Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,513 members, 7,917,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 11:13 AM

Mane Beat Salah & Mahrez To African Footballer Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mane Beat Salah & Mahrez To African Footballer Of The Year (199 Views)

Osimhen Beats Salah, Mahrez To Win Best African Player At Ghana Football Awards / Mahrez To Man City Almost Certain / Mohamed Salah Named BBC African Footballer Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mane Beat Salah & Mahrez To African Footballer Of The Year by Adunolaco: 10:17am On Jan 08, 2020
Liverpool star Sadio Mane was crowned on Tuesday as Africa's 2019 Player of the Year for the first time at an awards gala in Egypt.

The 27-year old Senegalese striker was up against his Liverpool teammate Mohamed Salah, the Egyptian who won the award the last two years, and Algerian Riyad Mahrez of Manchester City.

"I am really happy and at the same time I am really proud to win this award," said Mane at the ceremony organised by the Confederation of African Football in the Egyptian Red Sea city of Hurghada.

"It's a big day for me."

Mane became the second star from Senegal to be named African Player of the Year after El Hadji Diouf, who was the continent's best player in 2001 and 2002.

He scored 34 goals and produced 12 assists in 61 appearances in 2019, according to CAF statistics.

Salah's tally stood at 26 goals and 10 assists in 55 matches while...................................................................................READ MORE

http://www.9jabet.com/2020/01/08/mane-beat-salah-mahrez-to-african-footballer-of-the-year/

No more loss means if 1 Game cut your Ticket [url]NaijaBet.com[/url] will Pay you

(1) (Reply)

CAF Award 2019:is Sadio The Main ‘mane’ / @futboldiary / BOOM!!! Life Is Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.