Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,625 members, 7,888,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:08 PM

Jinx Gone Wrong - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jinx Gone Wrong (1654 Views)

Wedding Night Gone Wrong E7 - The Call / MY CAMPUS LIFE: A Love Gone Wrong {18+ AN EMOTIONAL STORY TO READ} / NADIA AND ETHAN (marriage Contract Gone Wrong) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
�Jinx Gone Wrong�

✍�By Nwauwa Miriam Chigozirim

Mimi’s fantasy series�
Book #1

�°•Synopsis°•�

Guys, do you know what it is to obey every single command given to you? And there’s nothing you can do about it…

Do you know what it feels like to do things that’s irrelevant, simply because it’s a command?

Do you know what it feels like to experience pain, not just any pain…blinding, gut wrenching pain whenever I try to resist and disobey any command or order?

That has been my plight since I was born seventeen years ago..

∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆•∆

Seventeen years ago, the witches of Haven were trying to subdue a rebel witch, sarafina, the rebel witch was very stubborn and refused to take orders from their new superior.

The witches decided to use the obedience spell on her. The obedience spell when cast on you, makes you obey every command from everybody.

And then there’s a bad side…

The spell could be rectified, so it’s safe to say that the spell lasted for…. Ever�

What happens when the spell that was meant for Sarafina accidentally hits a pregnant woman?

What will be the fate of the woman and her baby?

Where will they get the antidote for the spell from?

Find out in this romance fantasy from author Mimi

Excerpt from the story.

…..

When I entered the class, I realized, with a little gasp of horror, that lectures had already begun.

About 100+ pairs of eyes turned to look at me when I entered the class.

Blimey! Shoot me already�

I made to sneak to my seat, hoping the teacher won’t notice my infamous entrance.

“Miss Hermione O’Connell?”
The teacher’s stern voice floated to me.

Ugh!�

I turned around to look at her, pasting my most sweetest smile on my face.
Her wrinkled face wrinkled into more Iines.

“You’re two minutes late.” She said it as though it was a question..

Yeah, that’s because I was busy ogling at Jason�

“I’m sorry ma’am, I got a little carried away by something on my way to class.” I said in my most gentle voice.
I heard a loud snicker, I rolled my eyes.
Dumb classmates!

“That’s no valid excuse Miss O’Connell.” She fumed.

“That’s why I’m sorry.” I said, unperturbed, my smile never leaving my face.

“Did you do your assignment?”

“Yes madam.”

“Show me.”

Geez, did she think I’m lying or something�
I never joke with my assignment.
I brought it out and showed her, she looked it over and snorted loudly.

“You’re lucky you did your homework, Or else you’d have earned yourself a two hour detention.” She continued as she gave me back my book.

“I’m always lucky ma.” I said cheekily, diluting it with my sweet smile. The teaches teachers stare hardened.

“I hope your luck keep shining on.” She muttered.

“I hope so too.”

“Now hop to your sit!” She said sharply.

Shoot!! Not now!! That’s a fucking command!!

My legs suddenly seemed to have developed a mind of it’s own, I felt this urge, no, not urge, this force, impelling me to hop, hop, hop…

I tried to resist the urge, I felt immense pain on my ankle, pain, I felt like they were cutting my ankle with a thousands sharp saw. A sharp hiss of pain escaped my lips, I immediately stopped fighting the force. I began to hop to my seat, like a grasshopper.
The pain stopped immediately I started hopping.

The whole class erupted in laughter, some banged their fist on the table, laughing hard. I had to laugh, to cover up, I joined them and laughed.
Everyone thinks I’m intentionally doing this, they don’t know the pain I’m undergoing…

I hopped to my seat, immediately i reached my seat, the force let go of me. I slowly lowered my butt on the seat, my fake smile still plastered on my face.

“This is not a joke Miss O’Connell!” The teacher said, banging her fist on the table, trying to dispel the chaos in the classroom.

Yeah, I don’t find it funny too….
You wouldn’t want to miss this story guys…

source: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/jinx-gone-wrong/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 26, 2019
ann2012 izaray oghenekome51 Grilliam Vibesvbs queenitee Divepen1 Eternitymedia88 Lookwise

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by queenitee(f): 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
Here, here and this is nice. Poor girl, jinx has started work already.
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Vibesvbs(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
emperorblog21:
ann2012
izaray
oghenekome51
Grilliam
Vibesvbs
queenitee
Divepen1
Eternitymedia88
Lookwise
I'm following shocked

2 Likes

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 27, 2019
�jinx gone wrong�

By Nwauwa Miriam C.

�Chapter 1�

♋6 years later♋

~Hermione~

Life, they say, is not a bed of roses. My life,-sighs�- has not really been rosy. My life has been thorny, thorniest, than anybody’s life.

My name is Hermione Donovan, I turned 6 last two week, and my mom keeps reminding me everyday that I’m a special child.

Special? I know you’re wondering what kind of special huh? Don’t worry, you’ll soon know in the cause of my story.

My mom and I lived with her new husband, Mr Greg Williams. My dad two Years after I was born, so my mom remarried on my sixth birthday, that’s two weeks ago. Mr Greg is a divorcée with girl twins. The twins were about my age, their names were Chloe and Clara. Chloe was a meanie, she made it obvious from the beginning that she never liked me.

Clara was… Well…playful, careless with this charming carefree attitude of hers. I got along very well with Clara, though my mom was always very worried whenever I interacted with other kids.

You see when I was born, my mom said that I was a very, verrry,verrrry obedient baby, and that too, coupled with the fact that a strange thing happened in the hospital on the day I was born.
I’m very obedient, even though I don’t like it, I couldn’t help it either.

So right now, I’m playing outside with Clara. We were playing with our toys.

“Herm!!” My mom called from inside.

“Yes Mommy!” I left Clara outside and ran into the house, wiping my dirty hands on my cloth.

“What are you doing sweetie?” She patted my hair fondly.

“We’re building sand castles outside.” My voice was chirpy, with a big smile plastered on my chubby face.

“Don’t you want to stay inside and watch TV sweetie?” Her forehead was wrinkled into a frown.

“Go away, TV is boring, it’s no fun.” I frowned too.

“Are you sure sweetie? I’m worried you know…”

“You always worry too much mum.” I patted her arn lightly,, she smiled at me

“I do? You’re so cute..why would I not worry? The other kids might make you do things you don’t wanna do.”

“Last time I checked, there was no other kids, you only let me play with Clara. It’s not fair mum.” I whined pathetically like the six-year-old I was.

“You won’t understand sweetie, you won’t.”.

” whatever. ” I rolled my eyes. “Can I go now? Clara will be waiting.”

“Alright sweetie, be safe.” She pinched my cheeks gently, I was already impatient. I skipped merrily to where Clara stood. I discovered that she had destroyed all our sand castle.
When I inquired about why she did that, she retorted: it’s no fun, let’s act queen and maid.

“I’ll be the queen.” I anouced merrily. She scowled at me.

“Last time you were queen, I’ll be the queen this time.”

“Oh…okay.” I shrugged in defeat.

We plucked leaves from a tree and put it inside a little plastic bowl that we had decorated. Then Clara donned an old purple robe that we found in the basement.

“Behold the queen of England!!” I chanted, throwing the flowers before Clara as we marched gracefully to our treehouse.

“Behold the queen of England!!”

We reached our treehouse, Clara sat down on a chair that was also fancily decorated.

“Chelsea!” She stuck her nose into the air. “Where’s my baby? I hope you fed her?” She imitated the British accent.

“Yes milady. I bathed her and Now she’s sleeping peacefully in her royal crib.” I also adopted the stance of a maid.

“Good, now Chelsea, go make me dinner.”

“What will you eat milady?”

“Milk and cookies.”

“Yes milady.” I rushed out and soon came in with our toy cookies and a cup of chalky water.

‘Here’s your dinner milady.” We giggled at that.

