Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,569 members, 7,892,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account (3977 Views)

Nobody Can Force Me Out Of Nigeria – Peter Obi Fires Back At Fani-kayode, Others / Sunday Igboho: Unfreeze My Bank Accounts Or Serious Protests In South-West / The New Tin Can Park Where All The Trucks And Trailers At Apapa Will Use (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by IamR: 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nigerians can operate bank accounts without TIN. The new policy will only affect corporate accounts not individuals.

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by dnawah(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Two wrongs does not make a right . Moving my money for one person which ones to chop it and giving it to another person which wants to chop it does not make sense let me keep it by myself.
and I no pray for arm rubbers to come knocking at 24 ur door.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2019
IamR:
Nigerians can operate bank accounts without TIN. The new policy will only affect corporate accounts not individuals.

I have been told it is for everybody even if you are blind you have to get your tin number or no bank account

https://hallmarknews.com/no-tax-payment-no-bank-account-fg-to-deny-millions-of-nigerians-without-tax-id-access-to-their-bank-accounts/

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by Charleys: 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
Did CBN considered students who live far from home and need a bank account, they obviously won’t need TIN right? So how will they operate their bank accounts come 2020?

This country sha!
very good question.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GEJDHERO: 10:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
IamR:
You mean company accounts?
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 11:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
GEJDHERO:
You mean company accounts?

The new law is for everybody just like bvn everybody must do it. Read the minister of finance statement
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:
I do not have a tin number because I am unemployed also I do not want to surrender my savings account to the tax office. So that the tax office can be interrogating me the money which is going into my account where is it coming from. This morning I took a trip to the GTB bank in my area and withdrawn all my money in my account. So from the 2nd of January if the law is passed they can keep my account because there is no money inside. It is not fear that I am unemployed and on a savings account and I surrender my rights to the tax office

Did you not read this. .....

“I am not saying the Finance Bill will take effect from January 1, because I have seen in the media reports that from January 1, 2020, people without TIN (tax identification number) will not be allowed to operate their accounts with the banks. It does not work like that.
“For the bill to come into effect, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) will have to engage the commercial banks and work out a modality on how the new law will be implemented.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by GEJDHERO: 5:55am On Jan 01, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The new law is for everybody just like bvn everybody must do it. Read the minister of finance statement
How much are they deducting from the accounts.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by 400billionman: 5:57am On Jan 01, 2020
AsabaPropertyAg:
Please note that FIRS have extended the TIN NUMBER deadline to 2nd of February 2020.

If they want let them extended or external it to December 2020, over 70% of Nigerians are jobless.

I pity anyone who left his last card in the bank with this wicked regime.

I asked my banker yesterday to explain to me the implications of the TIN issue on bank withdrawals from 2nd January, the guy didn't know. More than 10 years on the job.

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by 400billionman: 6:00am On Jan 01, 2020
Flier:
I think we all need to withdraw all our money to really make our voice heard
The worse is this policy won’t affect the north because the North are not even using BVN
Lot of traders has suppliers money in their account with there profit less than 2% of the said money

And the said trader will now use TIN as an excuse not to pay the supplier.
Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by abbakacici: 8:28am On Jan 02, 2020
If you have BVN or NIN you will automatically allocated tin therefore you don’t need to apply for it. However the allocation is going on slow less 10% have got theirs so far.
Furthermore as individuals FG has nothing to do with your Tax but your state government

1 Like

Re: TIN NUMBER, Force Me To Empty My Bank Account by abbakacici: 8:41am On Jan 02, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Did you not read this. .....

“I am not saying the Finance Bill will take effect from January 1, because I have seen in the media reports that from January 1, 2020, people without TIN (tax identification number) will not be allowed to operate their accounts with the banks. It does not work like that.
“For the bill to come into effect, the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) will have to engage the commercial banks and work out a modality on how the new law will be implemented.
there was trial run last year as the end of every year your bank will send your bank statements to your respective tax authority, they will compute your tax liability based on your bank statement and compare with what you paid to see if there is any discrepancy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Map Of Nigeria At Night. / Oshiomhole Talks About Tinubu's Soft Spot For Women's Empowerment (Video) / Picture SA Pastor Makes His Members Eat Pants And Cloth During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.