Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,694 members, 7,879,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:35 AM

Nigeria In The Next Five Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In The Next Five Years (3269 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Big Man's mansion Twenty Five Years Ago? (picture) / Jonathan Govt Incurs N5trn Domestic Debt In Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In The Next Five Years by Privy(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2010
Our will determines out action. If I am resolved to have things remain as they are, that is what will likely happen. If people have no drive to change things, then 5 years from now, Nigeria is likely to remain in the state it is today.
5/10 years ago, the people proclaimed they were ready for change but the same people did nothing but act in a manner that allowed the status quo to continue. So, like many have said, not until Nigerians resolve to change their own selves, and ultimately desire change, will we move forward. We have almost always had the resources, manpower, skills and intelligence needed to move Nigeria from third world living to developed/advanced nation status. What is left is for the people, in the majority, to actually want this change.
Gbam! (like some people say). I have been telling myself that there is a better future for nigerians if we are willing, determined and actively involved in creating it. The majority of comments have to a large extent reassured me that I am not alone inthinking that way. It is unarguably true that we have a big problem as a result corrupt leadership but I think, like you also pointed out, that we have a big part of the solution inside of us (all nigerians).
In my opinion, in the next five years, Nigeria has the potential for great development but all the development cannot be expected from government. I think individuals can make way for some growth without political posts, professionals can leverage on their ability to create some positive change, workers (in the private and public enterprises) can endeavour to be more conscientious, dutiful and positive minded. It starts with me, you, us, our family, Nigerians( all of us ).
Re: Nigeria In The Next Five Years by kodewrita(m): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2010
@Privy so
[list]
[li]what are you going to do in the next five years to make nigeria what it is?[/li]
[li]Will you go out on a limb for us and march on the national assembly?[/li]
[li] how exactly will you do it while maintaining your day job too and achieving all those personal targets?[/li]
[/list] not trying to dampen your enthusiasm but I am interested in what answers you and the others will give to those questions.
Re: Nigeria In The Next Five Years by Privy(m): 12:32am On Dec 08, 2010
@Privy so

* what are you going to do in the next five years to make nigeria what it is?
* Will you go out on a limb for us and march on the national assembly?
* how exactly will you do it while maintaining your day job too and achieving all those personal targets?

not trying to dampen your enthusiasm but I am interested in what answers you and the others will give to those questions.
Thanks guys and my sincere apology to kodewrita for taking some time in answering your questions.

What am I am going to do for Nigeria in the next five years -
1. I have already stopped thinking negatively about her. Thus I will start thinking positively about her.
2. I will start encouraging others to think and act to positively towards Nigerians and Nigeria.
3. A part of my personal income and the profit of my company proceeds (I will start one soon) will be used to develop some part of Nigera (as a private initiative) without profiting from the effort.
4. I have personally renounced every illegality and keep encouraging people to do things the right way.
5. I believe that professionals can play a big role in changing Nigeria. I will keep rallying those I meet in life to participating in changing Nigeria starting from themselves.
6. I will definitely go back to Nigeria.

On the second question, I cannot be able to do that since I am not currently in Nigeria. However, I will keep influencing anyone I know and I will ensure my company is as straight as it can be(i.e devoid of corruption and corrupt practices).

The third question, I think, is partly answered in the first paragraph above. I believe in achieving results and I want to meet my personal targets, but I will definitely avoid anything that hs to do with corruption and dishonesty.

I wish other NairaLanders ( and other Naigerians ) will take on this challenge and see what can happen to Nigeria. It may even take longer than five years but I believe we can make a positive change.

Thanks you so much friends.
Re: Nigeria In The Next Five Years by aljharem(m): 1:02am On Dec 08, 2010
Privy:

Thanks guys and my sincere apology to kodewrita for taking some time in answering your questions.

What am I am going to do for Nigeria in the next five years -
1. I have already stopped thinking negatively about her. Thus I will start thinking positively about her.
2. I will start encouraging others to think and act to positively towards Nigerians and Nigeria.
3. A part of my personal income and the profit of my company proceeds (I will start one soon) will be used to develop some part of Nigera (as a private initiative) without profiting from the effort.
4. I have personally renounced every illegality and keep encouraging people to do things the right way.
5. I believe that professionals can play a big role in changing Nigeria. I will keep rallying those I meet in life to participating in changing Nigeria starting from themselves.
6. I will definitely go back to Nigeria.

On the second question, I cannot be able to do that since I am not currently in Nigeria. However, I will keep influencing anyone I know and I will ensure my company is as straight as it can be(i.e devoid of corruption and corrupt practices).

The third question, I think, is partly answered in the first paragraph above. I believe in achieving results and I want to meet my personal targets, but I will definitely avoid anything that hs to do with corruption and dishonesty.

I wish other NairaLanders ( and other Naigerians ) will take on this challenge and see what can happen to Nigeria. It may even take longer than five years but I believe we can make a positive change.

Thanks you so much friends.

i think the same way also

i use to be very tribalistic and just loved my people but now i love all nigerians

all i am doing now is to think positive about nigeria

i know one day GOD in heaven would make nigeria a safe haven for nigerians

i know that as a fact
Re: Nigeria In The Next Five Years by somtookeke(m): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2020
Nigeria’s Political Future In The Next Decade
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/nigerias-political-future-in-next-decade.html

Share, Like, Comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aguiyi-ironsi: Igbo Leaders Blast Useni / Why Did Buhari Refuse To Appear Before The Oputa Panel? / See Throwback Picture Of Gen. Buhari Back In 1962( When He Was Young And Cute)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.