Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,568 members, 7,978,884 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:17 PM

Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) (4045 Views)

Buhari Criticism Complains: Are Critics Guilty Of Hate? / Buhari Voted Against A Nigerian Becoming Oau Sec-gen In 1985 'cause Of Tribe / Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by edoyad(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2010
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/dec/1/505.html

Nigerians are victims of ‘hate’ syndrome – Consular officer By Emma Emeozor

Wednesday, December 1 , 2010

Nigeria embassy Consular Officer, Mr Olumide Folarin Ajayi confirmed that Nigerians are having it very rough in Benin Republic. “We are aware of all these happenings, molestation by security agents of Benin Republic.” Ajayi attributed the plight of Nigerians to what he described as ‘hate syndrome.’ “I will personally attribute the situation to ‘hate syndrome’. Benin Republic is a small country to Nigeria, so there is a tendency for them to suspect every thing Nigerians does, especially they are always scared that Nigeria wants to exert authority upon them. “But they are wrong in their thinking because such an ambition had never been in Nigeria’s agenda. Nigeria recognizes Benin Republic as a sovereign state, just like its self. “I can tell you that sizeable Nigerians here are not criminally minded. One thing I can tell you is that our people are intrepid. Where people dare not go, Nigerians go there. The people here are always surprise at the amount of success Nigerians achieve; we take risk, which is something they are not able to do. “The people here see Nigerians as very rich people. For example, if a police stop you and being a Nigerian, you say you don’t have money to offer (even when you have not committed any offence), that is the beginning of your trouble. They will drag you to their station and make false allegations against you just because you refused to offer 1 ,000 or 2 ,000 CFA. Many cases like that abounds. We receive calls from time to time from Nigerians complaining and seeking our intervention.” …Benin Republic bureaucracy frustrating Unbelievable. But it is the truth. The Nigerian Embassy in Cotonou is handicapped ‘rescuing’ Nigerians from ‘ troubled waters’. Consequently, Nigerians are worried that Abuja is not showing concern over the ‘persecution’ they are facing in the hands of their next neighbour. They wondered why the Federal Government is not able to dialogue with the government of Benin and take proactive measures to put an end to their plight. They recalled when former President Olusegun Obasanjo closed the border and the impact that action had. “For once, the government and people of Benin Republic realized felt the importance of Nigeria to their economy. But they have forgotten so soon, now we are in ‘hell.’ Except our government intervene with seriousness, the situation may get to a level where we may be forced to call on Abuja to evacuate us,” argued a Nigerian who asked for anonymity. But Ajayi blamed Cotonou’s complex bureaucratic system for the failure of the embassy and indeed the Federal Government to deploy a ‘result- oriented’ ‘rapid response’ approach to the problems facing its citizens in that country. We always report to Abuja, letting Abuja know, any time there is any major consular problem, we write to let them know,” Ajayi said. But for how long will these situations continue. It was a mind-burgling tale of frustration as Ajayi explains how frustrating the Benin Republic bureaucracy is. “The normal Channel of the embassy communication to the government of Benin Republic is through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. We write ‘Note Verbal’ to the ministry. But he blames the system saying bureaucracy in Benin Republic is very cumbersome. “The system here is different from that of Nigeria. Here, the system is very slow. It takes long time before things are done and results got. It will interest you to know that other colleagues from foreign missions are complaining about how frustrating the system is. “What we try to do here (at the Nigerian embassy) is to, sometimes, adopt unofficial approaches when there are serious problems like the ones you are investigating and it works, sometimes. The Ambassador goes as far as visiting officers who ordinarily he should not visit because of his position. “I can assure you the Ambassador is on top of all the cases brought to the embassy’s attention… As a matter of fact, we have written the Benin Ministry of Foreign Affairs on all the issues you have raised but we are yet to get reply. In one of such letters, we requested that it should be made as a matter of procedure anytime a Nigerian is arrested, killed or in any other circumstance, the authorities should make recourse to the embassy, we want to know, so that we know what action to take.” He said the embassy is working closely with the leadership of the Nigerian community. “We are not here to protect Nigerians who get themselves involved in criminal acts, we are concerned with those Nigerians who are doing genuine business. As least in the past one year, we have handed over about 10 Nigerians to the police at Seme border. ”
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by edoyad(m): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2010
Becomerich i believe you want to merge with Benin ?
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by maya000: 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2012
oh pls pls pls pls BENIN REPUBLIC is a country that iis full of shit an wicked citizens. DO NOT DREAM of coming here. its worst than nigeria hundred times. i live in this country and the people are not foreigner friendly. they HATE foreigners. they con u, kill u, even your security man tries to date your own wife and when u get angry u get slapped by the security, the owners of houses here con u, they say the houses r cheap on internet but thats a BIG FUCKING LIE.they tell u they dont lease their houses to nigerians and that is after u have paid the rent cos they know nigerians are a NO- NONSENSE people. they promise u to fix up the house when u pay and when u pay they DO NOTHING, If u complain, they call the police and label u as a trouble maker. when the police comes, he begins chatting with the security asking the security which village he is from and then he is like ' oh i am from the same village' and then case closed, then he the police actually asks u if he can sleep the night in your house. when u say NO, HE actually comes back the next day with his colleagues and a bulletless gun accusing u of mistreating a citizen of his country. and e says ' keep quiet, anything u say will be used against u in court.'...can u imagine? arrest without evidence? what nonsense!!! u order something through DHL Off the internet or abroad and they tell u to bring thousands of francs to collect packages u pay for. if u live here and someone sends u even a cheap phone through DHL, THE officials at DHL plans with the customs and country u con u. they tell u to pay 200,000n francs to collect your package. they r so so rotten to the core. so wicked witout conscience. 80 percent here understand english but when they see u r a newbie, they become deaf and cant understand what u say. they only understand that u want to pay them for something u buy elsewhere cheaper. they cheat u hundred times more. when u have problem with the police the police would actually deport u back to wher u came from no matter how far it is if u dont give them money. and they ask for lots not just little pennies. i have travelled far and wide even to french countries in africa and BENIN REPUBLIC IS THE WORSTTTTTT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. i am leaving as soon as my house rent expires.
WARNING: DO NOT DREAM OF COMING TO THIS COUNTRY. THEY SHOULD BE WIPED OUT OF WORLD MAP.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by jmaine: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
. . .This bros dey vexxx . .Thanks for the share sha
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by Obiagu1(m): 12:45am On Jul 27, 2012
Yoruba people and hospitality undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by PaulJohn1: 1:12am On Jul 27, 2012
Obiagu1: Yoruba people and hospitality undecided

