Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? (50654 Views)

Rise In Divorce Among Nigerian Couples After Relocating To UK / How Often Should Couples Have Sex? / 7 Unavoidable Things Nigerian Couples Experience After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Kingrefreshed: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

As a parent with just one child. And as an engineer! I am struggling to fend for my son and give him the best type of life I want in this cursed country asked Nigeria. I tell you the truth, it's not that I can't comfortably provide for my family... No but each time I go to the market the prizes of things keep going up and and up and it bothers me.. The situation of this country can affect the sperm quality of a man. If I have a another child I'm done while I wait for my family visa to Barbados. I don't think I'll return here to live again.

God I've made my final decision.

6 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2019
femeritus:
The truth is that the country has gone so bad that the ONLY source of joy these poor people have is making love to their spouse.

You may say why don't they go for family planning but many of these people cannot afford the cost of family planning. Even if it's free, some can't even afford to use the only money to buy garri for the family for that day to transport themselves to the hospital and so the cycle continues.

If you've never been poor, you won't understand. God punish poverty. Better I have what some call VANITY than POVERTY.

If a family is that poor, then they have no business being married, let alone bringing children into the world.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Kingrefreshed:

As a parent with just one child. And as an engineer! I am struggling to fend for my son and give him the best type of life I want in this cursed country asked Nigeria. I tell you the truth, it's not that I can't comfortably provide for my family... No but each time I go to the market the prizes of things keep going up and and up and it bothers me.. The situation of this country can affect the sperm quality of a man. If I have a another child I'm done while I wait for my family visa to Barbados. I don't think I'll return here to live again.

God I've made my final decision.

God bless you. But some idiotic northern hawks want Nigerians to keep giving birth & sinking into poverty so their Islamization plans will be easy.

God will never grant their request to roll back our secularity. It’s either they accept our secularity or they go into a war they will lose shamefully.

Thanks for contributing bro.

4 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
concept65:

You can get off my dicck now, Im done and thank you.

It definitely wasn't a pleasant ride with you undecided

Get your smelly butt off my dick angry

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by plainol(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
Aside Buhari, nothing is wrong with Nigeria.

Nigeria will be fine without Buhari.

Only that unfortunate fellow took us 100 years back.

Such a cursed fellow.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by aluko360(m): 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
Very nice thread op.

It baffles me when people give birth to kids they can't cater for.

I have been in this marriage business for 11 years and God has blessed me with 2 kids, 10 and 8 years old respectively. Nobody told me to zip up because raising children in the present day Nigeria no be small thing.

I no come this world to suffer Abeg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Alfred74: 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Why can’t you stop at 2? Nigeria has changed radically from the time of our parents?

How do you know that I am not among the 1st two children of my parents?

Nigeria is just too failed a country to burden with overpopulation. I observe that people who give birth to many Children are always illiterate & stark poor. And they are not afraid of poverty do they hug it with gusto by having many children they can’t cater for.

NB: 10 Childern? That’s fantastic. I am sure your pops was doing fine back in the days to have been able to shoulder the responsibility.
grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Trybes(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Uninspired don't you think this is too sensitive a topic. We are talking about bringing children to life. Be optimistic man, agreed Nigeria is tough but it could change to the better.
Now tell me what happens after giving birth to tha maximum two children you are advocating. Should the man go tie up his penis? Or are you also advocating for family planning. Look my brother I think we should allow natural process prevail. Family planning or whatever means to negate conception in my view may not be Biblical.
Simply my view.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by tonyimadu: 3:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:
I know this my thread might get some people angry but it’s a subject that surprises me whenever I think of it. How do normal Nigerians who are educated have more than 2 children in a country like Nigeria with all the poverty & hopelessness? I am still single but I have it in mind to lay a ground rule that whichever woman I marry must agree to family planing methods after the birth of the 1st child whether male or female. And if the 1st baby is male, we can as well wait for another 5 years before having a baby of either sex as the last.

