Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,894 members, 7,889,952 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:36 AM

Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 (30880 Views)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / Qatar To Use Artificial Clouds In 2022 World Cup. / Russia Beats England To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar To Host 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 12:28am On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

Some fans are allergic to Fanta and must drink Beer.

How can you tell a German not to brink beer, French not to drink wine or Brazilian not to come with Samba girls

The winner of the world cup wont even be allowed to Pop Champaigne maybe they would burst sachet of Pure water

It is World Cup, not European Cup.

Do we complain winners do not pop Ogogoro?

Does Kenya complain winners do not pop cow blood?

Does Arabs complain winners do not brandish swords or fire sub-machine guns in the air?  grin grin grin grin grin

When heat fire them, dem go drink the fanta.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Dec 03, 2010
England came last and dont even have a case.

kabukabu50:

This is outright ridiculous? angry angry angry

No sex tourismNo asheNo gulderNo pork shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is the biggest fail in the history of FIFA cheesy cheesy cheesy
The only babes there will be dressed like ninjas,they will only serve camel meat and even the flies will be hiding in your clothes due to 115 degree baking heat cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The bolded are the things paining me most. See as Ashi for South Africa dey enjoy last summer.

Abeg I better find something else to do in Summer 2022, Sepp Bladder don spoil this one for me
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:35am On Dec 03, 2010
Sagamite:

It is World Cup, not European Cup.

European like Brazil?

Do we complain winners do not pop Ogogoro?

Winner in Naija league sef dey pop Champaigne

Does Kenya complain winners do not pop cow blood?

Do winners in Kenyan league pop cow blood?

Does Arabs complain winners do not brandish swords or fire sub-machine guns in the air? grin grin grin grin grin

Do Arabs fire machine guns after winning a football game?

Since diverse cultures are coming there, Isnt it rational to allow all drinks of all cultures or get a promise from Qatar to suspend Shariah for that 1 month.

If Israel qualifies for the World cup what happens?

When heat fire them, dem go drink the fanta.

Even though Doctor prescribed strictly Gulder for some of us?
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 12:40am On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

European like Brazil?

Winner in Naija league sef dey pop Champaigne

Do winners in Kenyan league pop cow blood?

Do Arabs fire machine guns after winning a football game?

Since diverse cultures are coming there, Isnt it rational to allow all drinks of all cultures or get a promise from Qatar to suspend Shariah for that 1 month.

If Israel qualifies for the World cup what happens?

Even though Doctor prescribed strictly Gulder for some of us?

My point is, not popping champagne is not a big deal. It is not part of football. Because Westerners like to do it does not mean we have to do it.

I would rather pop palm wine as I am a bushman.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Sagamite(m): 12:43am On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

What would a world cup be without

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/kNYgxVDwXzQ&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

0.14s
0.34s
0.40s
0.45s
0.54s
1.15s
1.21s
1.39s
2.27s
2.39s
2.48s
2.53s
3.14s
3.26s

[Does the sign of the cross]

Misimilai Ramoni rahim, Alamduli lai monikiastimi . . . . .
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:47am On Dec 03, 2010
Awusubilahi.

You mean there wont be these honies at the World cup, They better do it twice in Brazil instead of Qatar
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Mariory(m): 12:49am On Dec 03, 2010
dayokanu:

What would a world cup be without

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/kNYgxVDwXzQ&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Imagine an entire world cup without the heavenly created bodies as in this video. I think I might cry.

1:11 is uncalled for though.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 12:53am On Dec 03, 2010
Mariory:

Imagine an entire world cup without the heavenly created bodies as in this video. I think I might cry.

Those are the real stars of the World cup.