how far, wetin bring Yoruba come the matter now? Even this post don dey since 2010, shine your eye
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by dasparrow: 4:58am On Jul 27, 2012
@Post

It seems our people are becoming victims of hate everywhere they go. It is time to stop running away from our problems and face them heads on. We continue to turn a blind eye to all the corruption and attrocities going on in Nigeria thinking that we can run and take refuge in other people's countries. As you can see, we are not wanted anywhere so its time to bring to book those who are leading Nigeria to hell in a basket.
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by musiwa45: 5:05am On Jul 27, 2012
stop telling lies. glo s have business there
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by dasparrow: 5:38am On Jul 27, 2012
musiwa...:
stop telling lies. glo s have business there

So because GLO has a business there automatically means ALL Nigerians in benin republic will now be treated like kings and queens by the locals? LOL..abeg!
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by dasparrow: 5:40am On Jul 27, 2012
maya000: oh pls pls pls pls BENIN REPUBLIC is a country that iis full of shit an wicked citizens. DO NOT DREAM of coming here. its worst than nigeria hundred times. i live in this country and the people are not foreigner friendly. they HATE foreigners. they con u, kill u, even your security man tries to date your own wife and when u get angry u get slapped by the security, the owners of houses here con u, they say the houses r cheap on internet but thats a BIG FUCKING LIE.they tell u they dont lease their houses to nigerians and that is after u have paid the rent cos they know nigerians are a NO- NONSENSE people. they promise u to fix up the house when u pay and when u pay they DO NOTHING, If u complain, they call the police and label u as a trouble maker. when the police comes, he begins chatting with the security asking the security which village he is from and then he is like ' oh i am from the same village' and then case closed, then he the police actually asks u if he can sleep the night in your house. when u say NO, HE actually comes back the next day with his colleagues and a bulletless gun accusing u of mistreating a citizen of his country. and e says ' keep quiet, anything u say will be used against u in court.'...can u imagine? arrest without evidence? what nonsense!!! u order something through DHL Off the internet or abroad and they tell u to bring thousands of francs to collect packages u pay for. if u live here and someone sends u even a cheap phone through DHL, THE officials at DHL plans with the customs and country u con u. they tell u to pay 200,000n francs to collect your package. they r so so rotten to the core. so wicked witout conscience. 80 percent here understand english but when they see u r a newbie, they become deaf and cant understand what u say. they only understand that u want to pay them for something u buy elsewhere cheaper. they cheat u hundred times more. when u have problem with the police the police would actually deport u back to wher u came from no matter how far it is if u dont give them money. and they ask for lots not just little pennies. i have travelled far and wide even to french countries in africa and BENIN REPUBLIC IS THE WORSTTTTTT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. i am leaving as soon as my house rent expires.
WARNING: DO NOT DREAM OF COMING TO THIS COUNTRY. THEY SHOULD BE WIPED OUT OF WORLD MAP.

