Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,219 members, 7,943,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Enyimba Sack Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba Sack Coach (254 Views)

RB Liepzig Sack Coach Tedesco, Assistant Coaches / Tottenham Hotspur Sack Coach, Nuno Espírito Santo / Arsenal Sack Coach Mikel Arteta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyimba Sack Coach by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
Enyimba have have relieved head coach, Usman Abd’ Allah , of his job with the club .
The club ’ s chairman , Felix Anyansi - Agwu , said in a statement that after a string of disappointing results , the club believes it must set a new course .
“ The club has to regain its competitive edge domestically and on the continent , ” he said .
The club chairman also said coach Fatai Osho would take over as the interim head coach duties .
Anyansi - Agwu was further quoted as saying the decision by the club to relieve Abd’ Allah of his duties was not one taken lightly or in a haste .
“ Results and performances since the start of this season have been very unimpressive and the club must take action to forestall further setbacks .
“ We are speaking to the players too and they must do better . Otherwise , there will be consequences .
“ At Enyimba, we are committed to earning positive results always and we can ’ t accept anything less .
“ In the meantime , the club wishes coach Abd’ Allah the best for the future and thank him for his services , ” he said .
https://punchng.com/enyimba-sack-coach-abdallah-threaten-players/
Re: Enyimba Sack Coach by Abfinest007(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
ginger them
Re: Enyimba Sack Coach by popsy2(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ewoo
Re: Enyimba Sack Coach by ukukaegbu(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
They should have gone for an experienced coach.
Re: Enyimba Sack Coach by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
I came here to say what I said the first time I heard this very news.

I saw it coming. What sort of embarrassing result was that against Plateau? For a team of Enyimba's magnitude.

I started supporting Enyimba in the days of Enyeama, Muri Ogunbiyi, Joetex Frimpong, etc, and I have seen them in their best days. Remember them pulling off an upset against a formidable and ferocious Ismaily side right inside Port Said?
What we have these days is hardly the real Enyimba. Something is definitely amiss here.

The mere fact that this team can hardly hold its own against some minnows on the continental scene says a whole lot. Maybe they shouldn't stop at just sacking the TA. The guys at the club hierarchy should also take a good look at themselves.

This team should be rubbing shoulders with the likes of TP Mazembe, Raja, Ahly, Esperance- all elite teams of the continental club stage and not struggling with über-minnows like San Pedro.
We are talking about a two-time CAF Champions League winner here. Not just any other random Nigerian clubside.

How they are even doing business in the CAF Confederation Cup still worries me. Given the right management, I know they will go places.

For now, I just can't deal. sad

(1) (Reply)

Carabao Cup, 08 January 2020(GMT +8) / No Coach For Team Nigeria At The World Team Qualification Tournament For Olympic / Germany Has Great Players - Iikay Gündogan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.