Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,723 members, 7,889,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:54 AM

PLEASE HELP: My Employer Refused To Pay Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PLEASE HELP: My Employer Refused To Pay Me (213 Views)

How Do I Get My Pay From My Employer?? / Can I Sue My Employer For This?? / My Employer Is Shortchanging Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PLEASE HELP: My Employer Refused To Pay Me by Edithevans: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
I was brought to Lagos in 2014 from my base in Benin Edo State to work as a house help for a woman who is based in the US but has her children here in Nigeria.

We agreed at that time that she'll either pay me monthly or enroll me in a trade and settle me after learning.

I resumed work September of the said year, after six months and nothing was said of either my Salary or the apprenticeship I complained and she promised to enroll me for a trade.

After working for eighteen months without pay nor putting me into any trade coupled with all the maltreatments and abuses I incurred, I requested for me to be paid as time was no longer on my side. She promised to still put me in a trade but never did.

Exactly two years after I resumed the job, I once again requested for my pay, she them said that she doesn't have anything for me that I should go if I want to go or stay if I wish.

I left in 2016 December. I heard she was in Nigeria this year and came to see her for my pay. She took my phone number and promised to call but never did.

I went back to the house only to be told they have relocated. All efforts to get to her was not productive until I saw her on Facebook and sent a friend request to her and her sons. On noticing I was the one, she ignored my request and messages sent to her.

Please how can I get my money from her or at least seek justice. I feel so used, dumbed and abandoned.

PLEASE HELP.

(1) (Reply)

Take Your Career To The Next Level In 2020 / Developing The Next Generation Of Nollywood Stars!!! / World Technology And Innovation Expo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.