Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:28 AM

He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After (58179 Views)

Nigerian Man Marries Kenyan Lady As He Abandons His Wife Of 16 Years In Lagos / Family Land: My Step elder Brother Wants The Survey Document To Bear His Name / I Accidentally Got My Sister Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by awoo47: 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
Biafrareform:

So you mean someone can get a girl he didn't pay preide price on pregnant, reject it, then come around after many years to claim custody of the baby and the court will grant him the custody .

On which basis will such judgement be made?.

its complete rubbish. She should just make the girl know the real father, that's all. What abt d husband taking care of her? he shld give her up? that will be d real injustice

2 Likes

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by texazzpete(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
nanaman:

Hmm.. Don't let me talk. You think so? You already judged with what you read without listening to both parties of what really transpired. Let's keep it that way. But trust me, if some people handle the case for the guy, you would be surprised. The only issue is that the young girl would bear the consequences hence, my sta tus quo.

There is no ‘what transpired’ there. The biological father has played no part in her life to date, for the past 16 years, and the girl in question is in a stable family at the moment.

Unless the mother has no legal representation or has no money for a legal battle, no chance of anyone in Nigeria winning custody for the deadbeat dad.

3 Likes

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by BarryLondon007(m): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Biafrareform:

Who is even talking of paying up. I don't want him near my baby girl
Which your baby girl?
Na your pikin ni?
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by juman(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
The man should do dna test to confirm he is the real father.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Skepticus: 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
Graxie:
Story, he will still have access to the child. Better look for a way to get him involve in raising the child. Once you birth the child, look for child support.

You talk ignorantly and you seem not to understand men.

Do you think you can force a dead beat father to be involved with the child especially when the family of the dead beat father are as useless as the sperm-donating he-goat they call a son?

Kikiofure, if the family of the dad is willing to be supportive in helping you raise the child, it's a good one and if they are not willing, you are practically on your own to raise the child, or give it up for adoption.

Forcing a man who is clearly not interested is a waste of time whether he is financially capable of being supportive or not, is a sheer waste of time.

If you are raising it on your own, perfect the legal requirements to have him bound with your family' s name or the name of your new husband (if he is supportive).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by KIkiofure: 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Skepticus:

You talk ignorantly and you seem not to understand men.

Do you think you can force a dead beat father to be involved with the child especially when the family of the dead beat father are as useless as the sperm-donating he-goat they call a son?

Kikiofure, if the family of the dad is willing to be supportive in helping you raise the child, it's a good one and if they are not willing, you are practically on your own to raise the child, or give it up for adoption.

Forcing a man who is clearly not interested is a waste of time whether he is financially capable of being supportive or not, is a sheer waste of time.

If you are raising it on your own, perfect the legal requirements to have him bound with your family' s name or the name of your new husband (if he is supportive).
They said since he denied me that they have no reason to accept me.. So I am on my own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Skepticus: 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
lozanni:

Very reasonable response.
The irresponsible guy might have been scared stiff as a young man when the pregnancy occured and so was coerced by his family into denying that he owned the pregnancy. As an adult now, he wants to take full responsibility for his past action.
Please meet and discuss with him.

Dude, they really have nothing to be discussed. I'm not pissed at the irresponsible father because he may be scared and naive but to be supported by his family shows that the dead beat father and his family are useless and should never be associated with.

My advice to Biafrareform is to tell his sister to reveal the truth to girl child, let her father meet her and expose the truth how she was rejected by her Father's family. The girl child can make a decision to see her father or completely ignore him (it happens in a lot of cases).

Under no condition should the girl child be allowed to live with her biological father. A sperm-donor father from a useless family that can abandon mother and child for 16 years is not one to be trusted. She's better staying with the people who have shown her love all her life than some random stranger who is relationship with her is spraying cum everywhere.

She may be abused by the new family of her biological father. I've seen this happen a lot. She better stick to her mother and foster father.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Skepticus: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
KIkiofure:
They said since he denied me that they have no reason to accept me.. So I am on my own

Wow!

