Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,026 members, 7,987,675 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:17 PM

Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced (21346 Views)

Magu Quizzed Over 380 Houses, 7 Crude Oil-laden Ships, N37bn Assets / SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States / Bamidele Salam Kicks Against N37 Billion Budget For NASS Renovation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by kutitosin(m): 8:26am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:
Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.
But in a country where most people live on less than a dollar per day, I think this is misplacement of priorities.

Please see my signature.

It isn't but check what was budgeted for health. You will understand the reason for the outcry.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Switch07(m): 8:50am On Dec 26, 2019
helinues:
The approvals by FG must be in exchanged for something probably loans.

If they are spending N35bn on just renovation, wondering how much it would cost to build from scratch.

Time of reckoning awaits all our politicians..
Nothing like reckoning bro this guys are living there best life on our expense
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by shadeyinka(m): 8:53am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:
Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.
But in a country where most people live on less than a dollar per day, I think this is misplacement of priorities.

Please see my signature.

N37billion for renovation not too much?
Have you ever been to national assembly before?
Do you know what N37,000,000,000 can do in terms of quality infrastructure?

No! The money is too much!

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 26, 2019
tsephanyah:
Just like KSA and Israel.. America av interest in Nigeria so they will not speak out on minor issues like ignos wants them to

Ina kika shige?
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Areaboy2(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:

Please see my signature.

That's 100 million dollars for renovation.. Please point that country that spends this much..im curious to know..

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by MzTunechi(f): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2019
Nigeria herself needs renovation
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by hush15: 9:12am On Dec 26, 2019
beardedboy:

Please see my signature.

They should just build another one. They can turn that one to museum except they telling me that 37billion is not enough to building another one

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Glorymax: 9:22am On Dec 26, 2019
The leaderships in Nigeria; the executive, legislators, the security arms etc can do whatever they want, and always get their bindings.
They know they are dealing with docile, unresponsive, poverty stricken, and ethnically divided citizens that doesn't have a common ground to stand up against them.
The few outspoken ones trying to push to the public domain, the anti-masses policies, are termed "Hate speach" apostles. Hence, their resolve to introduce the Bill.
They forgot anyway that power is transient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by obailala(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2019
helinues:
The approvals by FG must be in exchanged for something probably loans.

If they are spending N35bn on just renovation, wondering how much it would cost to build from scratch.

Time of reckoning awaits all our politicians..
I said this to someone recently, the N37bn was definitely a 'scratch my back I scratch yours' deal between the exec and legislative, probably for approval of the $30bn loan.

Of that N37bn probably N1 or N2bn can be used for renovation; the remaining 35 will end up as bonuses for NASS members. It's at times like this you need a Dino on the floor, but would even Dino resist the temptation?
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by surgical: 9:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Busy talking about about renovating their Meeting point when the American Senators are carrying out the Task they where voted for. These dudes should hide their face in shame

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up
Even the people don't understand the importance of the legislature,that is why they keep voting in misfits as legislators, the result is what we are seeing kudos to the American legislators

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by destinychildolu(m): 9:37am On Dec 26, 2019
The United States Capitol dome is the dome situated above the rotunda of the United States Capitol. The dome is 288 feet (88 m) in height and 96 feet (29 m) in diameter.[1] It was designed by Thomas U. Walter, the fourth Architect of the Capitol, and constructed between 1855 and 1866 at a cost of $1,047,291 (equivalent to $14.5 million in 2018[2]).[3]
The above fact is from Wikipedia. It simply translates that the cost of the US capitol hill which is the seat of legislature is around 5.22 billion. That's is Interesting. Let them build that type and return 30 billion back to the treasury. They can share the over 700 million naira remaining among themselves. Bunch of thieves

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by RaptorX: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2019
The US capitol which housed congress and the senate was built in the early 1800's and still standing and still in use today, but this guy is saying the national assembly complex built 21 years ago is about to collapse.

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 26, 2019
Ayoswit:
Just to renovate, 37mil? Dis con3 is a joke undecided

37 billion, not million dear
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by destinychildolu(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=beardedboy post=85222817]Honestly, 37bn for a government property isn't too much. Many countries probably spend more.

Please see my signature.

[/quote which country spends 100 million dollars on a public building?
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by CSTR2: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2019
Ayoswit:
Just to renovate, 37mil? Dis con3 is a joke undecided
37 billion
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by bergs2: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2019
Ijaycool:
Our leaders rulers in this Country actually knows what is right. They only care to do 'what is right' when it concerns them.

You see how he is concerned about the safety of the occupants of the building and reminding us that it is Federal Government property?

Talking about dilapidated buildings:
Has he been to our general hospitals, our universities' hostels, our markets... These infrastructures are like coffins waiting to close upon it's occupants.

But all of a sudden the Complex is showing signs of imminent collapse, it is 'showing signs' meanwhile other aforementioned infrastructures are already collapsing.

