Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,103 members, 7,939,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 (6139 Views)

Poll: 2010 Religion Poster Of The Year Votes Wanted Please

Deepsight: 17% (7 votes)
Joagbaje: 48% (19 votes)
Alethia: 12% (5 votes)
Viaro: 20% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by InesQor(m): 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2010
@nuclearboy:
LOL! Egbon na you talk that wan o! Hehehehehehe
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2010
InesQor:

This is hard but its a little easier cos JeSoul has been filtered, being a moderator.

1. Viaro <--- this is incontrovertible for me cheesy
2. Aletheia <--- very hard choice of 3 minus JeSoul = 2 people but my heart cant deny this cheesy

I know its just two people but let me shaaaa list the others in my 2010 top ten religion posters list minus JeSoul. Lol. In no exact order, e36991, Enigma, Nuclearboy, m_nwankwo, MyJoe, Pastor AIO, thehomer, DeepSight. All listed for uniquely interesting reasons and enlightening posts. cheesy

I agree in totality with ur post(list) save for one.

atleast going with responses from nuclearboy, rhino, ur selve&myself, we ve agreed that Jesoul is really worthy of a mention. For me personally, i think she deserves it. Since rules says otherwise, i will have to vote for viaro if eventually shortlisted
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by InesQor(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2010
@toba:

LOL i never said I agree with all they post or anything like that. See, even DeepSight that I mostly disagree with is in the list. Thehomer is in the list for being the most exceptional atheist. I have never seem him insult anyone or their beliefs, he simply dismisses them until he can see hard facts. His name may not be there if the atheist bawomolo was still alive *tears*, the pain, i couldnt write his name there cos its sad. Else that could have been bawomolo's name i guess. sad
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 05, 2010
InesQor:

@toba:

LOL i never said I agree with all they post or anything like that. See, even DeepSight that I mostly disagree with is in the list. Thehomer is in the list for being the most exceptional atheist. I have never seem him insult anyone or their beliefs, he simply dismisses them until he can see hard facts. His name may not be there if the atheist bawomolo was still alive *tears*, the pain, i couldnt write his name there cos its sad. Else that could have been bawomolo's name i guess. sad

ok with the bolded
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Odunnu: 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2010
Would you please nominate and watch/move on and stop ths analysis?
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by InesQor(m): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2010
Aunty Odunnu its called conversation. You need to relax a bit, it all fun, and we're keeping the thread fresh meanwhile. As you can see, 280 views and few posts already. E ma binu, omode lo'n she wa. E she ma.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2010
Odunnu:

Would you please nominate and watch/move on and stop ths analysis?
madam wetin happen? afterall the 2 of us supported viaro ur nairaland love se we no try?

e re lawa se, awa oba tì jawa oooo
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2010
InesQor:

Aunty Odunnu its called conversation. You need to relax a bit, it all fun, and we're keeping the thread fresh meanwhile. As you can see, 280 views and few posts already. E ma binu, omode lo'n she wa. E she ma.
What she fails to understand are 2 things
1 that its the christians thats making this section interesting& lively. Which ever way u look at it, take away the christians then thats end of religion section. see we start the most interesting/controversial topics that attracts positive& negative comments. we have to deal with muslims, atheists, deists, skeptics, christians etc. Seun cant even give us a separate sectiin becos of the traffic this one generates for his forum. We rule here&most 'others' cant simply stand that

2, the rules of nomination allows us to give reasons for our choices which is what we are simply doing, putting it into 'analysis' like she called it
lol
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by alienvirus: 2:46am On Dec 06, 2010
Uplawal, Abuzola! They are the greatest on NL. Take it or snub it.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by vescucci(m): 3:23am On Dec 06, 2010
^^^^Snub it

I'm glad JeSoul is getting all the love that she deserves.

It's eminently apparent that she's ineluctably the people's choice (takiing a breath) and I purposefully assert to you that she must perforce be the unanimous recipient of this award due to the inferential and overwhelming nature of the vox populi which is incontestible (taking another breath) and any argument against it is moot and dead on arrival.

1. Deepsight. Think whatever you like of DeepSight but he makes this place tick. He gets my first vote by leagues

2. Everybody else. I live a double life religion wise. Coming here made me more open and brave
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by nuclearboy(m): 5:14am On Dec 06, 2010
^^

Ineluctable? Purposeful assertion? Perforce? inferential? Vox Populi? Moot? Dead on arrival? INCONTESTIBLE? ?