She made crunchy sounds like as though she was eating the food. After she was done ‘eating’…

“Chelsea, take this plate away!”

“Yes milady.”

“Come give me a foot rub.”

“Yes milady.”
I bent down. Her legs were very dirty from being in mud for too long. Even mine were like that too…

“Your feet stinks Clara.” I said giggling.

“Really?” She asked in mock coldness. “Kiss it.” Her eyes glistened mischievously.

“What?!” I exclaimed in mock horror.

“I command you to kiss my feet.”

No!

Kiss her feet! Kiss her feet! Kiss it!!!
Voices, eerie, scary voices began to scream into my head. I held my head as a wave of dizziness hit me.

“No!!”

Kiss her feet! Kiss her feet! Kiss her feet! Kiss her feet!

I looked at Clara’s feet, it looked big and ugly. I don’t want to kiss it.

“No!!” I screamed loudly, holding my head tightly. ” I don’t want to kiss her foot!! “

Then I felt it, a very terrible pain that nearly made me pass out.

A scream was birthed in my chest, it pushed out through my throat, forcing my clenched teeth apart and coming out high pitched and frighteningly eerie.

“Herm! Herm! Are you okay?!”

Kiss her legs! Kiss her legs!! Kiss her legs!!

My windpipe blocked, I couldn’t breath, I couldn’t scream, I just rolled on the floor.
I felt myself being lifted up.

“Sweetie! Talk to me!! What did you do to her Clara?!”

Voices echoed in my head as I spiraled into unconsciousness…

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

I woke up, I felt moistness around my eyes, my eyes fluttered open, the moistness rolled down to my cheeks. I looked around the room, I was lying on a bed, neatly tucked in with an azure duvet. My mom was dozing off in an armchair.

“Mom.” I called softly. My voice came out in a wheeze. I cleared my throat loudly. My mom jerked awake.

“Herm…sweetie…” She swooped me into her arm and covered my face with kisses.

“Are you okay sweetie?” Her voice was shaky, I looked into her face, tears were already dropping from her eyes.

“No mom,, Clara told me to kiss her feet, then voices began to scream in my head. They were telling me to kiss her feet, it was very frightening mom.” I trembled slightly, she hugged me tightly.

“I didn’t want to kiss her feet, I told the voices ‘no’ then a strange pain engulfed me, I couldn’t even breath.” I sniffles.

The door opened slightly and Greg came in. He was a tall, gangling man in his late thirties.

“Hey Herm…” He ruffled my hair. “…how are you feeling now?” He sat down on the edge of the bed.

“I’m fine. Where’s Clara?”

“She’s asleep.”
It’s night already?�

“What happened to you buddy? You scared the crap out of everyone.” There was a worried frown on his face.
I opened mouth to tell him exactly what I told my mom, but I felt a sharp pinch. I looked into her face, she frowned at me and mouthed ‘shut up’
I understand what she meant.

*I just felt so dizzy and I fell. ” I lied, looking into his eyes.

“But Clara said that there was a swelling in your neck…”

“It’s just allergies…” Mom cut me off, looking at Greg. ” the pollen dust from the flowers they used to play caused the swelling on her neck. ” mom rubbed her hands through my hair.

“Are you sure you’re okay now?” He stood up from the bed. I smiled at him.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Do you need anything?”

“Uhm…milk?”

“Sure, I’ll go get you a glass.” He smiled before leaving the room. Immediately he left, mom turned to look at me with a stern face.

“You must never tell anybody about the voices you say you hear, okay?” Her voice was tight.

“Why?” I asked innocently.

“Just do as you’re told sweetie, don’t tell anyone.” She crooned, massaging my scalp. “Let this be our little secret.”

“Secret? Is anything wrong with me Mom?” I looked into her face. ” why were the voices screaming in my head? Why were they telling me to do what I don’t want to do?”

She patted my back, a little smile on her face.

“I don’t know too sweetie, we’ll figure it out together.” She pulled me back into her arms.

“I don’t like those voices mommy, they made me afraid.” I stuck a thumb into my mouth.

“I know. I’ll make sure the voices stop, I promise you sweetie…”.

Her voice rang in my head.

��������������

�ELEVEN YEARS LATER�

I stood still, staring at the fresh sand that had been dug out of the grave, holding my umbrella. It was raining, I was dressed in a simple black gown, Greg and his twins were also dressed in black cloths.

I couldn’t cry, I had shed too much tears already. I just felt sore inside.
Everything felt so unfair.
Fate was so cruel. My Mom didn’t have to die, she was the only person I had, the only person I confided in. She didn’t have to develop cancer…

“… We are all assured that she lived a good life and that she’s resting peacefully in paradise…” The priest’s voice rang loudly in my ears.
I stared at the casket that held my mom’s corpse. She had died two weeks ago. She had died of cervical cancer.

Mom you promised you’ll stand by my side, you promised you’ll make the strange voice go away, you promised you’ll find a way to make me normal… You promised…

The raindrops hit the umbrella making some irritating noise. I gripped the handle of the umbrella tightly.
Thunder rumbled gently in the sky as the rain increased.

Mom I’m alone, it’s just me against the world, how am I expected to cope?�

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2019

�Jinx gone wrong�

By Nwauwa Miriam
(Mimi candy�)

�Chapter 2�

�Witches Gathering�

Samantha leaned against the chair, her eyes scanning the room. They were all waiting for Edna to come back from her survey and give them detailed report of how the subjecto was faring.

Laura and Lily chattered quietly to themselves, Candice sat still on her chair, her white hair hanging limply by the side of her head, her eyes closed in meditation. Vydia was busy filing her nail. Samantha glanced impatiently at an old clock that ticked away on the wall. She wondered what could possibly be the cause of Edna’s delay.

The five witches felt Edna’s presence five seconds before she appeared in their midst in a little whirlwind of dust.

“How’s subjecto faring so far Edna?” Samanth asked, even though her face was void of any emotion, her voice was tinged with concern.

“Her mother died two weeks ago. She was buried today.” Edna’s voice was low and sullen. A mournful atmosphere had suddenly taken over the gayness of the little room.

“That’s sad, that’s really sad.” Samantha muttered almost inaudibly to herself.

Things were definitely getting messier, since after the stupid mistake they had made in the hospital. Now that the subject’s mother was dead how was she going to fare now?

The witches had spent seventeen years trying to make an antidote for the ‘obedience spell’. They had made a little progress so far, just that the antidote they had previi made was temporal. They wanted a permanent antidote that’ll completely eliminate the spell.

“Vydia? How’s the antidote coming up?”Samantha asked suddenly.
Vydia stood up quickly, adjusting her black pointy hat.

” it’s coming out fine, but we need time.”

“How much time?”

“Two weeks…or more…”

“Will our subjecto be able to hold on for two weeks?”

“We hope she would, let’s watch and hope…”

°•°Hermione°•°

I stood before the mirror, staring at my reflection as I combed my hair. I was worried, very worried, and afraid too. I’m supposed to resume school today without my mother. For the first time my mom was was not there to fiddle with the collar of my shirt, or rub my hair reassuringly, or give me the usual advice to stay away from people. I quickly dispensed with brushing my hair and applied my makeup. It consisted mainly of eyeliner that helped to accentuate my almond shaped eyes, mascara that helped to thicken my eyelashes, making it look fuller, and then lastly, a simple lip gloss.

I picked up my earpiece, I never go out without either my earpiece, headphone, or airpods.

“Herm! We are leaving!!” Clara shouted from somewhere in the house.

“Coming!!” I yelled back too, as I hurriedly stuffed my books into my bag.
I glanced at my reflection in the mirror again, inhaling sharply.

I can do this! Wish me luck!

With that I stepped out of my room.

Clara and Chloe stood in the sitting room, they were clearly waiting for me. They were identical twins, they looked so much alike and you wouldn’t have noticed any difference if Clara had not dyed the tip of her hair to a bright pink.