Trashy family.

It would be a tough one for you, but you'll pull through. You have to take legal steps in keeping that baby as only your own and if you marry a responsible man who is nice to your kid, get him to legally adopt your child as his. Family and customary courts would be sympathetic to you.

Don't let any idiot here deceive you. That he-goat and his useless family will show up some time later to reap where they did not sow. Don't reward the deliberate bad behaviours of people.

Nigerians are manipulative that way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Arijude(m): 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Biafrareform:

I looked after this baby girl from when she was born till she came of age . She is so fond of me .

Now one nigga is trying to upset her psychological mindset all in a bit to have access to her .

This is so hard to bear
The girl is not his as far as he didn't pay bride price on her mother's head. So, you should not allow him access to the girl.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by virginchaser(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
Be deceiving yourself. The girl will locate the father when the time comes.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Sidmond: 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
GuyWise101:
He abandoned the little girl when she was in the womb, never cared for her when she was growing up...

He now appears from nowhere and started claiming the girl he abandoned just because he has seen that she is nearing to be married just so that he can eat the bride price. (thats wickedness)

If I am in your family I would make sure that he pays every dime we spent on her head, right from her birth.

Totally supported, he can pay the cash but what of the physical efforts it took to train the child.
If I were her mom, he must pay at least 500 million naira before he can meet that girl. That's my own

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Skepticus: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
Amiteye:
how old was he when he denied the baby he might have been a teen-ager scared for his future, not thinking straight....now he is older, more secure and wiser..you know sometimes with age comes wisdom....... Talking from experience

One can excuse the dead beat dad's behaviour at the time but the way his family supported it, shows that they are all useless.

I don't trust that guy a bit. He should be allowed to meet with his daughter but the daughter should never be allowed to live with him. A guy who disappeared for 16 years would never be as committed to taking care of her daughter as a foster father who cared all these years.

Nigerians reward deliberate wickedness a lot and it's bad.

5 Likes

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by CaptainFM1: 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
Apination:
Issues like this dey complex, you can't stop the father from knowing his daughter but it should end there. He gave up the right to her the day he denied her undecided

You are right, In the meantime she need to know her real father. Ultimately, the girl will have a decision to take as she grow older.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Scottallen: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Forumobserver12:

Sometimes it may depend on the age of the guy, is obsolutely difficulty for a guy in his teen to accept responsibility of such, this is usually out of fear, but for his family to denied it, that's
completely irresponsible of the family...

Not necessary true! I have seen seen guys in their late twenties and even thirties deny pregnancy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by smada13(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
That's a big fat lie!

It's not all men that donate sperm for pregnancy that is a father! In this case, this man is just a sperm donor and not a father. If it were me, I'll allow the girl know who impregnated her mum to give birth to her, make her understand that the man is not worth to be her dad since he never cared about her upkeep before she was born till now, I'll let her assume her father is dead that she should move on and I'll assure of a better life far more than what the supposed sperm donor will give her.

The question now is, what if the sister has died during the process of child birth or what if the child turned out to be imbecilic, would he or they come out to claim the child?

daddytime:
Exactly the same thing happened with my younger sister which I shared a bit on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5284768/she-pregnant-twins-honestly-dont#79985006

The truth is, you have no right to deny the kid a relationship with her biological father no matter what must have transpired.

1 Like

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Scottallen: 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
nanaman:

Thanks for this. Very educative especially your second paragraph.

To dislodge such case in court will be an herculean task. Reason been that, we are just listening to a side of the story. Why did the man refuse to accept the pregnancy or child? Probably the woman was promiscuous (OP, apologies, we are just dissecting issues), or very naive while in school, or he was out of sight when he got the news or it was just absolute wickedness or the lady's fault as well (you know girls, they might be funny at times) lots of reasons we can't comprehend.

I want us to remove personal feelings and sentiments.

