Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,653 members, 7,937,945 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:33 PM

20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year (36513 Views)

7 Personalities That Will Shape Nigeria In 2023 / How EndSARS Protest Will Shape 2023 Elections / Hidden Aspects Of CAMA 2020 That Affects Ngos, Churches, Mosques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by ImpregnaTor(m): 2:39pm On Jan 05, 2020
k
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by iukpe: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/20-things-in-2020.html

Lalasticlala

I will appreciate the video documentary of this. Thanks
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Saint99: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Nigeria will experience GDP growth and there will be increase in the number of lower class joining the upper class.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by maynation(f): 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sammy07:
At OP Pls remove Ondo.
Nothing will happen in ondo.
Apc will win it again

Where are you from in Ondo.
I'm from Ondo City.

APC will win what?
Do I need to remind you how PDP defeated APC during presidential election? And how PDP claimed two senatorial seats? Keep dreaming.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by jp130(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Make moni while managing your football team, check my signature
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Sammy07: 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynation:

APC will win what?
Do I need to remind you how PDP defeated APC during presidential election? And how PDP claimed two senatorial seats? Keep dreaming.

Presidential election not governorship election.
Then why didn't PDP win during the governorship election in 2016?
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Ayobami7(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
Noted
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by maynation(f): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Presidential election not governorship election.
Then why didn't PDP win during the governorship election in 2016?

Who's this one? Was the last presidential election conducted in 2016?
I am talking about the most recent electoral practices not the long gone ones.

By the way, Mimiko aided Aketi's victory because of his poor performance and how he chose not to pay workers. Then again, Jimoh Ibrahim played another part too, he created fractions in the party not knowing he was a mole working for APC. It was late already before people found out.

This is 2020 not 2016.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Sammy07: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynation:

Who's this one? Was the last presidential election conducted in 2016?
I am talking about the most recent electoral practices not the long gone ones.

By the way, Mimiko aided Aketi's victory because of his poor performance and how he chose not to pay workers. Then again, Jimoh Ibrahim played another part too, he he created fractions in the party not knowing he was a mole working for APC. It was late already before people found out.

This is 2020 not 2016.

Governorship election is within the state which people will have to choose which sides or not and for the interest of the state.
Presidential is the interest of the country.
Don't use presidential election to judge governorship election.

BTW, you said mimiko performance was low?
How? Tell me.
Who among the governor's during his time paid salaries

Mimiko is still currently the best governor Ondo ever had.

Now, about Jimoh Ibrahim.
Truth, His role made PDP to split...

With the performance of This current governor.
I'm 100% sure his re election is certain except if he isn't the one running for APC...

Ondo west, east and Akure.
Made PDP win presidential election in Ondo State
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by lexy2014: 3:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Justdare:
hnmmmm

I see a northward movement for Nigeria in the year if the US decides to 'Iraq' Iran. there's definitely going to be an upsurge in the prices of crude, and with less dependence on imports I guess it will end up a good fiscal year for the country. The Dangote refinery completion will be an icing on the Nigerian cake.

So increase in price of crude is an indication of an "upward movement" for Nigeria? What imports is Nigeria not going to depend on in 2020? How will d completion of dangote refinery affect Nigerian citizens?
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Savagethe21st(m): 3:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
The world war..lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChTAgrTPOB4 Hello guys i'm a producer in my teens chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and comment what you think or critique subscribe to support me and .Thanks and Godbless.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by maynation(f): 3:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Governorship election is within the state which people will have to choose which sides or not and for the interest of the state.
Presidential is the interest of the country.
Don't use presidential election to judge governorship election.

BTW, you said mimiko performance was low?
How? Tell me.
Who among the governor's during his time paid salaries

Mimiko is still currently the best governor Ondo ever had.

Now, about Jimoh Ibrahim.
Truth, His role made PDP to split...

With the performance of This current governor.
I'm 100% sure his re election is certain except if he isn't the one running for APC...

Ondo west, east and Akure.
Made PDP win presidential election in Ondo State

Blah blah blah

You only chose to stay put with the presidential election, I as well stated senatorial election too which you chose to ignore.

In 2015, APC won 2 senatorial seats out of 3 and 5 House of rep seats out of nine.

In 2019, APC won 1 senatorial seat and 4 house of Rep seats one of which was a PDP decampee if not it would have been 3.

Aren't these internal politics?

As per your claims about Mimiko being the best performing governor of Ondo state so far, I leave you to your conscience.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Ikpu1: 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
lets pray Trump dont cause a nuclear war
[/s]
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Sammy07: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynation:

Blah blah blah

You only chose to stay put with the presidential election, I as well stated senatorial election too which you chose to ignore.