Clara was the more outgoing of the twins. She liked noise and partying, she liked drawing attention to herself, she hung out with the hottest, popular kids in school, she wore the coolest, trending outfits, boys, hot boys sought her company.
Chloe was quiet, in fact too quiet. She never smiled, rarely talked to anyone. At first I had thouaght that maybe she didn’t like me, but then I realized that she was like that to everybody, including her twin sister.

“Hey Clara, Chloe, sorry for the delay.” I said breathy. Clara’s face broke into a wide grin, a sympathetic grin.

“C’mon, let’s go.” She smiled, putting her arms around me, leading me out of the house. Chloe was…well�…Chloe, as usual. A black headphone was on her ear.
She was wearing a black boot cut jeans and a black tank top, with a thin jacket. A black Nike sneakers completed her dressing.

Chloe and her penchant for bright colors was putting on a pink, pleated mini skirt with a split neck tunic, and bright pink stiletto heels. Her makeup was not so loud today, she had decided to keep it on the low today.

Me?

I was dressed in bright blue skinny jeans that hugged my thighs and ankles, with a white sneakers. My auburn hair was neatly packed with a ribbon.
We entered the car and Clara drove off to school, loud music blaring from the car’s speakers. We soon arrived at stalwart high school.

I became nervous as I watched students mill around. I took in a slow,deep breath to calm my jittery nerves before coming out of the car. I bid Clara a ‘goodbye’ when I saw her bitch friends begin to crowd around her.
I disliked Clara’s friends, they were mean, nasty and verry rude. I made sure I avoided them like a plague. I moved to my locker and quickly transferred the books from my bag to it. Well I’m actually a loner in school, I have no friends. It’s not something I liked either. I wanted friends, I wanted to party like other teenagers, I wanted to mingle and have fun, just like a normal young girl, but then my weird condition
..it always prevent me from associationg with people.

As i picked a few books and was about to slam my locket shut, I heard footsteps approaching. I turned around sharply, my throat dried up suddenly at what, or rather, who I saw. Jason Ace one of the hot guys in school. He had this curly, everlasting messy hair that made girls drool, or those chiseled biceps of his that made my mouth water, or his athletic toned body that he proudly displayed from his tight body hugging T-shirt.
Gosh�
Did I mention that I have this huge stupid crush on him also?
He’s my locker neighbor, we’ve been locker neighbors since 8th grade. We didn’t really talk much to each other, in fact we never talked to each other at all. He was the arrogant, bossy, snobby, every bad thing you can imagine type, so I’ve learned to keep my distance.

But still, I look forward to seeing his handsome face everyday. I gently closed my locker, just as he opened his. My eyes darted quickly to his locker, where there an obscene drawing of a half nude woman smoking a cigarette, then into his face. My eyes met his for a very quick second, before I looked away, feeling blood rush to my cheeks.

“Hey locker neighbor.” I heard a deep voice drawl out sexily. I froze in mid stride, my hands tightened around my books, almost squashing it.
Did he just say ‘hey’ locker neighbor?
Or maybe I misheard.
I turned around to look at him, he was foraging through his locker, humming a song. When he found what he was looking for, he turned to look at me, with a lopsided grin that nearly made me swoon.

“See ya later.” He said with a wink and brushed past me.
I stood still, stunned,his cologne teased my nostrils, my heart leaped joyously in my chest.

Geez! Is this happiness? I felt like throwing my books away and doing a tango dance and screaming my head off.

Jason talked talked to me…no! He talked and winked at me. I feel like I’m walking on clouds.
A big smile was on my lips as I shuffled to my first class. When I entered the class, I realized, with a little
gasp of horror, that lectures had already begun.
About 100+ pairs of eyes turned to look at me
when I entered the class.

Blimey! Shoot me already

I made to sneak to my seat, hoping the teacher
won’t notice my infamous entrance.

“Miss Hermione Donovan?
The teacher’s stern voice floated to me.

Ugh!

I turned around to look at her, pasting my most
sweetest smile on my face.
Her wrinkled face wrinkled into more Iines.

“You’re two minutes late.” She said it as though
it was a question..

Yeah, that’s because I was busy ogling at Jason

“I’m sorry ma’am, I got a little carried away by
something on my way to class.” I said in my
most gentle voice.
I heard a loud snicker, I rolled my eyes.
Dumb classmates!

“That’s no valid excuse Miss Donovan ” She
fumed.

“That’s why I’m sorry.” I said, unperturbed, my
smile never leaving my face.

“Did you do your assignment?”

“Yes madam.”

“Show me.”
Geez, did she think I’m lying or something
I never joke with my assignment.
I brought it out and showed her, she looked it
over and snorted loudly.

“You’re lucky you did your homework, Or else
you’d have earned yourself a two hour
detention.” She continued as she gave me back
my book.

“I’m always lucky ma.” I said cheekily, diluting it
with my sweet smile. The teaches teachers stare
hardened.

“I hope your luck keep shining on.” She
muttered.

“I hope so too.”

“Now hop to your sit!” She said sharply.

Shoot!! Not now!! That’s a fucking command!!
My legs suddenly seemed to have developed a
mind of it’s own, I felt this urge, no, not urge,
this force, impelling me to hop, hop, hop…
I tried to resist the urge, I felt immense pain on
my ankle, pain, I felt like they were cutting my
ankle with a thousands sharp saw. A sharp hiss
of pain escaped my lips, I immediately stopped
fighting the force. I began to hop to my seat, like
a grasshopper.
The pain stopped immediately I started hopping.
The whole class erupted in laughter, some
banged their fist on the table, laughing hard. I
had to laugh, to cover up, I joined them and
laughed.
Everyone thinks I’m intentionally doing this, they
don’t know the pain I’m undergoing…
I hopped to my seat, immediately i reached my
seat, the force let go of me. I slowly lowered my
butt on the seat, my fake smile still plastered on
my face.

“This is not a joke Miss Donovan!” The teacher
said, banging her fist on the table, trying to
dispel the chaos in the classroom.

Yeah, I don’t find it funny too… I thought glumly to myself.

“Sorry ma’am.” I said remorsely.
It’s not my fault…
The class went on without another hitch, but at least I had learned my lesson. Never to come late to classes again.

�LUNCH TIME�

I sat in the cafe,,as usual, alone, eating my simple lunch of doughnut and orange juice as well as browsing through my phone.
I don’t have any friends, I just stayed on my own, enjoying my phone’s company. My mom always reminded me, when she was alive, to stay away from people, not to associate with anyone. I hated the whole stuff anyways.

I wanted friends, I wanted to go to parties, I wanted to hang out with boys, I wanted to hang out with the popular kids in school…but sadly enough…ugh…that’s not coming anytime soon.
I’ve tried to know the cause of what’s happening to me, I’ve asked my mom, all she told me that something spectacular had happened on the day I was born. She kept on reminding me that I’m special, bla bla blah…

What’s so special about being a slave? I can’t even resist or say ‘no’ to any command, I can’t even crush on anybody.
If a guy liked me and asked me out will I be able to go out with him?

I plugged my ear piece into my ears and picked my delicious looking doughnuts and bit into it, before taking a long sip from my juice. I saw Clara in a table, with her usual entourage. Clara was very popular in school, all the girls in school sought to be her friend.

I felt a shadow upon me, i looked up from my phone.
My eyes met the sexy, chocolate brown eyes of Jason, there was a little smirk etched on his face.
The doughnuts in my mouth immediately became tasteless, my elbow knocked down the cup of juice and it spilled on the table.

“Heeey…sorry…I’ll just…” I broke off my ranting and laughed nervously.

“Can I join you?” His deep voice asked. I blinked at him for a few seconds. Isn’t he supposed to sitting with his friends?

“Sure, please sit…” I was excited, I bit down hard on my lips, trying to suppress the excitement.

