos you're an influential figure or a mouthed fellow (with some sort of community followers/supporters supporting you "unduly".. "Unduly" to her)
You have just two choices about her but don't make it messy.. Maybe to take steps to endear her or totally ignore her.. Don't accost her! My opinion tho grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Wale Gates Post: Women, Bible, Husbands, Maids, SideChick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.