In 2015, APC won 2 senatorial seats out of 3 and 5 House of rep seats out of nine.

In 2019, APC won 1 senatorial seat and 4 house of Rep seats one of which was a PDP decampee if not it would have been 3.

Aren't these internal politics?

As per your claims about Mimiko being the best performing governor of Ondo state so far, I leave you to your conscience.

One thing is, Ondo don't deals party. They deals with personality...

I remember Pre Akeredolu, Those Akure, Owo and Ikare areas said, they are going to vote for the person that comes out from their town, irrespective of their Party..

That's why I said, Akeredolu will lose the election if he isn't the one running, their is internal crisis in APC. Which I believe it'll be solved b4 the election time.

Tell me the best governor in Ondo State b4 Mimiko Became governor,
He modernized, dualized, Re shaped Ondo State...

Good Medical facilities, dual roads, Free transportation for the secondary school/Primary students, Free Waec fees.

The only thing he failed to address is Salary... (Which ever state in Nigeria failed in this aspect too)

I leave you to your conscience too angry
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by bluefilm: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Bia nwokem, Mr. OP, is this now the new way all you gamblers called pastors now release your usual new year predictions?

You berra take it easy o!
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by paix(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
Criptofxt10:
OP number your write up well nah..too cumbersome to read through undecided undecided undecided
We're on the same page.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by maynation(f): 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sammy07:

One thing is, Ondo don't deals party. They deals with personality...

I remember Pre Akeredolu, Those Akure, Owo and Ikare areas said, they are going to vote for the person that comes out from their town, irrespective of their Party..

That's why I said, Akeredolu will lose the election if he isn't the one running, their is internal crisis in APC. Which I believe it'll be solved b4 the election time.

Tell me the best governor in Ondo State b4 Mimiko Became governor,
He modernized, dualized, Re shaped Ondo State...

Good Medical facilities, dual roads, Free transportation for the secondary school/Primary students, Free Waec fees.

The only thing he failed to address is Salary... (Which ever state in Nigeria failed in this aspect too)

I leave you to your conscience too angry
The best Governor so far is the late Olusegun Agagu. The only thing Mimiko did was beautification and these beautifications only aided his looting intentions. He has so many ludicrous and ridiculous projects to his name, contracts that ordinarily shouldn't cost more then 10 million naira were awarded for billions.
Then again, I like what Aketi is doing so far. He has been productive so far but his dispensations are not balanced. For instance he is industrious and has generated greater revenue than alkl past governors but then again this increment in revenue is a pure case of 'killing Peter to revive Paul'. He increased Tax, tuition fees and other schemes just so he could be termed productive. This will definitely nail him down, because a bunch lot of students won't support him.
Secondly, you said AKoko people will vote their own? Is Aketi one of theirs? The same Aketi that worked against their very own (Sen Ajayi Boroffice ). Abi have you forgotten how Aketi supported AA against APC in the last election? How the will Akoko people support him?

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by tck2000(m): 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
[quote author=Dpharisee post=85523293]I see so many Indomie generation who run far when Agberos are fighting on the street on other threads asking Trump to start bombing Iran immediately, cheering US troops being deployed and clapping for their starched uniforms, clean hairdos and even lampooning Nigerian troops clutching old AK 47 rifles.
They don't realise that at the sound of the first gunfire those uniforms will be filled with dust in the desert.
Despite the sophistication over 5,000 US troops were killed in Iraq, thousands more are living with severe injuries and PTSD which led to high rate of suicide among US service members.
Meanwhile, over a million innocent Iraqis are dead from the conflict and here we are on Nairaland seeing young people cheering for war.
It was the same adrenaline rush we had when we left Army training and just want to fight, by the same you see your best friend whom you were just discussing about the last babe you had fun with and him telling you how his Mama is waiting for h
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by joepepsy(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
This 21st century nigeria cannot generate electricity,you lazy youths should be protesting ,wetin consign you with obaseki and oshomole wey dey meet for one joint dey nag babe!!
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/20-things-in-2020.html

Lalasticlala
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Sammy07: 3:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynation:

The best Governor so far is the late Olusegun Agagu. The only thing Mimiko did was beautification and these beautifications only aided his looting intentions. He has so many ludicrous and ridiculous projects to his name, contracts that ordinarily shouldn't cost more then 10 million naira were awarded for billions.
Then again, I like what Aketi is doing so far. He has been productive so far but his dispensations are not balanced. For instance he is industrious and has generated greater revenue than alkl past governors but then again this increment in revenue is a pure case of 'killing Peter to revive Paul'. He increased Tax, tuition fees and other schemes just so he could be termed productive. This will definitely nail him down, because a bunch lot of students won't support him.
Secondly, you said AKoko people will vote their own? Is Aketi one of theirs? The same Aketi that worked against their very own (Sen Ajayi Boroffice ). Abi have you forgotten how Aketi supported AA against APC in the last election? How the will Akoko people support him?

