Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,050 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire (27072 Views)

New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival / Angry Mob Sets Two Suspected Bandits Ablaze In Niger State (graphic) / Osun Grandma Sets Fire On 9-Year-Old Grandchild's Hands For Eating Siblings Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Hypocrit: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
salford1:

It's just sad that Nigerians can burn their own property in addition to the ones they lost to the fire. Yes the fire station is their property since it's government owned.
What they should have done was to take their protest to the government house.

The firemen working at the station would still get paid their wages, same as the politicians in the LGA and State.

I am all for protesting against bad governance not burning tax payer's properties. At th end of the day, the cost of rebuilding that station would be passed on the masses in form of increased taxes or market levies.
When my cloths are wornout, i burn them because they are of no use anymore. Same Could be said of this.

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by kunmibola(m): 8:54pm On Jan 05, 2020
This news is filled with lies. When and where was the fire station set on fire?

Yeah, the angry mob set to attack the station but they were quickly restrained by security operatives who shot into the crowd killing two people. This further infuriated the mob and they vandalized the station's properties.

The story that it was set on fire is a ruse. Check attached pics.

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Princedapace(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
where is that guy who was insulting south east yesterday and bragged about south west? I laughed becus he is still covered by politics of tribalims which our leaders have used against us.

I keep saying it that bad leadership in Nigeria knows no region. It is a collective thing. Why? As long as the central govt failed, the entire states will fail as well. The country runs a unitary federalism. This indirectly means states are linked to the central govt activities.

The governors know this and they have been using it to their own advantage. They are mere ceremonial status
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by kunmibola(m): 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
More pics of the vandalized station...

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Ezmans: 8:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which general public? Is the market not a general public?
A fire incident of the said magnitude occurred and the fire service was not put to use when it is most needed, what then is the use of the fire service?

Is it not better it is burnt down so people will know there is no such service available?

I don't support unruly behaviours but sometimes you can't just help it and in this case, they are rightangry
yoruba's says Nigeria in moving forward when it occurs in onitsha
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Mateen1000: 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2020
back2sender:

You lack sense.
A fire station that is 2 minutes to the market. If there is water in the trucks, it means the response time would have been very quick and this would have ameliorate the damage caused.
Response time is key but as usual, no water in the fire truck and the fire men all sit down daily in that office collecting salaries for nothing
Ur papa lack sense, Ur mama lack sense, The breadwinner of ur family lack sense, I REST MY CASE

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Mateen1000: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
Hypocrit:
Then is better they are burnt. How can you put none functional equipment in a place to serve as aids. They are waste, rubbish and are better destroyed than take unnecessary space and constitute nuisance.
I agree with you 100%, It’s a non-functional Station
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Simplyleo: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

And when another fire happens nko? And this is the same urchin that goes about nairaland littering everywhere with hate and tribalism..no wonder! Your likes have reasonings that are anomaly..here is someone encouraging arson and destruction of government property.. you all should be locked away in a dungeon and left to rot! angry
You sound pained and as such, i wont add to your problems.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Mateen1000: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2020
babaolofin:

As at the time the fire was noticed by those around the market, the magnitude of the inferno could have been curtailed by one fire fighter truck. A fire fighter truck has no water and the station is located few distance to the market. Before trucks move from Ibadan through traffic to Ojoo, Akinyele enroute Oyo will the magnitude of the inferno not have escalated above two trucks? Those fire fighters are just collecting salary. No daily or weekly fire fighting exercise.

Seyi Makinde PR has just failed one KPI.
It’s not even few distance to the market, The fire station is in the market, Just not the side that got burnt.
I agree with you, he has indeed failed in that aspect
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by czarina(f): 9:05pm On Jan 05, 2020
kunmibola:
This news is filled with lies. When and where was the fire station set on fire?

Yeah, the angry mob set to attack the station but they were quickly restrained by security operatives who shot into the crowd killing two people. This further infuriated the mob and they vandalized the station's properties.

The story that it was set on fire is a ruse. Check attached pics.
Create your thread to correct the misinformation. Someone created this one.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by AkpaMgbor(m): 9:06pm On Jan 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

You sound pained and as such, i wont add to your problems.
Fvck off.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by sencekompis: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2020
IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS AND DECISION
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by adebaba5: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
I'm not in support of such rash decision and I'm not in anyway encouraging such act, but believe me, if that fire should happen again, that truck will still not work.
three major fire incidents happened in Benin within the space of six months; none was contained by the state fire service as the fire successfully consumed everything in its part.

The truth is, those guys will never miss that fire truck
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Donkenny511(m): 9:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
And that's exactly what the government want, so that they can allocate some millions to a new fire station. Fire dey burn, fire service no get better equipment because the government no give them wetin dem need, instead make we attack the government we dey attack the station. Like someone said 'Who did we offend' in this country
fredoooooo:

Ranka dede.... you too get sense lipsrsealed
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by LionTiger(m): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2020
You need government aid, yet you're destroying government property! Hanging multiple load on the government. #BlackMan sha!!!
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by NWABUKA007(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
negative aggression
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by kunmibola(m): 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
czarina:
Create your thread to correct the misinformation. Someone created this one.

Lol... People like you always like to be fed with gory tastes that makes you feel good. Eish
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Basic123: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
itsme01:
Makinde media team over to una
I am so happy that people are now aware that that governor has a formidable media team that accentuate his very little achievement.