Well, if nothing else, he has 'damaged' your english and I can't help but wonder where the "dictionary" link will be placed on this section
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by mabell: 7:15am On Dec 06, 2010
i nominate  joagbaje cos he teaches the word of God with clarity for people to understand
then olaadegbu
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by InesQor(m): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2010
LOL @toba. My apology up above was only quite sarcastic.

10 times as many views as posts, almost 20 times as nominations. You see, people are reluctant to nominate cos its not an anonymous affair. Who cares if it isnt? Lol.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by newmi(m): 8:07am On Dec 06, 2010
With all due respect to all respected nairaland members, l can't truly see anyone who convincingly deserves to be nominated and eventually awarded this prestigious recognition of commitment for the year under review other than this individual- Joagbaje for his commitment, open-mindedness and consistency.

Secondly, please allow me to nominate the amiable Deepsight for all the intelligent responses and objectivity.

Finally, l saw a nomination for Nuclearboy, oh no of all members, no maybe for previous year not for this year, l would rather nominate him for the Trouble Maker of the Year (TMY), Number-one Thread Distractor of the Year (NTDY), and the most notorious of all is this- The Number-one Privacy Invader of the Year (TNPIY)

cry cry cry What you deserve for this year is a ban!!!
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by nuclearboy(m): 8:42am On Dec 06, 2010
^^

And you, deserve to be given another name - "New-Mumu". Seems I'm more important than your idols cos you mention me in every post.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Azibalua(f): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2010
i agree with newmi joagbaje deserves this more than anyone else as he has thrown light on several issues raised on this forum
but since two nominees are required i still nominate joagbaje

who go vex make e vex no be in fault
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by nuclearboy(m): 9:08am On Dec 06, 2010
Come to think of it - newMumu is right - Joagbagje should win RELIGIOUS poster of the year. If moderators will allow a recant, I wish to remove "Aletheia" who is definitely not RELIGIOUS and replace a truly respected name with that of the Pharisee in Chief - Jo-boy and have as second nominee, the man worshipper - NEWMU
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Tonyet1(m): 9:40am On Dec 06, 2010
bashy_demy:

~ and tonye-T i think they are great poster brb

grin grin grin grin *got me laffing my blessed ribs out on a monday morning*. . .surprise this is coming from the one and only bashy himself. How was the makaranta service on friday?  grin grin grin grin

My nominees

Deepsight

Attributes: I respect folks who stand to speak for the misinterpreted. . .this guy won my admiration in this thread How Joagbaje became God

Pastor AIO

Attributes: This G is a classico. . .he is humble and all-embracing to opinions. . .won my admiration in the thread How Joagbaje became God with his post

Pastor AIO:

TonyeT has a good point here. And is one of the reasons that I've taken a back seat from NL. There is too much intellectualism that is ego driven. This all demonstrates to me that dissecting text and rhetorical gymnastics is just going to get you going round and round and round in endless circles. Which is not bad if that is what you are into. But it it the stench of egotism that accompanies it that is particularly appalling.

Now before I start pointing fingers let me raise my hand and confess that I fell into this trap too. I don't know at which point it started but I found myself deeply in it. that is why I've withdrawn from a lot of discussions.. Mainly for my own spiritual welfare.
It is one thing if it is light hearted fun but it is another thing when it just leaves you with a headache in the end.

These debates do not edify us in any way.

My reasons: I have and will always believe that everyones opinions and contributions on this section should be respected irrespective of what he/she belief system represents. Some folks are good ariticulates but poor writers. . .others are poor in articulacy but good in penning down. . .just because your views and opinions do not agree doesnt give you the right to talk them down. . .such attributes i call ego-syndromes and they have the tendencies of giving other people the impression that the 'talked down' is stupid while they 'talk-downer' is an elite.

My biggest joy today is that a section that was almost hijacked by elitism could now breath afresh relief of acceptance again. . .at least just the way i met it when i Joined in 2008. smiley smiley
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 06, 2010
I will act as an analyst/observer

[center]Nomination results so far[/center]

Its evident that almost all the posters in this section wants Jesoul to be crowned the best poster however the biased rule will prevent this from happening. Just imagine the description by vescucci and nuclearboy have said it all.

