Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,977 members, 7,987,493 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 11:49 AM

FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 (42904 Views)

Discos To Close 10m Meter Deficit In 5 Yrs – ANED / NERC: Discos To Pay For Rejecting Electricity / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by superlanny(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
aimuan:
yes we have a reason to lay courses on our politicians and rightly so. But whilst doing that we must be patriotic by protecting our country. For me I hate our politicians and love my country. Non of the politicians is more Nigerian than me.

God bless my country
i love Nigeria too, if not I won't even bother wasting my time reacting, but I always believe, God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by useurkidney3121: 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

OgunLaakaye olomi nle feje we, olaaso nle fimon kimon bora ni o pa o danu
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 02, 2020
[s]
useurkidney3121:

OgunLaakaye olomi nle feje we, olaaso nle fimon kimon bora ni o pa o danu
[/s]

Won fi omo Ore bo Ore

Owo ti ogede ba gbe, Ara re no fi na

Ohun ti okere ba de ba ile so ni ile gbo

Okun o ni isimi, aye e o ni isinmi o

Toka Toka lenu Ibon ro, Toka Toka ni aye ma je o.

Ehn! O ti wonu Ile igun, Igun o si ta o. Awon alale pada leyin o Loni

Rabi rabi lo ma se titi di ojo iku.

Asee!

Tu e!
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by abconsult: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
seunmohmoh:
Make we dey look na.

How are you doing seun
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by mfm04622: 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
sammyj:
grin grin This joke of this decades. I thought this discos are now independent of the government which was the reason why they were privatised in the first place. Imaging giving order without first making provisions for every home to be metered. Lets wait and see our it goes!! grin grin

Banks are not owned by Govt but govt (through CBN) still gives them orders.
Airlines are not owned by govt but govt still gives them orders. As long as you live within Nigeria, Nigeria govt can give you order

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by contigiency(m): 5:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
Buhari and his government is just in the mood to reposition this country for good.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by ItooWorWor(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
[s][/s]
Won fi omo Ore bo Ore
Owo ti ogede ba gbe, Ara re no fi na
Ohun ti okere ba de ba ile so ni ile gbo
Okun o ni isimi, aye e o ni isinmi o
Toka Toka lenu Ibon ro, Toka Toka ni aye ma je o.
Ehn! O ti wonu Ile igun, Igun o si ta o. Awon alale pada leyin o Loni
Rabi rabi lo ma se titi di ojo iku.

Asee!
Tu e!
Ahhhh! OgunLaakaye eleyi ti poju grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by tmanuelle(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
sammyj:
grin grin This joke of this decades. I thought this discos are now independent of the government which was the reason why they were privatised in the first place. Imaging giving order without first making provisions for every home to be metered. Lets wait and see our it goes!! grin grin

Privatised but regulated by the FG through NERC.
About metering, go to NERC and update yourself. You can even pay over a 10-year period

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by contigiency(m): 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
mfm04622:

Banks are not owned by Govt but govt (through CBN) still gives them orders.
Airlines are not owned by govt but govt still gives them orders. As long as you live within Nigeria, Nigeria govt can give you order

Don't mind those educated illiterates. My annoyance is just because they are the ones that rush to call others names, referring to others as illiterates and zombies. Whereas, they lack common knowledge that shows that they ever received formal education.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by sammyj: 5:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
So why is the government still subsidizing the power sector if I may ask
Realstick941:

If something is sold by the government does not mean it will not be regulated by the government and please who is to make provisions for the meters government or discos,if u think government will make the provisions then why is it private?.......is nigerian government the one constructing network mast for telcos?then why should they provide meters.

The biggest error about our discos is the way it was sold in the first place the previous government sold it with out making sure people buying it can improve and modernise it.....GE(genereral electrics) bid for it and lost because of patronage politics and we are all bearing the cost now.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by 9gerian: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
When is FG banning estimated bills?

This is just mere posturing... angry
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by wink2015(m): 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
Good Move.

But Electricity is irregular in Nigeria.

The epeleptic power situation in Nigeria is disturbing.

Although electronic payment will bring about accountability in the collection of the payment.

However, electricity is not regular for the common man to enjoy in Nigeria.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by bagbite: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
The father of all frauds POST PAID BILLING SYSTEM. Prepaid meter for all in the year 2020.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by paix(m): 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
superlanny:
I am certain that if not for the selfishness and wickedness of our leaders present and past, we should have light 24/7 in Nigeria.
A country without stable electricity is an archaic country, am sure Afghanistan that they are fighting war has light more than Nigeria.
Please when you see me laying curses on politicians just free me, I have my reasons...What a country!!!
Who knows if generator importers also contribute to the light instability in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Minjim: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
This has been ongoing b4.
Discos have agents that use electronic means to collect bills payment on their behalf.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by fyneguy: 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
This will expose fraudulent Discos who have been lying about their collections.

There will be transparency in collections now. I hope the Banks and other Fintech platforms will expand their capacities to handle the deluge of transactions that will hit them.

Nigeria will be great!
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Minjim: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
wink2015:
Good Move.

But Electricity is irregular in Nigeria.

The epeleptic power situation in Nigeria is disturbing.

Although electronic payment will bring about accountability in the collection of the payment.