Qatar and Mauritania have suspended economic and political ties with Israel in protest against the war in Gaza, Al Jazeera has learned

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/01/2009116151135307776.html

What happens when Israel qualifies?
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Ladyrsky46: 12:54am On Dec 03, 2010
medjai:

I wonder how Russia pulled it off. I mean the only recognisable face in their bid team was Elena Isinbayeva, the polevault champion. Vladimir Putin and Dmitriy Medvedev were in faraway Moscow when all the other contenders had their who is who in Zurich. England had Prince William, David Cameron, David Beckham and others.
I think the fact that they have never hosted the world cup played to their advantage. I also think there's a motive to open Eastern Europe to the rest of the world. Eastern Europe have for long been a region shrouded in secrecy. Most of the countries there are called 'Iron Curtain Countries'. Most of the countries there dont belong to EU.
I dont think it's fair to criticise the English press. They could have been more pragmatic though. I think they were only doing their job. The whole world and Nigeria in particular is benefiting from what they did. If Nigerian journalists were this daring, Nigeria wont be were it is today. Before his downfall, Amos Adamu had bought and paid for Nigerian football. He was the man behind the scene, pulling all the strings. That England were not given the hosting rights for the 2018 world cup probably because their journalists did what others could not do shows how dysfunctional and corrupt the world we live in is
Thank you, thank you. smiley wink cheesy grin
I'm tired of hearing people hating. Nigerians are not ashamed that Nigeria has not even reached anywhere yet they find it easy to hate and put down other countries that are trying.
If English media hypes a lot, so what? If you don't "hype" yourself, who will?
angry angry angry
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 1:26am On Dec 03, 2010
do or die,I will show out in Brazil, because Diokpa upstairs knows no way in hell am I going to arrange myself to go to either Russia or Qatar
"where dem go think man pikin come their country,come wash plate" grin grin grin grin

Brazil got 10 -1 female ratio,white sand beaches,goat meat(Omo,brazilians dey chop isi ewu) and their girls and clothes always dey fight for respect cool cool cool

hold up, lemme find some beautiful samba babes, put here
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kabukabu50(m): 1:34am On Dec 03, 2010
russian women= deep voice and no teeth. grin grin grin grin
qatar women=body wey never see razor blade,hair for everywhere grin grin grin grin

This na the reason to have world cup in Rio every two years, proper okpeke. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 1:36am On Dec 03, 2010
^^ Imagine!! SO this kain Opeke no go dey Qatar?

FIFA na bazztard
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Kilode1: 2:32am On Dec 03, 2010
^^ Comot Dia! you too dey fear! angry

There will be correct Brazilian opekes and Arab babes inside Special AC tents scattered all over Doha!

We have it on good authority, the laws will be relaxed for 30 days only!

There are correct Alfas and Sheiks on the case as we type, they are appealing to Moh'd(Peace be unto him) for awon Boyz! cool
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Dsense(m): 2:46am On Dec 03, 2010
David Beckam would be crying roughly by now grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by PurestBoy(m): 3:02am On Dec 03, 2010
Kilode?!:

There will be correct Brazilian opekes and Arab babes inside Special AC tents scattered all over Doha!

There are correct Alfas and Sheiks on the case as we type, they are appealing to Moh'd(Peace be unto him) for awon Boyz! cool

I just hope papa Moh'd(Peace be unto him) approves this without bomb-blast nor his alqaeda people.
How will Wanye Rooney or John Terry cope without women??
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Dsense(m): 3:04am On Dec 03, 2010
^^I wonder how they will cope ooo grin
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 4:10am On Dec 03, 2010
kabukabu50:

This is outright ridiculous? angry angry angry

No sex tourismNo asheNo gulderNo pork shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is the biggest fail in the history of FIFA cheesy cheesy cheesy

The only babes there will be dressed like ninjas,they will only serve camel meat and even the flies will be hiding in your clothes due to 115 degree baking heat cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if the so called stadia are coolet, practice pitches nkor

And what if Israel qualifies??

aboki go cry, this is madness

many of you guys didnt listen to what was said during the presentation, there wont be any problem with beer, weather and isreal
read this:

Weather

As the World Cup usually occurs during the northern hemisphere's summer, the weather in Qatar was a concern with temperature reaching as high as 50 degrees Celsius. However, the Qatar bid's chief executive, Hassan al-Thawadi said "Heat is not and will not be an issue."[8] The Qatar 2022 Bid's official site also explains:

