Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,957 members, 7,879,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:21 AM

70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? (1902 Views)

How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. / Shehu Yar'adua And Buhari At A Wedding Event Years Back (Throwback Pic) / Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by docokwy(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2007
I lambasted Ojukwu for wanting to rule Nigeria at  more than 70.

I lambasted Buhari's vice (Ume Ezuoke) for wanting to be VP at more than 70.

I hate it when oldies who should sit and advise, want to dabble into what they are no longer suitable for.

That is my grouse, which has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Apparently some people benefit from such arragement, whereas even Northern youths are against it.

What a shame.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Afam(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2007
docokwy:

Normally, I do not respond to rats of the hue of Afam (or whatever), one of such whom I since considered a lost cause. Just this once, and I am done with it.

So what happened this time around? You could not hide your stupidity or what? What you consider is totally inconsequential, it seems you may be thinking way too much of yourself.

docokwy:

I lambasted Ojukwu for wanting to rule Nigeria at more than 70.

I hate it when oldies who should sit and advise, want to dabble into what they are no longer suitable for.

Apparently some people benefit from such arragement, whereas even Northern youths are against it.

What a shame.

And who the hell are you to state that you lambasted Mr A or Mr B? Who cares? Get busy with something and stop ridiculing yourself with this false sense of importance you are bestowing on yourself.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by NymphoQin(f): 4:45pm On May 27, 2007
lmao, you never know he may be a hot shot or is it big shot in Naija, undecided
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 27, 2007
docokwy:

I lambasted Ojukwu for wanting to rule Nigeria at  more than 70.

What a shame.

My dear you are dead on point. Obasanjo lost TWICE in his hometown of Abeokuta where i come from. He lost in the voting ward right in front of his house in Owu in both the 99 and 03 elections! It had NOTHING to do with ethnicity but about people refusing to vote in an 80yr old failure!
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Backslider(m): 9:32am On May 28, 2007
@Mr Docokwy

You have to understand something That because you Criticize people from your ethnic persuasion does not give you the right to use "HAUSA WASTED" years as though no other person from all other ethnic persuasion partook in the evil that happened in the land.

You see there is an example in so many posts on nairaland.

For example:
Some one will say I am yoruba and this is what I know of my people They are this and that. SO THAT WHEN THAT SAME PERSON CONDEMNS A WHOLE TRIBE OR ETHNIC PERSUASION YOU WILL BE FORCED TO AGREE WITH HIM BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY MADE A GUINEA GOAT OF HIS ETHNIC GROUPING.

SEE:

Mr Ugo may say in a conversation with Alhaji yusuf "Igbo are very selfish or will do anything for money" Alhaji Yusuf may say "I have met with a lot of Igbo guys and I think they are Honest"
Watch What Mr Ugo will do He will say that there are some that are Good and Alhaji will have to try and agree and say there are few that are Bad.

The fact is that The TRIBE DOES NOT MAKE YOU BAD OR GOOD. THE PERSON ON TRIAL THERE IS NOT IGBO PEOPLE but RATHER THE CONSCIENCE OF ALHAJI YUSUF TO BELIEVE ANYTHING HE HEARS MR UGO SAYING.

THIS IS WHAT THE ELITE PLAY AMONG THEMSELVES. THEY TRY TO PATRONIZE YOU WITH THE STEREOTYPE THAT HAS BEEN PUT OUT THERE IF YOU FALL YOU WILL NOW LOOK AT THE PERSON AS BALANCED AND NOT BIASED.

THIS SYSTEM WAS USED TO COLONIZE US LOOK AT THE MEDIA YOU SEE THIS BEING USED VERY WELL.

AS LONG I AM ON NAIRALAND I WILL FIGHT ANY ONE THAT PREACHES ETHNOCENTRISM.

BE WARY OF A MAN THAT CRITICIZE HIS OWN ETHNIC PERSUASION HE IS WORSE THAN A DOUBLE AGENT.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Afam(m): 10:15am On May 28, 2007
Tell them make them hear, all ye ethnic and tribal warlords make una go rid unaself of all the deep rooted hatred una get for others kia kia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Becomerich A Beninoise Or Nigerian? / Three Signs That Goodluck Jonathan Is Politically Naive / Two Nigerians Save The Life Of Sa Rugby Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.