However, electricity is not regular for the common man to enjoy in Nigeria.
Except the govt wants to monitor the amount the Discos are collecting, I nothing new here. Agents have been collecting bills for Discos by using electronic means since
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by fyneguy: 6:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Minjim:
This has been ongoing b4.
Discos have agents that use electronic means to collect bills payment on their behalf.

This makes it the only option. They still have the cash option.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by femark04(m): 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nest leave ���
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by tck2000(m): 6:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
superlanny:
i love Nigeria too, if not I won't even bother wasting my time reacting, but I always believe, God bless Nigeria.
Amen

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Boo3nity(m): 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
In light of this development, here's me notifying you all under EKEDP, IBEDC, AEDC, EEDC and every other Discos (save for IKEDC) that I provide prepaid and postpaid payment services.
Call 07083441007 or WhatsApp 08034043659 and you'll be glad you did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by kenny160: 7:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
All policy for their selfish interest
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2020
GEJDHERO:
Why are u contradicting yourself
How exactly?
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by bestof845PM: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2020
LET'S GET IT.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Kingspin(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
No meter
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Realstick941: 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
sammyj:
So why is the government still subsidizing the power sector if I may ask
i dont no wheter u mean bailout funds the discos are been given or subsidies,but i will take it for subsidy,there are to kinds of subsidies ,consumer subsidy and producer subsidy.Consumer subsidies are subsidies for reducing cost of consuming while producer subsidy are aimed at supporting domestic production.

consumer subsidy is what the government of nigeria pays for the customers not for the company because the average nigerian will find it too expensive,and electricity been a necessity like education that is why it is been subsidized in the country
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
Hedonisco:
The Buhari junta clearly majors in minors. Impracticable and useless policies from A to Z.

The zombies will come for you, not understanding that a forced rollout of prepaid meters should be the way to go, instead of the half measures FG is taking.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
fineboynl:
Another bank charges loading

Exactly...that's what I am using my time to explain to my family members now.

The government is a scam, run by a scammer and the gullible populace enjoy her scamming altitude day in and out.

Now,the bank removes bank charges and also a VAT of #5 for every payment.

Let's assume 100million people pay at the end of the month.It will be thus:100m*#5=#500,000,000.

Now,what baffles me most is that this government will never enforce a progressive system of taxation whereby the rich men will pay more and the poor pay less but rather enact laws that will make the poor more poorer.

Now,there are reports that stated that the NNPC has failed in recent times to remit revenue to the FG and also reports of Mtn,Glo and other big business evading tax and even if Mtn was fined certain times,what about other top businesses?

I stopped commenting on National issues recently cos I know this country is finished and we are all relaxing on a 'time bomb'.The whole system is corrupt.

I read banking and finance and I am an expert in Macro economic policies.The government of Nigeria never strives to improve the life of an ordinary man.Now,look at the POS business and the policy initiated at its inception compared with the policy reversal now on ground;They discovered the ordinary man is making headway using the POS terminal daily and they devised another means to make things difficult for them thereby imposing a #50 stamp duty fee.

How can one man hold almost 8-9 oil wells in the country?How can a federal law maker/governor receive pension for services he never rendered his country?How can one man order the movement of a bullion van into his private residence?

The other day,they ordered the arrest of Okocha via a court order for evading tax.How many companies owned by the politicians have they compelled by the court to remit tax?Does the 'Nation Newspaper pay tax?All those clamoring for change,hope they have now seen the change they are clamoring for?

How can you decide to give the dividends of democracy to a certain set of people and abandone the rest?Are the rest animals?All the security chiefs in the country cited university in their various towns and cities courtesy on the tax payers monies from the East & west via(POS transactions,VAT,revenues from federal agencies like the EFCC,ICPC,NAFDAC,sales from Jamb Form,Loan from China and US)?

How can you recover past loot and share all over again in the name of bail out fund?Now,next administration(maybe PDP or UNPP)will emerge,probe all the bail out funds sent to the former govs,then recover them and share again!How can you approve a loan request for a sitting gov who is to participate in an election in 2 day's time?

Look...any laws enacted by the Nigerian govt is meant to impoverish the poor more and more whether they like it or not.Ask them if they can reduce their take home monthly allowances,they will refuse.Black money is all over the country and causing inflation to skyrocket.
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
I thought FG wanted to push 100m out of poverty in 10 years. Is it by creating unemployment or do they not realise there are tellers employed by discos to take care of cash-based transactions.
BTW, how does it concern nerc how discos choose to collect their payments? All these incompetent lots
Re: FG Directs Discos To Stop Cash Payment From Consumers By March 31 by xpool(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

This a very backward movement.
It negates the peoples yearning for prepaid meters.
It is a move against the ministry of powers earlier bundles of promises and directives that DISCOS should provide consumers with prepaid meters.
It is a continuation of ESTIMATED BILLING.
Ministry of powers is a Decade failure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Soludo's Day 1 In Office: Visits Okpoko, Upper Iweka, Others (Pix) / Pictures Of Military Hard-wares At The Army Day Celebration 2013 / 'APC Caught Sharing Money To Yoruba Traditional Rulers In Aso Rock' - May Ubeku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.