[center]Nominees so far[/center]

Posters                                         No of Nominations
My joe                                                    1

Deepsight                                              5

Imhotep                                                 1

M_Nwankwo                                          1

Mad_Max                                               1  

Nuclear boy                                          1

Sweetnecta,                                          1

Vedaxcool,                                             1

Seyi brown                                            1

slap1                                                     1

UPLAWAL                                               1

ABUZOLA!                                               1

Viaro                                                      3

Joagbaje                                                4

Aletheia                                                  2

olaadegbu                                              1
Pastor AIO 1

Joagbaje is a strong contender o. More nominations please
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by AKHOZEM: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2010
I nominat image 123 for his exhortation on his thread
I nominate joagbaje for his expositions and consistencies
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Joagbaje(m): 10:26am On Dec 06, 2010
I nominate 1.PASTOR AIO . For being objective even in dissagreenent and for his huge sense of humour.
2. Tonye-T for his broad mind and objectiveness.
3 .Deepsight for be so daring.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
Jesoul is really magnificient,but Joagbeje deserves the honour cos he is the best this year as far as religious section is concerned.Its true that he makes mistakes sometimes,but he really knows how to correct himself.Its true that none is omniscient but the manner in which he makes his posts is near to perfection.The best deserves the best.Anyway,why can't a thread be opened for the nomination of the worst poster? Whenever there is the best,they must be the worst. grin
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by kolaoloye(m): 12:54pm On Dec 06, 2010
alienvirus:

Uplawal, Abuzola! They are the greatest on NL. Take it or[b] snub it.[/b]
I laff in Saudi grin grin grin
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Mudley313: 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2010
i think bawolomo(RIP) should be handed this award as a sought of honourary/post-humous thing not only in light of his tragic passing away as a mark of respect for the dead but in honor of his pertinent contributions to this section of the forum. just my 2 cents

i see emperor kim je soul getting a whole lot of props from ofcourse mostly christian posters for his/her unbridled bias in handling disputes by deliberately overlooking actions by christian folks that clearly contravene the rules of this forum while openly siding with his/her christian peers

and lastly (and on a more serious note), does this dude toba seriously have a life outside of nairaland?
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by alexleo(m): 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2010
I nominate-

image123 and

Joagbaje (even though I disagree with some of his posts).

Then if there is anything like atheists of the year award,  it should go to mazaje. ( he may disagree with you but in a smooth way that wouldnt make it look like a fight).
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Bearshare(m): 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2010
I will give it to OOLADEGBU the guy can be very stubborn yet so humble. cheesy and Mr.Jesoul that guy is good though a female  grin grin grin
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2010
[center]Back to award nomination update[/center]

Joagbaje                                                6

Deepsight                                              5

Viaro                                                      3

Live scores.

Please nominate sharp sharp. Last date is December 17th 2010. cheers
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by simplymee: 2:51pm On Dec 06, 2010
I really think this is great. I humbly nominate as no. 1 JOAGBAJE, no .2 undecided for now.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by alexleo(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2010
jesus.:

^Im becoming suspicious on the 'new' love for[b] pastor jo[/b]. Going with toba's count this would be the 7th nomination for only him

Dont be suprised dear. Joagbaje is using the bible to the best of his ability. Doesnt mean that all his interpretations are right and perfect but the much he understands, he makes good use of. Again he has received so much bashing here but his responses in most cases has been cool and calm.
Lets get it clear, there is no perfect person amongst us, while we agree that we have our weak sides, its also good we highlight and celebrate the good qualities in our fellow human.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by nuclearboy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Toba:

Sincerely. I said he is the most RELIGIOUS person here. RELIGION of course, is different from being a Christian. So why not?

I wish my vote counted for him.
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by InesQor(m): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2010
Yam Pepper Has Scattered Scattered on this Thread o! grin Na wa!!!
Re: Re: Congrats Joagbaje On Winning The Religion Section Poster Of The Year 2010 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2010
how? na only yam what about iyan+egusi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Made You Become An Atheist / Yahoo Boy's Shiloh Prayer Point Goes Viral / The 'Da Vinci Code' Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.