That guy thrives on propaganda like mad!

2 Likes

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Farki: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ryda:
Who did we offend na angry

See how people transferred aggression to property that is meant to be of use to the general public.
Why not march to the government house!

The fire station was near the market but it couldn't do anything because their equipment wasn't working. Yesterday and today the fire station is still as it is... useless.

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by czarina(f): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
kunmibola:

Lol... People like you always like to be fed with gory tastes that makes you feel good. Eish
Are you well at all? There's a misinformation being spread according to you and I'm asking to correct it since this thread is far too gone for others to see the "truth" here and you're saying that?

I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by itsme01: 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
Basic123:

I am so happy that people are now aware that that governor has a formidable media team that accentuate his very little achievement.

That guy thrives on propaganda like mad!

i just pity him.. oyo isnt like any state that can be easily fooled
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 05, 2020
LionTiger:
You need government aid, yet you're destroying government property!
Hanging multiple load on the government.
#BlackMan sha!!!

What is the duty of a Fire Fighter Station in the market? No regular fire fighting exercise. They are just there to collect salary. This incident will make Seyi Makinde to know there is a problem. The Fire people in his company are always doing Fire Fighting exercise. HSE policy of a company includes fire prevention and fighting. It is a waste to have a non functional fire station in the market.

All of us would have been focusing on the fire incident alone without meditating on the failed system.

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
How can a fire station be 20m away from the market? Then it doesnt need to be burnt as the market fire would extend there anyway.

All these bloggers shaa and their reportage...

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Onitola2: 10:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
titiloyeblog:

https://punchng.com/just-in-mob-sets-fire-station-ablaze-after-fire-guts-market-in-oyo/amp/
these are basic amenities, why is their state government giving 13th month salary rather than provide things that really matter. O fi ete sile, o lon pa lapalapa.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by temisimo: 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
Fire station is 20 meter away from the market hmmm... �
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by OlawaleBammie: 10:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ryda:

See how you just supported unruly behaviour.
So burning down the fire station will bring back the burnt market?

You are wrong.

oga try to use ur bountiful sense na.

Am sure u re saying dis cuz you are simply not affected, if you were among the victims am sure you would lead the team to d station.

Eni ija oba lon pera e lokunrin ni oro e, shior.

Pls Wat is d use of a utility station dat is only 20meters away and yet couldn't provide help??

And BTW, Wat do you want dem to do at the govt house? to carry some placards??

The equipment that was burnt I think it belongs to Alaafin of Oyo abi?? mtcheew,

Audio meekness radarada.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by OlawaleBammie: 10:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
toluism:
u can't understand.... Under such circumstance

Same property has failed to serve the public.... When a fire station( of close proximity to the market) gave a reason of not having water and the fire service had to come in from Ibadan and ogbomosho(different town.. not less than 1 hour drive).. to quench the fire..

Don't blame then...

Actually dat guy u quoted have sense but he's keeping it for future purposes, he doesn't want to use it for now.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by PlanBIncome(m): 11:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
Don’t be surprised that the fire station officials or oga’s have been paid not to attend to the fire. This is the tactics generally used by land grabbers who feel they need to resell a market. They send thugs to raze it down. Urgly trend across the country.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Pacesetter123(m): 11:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
tstx:
Instead of taking their violence to the government they took it to an innocent building...

Nigerians are a funny breed.. Our stupidity should be studied in foreign universities
Taking de protest to which government again?Is fire service station a private individual resident?Dat is de right place to do de protest.Let government now come n explain to de whole world why such place is built for art exhibition n not to fight fire.You may be surprised dat money meant for equipping de station is somewhere lodged in an overseas banks by some government officials.

1 Like

Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by Pacesetter123(m): 11:46pm On Jan 05, 2020
helinues:
And should there be another fire tomorrow

Backward reasoning
Dey wouldn't have still responded.So no need allowing it to remain there to give people false hope.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by LionTiger(m): 12:03am On Jan 06, 2020
babaolofin:

What is the duty of a Fire Fighter Station in the market? No regular fire fighting exercise. They are just there to collect salary. This incident will make Seyi Makinde to know there is a problem. The Fire people in his company are always doing Fire Fighting exercise. HSE policy of a company includes fire prevention and fighting. It is a waste to have a non functional fire station in the market.

All of us would have been focusing on the fire incident alone without meditating on the failed system.

You have a reason but destroying public facilities drags you backwards into reoccurring expenditure.
And you don't need to destroy facilities before a responsible government. as that of Seyi Makinde intervenes.
Re: Akesan Market Fire: Angry Mob Sets Fire Station On Fire by PAQ(m): 12:06am On Jan 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

Which general public? Is the market not a general public?
A fire incident of the said magnitude occurred and the fire service was not put to use when it is most needed, what then is the use of the fire service?

Is it not better it is burnt down so people will know there is no such service available?

I don't support unruly behaviours but sometimes you can't just help it and in this case, they are rightangry

Bro 2 wrongs can never make a right. A statement like yours led to the burning of the fire station.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three APC Members Shot Dead In Imo / Man Who Dismembered Wife’s Body Into 200 Pieces Sentenced To Life In Prison / 2 Arik Staff Caught With Cocaine In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.