Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,587 members, 7,881,993 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1159638 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (724) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 9:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 10:00am On Jan 21, 2020
englishgirl55:
Thank you

Wait till 15th February before u consider the option of deferring ur admission
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by englishgirl55(f): 10:00am On Jan 21, 2020
thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Chymmasteph: 10:19am On Jan 21, 2020
Good day everyone, Don't know if this is the right section to ask this.I have invitation to Germany please how do I go about it?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 21, 2020
Immafrank:
Hello everyone,

Apparently it is obvious that the German mission in Nigeria (both Lagos and Abuja) is trying to cut down on numbers of Nigerian students coming to Germany through this strict appointment date process, imagine this happening in Summer 2020 where you have lesser applicants, what will now happen in Winter 2020 where you have more applicants ? i once spoke to a professor at university of Potsdam while making some inquiries about a course and he asked where i come from, i said Nigeria, he laughed and said Nigerians are flooding them with applications.

One of the reasons of these appointments issue that i am sure of is because of the massive numbers of applicants from Nigeria (not more than India though). Also, could this problem be a reflection of our bad government ? I can't answer that and maybe partly yes, the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany is clearly useless like his other colleagues. Do you also know that you can study for free at the University of Vienna Austria? Yes you can! but guess what, Nigeria among most African countries is exempted, even Benin, Niger, Angola, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia and so on can study in Austria for free.

Well, i am still hoping they will drop dates but clearly this embassy new appointment process is not built to give dates like before unlike summer 19 where you can even choose dates yourself, right now, i am sure they have hundreds if not up to a thousand + of study visa appointment requests piled up in their system and they give PhDs, scholarship candidate (EU, DAAD, ERASMUS) more priority because embassy issues visa for scholarship candidates (thats why it takes less than a week for them to get AM). However, i really hope they change this system and return to the old format (this time with all your complete documents including funds) except they have decided to cut us out.

Nevertheless, don't sleep on Germany fellas. Another option is to look for schools in Poland or other cheaper EUs, they are way cheap too although not tuition free for all, enter there and cross to Germany if you want, half of polish citizens are in Germany sef.

If you really mean business, another good option i would suggest is to go to Ghana (or make inquiries) and get their residence permit or proof of residency and apply for your German visa in Ghana, the Ghanian residence shouldn't be that hard to get that. On the German embassy website in Accra, dates are flowing like water, you get to choose yourself but they can only interviewed you if- as stated on the website "The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in Accra is only responsible for applicants who are permanent residents in GHANA, LIBERIA and SIERRA LEONE. The Embassy will NOT accept visa applications of persons who cannot provide evidence that their habitual abode is in one of the aforementioned countries."
NB: I am not 100% sure how they do their residency stuff in Ghana for normal residence and permanent.

But seriously i really do hope dates drop soon, and they change this booking process, else, it would be worse in Winter 2020.

Everyone knows Nigerians live in distress and it's citizens are trying to run away from that pain.
Other Africans knows this as well.
I believe it will only get stricter
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by valenti12(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Theowlthathoots:
I just checked the testAS website and there's no centre in nigeria for the April 25th exam. Does that mean it won't be written in nigeria or it's just not been updated?
I am hoping it's not been updated. I emailed Goethe institute and the said the same thing. I also tried registering for the one in March, before the deadline, but there wasn't vacancy

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by valenti12(m): 10:35am On Jan 21, 2020
@Theowlthathoots

I just got a reply from TestAs concerning the unavailability of the Nigerian centre for their April exam;

Hello,

the test center in Lagos did not open the registration so far. Please contact them directly to find out whether they plan to offer the TestAS in April.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by obibanks: 10:53am On Jan 21, 2020
LOL, I remember sleeping on the previous thread last year. Learnt everything about the application process in that thread. From certifying documents (thanks dailydolar and heybaby12), searching for courses on DAAD, utilizing UniAssist to apply, writing online English test on short notice and getting admission, booking interview, revising interview questions and going for the interview. Got Approval mail But No funds grin grin grin. God knows best why it didn't work out last year but I still thank Him for the experience and hope for the best. For everyone trying out this year, I wish you the very best.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by CoracleNG: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2020
Freemanlion:
Please o, I want to open a blocked account...

Which is better, fintiba or coracle?

How do I start?

Bros, how you go dey ask that kain question when I dey here?! shocked

Check my signature for more info!
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:01am On Jan 21, 2020
Chymmasteph:
Good day everyone, Don't know if this is the right section to ask this.I have invitation to Germany please how do I go about it?