Okay, I have heard you....
But That tutition fees...
I think he did right.
Reason is that, AAUA/Rufus Giwa Poly students are paying far lower than what their counter parts are paying (OSUTECH)
and the truth is, he can't reduce OSUTECH fees, because cost of running State University is high. That's why he raised the fees.

If you check all southwest states and see their fees...

Like Kwasu close to where I school.

Their fees is more than 300k
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by maynation(f): 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sammy07:

Okay, I have heard you....
But That tutition fees...
I think he did right.
Reason is that, AAUA/Rufus Giwa Poly students are paying far lower than what their counter parts are paying (OSUTECH)
and the truth is, he can't reduce OSUTECH fees, because cost of running State University is high. That's why he raised the fees.

If you check all southwest states and see their fees...

Like Kwasu close to where I school.
Their fees is more than 300k

I finished from a federal university actually and my tuition fee all through my four years wasn't even up to #100,000 so I really can't affirmatively say the fee was okay or not but I know the previous government managed to scale through and they didn't die.
The increment was too sudden and this same man doesn't even give regards to student and their unions.
They aare all waiting to pay him back come this next election.

Anyways, I saw where you said you are from Ondo city, I am from Ikare Akoko but Akure based.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by engrchykae(m): 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dpharisee:
I see so many Indomie generation who run far when Agberos are fighting on the street on other threads asking Trump to start bombing Iran immediately, cheering US troops being deployed and clapping for their starched uniforms, clean hairdos and even lampooning Nigerian troops clutching old AK 47 rifles.
They don't realise that at the sound of the first gunfire those uniforms will be filled with dust in the desert.
Despite the sophistication over 5,000 US troops were killed in Iraq, thousands more are living with severe injuries and PTSD which led to high rate of suicide among US service members.
Meanwhile, over a million innocent Iraqis are dead from the conflict and here we are on Nairaland seeing young people cheering for war.
It was the same adrenaline rush we had when we left Army training and just want to fight, by the same you see your best friend whom you were just discussing about the last babe you had fun with and him telling you how his Mama is waiting for him to return home for Easter or Sallah is felled by just one bullet, the reality of battle hits and the hollowness of war started by politicians in their cozy Offices sets in.
You ask yourself how are you going to tell his Mama and his fiancee that he won't be coming home in this life. cry
War is bad
the soldier in the pic is a victim of rash political decision from one idiot in Washington
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Sammy07: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
maynation:

I finished from a federal university actually and my tuition fee all through my four years wasn't even up to #100,000 so I really can't affirmatively say the fee was okay or not but I know the previous government managed to scale through and they didn't die.
The increment was too sudden and this same man doesn't even give regards to student and their unions.
They aare all waiting to pay him back come this next election.

Anyways, I saw where you said you are from Ondo city, I am from Ikare Akoko but Akure based.

alright, nice to meet you.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
A lot will happen
i just have a declining hope for Nigeria. Buhari is taking us into d bondage of debt.
And there is no feasible increase in economy. Please buhari, don't start what u know u cannot finish pls. At least pity for us.
I believe in this article though..
As for d global scene..lets keep our hands folded.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by Kennitrust(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Dpharisee:
I see so many Indomie generation who run far when Agberos are fighting on the street on other threads asking Trump to start bombing Iran immediately, cheering US troops being deployed and clapping for their starched uniforms, clean hairdos and even lampooning Nigerian troops clutching old AK 47 rifles.
It was the same adrenaline rush we had when we left Army training and just want to fight, by the same you see your best friend whom you were just discussing about the last babe you had fun with and him telling you how his Mama is waiting for him to return home for Easter or Sallah is felled by just one bullet, the reality of battle hits and the hollowness of war started by politicians in their cozy Offices sets in.
You ask yourself how are you going to tell his Mama and his fiancee that he won't be coming home again in this life. cry
War is bad
war is a matter of one bullet, case and fear close.
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by tityboi: 5:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Oh
Re: 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year by printmediaonlin: 12:27am On Jan 06, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

13-Year-Old Dele Momodu And His Father (Throwback Photo) / Garba Shehu: IPOB Has A Huge Stockpile Of Weapons, Bombs Across Nigeria / Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.