Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,296 members, 7,881,094 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:18 PM

Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life (1016 Views)

Good Driving School In Lagos To Learn / Looking For A Good Driving School On The Mainland / Ikeja Area / Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life by jp230: 2:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
I was driving in Lagos one day when a lady driving in another car exited a bridge to join my lane. It prompted me to slow down and let her merge in front of me. She showed her appreciation by waving to say thank you.

Along the route, she changed lane to the lane on my left and we were driving almost side by side. I got a little ahead of her as traffic started to build up. Then I noticed that the vehicle in front of me had broken down, I signaled to let the driver in front of her know that I wanted to change lanes but he drove aggressively bumper to bumper to the car in front of him. I tried to wave at him to get his attention, but he was having none of it.

I thought to myself, no problem, I just let the lady behind you to get ahead of me less than 5 minutes ago, I am sure she will let me get in front of her. But to my dismay, the woman started driving bumper to bumper with the car in front of her. Any attempt to get her attention was rebuffed as she just stared straight ahead pretending like she could not see me trying to get her attention.

continue reading https://insuranceinfong.com/driving-etiquette/

1 Like

Re: Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life by diportivo: 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
undecided
Re: Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life by Day169: 6:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
jp230:
I was driving in Lagos one day when a lady driving in another car exited a bridge to join my lane. It prompted me to slow down and let her merge in front of me. She showed her appreciation by waving to say thank you.

Along the route, she changed lane to the lane on my left and we were driving almost side by side. I got a little ahead of her as traffic started to build up. Then I noticed that the vehicle in front of me had broken down, I signaled to let the driver in front of her know that I wanted to change lanes but he drove aggressively bumper to bumper to the car in front of him. I tried to wave at him to get his attention, but he was having none of it.

I thought to myself, no problem, I just let the lady behind you to get ahead of me less than 5 minutes ago, I am sure she will let me get in front of her. But to my dismay, the woman started driving bumper to bumper with the car in front of her. Any attempt to get her attention was rebuffed as she just stared straight ahead pretending like she could not see me trying to get her attention.

continue reading https://insuranceinfong.com/driving-etiquette/
This is Nigeria..
Look how we driving na,
(as if) every one is a criminal!
PS.. keep doing the right thing bro.
You never can tell who your driving habits may influence.

1 Like

Re: Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life by Kokomo: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
Just to add to what you talking about, watch the below video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHYWrZy5YWw
Re: Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life by Dtruthspeaker: 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
My philosophy is to drive safely for me at the least, not because of others.

I remember I shall bear the cost of all repairs and suffer the pain and humiliation that shall follow since I know that I was able to avoid it, plus my unfriendly friends who can't wait to talk about how badly handled my car is.

I say to myself, carry your wahala go.
Re: Why Good Driving Etiquette Will Save Your Life by Areaboy2(m): 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
it's even worse when you realise that the majority of drivers in Nigeria have no clue about driving rules. Not to talk of etiquette.
Careless, impatient and downright arrogant.

Just do what you can and don't let the actions of others change you. wink

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows About Dodge Charger? / Man Diesel Truck For Haulage Business Needed / Rent A Car Dubai - Top Deals In Dubai - 2020 Best Rent A Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.