He sat down opposite me, careful not to drop his phone on the juice spill.

An overwhelming sense of happiness pushed upward, to my chest, I couldn’t keep off the broad smile off my face, as I stared at him.

“Hermione?” He finally broke the silence. He seemed to be tasting my name in his mouth, running it smoothly over his tongue. I liked it, a thrill coursed through me.

“That’s me.” I managed to sound cool.

“Nice name.”

“Thank you.” I blushed, dipping my head down to stare at my doughnuts.

“What you did in class today…” He laughed. “…that was epic…” He punctured each word with laughter.
I smiled a little. Epic? They all think I did it intentionally, but still… I shrugged.

“It’s good to entertain the class once in a while, besides, Miss Riley is really boring.” I had leaned close to him after the ‘besides’ as though I was about to tell him a secret

He laughed really hard, I smiled as u watched him laugh. He really is adoravlr. Fancy having someone like him as a boyfriend… Bah…Hermione, you’re going too far.

“How come I haven’t spoken to you all this years, since we became locker neighbors?” He asked after he had sobered up. His eyes were glittering, giving him this incredibly smoky, hot look, I slowly licked my lips until it was moist again.

“That’s because you had your head up in the clouds, and I was down to earth…�”
He laughed again, his broad shoulders heaving deliciously, makng the taut fabric of the T-shirt stretch even more.
Everything about him was just so perfect, from his deep musical laughter to the tiny almost invisible stud on his left ear.

“You’re so darn funny Hermione.” He raked his hands through his hair, slowly licking his lips. I nearly drooled

“I know right?”

“Why do you always sit alone? You rarely talk to anyone, maybe if you had friends I’d have noticed you earlier..” I rolled my eyes, before leaning towards my drink, I pulled slightly on my straws with my lips.

“I like solitude.” The lie slid out effortlessly out of my mouth.
I moved my feet smoothly under the table, my feet accidentally brushed his, our eyes met for about three seconds before I looked away, breathless, crimson staining my cheeks.

“That’s one big fat lie.”

“I never knew lies came in sizes.”
I was naturally sarcastic, I can’t help my sarcastic nature when I’m around people.

“C’mon herm, if you had mingled with the other cool kids, I bet you’d be very popular.” I smiled at what he had said.
I do want to be popular, but been popular would expose me, make me vulnerable.

“Like I said, l like my own company. Those girls, they are too noisy and nosy, that’s why I like staying alone.” I continued, my smile refusing to leave my lips.
He shrugged those perfect lips, his eyes flickering to my face.

Just then the stupid bell chose that awful moment to ring.

Ugh!!�couldn’t it wait a little more?

Students had began to mill out of the cafe, he stood up to go, I also stood up, picking up my phone and earpiece.

“So Hermione, I hope your solitude won’t prevent you from attending parties?”

What’s he saying? My heart was already beating quickly in excitement.

“There’s this party that the football team is hosting on Friday, attendance is strictly by invitation….”

Invite me! Invite me!!
I screamed in my head.

“I want you to be there…”

“Yes! Yes!!” I nearly screamed as I nodded frantically, like a lunatic, a huge smile splaying on my face.

“O…Kay…” He raised a brow at my excitement. I immediately composed myself and cleared my throat loudly.

“Yes, I’ll be there…” My voice was calmer now.

“So see you later, funny…” He swaggered out of the cafe, his hands still tucked into his pocket.
I couldn’t help but stare at his well formed back in admiration.

I realized I was the only person left in the cafe.

“Yes! Yes!!” I whisper yelled, punching the air in victory style. I wanted to scream out in excitement.

But wait!
I’m not supposed to interact with people right?
My happiness melted like wax…

read more episode here: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=JINX+GONE+WRONG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Vibesvbs(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2019
Wow,I like it,,,,,,,more
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by queenitee(f): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2019
It’s being long I read high school stories

2 Likes

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Ann2012(f): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Poor Hermione

Keep the updates coming, thanks
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Khriztarl(f): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
nd nw i would appreciate if the updates just keeps on swimming in.. cool storylines.. and am canna falling inlove with this hermione of a girl..

1 Like

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
Khriztarl:
nd nw i would appreciate if the updates just keeps on swimming in..
cool storylines..
and am canna falling inlove with this hermione of a girl..

sure it would
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Khriztarl(f): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
Hey,izaray,skubido,ann2012,fijumokesayo(ghostreader),toyhin123,favch,pricelessangel10,halyma,do4luv14,zyzxx,kimberlywest,treasure17,queenitee,ofex,nickibeuty,gettreadyy..and others please come check this out..

1 Like

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Khriztarl(f): 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
emperorblog21:

sure it would
waiting
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Ann2012(f): 9:05am On Dec 30, 2019
Khriztarl:
Hey,izaray,skubido,ann2012,fijumokesayo(ghostreader),toyhin123,favch,pricelessangel10,halyma,do4luv14,zyzxx,kimberlywest,treasure17,queenitee,ofex,nickibeuty,gettreadyy..and others please come check this out..

Ayamu here already cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 01, 2020
May your every morning be filled with joy & happiness. Wish you a very Happy New Year ! May God’s grace shine on you and your family. Wishing you all good health and great success.
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Ann2012(f): 10:42am On Jan 01, 2020
emperorblog21:
May your every morning be filled
with joy & happiness. Wish you a
very Happy New Year ! May God’s
grace shine on you and your family.
Wishing you all good health and
great success.

Amen..... Same wishes
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 06, 2020
the persuit

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2020
�Jinx gone wrong�

By Nwauwa Miriam
(Mimi Candy�)

�Chapter 3�

~Hermione ~

The rest of the day went smoothly, no extraordinary event took place.

I want you to be there…

That kept ranging though my head the while time. I had mixed feelings about the whole thing. Firstly, I wanted to go to the party, I wanted to experience all the thrills and excitement that Clara always enjoyed. Whenever she came back from any party, she would talk about it for hours without stopping, it made me slightly jealous and want to have a taste of it too. Secondly I won’t like to disappoint Jason. I mean it’s not everyday that your crush gets to invite you to a party.

Maybe I’m lucky after all…I mused, remembering what I had told Miss Riley earlier on.

I hope your luck keeps shining…

It definitely will…cause I’m going to the party….

|°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°||°з°|

“Oh my goodness Herm!” Clara squealed out as we got into the car. I plugged out my earpiece from my ears to look at her. I sighed in relief when I discovered that she was not giving any of her bitch friends a lift.

“What goodness?” I asked as I got into the front seat, leaving Chloe alone in the back. Seriously that girl gives me the creeps, she was always cold and dull. I hated people who didn’t like to have fun.

“There’s this party on Friday and…gosh!! Hot guys from the football team!! Oh my god..”
Ah-ah, today is gonna be different, Clara won’t be the only one going to the party now. I smiled inwardly to myself.

“I got invited, you know attendance is strictly by invitation, I’d have love it if we both went together.” She turned to look at me. I merely smiled at her.

“It’s okay babe, I’m also attending the party too.” I couldn’t keep off the wide grin from my face as I watched unbelief etch on her face.

“But the party is strictly by invitation and..and…”

“I got invited…” I tinged my voice with an air of mystery, I felt smug all of a sudden.

“Who?” Her voice had dropped.

“You know Jason Ace? That’s him…*

“Jason!!” She squealed again, my smile widened.

“Jason.” I cooed, everything about him was just perfect, even his name.
Ja-son, Ja-Son…

“He’s hot you know, are you guys a thing?”

“What? Puh-leez…I just talked to him for the first time today since we became locker neighbors since my 8th grade…we didn’t even talk for more than ten minutes, duh.”

“Hmmmm.”

“What?” I raised a brow.

“Nothing.”

The rest of the ride was made in silence.

�������������������������

I settled down on my bed to do my homework, soft music streamed out from my stereo speaker.
I’m very serious when it comes to my homework and school stuffs, I never get below a ‘B’ in class, so it’s safe to say that I’m brilliant.

