Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,899 members, 7,889,966 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:03 AM

It Didn't Take Too Long - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / It Didn't Take Too Long (250 Views)

Help.my Phone Takes Too Long To Charge / Holding Fart Too Long In The Body Could Lead To This Embarrassment / Who Would You Blame If You Didn't Go To School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Didn't Take Too Long by Adejoncy01(m): 1:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
It was on the 31st of December, new year Eve's day, that I finally decided to visit a friend who has been inviting me to their place for a while now.

After having a nice at their place watching movies and eating lots of delicacies, it was time for me to take my leave. Through the bone-chilling weather, as the harmattan spares no one, my friend walked me to a junction where I'll board a taxi. Off he went back to the house leaving me to my fate.

When I thought there's no hope of getting a taxi after I stood at the junction for minutes, perphaps the god of luck was angry with me, a taxi finally appears.

How much will you take me to challenge bus stop? "eighty naira", the driver replied. I didn't hesitate to enter the taxi,I couldn't even stand to ask for a lower price. Well, I wasn't ready to be freezed by the cold, after all, my friend had earlier told me I would be charged same amount.

The car was about moving when a lady approach the driver, "please help me for seventy naira" she begged. Indignantly, the driver moved the car without uttering a word. But, this lady has been standing here before I came, how could she afford to still stand here because of ten naira?, well, what do I know, I said to myself.

After we have moved for some seconds, does this lady not live around here?, does she not know the price?, Perhaps, does she not have the ten naira? Were questions that runs through my mind in a flash. Then, I asked the driver to stop and revert. Earlier, my friend Aunt gave me a thousand naira as my fare, which is five times the actual fare, letting go of a ten naira is actually a tip of the iceberg, I said to myself.

Before we knew it, we had come to the bus stop, she was thanking me as if I bought her a car, I paid the driver and took my leave.

At the bus stop, I couldn't get a taxi going to my destination, I decided to board the one going to the nearest bus stop. On reaching where I was supposed to alight, the driver offered to take me to my destination for free, even though he wasn't going there. This should have cost me additional fifty naira.

I didn't assist the lady for any kind of benefit. But, it didn't take too long before I reap what I sowed. One may say, what is a fifty naira? The fact is, as it is to small things, so it is to big things.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is this; be good and do good to people anytime you can, for what goes around do come around.

Source; www.adejohspeaks.

1 Share

Re: It Didn't Take Too Long by olumide3367(m): 1:23pm On Jan 04, 2020
Super story
Re: It Didn't Take Too Long by Adejoncy01(m): 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
olumide3367:
Super story

So, you don't believe in doing good?

(1) (Reply)

Pope Francis Sends Message To US, Iran / Buhari’s Daughter Uses Presidential Jet For Personal Engagement / Urgent! Where Is Nairaland Supreme Court Located?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.