Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,827 members, 7,948,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:43 PM

Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari (1310 Views)

FAAC: We Can’t Continue Using Bayelsa Money To Develop Other States – Diri / FG Can’t Continue To Subsidise Electricity — Power Minister, Adebayo Adelabu / Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by kunleham(m): 7:47am On Jan 04, 2020
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Friday, said Nigerians should not continue going abroad for medical treatment.

“Nigerians have suffered so much going abroad for medical treatment. This is not good for us and it must stop because we can’t afford it again,” he said.

The President, who himself had travelled to the United Kingdom for treatment on several occasions, stated this at the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, during the inauguration and handover of completed projects to the management of the hospital.
He explained that the project was executed to check flooding and gully erosion in the hospital.

The President, who was represented at the event by the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, lamented the devastating effects of flooding in the South-East geo-political zone, saying the intervention project would bring relief to the hospital, the state and its neighbours.

He said the siting of the project in Ebonyi State signalled an end to the era in the country where some parts of Nigeria were neglected as a result of corruption and favouritism. He stressed that the location of the project in major teaching hospitals across the country showed that no part of the country would be neglected again.
He said, “We have paid very serious attention to the health of our people and will continue to do so. The projects you celebrate their completion today were seriously affecting the workings of this teaching hospital. But today, we can say their completion have started helping to improve on the performance and welfare of both the staff and patients of this hospital.
“I wish to use this medium to congratulate the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr Boss Mustapha, and his team in the Ecological Fund Office; the project contractor, Messrs Amayaro Nigeria Limited, as well as the project consultant, Messrs Kanode and Associates Limited, for their commitment to ensuring timely and speedy completion of the project.”
https://punchng.com/nigerians-cant-continue-going-overseas-for-treatment-buhari/
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by opportunes: 7:48am On Jan 04, 2020
cry
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by stonemasonn: 7:49am On Jan 04, 2020
grin
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Tumbulum: 7:50am On Jan 04, 2020
No its not bubus words. He can't say that when he has already schedule his next hospital visit in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by edoairways: 7:51am On Jan 04, 2020
I hope Mr president lead by example because talk is cheap. Op where is the source to this information?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by bubu2019: 7:53am On Jan 04, 2020
pls ,is gorge O well a Nigerian?.bihari must be playing a leading role in animal farm
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Lamasta(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2020
Source or I don't believe this cos Buhari doctor in london will soon call him na
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Citytrend: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2020
Story for the gods. Your Excellency sir please do the needful and stop talking. You have said that before.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by robinso01(m): 8:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Pls Buhari, don't let me say the next time you go there for treatment, u should not return for good ooo
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by olisaEze(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2020
Huh!? This man has lost touch with even his own reality! grin

Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by FryMosquito: 8:32am On Jan 04, 2020
I know he can't say such a thing

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Meti99(m): 8:35am On Jan 04, 2020
hfe
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by GamalNasser: 8:38am On Jan 04, 2020
This man has no regards for Nigerians , he sees them as fools
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Bossontop(m): 8:50am On Jan 04, 2020
undecided
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Marine54(m): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Hypocrite in lowest order! After spending about 90 days for medical tourism in UK !!
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by inoki247: 9:11am On Jan 04, 2020
Lol baba must av seen d Fayose Video Salsa trying to see the type of technology them use treat am
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Soulsymbol99: 9:17am On Jan 04, 2020
this man no get shame @all ooo
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by JAWBONE(m): 9:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by otipoju(m): 9:27am On Jan 04, 2020
Buhari sometimes doesnt know if he is dreaming
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by mytime24(f): 9:39am On Jan 04, 2020
Dnt do wat i do #general bubu
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by surgical: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2020
FryMosquito:
I know he can't say such a thing
it was ogbonnaya on,how can bubu say such, impossible
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by sammyj: 10:02am On Jan 04, 2020
The General should start with himself before complaining about others! He need to stop being an hypocrite!! shocked
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by EmekaMD(m): 10:04am On Jan 04, 2020
And someone said this man is okay ?
Is either Buhari has dementia or an repentant pretender. And i don't know which of these is better.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by femi4: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2020
See kettle accusing pot of being black

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Humphrizy(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first undecided
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by Arexit: 12:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
look who's talking angry angry
Re: Nigerians Can’t Continue Going Overseas For Treatment — Buhari by obembet(f): 1:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Someone said....

I love this statement. Dear Nigerians, with this statement, let rain curses on whoever among the office holder spending our money on tourism.
My dear President, if u and any political office holders go to abroad for treatment, u will not come back alive.
My people, add ur own.

(1) (Reply)

Jos People Out To Mourn The Boy Killed By Boko Haram (photos) / PDP Rebrand: Doyin Okupe Suggests New Name, Party Logo And Slogan / Why We Placed Travel Restrictions On Nigerians —US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.