But I wonder when I see Nigerians that are not so wealthy giving birth to 4 - 5 kids in the midst of grinding economic depression and in a nation that has clearly failed. Don’t these Nigerians know that the country can descend into war anytime due to the instability that is so palpable? I get afraid when I see couples who have 4 children in this day & age so I always wonder how they are coping with the stress & the bills. I also wonder why they are not afraid of Nigeria.

I guess u think ur idea is the best but so does every one else.
You are in no position to prescribe to anyone one the ideal amount of children to have.
Another person may choose to have one child. Some may prescribe 3 or 4 it is there business.
No need for your lenghty article

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by pannyman(m): 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Yes, I guess the constitution of Nigeria gives them the latitude to have as much children as they can but the real world will whip them into line when the bills & school fees pile up.

Why not have like 2 & give them your best? I rather look shabby & my children glow than giving birth to kids strangers wouldn’t even want to carry. I have many kids that I am not tempted to carry as it is evident that they are not well taken care of. Dem plenty well well for dis Lagos.

You just reminded me of a child I had to carry in church today. A boy of about 6 months old. He happens to be the fifth child of his parents and looks obviously malnourished.

The dad said the family planning method failed and that the child was determined to come. The other four kids also look malnourished. The man offered me the child to carry and I almost declined. People should please stop bringing innocent children into this world that they know they cannot cater for. Is it so hard to understand?

3 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2019
I sha want to have 3 kids..
Everything is set now...
Na the second phase remain shocked tongue undecided

I am looking for a partner ooo

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Ivoryred(f): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

good evening sir,...are you married?....

If no, let's get married.

Smiles �

Some Nigerians won't understand your write up,no matter the way you try to construct your words and convinced them....

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by awa(m): 4:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Go and sleep...When you are married come back and talk
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Westernlove: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2019
pannyman:

You just reminded me of a child I had to carry in church today. A boy of about 6 months old. He happens to be the fifth child of his parents and looks obviously malnourished.

The dad said the family planning method failed and that the child was determined to come.
The other four kids also look malnourished. The man offered me the child to carry and I almost declined. People should please stop bringing innocent children into this world that they know they cannot cater for. Is it so hard to understand?

In most cases, religion breeds Ignorance, It's one of the Humanity greatest Woes created by some selfish Intellectual people who wants dominion over human. It Is a tool used In controlling ill-Informed, Ignorant and gullible people. Have you noticed Religion thrives In Poverty Invested Nations. I'do rather get Spirituality with God than following "man-made selfish Ideology " Nigeria Is the best Case Study for this Observation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by awa(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ivoryred:
good evening sir,...are you married?....

If no, let's get married.

Smiles �

Some Nigerians won't understand your write up,no matter the way you try to construct your words and convinced them....

Marrying him might not help you in any way....
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by emmynku(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
Economic reason(s) may not necessarily define the size of one's family. If going by how bleak the economic outlook is,we may not even bother to raise families.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2019
LZAA:

I agree but like i said it all boils down to choice
States like alabama and texas have high birth rates
Same in liverpool and Glasgow

Nobody is arguing it doesn't boil down the choice. That's the point: that our regressive culture encourages and incentivizes people to breed like rats.

And Alabama or Texas don't have high birth rates. According to the US Census Bureau, Alabama's birth rate is even lower than the US - with about 11.7 births per 1000. There is no Western country that has a high birth rate. Even Middle Easterners, Asians and Latin American countries who used to have high birth rates have progressed. It's mostly in this backward continent where people continue to breed anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
emmynku:
Economic reason(s) may not necessarily define the size of one's family. If going by how bleak the economic outlook is,we may not even bother to raise families.

Is it by force to raise families?

Are you trying to justify uncontrolled child birth in a shithole country?