I hope 2020 will see the end of some of these rogues
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Ayoswit(f): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2019
CSTR2:

37 billion
oh, tanx dear
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Ayoswit(f): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2019
HardexyAA:

37 billion, not million dear
oh, tanx dear

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by mechanics(m): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2019
It means the contractor that did the work initially did not doing it well, how will a new building starts cracking all of a sudden, but the money is much o.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by UnclePANSI(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2019
N37billion for renovation is really really much.
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by orisa37: 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2019
OKAY NASS. WE, YOUR CONSTITUENCY WANT YOU TO GIVE THE N37BILLION TO OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES AND FCT TO START RANCHES. AND POSTPONE YOUR MAINTENANCE TO 2021
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by themanderon: 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
Criminals. Karma has got all your numbers. In the midst of biting poverty you spend billions on immateriality that would add no value to the nation. Soon your partners in crime the executives will seek new oppressive taxes to fund your profligacies in the name of lack of funds.
Accursed souls from hades.

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by thundafire: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2019
Imminent collapse really Julius Berger building don't collapse like dat wen it's a federal government building and dey always manage it assembly dat was built 18 years ago but a dey twin complex was built to create space for Senate and Reps members 10 years ago y is dis country like dis
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by einsteine(m): 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2019
Let it collapse first
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Legendguru: 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Charly68: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2019
Truth be told,it is lack of transparency in the Governmental system that make the public to be complaining ,every structure needs proper and timely maintenance . No sentiment should be applied. The question is; will those concern use that sum judiciously to do the budgeted works? .
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by NigeriaEngineer(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
HardexyAA:

https://punchng.com/outrage-against-n37bn-nass-renovation-budget-misplaced-senate/
what's this one saying... Imminent collapse! GOD really needs to come to our rescue... Are you underpinning the foundations..even at that, so the worth of your renovation is equivalent to over 39 buildings Abi...
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2019
Lynx001:
fg to establish North east development commision to help rebuild north east.
southern legislators: no. Its not needed. its to siphon money, we will resist it.
Senator from south east send proposal for south east development commision: south western/northern legislator shoot bill down.
fg request 1billion$ to buy arms.
pdp legislators: its stealing. We no go gree, we will report fg to ICC,IMF,FIFA,NFF,NYSC.
Senator from south east(pdp) propose additional fund of 500 billion for their constituency projects. No noise. Ahmed lawan. North(apc). You are right. We will look into it speedily. Remi tinubu(apc): senator emeka good proposal. We the apc caucus support you.
fulani apc legislator proposes 10billion for cars for legislators: Igbo pdp legislator: i support,my friend muhammad,we need the cars.politicians are one. I pity nl tribalist
Not just the tribalists, anyone stupid enough to support any of these parties or any politician...
Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by King44(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2019
jumper524:
No body is saying renovating the National Assembly is Bad but 37billion to renovate only the NASS is too much for goodness sake.
There's what they call scale of preference and NASS renovation shouldn't even go into the list if you table the Nations challenges.
As politician and leaders the people should come first and not you.
The people who elected you has clearly kicked against such quest and your busy calling the public outcry as unnecessary? Are these politicians reasonable at all?
There are over 37 teaching hospitals across the nation which lack cheap and basic amenities, if that money is shared equally amongst all these hospitals it'll go a long way in helping the masses you swore to protect..

I'm certain none of you can publicly defend such amount for renovation, the few senators invited by TV stations are always trying to dodge the questions or claim ignorance on the idea which made them look stupid at the end..

If the NASS respect its citizens they'll either cut the fee by more than 90% or totally shun such quest, if they don't then we the masses would stop wailing and properly lead a total revolution.

Both PDP and APC senators are quiet on these one as it fits their pocket the most.

what I am very sure of is that they don't need up to that amount to renovate the building, how much did it take to construct the whole building that they now want to spend such amount on renovation they should kuku pull down the building and reconstruct with such amount, we are talking about billions here not millions they should fear God in that NASS

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by King44(m): 9:21pm On Dec 26, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Busy talking about about renovating their Meeting point when the American Senators are carrying out the Task they where voted for. These dudes should hide their face in shame

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up
making money off the people is very important to them what they were put there to do check what they budgeted for health n edu

1 Like

Re: Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced by zoedew: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
The pertinent question calling for an answer is : How well constructed in the first place are the public buildings in the FCT? Most of the public buildings in Abuja will fail the integrity test as they are not worth their money’s worth in terms of the stated cost of construction. At the root of all these is corruption and a desperate bid to find an avenue to steal from the public till via inflation of contracts. Lord Lugard buildings in Lokoja is still standing. Congress buildings in US, State House Marina, MOJ Marina, Cocoa House, Ibadan, Many Hotel Buildings in US built in the 20’s and 30’s are still standing! The leaking dome was poorly constructed in the first place! Sad!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Disquiet In PDP Over Wike’s ‘preferred Candidate’ Remarks / Independence Day Celebrations Of The 1960s, '70s And '80s (Videos And Memories) / Fulani People Actually Do Have Sex With Their Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.