Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,763 members, 7,930,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 12:08 AM

I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari (453 Views)

Ondo Police Arrest, Detain Organiser Of ‘osinbajo For 2023 President’ Campaign I / Saraki Will Be Removed From Politics In 2019 – Oshiomhole Reacts To Kwara By Ele / Recent Nigerian Politics In Funny Meme Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by popoolaRofiat(f): 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
I’ll withdraw from politics in 2023 – Buhari

• Says he’ll ensure rule of law

• Promises efficient power supply in 2020

• List projects to come on stream

Against speculations that there might be a third term agenda in the offing, President Muhammadu Buhari has insisted that he will withdraw from politics in 2023 at the end of his current tenure.

In a letter released in Abuja on New Year’s Day to Nigerians to mark the beginning of the new decade, he said: “I will be standing down in 2023 and will not be available in any future elections.

“But I am determined to help strengthen the electoral process both in Nigeria and across the region, where several ECOWAS members go to the polls this year.”

President Buhari also insisted that his administration will abide by the rule of law having previously come under criticism for paying little attention to it.

He promised more engagement of citizens to promote dialogue, partnership and understanding.

“Our actions at all times will be governed by the rule of law. At the same time, we shall look always to engage with all well-meaning leaders and citizens of goodwill to promote dialogue, partnership and understanding,” he said.

The president also stated that nation’s security forces will be held to the highest standards of professionalism and respect for human rights, saying: “Our security forces will receive the best training and modern weaponry, and in turn will be held to the highest standards of professionalism, and respect for human rights. We will use all the human and emerging technological resources available to tackle kidnapping, banditry and armed robbery.”

He added: “We need a democratic government that can guarantee peace and security to realise the full potential of our ingenious, entrepreneurial and hard-working people
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please do
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by Subzero047: 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is the third time this man is saying it

Something is amiss

1 Like

Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by James39: 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
See as him de talk like say him get choice.

Make him pray well so that him no go port before that time self. grin
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by donbachi(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
No withdraw oo...come contest as local government chairman.
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by Lynx001: 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
.. .. U been wan go senate b4. u hv no choice.besides you are signed to garba shehu/mamman daura record label.aka(cabal music worldwide) come 2023 ur contract with them will expire. They will fall because you are their best artiste. U too will fall because ur managers will leave u to pursue their 2023 ambitions. ..
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by Lynx001: 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2020
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by popoolaRofiat(f): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
James39:
See as him de talk like say him get choice.

Make him pray well so that him no go port before that time self. grin

Abi. He suppose to impeach himself if he want do good to us

1 Like

Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by Godfullsam(m): 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Let him withdraw already abeg.

Who buhari hep since he joined politics

1 Like

Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by chinjo(m): 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Bye Bye. You have brought nothing other than sorrow, tears and blood to Nigerians. Talking of 2023, leave that one for God. Abacha comes to mind.
Re: I’ll Withdraw From Politics In 2023 — President Buhari by Adonko(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Thank you sir, but Sir, please don't be offended can you make it little earlier than that as majority of Nigerians at home and in Diaspora will greatly appreciate your kind gesture.

Thanks in anticipation of keying to the above .

(1) (Reply)

Auchi Day celebration: Oshiomhole boycotts, scuttles chance for resolution / .. / Yoruba Are Primitive In Terms Of Political Culture,Miyeti Allah Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.