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Deicide: 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2019
Where in my writeup did I say it did? am just giving a perspective of how the poor might view the situation.
CorporateJay:
this is a very thrashy opinion... Death visits anyone... Both rich and poor.... DJ olu that died of recent... Was his father poor, all those rich rappers that died before 21...were they poor... Bro... Death has nothing to with your pocket...
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by KennieKingOba(m): 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

Na so oooo Over 1.5 straight.
we are talking about serious family issue here, these ones are alreasy taking to nairabet staking.... Shiorr
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Trybes:
Uninspired don't you think this is too sensitive a topic. We are talking about bringing children to life. Be optimistic man, agreed Nigeria is tough but it could change to the better.
Now tell me what happens after giving birth to tha maximum two children you are advocating. Should the man go tie up his penis? Or are you also advocating for family planning. Look my brother I think we should allow natural process prevail. Family planning or whatever means to negate conception in my view may not be Biblical.
Simply my view.

I am as much a Christian as you but I do not subscribe to having unplanned reproduction which plunges families & nations into poverty.

God is not an author of confusion & he could not have meant uncontrolled child birth when he commanded that we should go forth & multiply.

Wisdom is profitable to direct especially for Christians living among murderous islamists.

1 Like

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
KennieKingOba:
we are talking about serious family issue here, these ones are alreasy taking to nairabet staking.... Shiorr

I conceptualized the thread. You cannot take the subject more seriously than me.

Relax, life is not that hard.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by 1Sharon(f): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2019
The reason why africa is poor is because the people living in it don't know how to think for the future.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by sacx: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
I don't know what you guys are talking about here. Me, I'm planning to have 7. God will provide cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Alashoalash10: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
uninspired07:

You are right,the mentality of our people and religious belief is responsible especially in the north and that is why boko haram is growing in the north they have ready soldiers in the street children, no education no training only going out begging as almajiri the south also as militants, Benue people will use them as labourers for the west cocoa farms all this is part of Nigeria problems
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
pannyman:

The dad said the family planning method failed and that the child was determined to come. The other four kids also look malnourished. The man offered me the child to carry and I almost declined. People should please stop bringing innocent children into this world that they know they cannot cater for. Is it so hard to understand?

Can you imagine the nonsense they caused the baby?

I hate not being able to carry a baby that looks malnourished but I can’t help but resist carrying them.

This is a lesson to recalcitrant Nigerians who want to have plenty children in the midst of an economic strangulation led by a modern day pharaoh.

God will direct his children.

God bless you for contributing poster.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2019
sacx:
I don't know what you guys are talking about here. Me, I'm planning to have 7. God will provide cheesy

Your business actually.
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
I love sex more than life itself but I never joke or kid myself about it’s consequences. I also abhor poverty so I watch my every step.

I rather not have kids than bring them on earth to suffer. Life is not so hard.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by Wiseplus123: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nice topic of discuss . . . . let me pack here
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by LZAA: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
Obi1kenobi:

Nobody is arguing it doesn't boil down the choice. That's the point: that our regressive culture encourages and incentivizes people to breed like rats.

And Alabama or Texas don't have high birth rates. According to the US Census Bureau, Alabama's birth rate is even lower than the US - with about 11.7 births per 1000. There is no Western country that has a high birth rate. Even Middle Easterners, Asians and Latin American countries who used to have high birth rates have progressed. It's mostly in this backward continent where people continue to breed anyhow.
You keep missing the point
Brazil alone has a higher birth rate than nigeria
U won't say brazil is totally backward would you
Also u have to factor in the fact that in south america and africa homosexuality is an anomaly hence man and wife
Also last time i checked china alone still has a billion plus population excluding immigrants
Are they backwards too?
Re: How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? by uninspired07: 4:22pm On Dec 29, 2019
plainol:
Aside Buhari, nothing is wrong with Nigeria.

Nigeria will be fine without Buhari.

Only that unfortunate fellow took us 100 years back.

Such a cursed fellow.

The damage & division he has engendered in his regime will take decades to erase if Nigeria still remains one nation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Muhammad Makes List Of Top 10 Baby Names In The US For The First Time / Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Making This Post Based On Demand: Why I'm Still Single At 42

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.