Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,489 members, 7,920,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:25 PM

Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift (1018 Views)

Shiites Attack Soldiers With Stones In Abuja, Attempt To Steal Weapons - Army / Nigerian Soldiers Hold Church Service With Their AK-47 Rifles. Photo / Video Of Shiites Fighting With Police, Destroy Police Vehicle (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by Ecstasy154(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2019
Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, popularly called Shiites, on Wednesday, attended a Christmas Church service at Church of the Advent, Samaru, Zaria.

Speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria shortly after the service, the leader of the team, Prof. Isa Hassan-Mshelgaru, said the essence of attending the service was to promote love, tolerance, and understanding among Nigerians.

The service was conducted at Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, Diocese of Zaria, Church of the Advent, Samaru, Kaduna State.

“We came to celebrate Christmas with fellow Christians here because we consider them as our brothers and we don’t have anything to give them than to come and celebrate this day with them.

“As they consider this day very important, we also consider it very important, we feel that we should come and visit them so as to clear some of the unnecessary imaginary boundaries that have been created.

“There are some imaginary boundaries that could not be seen that kept us far away from each other, so, we want to breach this gap, so that we come together as brothers and sisters living in the same country and same locality,” he said.

Hassan-Mshelgaru appealed to other Nigerians, whether Muslims, Christians or traditionalists to shun all forms of hatred, saying that religion was not all about hate but a means of bonding people together.

“You can be a Muslim, a Christian or a Traditionalist, always bear in mind that religion should be a platform for bringing people together not separating them.

“So, my appeal is that Nigerians should come together under the same umbrella as we live in the same country to ensure united and formidable country,” he said.

The Vica of the Church, Rev. Isuwa Sa’idu expressed appreciation for the visit and urged the visitors to sustain the tempo for the good of the nation.

“In fact, I am so excited that they can think of a thing like this to come and visit us on Christmas Day celebration like this.

“When we first got the news of their coming, I was just so overwhelmed and I said I can’t wait for that day to come, here and behold the day has come, the visit had really gladdened our hearts,” he said.

According to him, the visit shows that Nigerians are looking for peace and they are actually pursuing it and not just pursuing it with words but with action.

“So, their action of rising to come to visit us has shown that truly we have found that peace.

“Because Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace and if everybody will behave like our friends and brothers, the Muslim Brothers, I don’t think we will have problems in this country.”

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the visitors presented a gift to the Church as a sign of love.

https://www.independent.ng/shiites-attend-church-service-present-gift/

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
Shiite no dey lyk Sunni that Buhari belongs to.

Sunni produce boko haram, al qaeda and ISIS.

Shiite dont

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by BuhariAdvocate: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
That's good.

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by Beremx(f): 6:59pm On Dec 25, 2019
That's how it should. Religious tolerance is the key to coexistence

2 Likes

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by Dreal1247: 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
I wish things can work out like this, but unfortunately cannot. Unless God decides to effect it which you can't rule out. All the same, happy celebration to all.
Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by Dikegodspower(m): 7:01pm On Dec 25, 2019
wetin concern me
Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by BroOptimist(m): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2019
Ecstasy154:
Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, popularly called Shiites, on Wednesday, attended a Christmas Church service at Church of the Advent, Samaru, Zaria.

Speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria shortly after the service, the leader of the team, Prof. Isa Hassan-Mshelgaru, said the essence of attending the service was to promote love, tolerance, and understanding among Nigerians.

The service was conducted at Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, Diocese of Zaria, Church of the Advent, Samaru, Kaduna State.

“We came to celebrate Christmas with fellow Christians here because we consider them as our brothers and we don’t have anything to give them than to come and celebrate this day with them.

“As they consider this day very important, we also consider it very important, we feel that we should come and visit them so as to clear some of the unnecessary imaginary boundaries that have been created.

“There are some imaginary boundaries that could not be seen that kept us far away from each other, so, we want to breach this gap, so that we come together as brothers and sisters living in the same country and same locality,” he said.

Hassan-Mshelgaru appealed to other Nigerians, whether Muslims, Christians or traditionalists to shun all forms of hatred, saying that religion was not all about hate but a means of bonding people together.

“You can be a Muslim, a Christian or a Traditionalist, always bear in mind that religion should be a platform for bringing people together not separating them.

“So, my appeal is that Nigerians should come together under the same umbrella as we live in the same country to ensure united and formidable country,” he said.

The Vica of the Church, Rev. Isuwa Sa’idu expressed appreciation for the visit and urged the visitors to sustain the tempo for the good of the nation.

“In fact, I am so excited that they can think of a thing like this to come and visit us on Christmas Day celebration like this.

“When we first got the news of their coming, I was just so overwhelmed and I said I can’t wait for that day to come, here and behold the day has come, the visit had really gladdened our hearts,” he said.

According to him, the visit shows that Nigerians are looking for peace and they are actually pursuing it and not just pursuing it with words but with action.

“So, their action of rising to come to visit us has shown that truly we have found that peace.

“Because Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace and if everybody will behave like our friends and brothers, the Muslim Brothers, I don’t think we will have problems in this country.”

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the visitors presented a gift to the Church as a sign of love.

https://www.independent.ng/shiites-attend-church-service-present-gift/

Are they Muslims already? They are Christians before, so, it's expected.
I'm not surprised at all .

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by ogbuefi677(m): 7:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
AkeNathan:
Shiite no dey lyk Sunni that Buhari belongs to.

Sunni produce boko haram, al qaeda and ISIS.

Shiite dont
That's what most people don't know.
Shias in Nigeria have no history of organized violence but Buhari and his Sunni terrorist brothers like fooling themselves with "that is how boko haram started" bla bla.
In Nigeria alone,there are 3 Sunni terrorist groups, boko haram, ISWAP,Ansaru.

On the world stage Al Qaeda,ISIS,Al Shabab and 99% of the terrorist groups are all Sunni,you hardly see a Shia backed terrorist group.
Hezbollah(Sunni) hardly export their terror,their wahala is mainly with their Israeli neighbors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by robinso01(m): 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Religion should not be about hating others, kindness is the best form of religion

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by Enice(m): 7:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
stage managed attendance. i can see tha hands of esau but feel the hands of jacob in this visitation. pdp make una fear God.
Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by tsdarkside(m): 7:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
better wrap al shakishaki like a christmas present and give him back to them....

after releasin dasuki and sowore,you cant deny them this no more....

kiikii....

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by ZombieTERROR: 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
ogbuefi677:

That's what most people don't know.
Shias in Nigeria have no history of organized violence but Buhari and his Sunni terrorist brothers like fooling themselves with "that is how boko haram started" bla bla.
Even on the world stage,you hardly see a Shia backed terrorist group.
Hezbollah hardly export their terror,their wahala is mainly with their Israeli neighbors.

You nailed it so well.. That I have to nickname you a carpenter...

Boko Haram are Sunni Muslims...
The one Buhari belongs to.. That's why we are where we are today...

1 Like

Re: Shiites Attend Church Service, Present Gift by ZombieTERROR: 7:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
tsdarkside:
better wrap al shakishaki like a christmas present and give him back to them....

after releasin dasuki and sowore,you cant deny them this no more....
kiikii....

Bantudark.... Shut Up

(1) (Reply)

See The 10 Most Powerful Women In Nigeria [picture] / The Ipob "Sacrificed 4" :: Investigations And Report / Tension In Armed Forces And Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.