“Harm! Come here!!” I heard Clara yell from her room.

Arrrgh!

The usual force that I’ve become so used to began to tug at my feet, forcing me to my feet. I was no longer in control of my legs, I just let it lead me out of my room to where Clara was.

“What?” I growled, angry that my homework had been interrupted.

She was submerged in a large heap of cloth, she lifted up her head to look at me, her face was red and sweaty.

“Oh please, I need your help Herm, I don’t know what to wear for the party.” She placed a finger on her forehead. I sighed loudly.

“But Clara the party is on Friday, today is just Wednesday, you have about two days, ugh! You just called me here for this?”

“Ple-aaasssssse! It’s not too early to start preparing now, you know I have a reputation to protect, I need to be prepared always.” She wiped her face with a handkerchief, before forcing a smile.
I rolled my eyes, why is she telling me that?

“But you’ve never asked me to help you pick a dress before, how am I suppose to know what type of dress code you like?” I was already becoming irritated by all this, now I’ll have to lose precious minutes trying to find her a dress.

She sighed loudly and stood up.

“I want you to help me find something… Flashy…brightly colored… You know, leaving enough skin exposed….”

Drawing all eyes on you… I mused drily.

“Alright, I get it, you want to go to the party half naked, …”

“Not half naked! Ugh! Hermione, you’re insufferable!” She stamped her feet impatient on the floor, a huge frown creasing her forehead.

“I have homework to do, so…”

“Just help me find something suitable, not to modest…”

Ttch! Whatever.

I bent down and began rummaging through the heap of cloth, the musky smell of fabrics making me slightly dizzy.

I picked out a royal blue empire waist silk dress, with pretty blue ribbons attached to it.

“How about this? It’ll look fine on you…”

“No!” She snapped, cutting me off. “I’ve worn it twice to a party, I want something new, fresh..”

I sighed and dug through clothes again.

“How about this sequined mini? It’ll bring out…”

“No! It’s below my knees, I want something that’s inches above my knees.”

I picked out this essential blue little dress, with wing collar. I immediately liked the dress.

“How about this one! I know…”

“No! The color is too dull, I want flashy bright colors.”

“Fine!” My tolerance level had reached its breaking point. I stood up, still holding the cloth.

“I’m done here! Why don’t you go get yourself new clothes, since it’s obvious that none of the clothes here catches your fancy!?” I nearly yelled at her.

“Ugh! Please bring your voice down! But you do have a point, I’m going shopping.”

“Better. Can I go now?” I asked, as I folded up the dress in my hand. Clara was already typing away on her phone, she didn’t even appear to have heard what I said.

“Clara?!” I raised my voice. She looked up from her phone.

“Huh? What?”

“Can I borrow this dress for the party?” A text popped on her phone, she turned back immediately to look at her phone.

“Uhm, yeah.” She said distractedly. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room, with the borrowed dress neatly tucked under my armpit.

I bumped into Chloe just outside the room. Her jet black hair framed her face and slid down sleekly over her shoulders and neck, she was dressed in a baggy T-shirt and nothing else.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you there….” I muttered in apology.
She looked at me briefly, she didn’t even seem to be looking at me, she seemed to be looking through me. It gave me the chill, I deftly pressed myself against the wall and let her walk past me into Clara’s room.

I walked back into my room and after keeping the borrowed dress in a safe place, I proceeded with my homework.

╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰╯ 3╰

The rest of the week went smoothly, I didn’t come late to classes, I didn’t get noticed neither�
And sadly enough, I never got the chance to talk to Jason again�

But today was the party, so I’m super excited about it.
If my mom were alive, she wouldn’t have permitted me to go for the party. I don’t see anything wrong in going to the party. Nobody knows about my weird condition, sooo I’ll be treated like a normal human being.

The secret is to act like everything is fine, normal…then everyone will act normal to you.

Classes seemed so boring today, I couldn’t even pay attention to the lectures, I just couldn’t wait for the final bell to be rung.
Time seemed to crawl like a snail.

During lunch time, I didn’t go the cafeteria, I went outside.
I’m the school garden, there was this old,long, white bench. It was in a secluded place in the garden, some students didn’t even know about it, some that did didn’t think it was important.
Well to me, it was very important, I have my quiet time there whenever I decide to skip lunch in the cafe.

The place was so peaceful and serene, you get to see different species of butterfly with different colors, or the dusty smell of wet earth, or the sweet musical chirping of birds, or the gentle, calm breeze that seeped into your hair pores, making you give out a sigh of pleasure…

Today, I relaxed there, my head leaning on the old, worn out arm, cool music streaming into my ears….
I couldn’t have asked for anything else in the world…

��������������������������������������������

The party was scheduled to begin by 8pm.
Here I am, it’s almost 7:30, I was still fiddling with my makeup. My hands were too shaky, that whenever I tried to apply the mascara, it smeared my eye bag.

“Aye aye aye…I can do this…” I wiped off the dark smudge underneath my eyes once more.

I took a deep breath to steady my frayed nerves. Then I calmly began to apply the mascara.

After I was done, I sprayed the perfume on my clothes generously.

“Great sister I have indeed…” I muttered under my breath as I walked out of my room.

Clara has ditched me for her bitch friends�
I wish I had my own car, I wish I had my own fucking car�

I stepped out of the house and flagged down a cab, it was already dark outside, I wondered how long the party would last.

�����������������

I came out of the cab and paid my bill.
Geez, the party has started already?
I could hear loud music and ‘whoo-ing’ coming from the house, I adjusted the hem of the dress and walked into the house.

Whoa!

The first thing that struck me was the multi colored bulbs in the house, followed by the throngs of people who were dancing and gyrating to the sound of the music.

Oh my god!!

I pushed past sweaty dancing bodies, intent on finding either Clara or Jason.

“Hey babe, wanna dance?” I heard a husky voice behind me.

“No, thank you.” I said, turning to face the person.

“C’mon, liven up will you…”

“I said no!”I pushed him away from me, and continued my search.
I found Clara, she and her friends were seated around a table, on the table were different types of drinks, I didn’t need to be told that it was alcohol.

” hey Clara, hey girls!” I hailed when I got to there table,wearing my most coolest smile.

“Hey herm! I’m glad you made it!” Clara said excitedly.
She was perched atop the laps of this guy, I couldn’t see his face cause his head was bent towards his phone.

“Ah-ah! Clara’s little sister!” One of her friends, Blondie, cooed mockingly.

“Little? I’m a month older than her!” I snapped impatiently

“I didn’t know she got invited too…” Another brunette girl sneered.

“Yeah, I got invited by Jason.” I said confidently, I won’t let them belittle me with their saucy remarks.

“Really? Are you guys a thing now? Or was it a one night stand?” Blondie continued.

“That’s my business, you should mind yours, get it,?”

“Hey girl, chillax. We shouldn’t start the party on a bad note Now should we?” Blondie had braces on her teeth, she grinned so widely that I feared that the braces would snap out.

“That’s up to you.” I said shrugging.

“Drinks?” Brunette raised up one of the bottles on the table.
I wanted to decline and tell them I don’t drink, but that moment, the guy who was carrying Clara on his laps looked up to me.

My brain went haphazard and my thoughts became jumbled. This guy sitting in front of me was a Greek God (literally though)
Perfect face, perfect body, perfect everything.

I forgot to tell you guys that I have a weakness for very cutttte guys, and with one here, looking directly at me, phew!…. I grew hot all of a sudden.

“Sure…” I drawled out, giving the boy a little flirty smile.

I snatched the bottle from her, opened it and began to drink directly from it.

Shit! I shouldn’t have done that!

The liquor burnt my throat, I nearly choked on it. It was slightly bitter, Strong, powerful..perspicuous….

Ahhh….

