Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,768 members, 7,875,930 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:40 AM

Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday (3149 Views)

FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai / FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products / Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by violent(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2010
Minister of Finance, Dr. Olusegun Aganga, said yesterday that efforts were underway to cut the recurrent expenditure of the National Assembly.
His assurance came amid public outcry that too much of public funds are spent on the legislature.

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, had disclosed that about 25 per cent of the annual national budget goes to the National Assembly, a situation he described as unhealthy to the economy.

However, the Senate has said it may summon Sanusi to clarify his statement on the National Assembly’s spending.
Speaking in Abuja at the 2010 Ministerial Press Briefing, Aganga said he had personally raised the issue of the huge expenditure of the assembly before now.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/2010/11/30/fg-moves-to-cut-n%E2%80%99assembly-vote-thisday/
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Nov 30, 2010
Clarify his statement? ROFLMAO!!!

Is there a channel where I can watch this live? I want to be a witness to this session . . . . lol
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nsiman(m): 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ kobojunkie, NASS's sittin is always on tuesdays and thursdays. u may watch it live via NTA
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nsiman(m): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2010
@ kobojunkie, NASS's sittin is always on tuesdays and thursdays. u may watch their proceedings live via NTA
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by seanet02: 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2010
Please do this fast o o o
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 30, 2010
what those chaps are earning is outrageous
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Beaf: 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2010
violent:

Minister of Finance, Dr. Olusegun Aganga, said yesterday that efforts were underway to cut the recurrent expenditure of the National Assembly.
His assurance came amid public outcry that too much of public funds are spent on the legislature.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/2010/11/30/fg-moves-to-cut-n%E2%80%99assembly-vote-thisday/

I hope egbon Aganga knows to carry the public with him, because govt cannot defeat the NASS alone.
Its gonna be a very wild fight! klitschko vs Haye!!! Serious roforofo!
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by violent(m): 10:37pm On Nov 30, 2010
^^^

Aganga + Sanusi {both well educated} against over 300 touts!
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by DisGuy: 10:40pm On Nov 30, 2010
Aganga and Sanusi didnt plan this well

Sanusi should have said this like 2-3 months ago then the backlash will follow with plenty of 'experts' and impeccable source supporting him, Aganga will now repeat it (perhaps on an international stage) then announce a 'move to cut NA vote' afterwards

That way they'll get more public support

all these have been done within three days and the National Assembly are already summoning them like school kids
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Beaf: 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2010
violent:

^^^

Aganga + Sanusi {both well educated} against over 300 touts!

I think they are outnumbered right now. However, it is clearly a long range FG effort to tackle the NASS, so the real fireworks will likely come well into next year; I suspect from mid to late in the second half.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by violent(m): 11:18pm On Nov 30, 2010
Sanusi better master the art of chair throwing before appearing before NASS
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by debosky(m): 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2010
GEJ should know when to pick his fights. . . .if he tries cutting their money now, they'll delay the budget and start impeachment proceedings against him. Does he want to lose weight like OBJ did when Na'abba got him by the balls? grin
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by MaiSuya(m): 12:13am On Dec 01, 2010
@ topic, about time!
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Mkpotu(m): 12:11pm On Dec 01, 2010
I am interested in what Sanusi's response will be to those mafians in the National Assembly, they see themselves as demi god in Nigeria. May be because of their role in making Jonathan an Acting President then, they now see themselves as super men!!!

Lets see how today's session goes.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by JUO(m): 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2010
anxious
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by cecegorz(m): 12:30pm On Dec 01, 2010
You need to see how these bunch of thieving honorables were ranting on the urgent need to summon both Sanusi and Aganga btw today and tomorrow, as if that's the most important Bill on thier table.
If they had been tackling national issues with such ferrocity and unity of purpose, we would have gone really far as a nation.

It's good people in govt continue to mount pressure on these crooks, even if they deny it to death, we all know they feed fat on our common wealth. Meanwhile, this Revenue and fiscal mobilization or whatever they call themselves should seriously be looked into on thier modu-operandi, they are their co- travellers that set this ostentatious packages for these crooks
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2010
The NLC should wade in and call for a strike. That's the only pragmatic solution because I dont see government winning.

A senator, considering our GDP should not earn more than N350k monthly all in.

To serve Nigeria is not by force!!!!!
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2010
Those NASS members need to be cut to size cos they are becoming more dangerous to the nation. They earn astronomical salaries and allowances that are not possible in other parts of the world, for doing NOTHING while workers are crying 2earn N18000. minimum wage. Ehmm, sorry nass nothing shouldnt be ideal at least you throw punches and chairs and steals naija blind thru inflated expenses, corruption etc. I hope jonathan is ready for a possible Nass fireworks!
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by violent(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2010
dappssee:

The NLC should wade in and call for a strike. That's the only pragmatic solution because I dont see government winning.