"Each of the five stadiums will harness the power of the suns rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadiums. When games are not taking place, the solar installations at the stadia will export energy onto the power grid. During matches, the stadia will draw energy from the grid. This is the basis for the stadiums’ carbon-neutrality. Along with the stadiums, we plan to make the cooling technologies we’ve developed available to other countries in hot climates, so that they too can host major sporting events."
This method of cooling techniques would be able to reduce temperatures from 40 to 20 degrees Celsius. The bidding committee also proposes to use such cooling technologies in fan-zones, training pitches and walkways between metro stations and stadiums

Alcohol
Hassan Abdulla al Thawadi, chief executive of the Qatar 2022 World Cup bid, said the Muslim state would also permit alcohol consumption during the event. Specific fan-zones will be established where alcohol can be bought.

Israel
The head of the Qatar bid delegation has stated that should Israel qualify, they will be able to compete in the World Cup despite the country not recognising Israel. Israeli athletes have competed previously in Qatar, such as Israeli tennis player Shahar Pe'er in 2008.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 03, 2010
Russia hosting? This is gay as hell! angry
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mystikal(m): 4:29am On Dec 03, 2010
With all that Qatar heat mid year, you won't expect opekes to be fully clothed na. Wahala no dey.

But Brazil remains the the place to be sha, come Summer 2014
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by LKRavitz(m): 4:48am On Dec 03, 2010
guys not to worry the world ends in 2012 so after that fifa would take the tournament to mars!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by MostMoney: 4:52am On Dec 03, 2010
I can see u hanging wit tomuch white folks wit that 2012 statement lls
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Okukk(m): 5:28am On Dec 03, 2010
Congratulations to Russia & Quatar
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Dec 03, 2010
Kilode?!:

I dey fear o. It might be [b]QATAR[/b]strophic
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by LKRavitz(m): 6:42am On Dec 03, 2010
Lol QATASTROPHIC
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Mehiedu(m): 7:01am On Dec 03, 2010
England try again next time.e nor easy.russia u na too much
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by medjai(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2010
PurestBoy:

I just hope papa Moh'd(Peace be unto him) approves this without bomb-blast nor his alqaeda people.
How will Wanye Rooney or John Terry cope without women??
I doubt they'll be there in 2022. Rooney will be 36 and Terry will be over 40.
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Mobinga: 7:30am On Dec 03, 2010
See them. Arguing over a competition that is 12 years from now. Who the hell have Nigerians the right to argue over FIFA hosts? Bunch of "Wannabe" loosers. Thrash
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by babyboy3(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2010
The English remind me of a friend who no-one will go to McDonalds with any more in case he gets the wrong toy in the Happy Meal, "
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by sayso: 7:44am On Dec 03, 2010
but come people.Isn't the world ending by Dec 21 2012?

http://www.armageddononline.org/web-bot-predictions.html
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by kmoneyE(m): 7:51am On Dec 03, 2010
WIKILEAKS ON FIFA killed ENGLAND BID--- You cant eat your cake and have it
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by mrjingles(m): 8:03am On Dec 03, 2010
For all the glitz glamor and hulabalooo, FIFA vengeance and all that, the facts are these:

England's was not the only losing bid, so whats all the hoopla about?

England's bid was DOA because the plan was to expand the frontiers of the WC so their bid along with spain and other 1st worlders was not the TYPE of bid needed.

come 2030 England should wait for China to declare and if China does declare they should quietly drop out because China WILL win. The size of the yet untapped China market and the political clout (nobody does backroom deals better than the chinks) will be too much for ANYBODY to beat. FIFA might even OFFER China the hosting rights!
Re: Russia To Host 2018 World Cup, Qatar to Host 2022 by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 03, 2010
sayso:

but come people.Isn't the world ending by Dec 21 2012?

MAY BE ITS YOUR WORLD THAT WILL END THEN.

4 me not until i be the PRESIDENT OF NAIJA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Al Kuwait SC Terminate Mikel’s Contract / Barcelona And Real Madrid Knocked Out Of Copa del Rey / Norwich Celebrates Championship Title, As Thousands Of Fans Party On Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.