Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,213 members, 7,928,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 07:25 PM

Do directors ask for sex to give favours in Nollywood? - shugaban - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do directors ask for sex to give favours in Nollywood? - shugaban (1051 Views)

BBNaija's Ike: It's Easier To Make Motivational Speeches When Life Favours You / 'My Body Is Dedicated To Wizkid' - Curvy Lady Offers Sex To Wizkid (Video, Pix) / Movie Directors Can No Longer Afford Me - Actress Omotola Jalade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do directors ask for sex to give favours in Nollywood? - shugaban by ddroid: 9:12pm On Jan 01, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3919699_anightwithastar_still014_jpeg52d96a4783ff6a861af24720c88d41a8

I am researching into scandals in nollywood where some asked for sex before giving a job ( roles ) in nollywood. Or when someone offered sex to get roles in nollywood. I have combed the internet to find this information.

All I see are people claiming that it exists.

For example, old nollywood actress mary data uranta, a former united ambassador, said "there were times when I missed getting roles because I wouldn’t succumb to pressure."

Also, yul edochie recently commented on twitter that

"No be only #sexforgrades dey oo, there's sex for roles in Nollywood, sex for promotion in offices.
E dey everywhere.
I hope they'll all be exposed."

I have written the first version of this article on shugaban ( https://blog.shugaban.com/sex-nollywood/ )

I will like to here more stories from the audience.

Who exactly has this happened to? How did it happen? Who was the cuprit? Why don't these actors mention names of people who are harassing them?

There was a movie made recently titled A Night With A Star which can be found on youtube that tells the story of a young actress try to get into the industry but the director and producer were harassing her.

Who knows a real life situation of this kind of thing?

Kindly read the article I shared above or comment below and let me know.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do directors ask for sex to give favours in Nollywood? - shugaban by ddroid: 12:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nobody is replying to this. Do people not have an idea of these things or people are afraid to talk?

(1) (Reply)

Toolz Recalls How A Youtube Video Made Her Lose A Job As She Reacts To Girls Mas / "Wizkid Is The Only Man I Can Spread My Legs For" Lady Says / How To Earn Money Through "Erubit"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.