Throw it inside dustbin
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 11:02am On Jan 21, 2020
CoracleNG:

Bros, how you go dey ask that kain question when I dey here?! shocked

Check my signature for more info!

Yekpa you Dey speak pidgin?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nwachinemere19(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2020
This is a bi problem, so many applicants on the waiting list. Obviously, a lot of Nigerians are moving to Germany in droves
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by akinswaggs(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
daybour2002:
Please I am in a crossroad, my school said they can only address my letter of proficiency to a particular school and I'm planning to apply to like three school so that means I will be applying three times, how can I go about it Sir.

Futa?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Throw it inside dustbin
This guy u still dae
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
I gave u guys d solution to the AD problem and all of u shunned it saying am trying to spoil the system.

If u all followed my idea by now half of the applicants here would be in Germany or the German embassy would close down there site.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
Coldie:

This guy u still dae

I see you don hustle Irish package.

Mehn this German waka nah rubbish las las
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
Coldie:

This guy u still dae

Guy I dey go UK.

Boris Johnson and his brexit idea go favour countries wey dem don colonize.
News making the rounds nah say dem wan change tier system to point based like Australia and canada
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Do India citizens have issues getting student visas?

Is the same pausity in getting AD affecting India?

Clearly Nigeria is a laughing stock.

Who told you Indians are not affected?
Stop talking down our country Nigeria.. This AD is affecting most international students ...check this link to educate yourself on this

https://www.dw.com/en/international-students-made-to-wait-months-for-german-visas/a-51943350

3 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by akinswaggs(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
princejck:

Defer ur admission to winter, possibility of u getting AD is slim, and worst if u re cat B.

Just been realistic

Let him keep waiting, he can defer if it doesn't come then, but it's too early to defer
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nwachinemere19:
This is a bi problem, so many applicants on the waiting list. Obviously, a lot of Nigerians are moving to Germany in droves

Which dirty droves? Embassy wey no get staff lol
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Muideenakera(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nd16:
Please who else applied to passau Msc comp science? i done wait tire
Good day,
Check your admission status with your login password on the campus portal. I have checked mine since 9th of this month its rejection.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by 4realisreal(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
daybour2002:
Please I am in a crossroad, my school said they can only address my letter of proficiency to a particular school and I'm planning to apply to like three school so that means I will be applying three times, how can I go about it Sir.

Very simple. Collect that one copy and make several photocopies, certify them begin to use them for ur different schools. The address does not matter. That's what I used and I got admissions.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
DrammaQuin94:
Good morning people.. Please I'd like to ask, one of my friends suggested that I should have my interview in Benin Republic since I have their resident permit. Do you think that is possible? And do I have the option of having my interview in English and not French?

Go there, it would be easier from there

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

Who told you Indians are not affected?
Stop talking down our country Nigeria.. This AD is affecting most international students ...check this link to educate yourself on this

https://www.dw.com/en/international-students-made-to-wait-months-for-german-visas/a-51943350

Nigeria is so useless that Deutsche welle didn't deem it fit to include it amongst groups badly affected(India, Cameroon)
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
DrammaQuin94:
Good morning people.. Please I'd like to ask, one of my friends suggested that I should have my interview in Benin Republic since I have their resident permit. Do you think that is possible? And do I have the option of having my interview in English and not French?

What do dey need French option for? better carry your two left legs and cross seme border before cotonou route will also cast

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Coldie(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegamingorca:

Nigeria is so useless that Deutsche welle didn't deem it fit to include it amongst groups badly affected(India, Cameroon)

I saw it too.

Those people dae use us play o. Because of that we won't be considered if the govt was to use the site as a yardstick for corrections
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
Coldie:

I saw it too.

Those people dae use us play o. Because of that we won't be considered if the govt was to use the site as a yardstick for corrections

I can bet our ambassador to Germany is oblivious of what's going on.

Idiot dey probably chase blondes all over berlin

4 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by dollypeeee: 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Where's my AD ?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
dollypeeee:
Where's my AD ?

Traffic hold Hamm for VI

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by princejck: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegamingorca:

I can bet our ambassador to Germany is oblivious of what's going on.

Idiot dey probably chase blondes all over berlin

U funny...lol

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Theowlthathoots: 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Okay thanks a lot, I'll email goethe institut directly.
valenti12:
@Theowlthathoots

I just got a reply from TestAs concerning the unavailability of the Nigerian centre for their April exam;

Hello,

the test center in Lagos did not open the registration so far. Please contact them directly to find out whether they plan to offer the TestAS in April.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Thegamingorca(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
princejck:

U funny...lol

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (724) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: tensazangetsu20(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.