A senator, considering our GDP should not earn more than N350k monthly all in.

To serve Nigeria is not by force!!!!!

Violent likes this

Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by blapo(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2010
Another sweet episode in the politics of Nigeria who says Democracy is not good?
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by omolayo1(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2010
one truth against more than 300 lies =fight

i can only be part of spectators but who is going refs?  tuff one

NLC executives too are not just calling for strike if they are getting their own share. it is when the cake is not being share equally that they call for strike. bird of a feather, may God help Nigeria's majority in the struggle.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2010
There should be an independent inquiry on this matter. The NASS should not be allowed to intimidate Sanusi. They cannot be judge in their own case. Period!
I will be saying a lil prayer for Sanusi
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by cecegorz(m): 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
They should not honour that summon!!!

Who do they think they are    

Can you imagine, it has been in the public domain for long that these men are part of the stunted growth of this econonomy by virtue of their stupendous allowances.
Why did they not summon Obasanjo when he went public with the same info?
They should cut down those allowances asap, it's the major thing that attracts them to kill and maim in other to get/remain on the  seat.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Mesef1: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
violent:

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, had disclosed that about 25 per cent of the annual national budget goes to the National Assembly, a situation he described as unhealthy to the economy.

However, the Senate has said it may summon Sanusi to clarify his statement on the National Assembly’s spending.
Speaking in Abuja at the 2010 Ministerial Press Briefing, Aganga said he had personally raised the issue of the huge expenditure of the assembly before now.

25% of annual budget for National Assembly is really not factual. I think the poster did not report the correct statement.

Sanusi's statement:

Sanusi had, while delivering a lecture at the Igbenedion University, Okada, Edo State, on Friday, claimed that 25 per cent of the nation’s annual recurrent overhead was spent on lawmakers.
Source: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012012344765

Sanusi may well be correct. Recurrent annual expenditure is not the same as annual budget. Funny, that the Senators are busy explaining that they get 3% of the annual budget.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by omolayo1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2010
@Me sef

that is the truth but u know all they are doing still make no sense.

about 70% of our total budget is on recurrent expenditure while the remaining 30% on capital expenditure is under their cunning ways to loot.

i dey laugh oooi tire ooooo
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by 0Edward0(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2010
Pls i would like to watch this live, which station, day and time

Hope Sanusi will really tell them to their stealing faces.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by MaiSuya(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2010
Me sef:

25% of annual budget for National Assembly is really not factual. I think the poster did not report the correct statement.

Sanusi's statement:

Sanusi had, while delivering a lecture at the Igbenedion University, Okada, Edo State, on Friday, claimed that 25 per cent of the nation’s annual recurrent overhead was spent on lawmakers.
Source: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012012344765

Sanusi may well be correct. Recurrent annual expenditure is not the same as annual budget. Funny, that the Senators are busy explaining that they get 3% of the annual budget.

this has been clarified at the other thread: the total budget of NASS stand at N158b which translates to about 8% (not 25% as alleged by Sanusi) of the [i]recurrent [/i]expenditure.

wonder where sanusi got his figures from
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by HARDDON: 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2010
chei!!!! ikputulakpo! LONG LIVE NIGERIA sumptuously! got no say in here
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by agabaI23(m): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2010
Recurrent exp =70% of total budget
Total budget= N4600000000000(N4.6 trillion)
Therefore recurrent=N3220000000000(N3.2 trillion)
25% of 3.2 trillion is N805 billion
~N200 billion shy of 1 trillion.

One of them said they only get N100 billion, that amounts to N330 million per head====lies
Multiplied by 8=N2.6 billion per head (~£10.5 million) according to sanusi
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by CE: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2010
This situation is make me to think that Military regimes that rule the country in the past is achieved more than the civil regime since 1999.
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2010
Wat we sow we will reap!! Lets not concern ourselves with people who the spiritual laws of creation will take care of! Do any of u think that the combined fury of 150million starving Nigerians can be compared to an inch of the severity or precision of the Laws of Karma! So pls dont waste your anger or energy on those whose actions have already condemned themselves them
Re: Fg Moves To Cut N’assembly Vote – Thisday by ohaechesi(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2010
Olusegun Aganga and the Mallam Soludo's move will not hold a grip on the NASS because of insufficient statistical logistics measures put together, in orderwords mesmerise the mindset of government against the national assembly.

On a second taught, the battle is on those clowns needs to be cut short from their luxurious and mismanagement of public funds.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo: Police Raid NTA Premises To Squash Protest / The Full RAW UNCUT Leaked Video Footage Of Woolwich Attacker. / Interesting Nigerian Conspiracy Theories Involving The CIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.