In court, you don't throw the water and the baby away. It would be based on facts. The mother already accepted, the man owns the child. Being that the child was not properly taking care of can be due to lots of reasons beyond the control of the man. The man is guilty of all charges. Accepted

However, does that just justify the court to denounce him of his child since the mother accepted he is the father? Does his irresponsibility make loose partenity?

Easier said than done. The deadbeat father will lose in all circumstances. This is Nigeria and not England. We have customary laws. The customary court must preside over such cases as: marital cases, communal land disputes, child custody, and so on

Unless, the OP wants to let sleeping dogs lie, the father of the said girl has no case. The girl doesn't answer his name. She may decide not to donate her specimen for DNA.

The real dad is the one who took care of her when her biological father denied her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Shollze: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
I have a friend that this is still going to happen to in the future. Her so called boyfriend that got her pregnant disappeared, she went through the pregnancy alone and raising the child alone. Things like this happens a lot .... just let the child know the father, you have no control over that.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by mrkings84(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
I like Ikwerre ttadidition for this, all children born out of marriage belongs to the girl's parents..... Fulstop!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Caseless: 3:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
Kylekent59:
You should be very happy for her that she's gonna reunite with her father. That's the best love you can give to her.

God even forgives us our sins, then we unite with him again and he welcomes us.

Just let them have her, you need not be furious. You have done your good part by being there for her. Seal your goodness with good ending and not the other way round.

You cannot deprive her of her real father!!!

*FACT*
you think that girl can ever love her supposed father?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Caseless: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
mrkings84:
I like Ikwerre ttadidition for this, all children born out of marriage belongs to the girl's parents..... Fulstop!
I heard ibo people do that too .
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by BRATISLAVA: 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
GuyWise101:
He abandoned the little girl when she was in the womb, never cared for her when she was growing up...

He now appears from nowhere and started claiming the girl he abandoned just because he has seen that she is nearing to be married just so that he can eat the bride price. (thats wickedness)

If I am in your family I would make sure that he pays every dime we spent on her head, right from her birth.

LMAO.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by BRATISLAVA: 4:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
theButterfly:
Before you allow him access to the girl, as her guardians, your family should

A) Ask her if she's ready to meet him. If yes, then proceed to B, C and D.

B) Meet with him and ask for an apology to the mother and to the girl. If he can't apologize or is shifting blame to the mother or your family, see it as a sign of irresponsibility and immaturity.

C) Ask him why he has returned now to know his motivations, esp. after the mother has done the work of raising her. This is a human being and not an item that can be discarded and later picked up when you feel like it.

D) Ask if he's back to stay in her life for the long haul or has come around temporarily. It would be traumatic for her if he later abandons her again, so observe how he responds and what he says. Of course, he may tell you what you want to hear, so apply wisdom.

Concerning C, do you think he will state his true intentions? Men don't suddenly grow remorseful after 16 years, unless they want to reap where they didn't sow. It is the formula for all deadbeats. Show up after all the work has been done. Cry and pretend to want to know the child; after all,her emotions will be all over the place to please and know you after you abandoned them. The child will want to give him a chance. He will be a being she will try to understand. And he will feed her 16 years of lies about his motives. This is the special talent of fathers and society has made them adept at it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by tojahh(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
Biafrareform:

Who is even talking of paying up. I don't want him near my baby girl

She's not your baby girl Mr. Man

Remove your hand.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by BRATISLAVA: 4:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chukapage:
The MAJOR reason having anything serious with a single mother is RISKY.Imagine training a child and all of a sudden a scallywag pops out of no where claiming "Father" and people will still have the guts and audacity to sit down and debate wether he gets the child or not , that's after my hard work OOOO na to kill person.
Lol. I don't know why females never learn. Maybe they think that a pregnancy would make the man love them.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Biafrareform(m): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
adanny01:

I get it, you are hurt and insulted by their actions.

However, dont make a fuss about it. The biological father has rights you dont have, so dont go down that way.