I heard loud cheering from the girls, I removed the bottle from my lips and set it on the table with a loud bang, taking a deep breath and licking my lips.

From my peripheral vision, I saw the cute guy smile. At me!! Wheeee!!!

“Oh my god! Clara!”

“Your sister is so cool, she drank half of the whisky!!”

Did I?
I picked up the bottle, sure enough I drank half of the content of the bottle

“Pttt! It’s no big deal, the alcoholic level in it is so little…”

“Wow,wow, wow, I think I’m liking you.”

I smiled, Clara’s friends were not so bad, easy to impress.

I felt someone put his hands around my waist and begin to grind his crotch against my butt.

“Hey! Let go!” I snapped impatiently.

“Dance with me, c’mom!” The voice was familiar.

I turned around to face him, wearing a smirk. I put my hands to his crotch and grabbed his balls, I squeezed it very hard, he groaned out in pain.

“You wanna keep this? Then get lost!” I snarled out viciously.

“Geez, easy..” He limped away.

“OMG! That’s so bad-ass!” Blondie shrieked excitedly.

“That was nothing seriously.” I said smiling and waving it aside.

“Come on girls, let’s go dance!!” Someone shrieked out,

Blondie to grab my hands.

“Let’s go dance herm!”

She led me out of the little room, we began to shriek and dance around, swinging our arms around.

This felt soooo right, finally, I belong…
Me? Dancing with the hot popular girls and boys in school�

�������������

After dancing for what seemed like forever, they all decided to play Truth or dare. I was already tired from dancing too much, and was a little bit tipsy…no drunk. I couldn’t control the wobbling of my feet, I just lurched aroung like a wounded donkey.

“C’mon herm! Let’s go play truth or dare..” Blondie, I later discovered that her name was Audrey, told me.

I smiled, I feel like talking, I just want to talk, talk about everything that had happened.

I felt myself being dragged into a little room, I gingerly stepped over drunken bodies that sprawled on the floor.

“I can do anything you want me to do.” I speech was slurred.

“Yeah, me too.” Audrey whispered too.

“All you have to do is just ask….”

Ask!

Everything was just happening in a blur, we gathered around a table, they brought a funny looking bottle, they spined it around, anyone the head of the bottle pointed at was asked to either say the truth, or dared to do something.

I just watched the whole scene unfold, too drunk to bother about anything.

They spunned the bottle again, I could feel the tension in the air as the spin became more slower and slower and slower… Till it finally stopped, with its head pointing to me.

I sat up, quite startled.

All the eyes in the room turned to look at me. I gulped.

“Truth or dare?” It was Clara’s brunette friend, she had a wicked smile on her face.

“Dare.” My voice came out huskily, I licked my dry lips until it was moist again.

“I dare you to give Jason a lap dance.” Her voice echoed in my brain

Lap dance , lap dance…

Huh?

I thought that this was supposed to be a dare? Why then was I feeling a force, propelling me to my feet…
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
�Jinx gone wrong�

By Nwauwa Miriam C.

�Chapter 4�
°•Hermione•°

I glanced at Jason, he was huddled in a corner with his friends. My heart was beating quickly as my eyes met his, I couldn’t read the expression on his face His face was blank, all I know was that he looked really hot as the florescent light flickered on his face

I was quite nervous, I’ve never given someone a lap dance before, I didn’t know how it was done.

The tug on my leg intensified, I stood to my feet, my legs wobbling underneath me. My legs seemed to know where he was and was leading me.

I was just a few feet away from him when I tripped over something soft and warm

With a little yelp, I fell forward, my head glancing the edge of the table.

The last thing I felt was hot stinging pain, and then darkness.

♨Witches Gathering♨

“The antidote will soon be ready!” Vydia announced shrilly. Samantha sat up, rubbing her eyes.

Vydia was posed over a large steaming pot, she occasionally stooped down to stir whatever concoction that was in it.

“I thought you said it’ll be ready in the next two weeks or more?” She queried, standing up to examine what Vydia was doing.

“Yeah, I know, but things have changed, we have to work with fate you know.” Vydia said with a little smile.

“Fate? How do you mean?” Edna asked, she had heard the last part of their conversation.

“We do not change the fate of humans, we can only twist it a little, you know to either favour them or to their disadvantage.”

“How does that apply to our subjecto? How are we going to administer the antidote to her?”

“The antidote can’t work directly on her, it can only work on another person, meaning that person will be her antidote… Get it?”

“Uhm…yeah?” Edna scratched her hair

“Whenever she is around that person,, the spell becomes useless, don’t you get it now?”

“Ah, I see it now. But isn’t the antidote supposed to last forever? Must she be around that person forever?

“For the antidote to become permanent, she’ll have to fall in love with the person, they’ll confess their feelings for each other, then they’ll share a kiss of love, then the spell will be broken forever.” Vydia explained everything breathlessly.

“What if it’s a girl? I mean the antidote is a girl?”

“Edna? You’re confused. I said the antidote will be administered by me, to the person who subjecto will fall in love with.” Vydia explained patiently.

“How are we going to know who she’ll fall in love with? Last time I checked, she had this huge crush on one of her schoolmates.”

“We’ll time travel to the future, then we’ll find out who her true love will be, then we administer the antidote on the person, get it now?”

“Yeah, I guess…”

Edna and Samantha were thrilled, this was a very good news. A welcome development.

“So, when is the antidote going to be ready?” Samantha could barely contain her excitement.

“Now.” Was vydia’s calm reply.

There was a noisy hiss of steam, when the steam had dispelled, a very tempting apple lay inside the pot. The apple glittered temptingly, making one ache to bite into it.

“The human antidote will have to eat it, and no one else is to eat it.” Vydia said, as she picked up the apple reverently with both hands.

“Who’s the human antidote?”

“Let’s find out.”

They gathered around a gigantic globe like object, it was actually a model of the earth.

“Do you have a strand of subjecto’s hair?’ Vydia asked Edna.

Edna nodded twice and dipped two fingers into her pouch, she brought out a thin auburn strand and deftly handed it over to vydia.

Vydia waved the strand of hair around in the air, before letting go of it. It floated down, to the globe.

“Show us! The future of Hermione Isabelle Donovan!”

A dazzling bright blue light seeped out of the globe, blue curls of energy began to engulf the three witches. Then with a loud hissing sound, the blue curls of energy sucked in the three witches into the globe…

⛅⛅⛅⛅⛅⛅�����⛅⛅⛅⛅⛅⛅⛅

NEXT DAY

°•°Hermione°•°

I woke up with to the loud but melodious chirping of birds.
I forced my eyes open, my eyelids seemed to have suddenly become lead, I fluttered my lashes, as my eyes adjusted to the hard light from the fluorescent bulb.

“Hmmmm…” I moaned softly, massaging my temples. I stared at the multi colored ceiling blankly for a while. The side of my head was sore, I pressed a finger gingerly on the spot, massaging it gently.
Then I began to recollect my wits.

Where the heck am I?
I sat up suddenly, I was in a huge bed, with maroon colored duvet.

“Ugh!” I sighed in disgust, the color of the duvet reminded me of a bed stained with dried menstrual blood.

Where am I ?
What happened yesterday?

I slid out of the bed, my eyes taking in the unfamiliar environment. The room was tastefully furnished and expensive.
I was still in my party dress, I still had last night makeup on…gosh!
I looked really horrible.
I moved to the door and tried to twist open the knob, but it seemed like someone beat me to it.
The opened to reveal a smiling Jason.

“Hey, good morning sleepyhead,” He said with his adorable smile, I couldn’t help but smile back, but then i remembered my smudged makeup.

“Hey.” I said in a small voice, feeling embarrassed. I couldn’t even remember what happened yesterday, or how I got here. He was dressed in a black dressing robe that partly left his chest exposed.

“Hope you slept well?”

“I’ve never felt any better.” I stylishly checked my morning breath, it was not that awful. I turned to look at him.