Sorry to hear your plight. I don't know how Nigerians can be living in other equally developing African countries. What are our people looking for over there? Anyway, it is well.
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by maya000: 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
people come here to make business, cos its cheaper importing goods here. u just send the money through western union unlike nigeria u cant send money, u only receive. thats the major reason i am here -business, nothing else. everything here is BOOOOOOOOOOORING
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by htajz: 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
i think its time nigerians stopped travelling out especially to hostile nations. the truth is that the only country in the world that can stand multiculturalism is the united states of america and thats because the original owners are a minority and dont have a say anymore both in politics and economy. every oher nation will see foreigners as a threat no mater how good or how bad they are after all nigeria chased ghananians away at one point. lets stay back home and fix nigeria ,if we can get at least 10 out of the 36 states working fine i think we wont complain much
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by mpumalanga: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
htajz: i think its time nigerians stopped travelling out especially to hostile nations. the truth is that the only country in the world that can stand multiculturalism is the united states of america and thats because the original owners are a minority and dont have a say anymore both in politics and economy. every oher nation will see foreigners as a threat no mater how good or how bad they are after all nigeria chased ghananians away at one point. lets stay back home and fix nigeria ,if we can get at least 10 out of the 36 states working fine i think we wont complain much

What are you suggesting nigerians should do to foreigners they see in nigeria
if they can not travel out anymore? They abuse nigeria outside because they
know that 'abuse' is our way of life.Go to nigeria embassy and you will see abuse and
they will instruct foreigners working there to abuse you and you expect the same
foreigners to respect nigerians.Some ambassadors will be telling foreigners that some
tribes are the ruling class and others are nothing and they will treat them as nothing because their
ambassador said so.
Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by wittyt98(m): 8:23am On Jan 13, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian's Becoming Victims Of 'hate' In Benin Republic (where's Becomerch?) by persius555(m): 8:44am On Jan 13, 2016
wittyt98:
whenever I go back to school I do feel uncomfortable ....I'm studying in the republic of Benin ...... that country us just filled with wicked people ...... tho some re so nice to Nigerians buh majority of them re so wicked to Nigerians ...... their police will just stop u for no reason nd start harrasing u ..... they won't wanna communicate in English with even if they notice u can speak French a little they'll start using their native language .........the country is just fucking boring ..... a country in which even your landlord can set u up by calling thieves on you of they notice you re living a good life ........ wicked set if people ...... I remember when my phone was being snatched from me ..I nd my friends managed to give those guys on the bike a hot chase ...... we chased them to a Y junction nd we were confused which way they went ...when we asked the local woman selling at the junction the witch just sat there nd was laughing at us ..... despite our plea she refused to tell us ...we just left nd went home disappointed nd annoyed .... they re so wicked ... nd juju is nothing to them... they can destroy your life under minutes with their juju ..... stupid uncivilized boring low life set if people .... just can't wait to graduate next year nd leave the stupid country
Its an experience. Now u would value your dear country more. No place like home.

(1) (Reply)

Obj Is Dead ( Cnn) / 10 Types Of People Who Agitates For Biafra / Nigerian Army Arrest Two Soldiers Working With Boko Haram (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.