Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,924 members, 7,931,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 06:44 PM

Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage (373 Views)

Kano Government Reinstates Dethroned Emir Of Gaya, Appoints New Emirs / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 Grants To Artisans / Kano Government Relaxes Lockdown, Announces Free Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by OndoFirstBorn(m): 12:44pm On Jan 01, 2020
The Kano state Governor Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has commenced the payment of the new minimum wage of N30,600 to workers in the state in December 2019.

A statement signed by the commissioner for Information, Malam Muhammad Garba indicated that Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje had, right from the commencement of negotiation between the federal government and organized labour, indicated his administration’s readiness to pay the restructured minimum wage.

With this development, the statement added, workers in the state are smiling home with their new pay from their respective banks.

Garba assured that based on the agreement reached between the state government and the Joint Public Service Negotiation Council (JNC), arrears of April–November, 2019 would be paid in instalments over time.

The commissioner, therefore, appealed to civil servants to reciprocate the gesture by dedicating themselves to their duties so as to improve service delivery.

He also called on workers, particularly those in the revenue generating entities to make extra effort by ensuring that taxable individuals and corporate entities always pay their dues so that government continue its laudable development programmes for the teeming populace.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/kano-government-payment-n30-600-minimum-wage-271575/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by password990(m): 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
Good for the work s of the state
Re: Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by muykem: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
What of Abia state?
Re: Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by Kapeter(m): 12:59pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ondofirstborn are you now a blogger? Your master Aketi isn't paying well anymore so you started a side hustle.

Or you just got enrolled to ganduje payslip too. Or regular Apc apologist.

Smh
Re: Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
A good one from ganduje.I pray other governors follow suit

1 Like

Re: Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by OndoFirstBorn(m): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kapeter:
Ondofirstborn are you now a blogger? Your master Aketi isn't paying well anymore so you started a side hustle.

Or you just got enrolled to ganduje payslip too. Or regular Apc apologist.

Smh

And who said I'm being paid to project my state? I'm just a fan of good development regardless of anywhere it's happening. Besides if you want to teach me blogging, I'm ready ooo
Re: Kano Government Begins Payment Of N30,600 Minimum Wage by gloriaunobi(f): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
Are corp members part of the minimum wage? Why no arrears for them?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Cannot Be Divided In 2020 – Tambuwal / From Service To Suffering: Osun Retirees Narrate Tales Of Neglect / Unnecessary Fuss About Feeding The Hungry In Houston, US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.