“Hope your head doesn’t hurt much? Cause you had a very big fall last night and you kinda passed out.”

I did?��
How come I don’t remember?��

“It hurts a little, why didn’t you let Clara take me home yesterday? You shouldn’t have bothered yourself so much about me.” My cheeks kept on heating up as I continued talking.

“Clara was in no position to help you yesterday, she was also dead drunk too.”

“Oh.” I pouted slightly. There was an awkward silence as we both regarded each other, silently.

“You should shower, and then come downstairs for breakfast. My mom wants to meet you, I’ll drop you home, if you don’t mind.”

“I don’t mind at all. it’ll be cool.” I stifled a smile. He smiled at me too, my legs nearly melted like butter.

“Okay, take your time.”
He left the room.
I leaned against the door, with a huge smile splaying on my lips.

I don’t remember what happened yesterday, but I definitely like it.

I skipped merrily to the bathroom, the smile never leaving my lips.

��������������

After I was done with my toiletries, I put on my party dress from yesterday and headed downstairs.

“Hey Hermione, how are you?” A chirpy voice greeted me. I turned around sharply, a tall lithe woman with short black hair was walking toward the dining room, witg a covered dish.

“Hey ma’am?”

Jason must have told her my name, she was a pleasant looking woman with a warm smile.

“It’s Fiona honey, sit down, I know you must be famished by now.” She set down the dish on the table.

“Nice to meet you Fiona.” I smiled and lowered my butt onto the chair.

“How’s school going dear?”

“It’s been stressful lately.” I said truthfully. She opened the dish and the aroma of freshly fried omelette. My stomach unashamedly grumbled slightly.

“Eat up dear.” She smiled pushing a plate towards me. I smiled my gratitude and picked up my fork and began to eat, the food was heavenly, I enjoyed every morsel of it. Fiona was very warm and friendly, we chatted away while I ate.

“It was nice talking to you herm, I wish you’ll come again.” She said as I helped her wash the dishes.
I smiled and said nothing.
I don’t think I’ll come here again. The first time was just impromptu, there’ll be no second time.

When I was done with the dishes, I bid Fiona a goodbye.

Jason was already waiting for me in the sitting room.

“Hope my mom didn’t bore you? She can be such a chatterbox”

“No, she’s a nice person.” I looked down at my hands. “It’s not everyday you get to see a mom who plays PUBG!”

She reminds me of my mom…

“You haven’t seen anything yet, you’re lucky she didn’t start telling you about how she went to Africa and stuffs like that.” He walked out of the house while I followed.

“Ugh! I missed such an interesting story.” I feigned a disappointed look.
He laughed.

“Trust me, you’d have been bored to death.” I smiled and said nothing. Our hands bumped against each other’s as we walked.

“Hey…uhm….thanks…” I stammered nervously, chewing on my nails.

“For?’ He raised a brow in surprise.

“For not leaving me at the party yesterday.” I muttered shyly, my eyes fixed on the floor.

He chuckled loudly.

“It’s no big deal, after all I’m the one who invited you, it’s my duty to take care of you.”
I smiled a little, a contended smile.
I just wished I’d get drunk at every party on Friday so that I’ll end up in his house.

We moved to his black bike , he handed me a helmet while he wore the second one.

I got into the bike, my heart doing a Summersault in happiness.

“Ever been on a bike before?” He asked as he straddled the bike.

“Sure.” I bluffed proudly.

“Liar.” He laughed,” how come you don’t know how to put on the helmet?”
I blushed in embarrassment.

“…”

He got down from the bike and walked towards me.

“Let me help you.”

“…”

We were so close, about a few inches apart, if I should take a step forward my lips will meet his directly.

I felt his hands brush slightly against my neck as he fastened the strap of the helmet. A big lump formed on my throat, I unsuccessfully tried to swallow it.

“There.” He said when he was done. I smiled broadly, looking into his face

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He smiled too.

We got on the bike, as he ignited the bike, it made a slightly violent jerk, it made me put my arms around him.

Ahh…

As the bike sped out of the house, I summoned enough courage to rest my head against his back.

I felt complete as I took in lungful of clean, fresh air…

read more episode here: https://emperorblog.com.ng/page/2/?s=jinx+gone+wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Khriztarl(f): 11:01am On Jan 07, 2020
Thanks 4 d updates dear..following
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Vibesvbs(m): 9:07am On Jan 08, 2020
[right][/right] thanks for the updates
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 08, 2020
�Jinx gone wrong�

By Nwauwa Miriam C.

�Chapter 6�

°^°Drew°^°

I didn’t pay much attention when I heard the crashing of plates in the kitchen, Emily was naturally clumsy, so it’s not surprising if she breaks a plate or two every month.

Emily is my cousin from my paternal family. I don’t live with my parents, my dad is a wealthy business man, they based in Canada, that’s where the main branch of his business firm is based.

I heard the door to the kitchen open slightly, I heard shuffling footsteps, like as though the person was having difficulty lifting his foot.

Emily soon came into view, she was holding an apple in her hand. The apple glittered appetizingly, it made my mouth water.

She smiled at me, her eyes glistening.

“Would you like some?” She brandished the apple. I looked into her face and then at the apple again.

Was today world apple day? First, an old psychiatric patient offered me an apple, now Emily��

“No, you can have it, I’m sure you need it more than me.”

“No I insist, eat it.”

“And I insist too,eat it.”

“Oh okay, dinner would be served soon.” She turned and left for the kitchen. I frowned as I stared at her retreating back. Emily was not the type to give up easily, she always argued and was quite stubborn about things like this.

I shrugged the thought aside and walked into my room. There was a huge, life size wallpaper on the wall of a blue sea. The wallpaper seemed so real, when looking at it, you actually feel like you’re in the sea, even the wave seemed to come to life. I was always intrigued whenever I looked at the wallpaper.
It had been a gift from Bailey on my 17th birthday. I sighed loudly as I sank into the bed. My phone began to ring, I glanced quickly at the caller ID.

*Dad

I quickly flipped the phone over, after muting the call. I was in no mood to talk to him.

I picked up the remote of the stereo, I pressed the ‘play’ button, soft music streamed out from concealed speakers.

�I like the way you call me seniorita

�i wish I could pretend I didn’t need ya

�but every touch is ooh-la-la

�it’s true la-la-la

�ohh, I should be runnin’

�ooh, you keep me coming for ya…

My heart became so heavy, like as though a block of lead had been dropped to it. I quickly pressed ‘next’ button, feeling tears sting my eyes. That was Bailey’s favorite song.

The music changed to a less soulful one, I buried my head under the pillow, my hands gathering folds of bedspread and squeezing tightly.

A soft knock on my door. I sat up quickly, taking a long deep breath.

“What do you want?” I asked, fighting to keep my voice calm.

“Dinner is ready.” Emily’s soft voice called.

“I’ll be down soon.” I said through clenched teeth. I heard her shuffling footsteps as she left.
I lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling and counting the seconds…

15…30…35…45…

I stood up abruptly and moved to the bathroom. I sprinkled water on my face, the coldness of the water made goosebumps rise on my skin. I leaned heavily on the sink and stared at the mirror.

A paler version of what used to be me stared back at me. My cheeks had become a little gaunt, even though I had undergone therapy, the wound inside had refused to heal.

I walked out of the bathroom, pressing a towel to my wet face. I walked slowly downstairs, Emily was already seated and was about to begin eating. She stared at me as I walked down slowly, holding the plate in mid air.

“Are you okay?” She asked with concern as I dropped quiet effortlessly on my chair.

“I’m fine.” My voice was curt, indicating that I was not in the mood for any conversation.

She silently dished out food for me, I was unimpressed with the aroma of the food, simply put I had no appetite.

“Eat up.” She said with a smile. I looked at her sullenly as I picked up my spoon.

I took a spoonful of the food. I coughed at the fierceness of pepper that suddenly assailed my tongue.