I suggest you guys sit her down and tell her. She will most probably wanna meet her dad, you better let her. She is not a lottle girl and you have done the best for her. If she appreciates, she will treat you guys as her first and only family. You cant force anything on her since she will in a few years have full right to choose where she lives.

Sit her down in a family meeting style and drop the news and tell her the family who want her now didn't want her when she was still in the womb and for the 16years of her life until now.

He has right for just planting a seed and running away. Then I that tendered the seed and nurtured the fruit dont have right . Nonsense. I am waiting for that court that will tell me that

Tell her you are not letting her go, and would fight them with every thing you have but she has to decide to be with the only family she has ever know.

I trust that she will do the right thing. Most kids in such situations will just want to meet with their other family and get over the feeling of not knowing.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Enice(m): 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
kingjrofficial:
sorry bro.......there is nothing u can do about it, if he goes to court, u will lose.... pls do the needy and protect ur dignity and value in front of ur nephew....

#Peace
he will loose how, please explain? this is a man that openly denied paternity of a child in the presence of family members and witnesses. he did not show remorse for good 16 years, he did not spend even a kobo for her upkeep. now you expect the court to do what? just because he had sex? for your information, there are sperm banks where women can make a choice of what type of sperm they want. is it then right for the sperm donor to be accused of being the father? fatherhood is a matter of choice. the bastard denied the lady in question openly and accused her of being a prostitute. can he now come back to say he fathered the child?
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Biafrareform(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
healthserve:

Look at how people are cheapening the OP's value in the kids life. What if she had died. Irresponsible people don't like responsibilities but when it's time to reap the rewards they all. Jump out to lay claims of ownership. It's not who biologically produces a child that's the father, but who "fathered" the child. While the kid can be told who the sperm donor is, he shouldn't be given more access. He gave up on all privileges when he denied her. Also she should be made aware at 18,so right after a meeting she can make the choice required by law to continue to remain with the uncle.

Remembered when She was sick and needed blood, I donated my blood to her. I dey for any court rubbish that the man will try to bring up. I dey wait for them. I fit cut person ear for this matter
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Azeeztaophic(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Let him wait for the girl to be eighteen years, and conduct DNA, after which the girl will be given chanse to choose her father.
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Biafrareform(m): 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Slynation:

People are just talking shit, because they don't know what you and your family passed through in the cause of catering for the child....
But i understand perfectly due to past experience with my sis, it happened to us...

Now they want you to forget the shame of giving birth to a child out of wedlock....

The Cries of your Momma blaming herself for scoring F in parental guidance....

The extra adjustments and sacrifices y'all made just to accommodate an unplanned circumstances...

The Money and Time been channeled in catering for the girl knowing fully well it should have been avoided...

Bro/Sis all of the people giving you advice to forgive easily and grant the man access are all mad....

-The man must give a clear and concise reason for coming back to his senses after 16years, if he claim he was young and naive, then what about his parent, were they also young and stupid??

Secondly there must be utmost signs of repentance and gnashing of teeth before he should be allowed to see her picture self grin

Ndi ara Ndi ara everywhere......!!

They dont even know me. I have agreed to let him see her. But he must come visit me with his family and everyone that once made mockery of us when we went to talk about the pregnancy. I will so embarrass them ehhh. Make them come, i dey wait for them

3 Likes

Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by Crazybunny: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
1) they should tell the girl the truth and let her decide
2) they shouldn't make it easy for him
3) there is always a hidden motive, they should find it
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by ericadianas(f): 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Yes, my last name was always my dad's. My mum solely made sure of that.

No, i never stayed with him but we keep communication and visitation.
Skepticus:

Did you go to stay with dad after you met m?

Also, Is your last name your dad's?
Re: He Got My Sister Pregnant, Rejected It, Now He Wants The Child 16 Years After by ericadianas(f): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nothing unusual. We had deep conversations were both of us cried. He apologized, said he was wrong, young and stupid. And now we good.
healthserve:

What transpired later on between you and your dad..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend / Househelp Cuts Off Baby's Hand (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.