“Oh my God! Are you okay?” She handed me a glass of whatever it was…I didn’t care to know, I just wanted to cool my scorching tongue.

I hastily accepted it and sipped it, it turned out to be juice, apple juice.

I took hasty,, grateful gulps, glad for the coldness of the drink.

I turned to glare at Emily.

“What the heck was that?! You nearly killed me!!” I roared angrily at her. She looked apologetic.

“I’m sorry, it wasn’t intentional, I swear…”

“You…” I stood up abruptly, immediately a wave of dizziness hit me, I staggered foreword, trying to put myself together.

“Are you okay? Drew?!” Her voice seemed to be coming from a thin pipe. I held my head as the world began to spin around in a terrifying speed.

Arrrgghh!

Nausea overtook me….I fell to the floor, feeling a great urge to puke. The walls of my stomach contracted and constricted painfully.

I began to hear voices in my head, strange unfamiliar voices.

�all you have to do us just ask!

�ask!

�mom I’m alone, how will I face the world?…

“Stop!!” I screamed loudly, putting my hands to my ears. I struggled to my feet, I staggered out of the dining room, my vision was blurry. I wanted to leave the house.

I kept seeing gray eyes, auburn hair, a dimpled smile.

Who the heck is this?
What’s happening to me?

I staggered out of the house, the voices were still ringing in my head. The cool evening breeze did nothing to dispel the turmoil I felt within.

“Drew! Where are you going to?”

I ignored Emily. I stepped out of the portico, my breathing came out in deep heavy, puffs.

My feet seemed to know where it was going to, the road was quite deserted.

No one could hear the voices echoing in my head,

�i like the way you call me señiorita…

Loud tinkling laughter, a flick of white blonde hair, blue laughing eyes.

Tears were streaming down my eyes, I didn’t bother to wipe it off, I just let it flow.

�drew! Drew!…

I tripped over something and fell to the floor, I stood up quickly, nothing would deter me. I would go there today, I had been avoiding going there for the past six months, I’ll go there today…

I was already close, my heart was beating faster than normal. My tears had stopped, leaving in its trail moist stickiness.

The cemetery was quiet, and dark. I turned on the flashlight in my phone as I moved slowly.

I soon reached the marble slab, it was still new, I knelt down before the slab, the voices in my head stopped.

The beam of the light settled on the slab.

Carved into the slab was:

Bailey Phoebe Cooper

12th May 1999 – 13th July 2016
Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 08, 2020
�Jinx gone wrong�

By Nwauwa Miriam C.

�Chapter 7�

~Hermione~

I was browsing the my books when I heard the doorbell ring loudly, I groaned aloud and struggled out of the couch where I had relaxed on. I hated to be disturbed whenever I’m reading or doing homework.

I strides sluggishly to the door, i paused to look into the pinhole. From the pinhole, I saw Audrey and Clara’s other brunette friend.

I ran my hands quickly through my ruffled hair, trying to straighten it, I adjusted my skirt, I even contemplated on going back to my room to change into one of my jeans.

What am I even doing? I’m trying to impress those girls?

“Who’s at the door?” I heard Clara’s voice from behind me. I turned quickly to look at her.

“Audrey and…brunette.”

“Brunette?” She frowned as she walked towards the door. She twisted the knob and opened the door.

“Hey Clara!” The two girls chorused together, I poked my head around the door.

“Hey herm!”Audrey said with a smile, brunette totally ignored me.

“Hey Audrey.” I smiled back at her.

“Can we come in or are we going to stand here all day?” Brunette said, looking at me with disdain.

“Sure, come in. Though you didn’t tell me you guys were coming.” Clara said, crossing her hands under her breast, and frowning at them.

“It was all Becky’s idea.” Audrey said frowning too, throwing brunette a dirty look.

Oh, brunette name is Becky, Rebecca… Get it now?

The two girls breezed into the house, the sweet smell of their perfume immediately filled the house. Everything about them was just so sophisticated, their dressing, makeup, they even gave out an aura of confidence.

“Go get dressed Clara, we are going on a ride. Tony is giving us a treat in the park.” Becky said excitedly.

“Really?” Clara sounded nonchalant, but I knew that deep down, she was bubbling with excitement.

“C’mon, stop sounding so sulky, I know you’d do anything to see Tony again”

“You’re crazy.”

“I’m honest.”

Becky and Audrey giggled. I struggled to keep my head bent to my books, I wanted to chip in and ask: “who’s Tony? Is he good looking?”

I folded my lips together, and forced my eyes to my books. I couldn’t concentrate again. I was reading physics, which is basically my favorite subject.

�if three resistors are connected to Tony in a parallel in a circuit, calculate the equivalent resistance of his cuteness…

��

I gave up on my determination to read.

“C’mon Clara, we wouldn’t want to keep the boys waiting..” Audrey whined like a sulky six-year-old.

“Alright, fine. I’ll go dress up now.” She turned around to leave the room.

“How about you Hermione? Don’t you want to come with us?”

M..me?

I nearly jumped out of the couch.

“Sure, I’d like to come, I like going to the park, it’s good for the health…” I was almost stuttering, it was all I could do to keep my excitement in check.

“C’mon then, what are you waiting for? Go get dressed, we don’t have all day.” She smiled, I also smiled too, showing all my teeth.

I brushed past Clara who was standing stiffly, I didn’t even spare her a glance. I was already thinking of what to wear.

Maybe that stilettos heels Greg bought for me last Christmas.
But come on, heels are not ideal for such outing, some nice, comfy sneakers will do.

I rushed into my room, I began to hurriedly comb my hair. My hair was not that long,I always prefer packing it in a ponytail whenever I’m reading or doing house chores. But since Tony will be there ( who the heck is Tony?) I decided to let it fall over my shoulders.
I applied my hair product on my hair until it glistened and was sleek like Audrey’s.

Crap!

“Herm! We are waiting!!*

” coming!* I yelled back too.

I picked out a high-waisted pants with a printed flounce Georgette.

I quickly wore it, and then slipped my legs into a Persia sandals.

I hastily applied my makeup, how I managed not to smear mascara on my cheeks was a miracle
I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I even practised a few smiles, in case we had to take pictures.

I sprayed perfume on myself, I suddenly began to feel confident.
I’m all set now, I twirled around in front of the mirror. I then made to open the door, but then Clara has already done that before me. She pushed me into the room. I looked her over, she was already dressed, I had to admit that she looked really hot.

“I see you’re so excited about going with us.” Her voice was cold. I remembered that I was still angry with her.

“It’s no big deal, it’s just a drive.”

“I know that, I just want to remind you, don’t make a fool of yourself there, get it?” She enunciated. My excitement dampened a little.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

A loud knock interrupted me.

“Clara! Herm! What are you guys doing in there!?”

“We are coming.” Clara said calmly. She turned to look at me. “Don’t embarrass me and yourself, so it’s better you stay on your own.” With that she left my room.

I stared after her retreating back, a huge scowl on my face.
I won’t let her kill my joy.
I turned to the mirror and looked at my reflection in the mirror again.

I heard loud honking.

“OH MI GOSH! They are here!! HERM-OY-NE!!” Audrey’s voice thundered though the house.

I ran out of my room, I bumped into Chloe.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you there..” I said breathlessly.

“Crazy, crazy…” She muttered, I subtly pressed myself to the wall and brushed past her.

I walked to the front door, I could see a black convertible sports car that glistened under the sun.

I saw about four guys inside the car already, my heart skipped a bit.

The boys… They were soooo hot…I could just rape them…��

source: https://emperorblog.com.ng/page/2/?s=jinx+gone+wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jinx Gone Wrong by Khriztarl(f): 10:35pm On Jan 10, 2020
Well done emperor

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of A Blind Girl-short Story / MMM And The Crisis Of Conscience / Happy Birthday To Pamelb And Souloho19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.