Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,610 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? (23483 Views)

What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady / I Caught My Wife Selling Her Nude Pictures To Other Men. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by moneyissweet(m): 10:23am On Nov 05, 2023
No issues,just make more money
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by BiGVEEN58(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2023
Curiouscity:

I am married to a 1st girl, but second child. They initially appeared down to earth. But like play, like play, I trained the last 2 siblings through the University. At the moment, she is expecting me to help set up her married brothers in one business or the other. Everything always falls on my head. It comes with too many responsibilities and expectations.
It is very challenging thing!

Dem put gun for your head?

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by JohnAOne: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2023
seyigiggle:
Whether coincidences or destiny. I have only dated last born, and eventually married one.
Surprisingly it was never planned.
You must have subconsciously created your circumstances that lead to this.

Are you yourself a lastborn?
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by joyandfaith: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2023
missimelda01:
So I get this awkward reaction when a man asks for my position in my family and I say I'm the first child. I really want to know what the issue is...is it just the bride price??

Are your siblings girls or boys? Boys are much easier to manage than girls. I think try to have independent thinking when conversing with potential suitors. They want to know if you can differentiate between necessary and unnecessary responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Lexusgs430: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2023
missimelda01:
So I get this awkward reaction when a man asks for my position in my family and I say I'm the first child. I really want to know what the issue is...is it just the bride price??

The men, are simply not men enough...... A real man should have the abilities, to control all family dynamics.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Allisgud: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2023
Curiouscity:

I am married to a 1st girl, but second child. They initially appeared down to earth. But like play, like play, I trained the last 2 siblings through the University. At the moment, she is expecting me to help set up her married brothers in one business or the other. Everything always falls on my head. It comes with too many responsibilities and expectations.
why won't they be down to earth,if it was the opposite ur name for be gold digger
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by ojonugba2014(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2023
My 1 cent advice is.

If u are a broke nigga, avoid first Born like a plague.

U are warned ⚠️

3 Likes

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by cheeseballs: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2023
missimelda01:
I did a video on this on tiktok. Just search JOSEPHOCONNORS99 you will find the video
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Olarewaju89: 10:35am On Nov 05, 2023
missimelda01:
I don't really buy the idea of housing relatives though, I like my space

Then, you are yet to morning right?
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by zumbigbo(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2023
Not just if you are the first child but if the prospective husband is marrying a woman who is the first to get married out of all of her siblings, wahala don land.

He go become LinkedIn by force

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by maxiuc(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2023
That's what I am about to enter now she's the first daughter and first child of 6children, her mother s trader and her Dad a driver but you know sometimes them go dey disturb her for this and that...

Firstly I will give the mum 300k to add to her business and her Dad I will gift him a mini bus since he drives for someone and I will give them my reasons for empowering them because me I like to be plain with people I don't want a Case whereby everyday send this send that

5 Likes

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Cutehector(m): 10:36am On Nov 05, 2023
The problem with girls of nowadays be say dem no wan calm down respect man wey dem dey date. Why will he marry you when all you do is puff up?

Tell the nigga see guy, i know say i be first daughter but make you no fear, my family wont be a liability to you whatsover and i wont begin to cause unnecessary family financial issues for you to bear, but in whatever way you can assist, no matter how small, it wont be taken for granted and i will always appreciate your efforts.

Him head go swell, and he will do the needful knowing that he is marrying a first daughter wey no lazy and then wey dey appreciative.

5 Likes

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Allisgud: 10:38am On Nov 05, 2023
First daughter from a well to do homes na wahala,na ur house her siblings go dey spend their holiday,play play they will become permanent citizens,the solution is to establish ur wife or look for a job for her with the agreement to settle her family needs
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by achimendy(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2023
missimelda01:

Not just housing your relatives but also catering for their needs. I have a friend who also got married to a first child in a family of 17 children, and she's just 23 years of age. And they're poor, just imagine the unending demands from them.

My guy got angry of the whole thing because they're always demanding from him. So he sent her to learn tailoring so wen she's done he will open her own shop for her, then she can be catering for her family needs.

So my dear that's the main issue o.

2 Likes

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by zebszebs: 10:40am On Nov 05, 2023
If she is the first born and is Igbo?

My brother run o!!!

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2023
I'm single but the truth is she will put her biological family first before her own family, her siblings will turn your house to like I can come to my Sis at anytime even without prior notification. You will cater for them with out complain but let just one of your siblings come around you will see the hatred and bitterness.

I mean you will not have rest of mind grin grin

Sorry am just saying oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by achimendy(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

stop hanging around immature insecure men... there is nothing wrong with you.

Did anybody said something is wrong with her?

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Chetas81(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2023
GBÉSÉ BECAUSE YOU WILL TAKE CARE OF WHAT YOU DON'T THINK OF

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Blackdisciple(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2023
Curiouscity:

Omoh oga you try oo, so what about your own siblings??
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by achimendy(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2023
zebszebs:
If she is the first born and is Igbo?

My brother run o!!!

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by viceddy95(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2023
Curiouscity:

I hope you are doing for your family as well…
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by lexzyy(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2023
Allisgud:
why won't they be down to earth,if it was the opposite ur name for be gold digger
Fact not sentiment.
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Ndidi2: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2023
poshestmina:
It all depends on the family background.
I feel most men are scared of the responsibilities that comes with being a first daughter if the family is all relying on the 1st daughters or son's...and in most cases of daughters,the responsibilities become their husband's.

My eldest sister has being happily married for close to 7 years now.
Not like we are very wealthy ,we just don't depend on each other,no entitlement whatsoever not even our parents!!!

Every body is hustling and only ask for helps when it's an emergency.

The only sibling we are still training in school is our last born and it's a joint task...and our parents, anything and anytime you have to send.

No pressure on anyone and any in_laws.

It all boils down to family backgrounds .
my family pattern too
God bless us..

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by kaymart: 11:03am On Nov 05, 2023
Curiouscity:

So, would you advice men to follow suite?
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by tete7000(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2023
missimelda01:

Including your little sister or brother?

If you like your space and privacy to the point of nit willing to take in your young siblings if need be, it makes you evil more dangerous. If you reject your own, you won't have any qualm rejecting those from your husband's side and you are going to hand over the same belief to the children making them toxic and unaccomodating.
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Chizigreat(m): 11:11am On Nov 05, 2023
The Benefits You Have In Serving God.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen And Remain Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXyfOx_7Eg?si=rF4-hF5hJWPAua1S
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Primebuilders(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2023
I married first girl child my problem is that she sees me as one of her little siblings she will control and micro manage. That's is the greatest problem I am having in my marriage now. It have been war

2 Likes

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by GloriousGbola: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2023
blaise26abj:

Not really the bride price but the responsibility that comes with being a first child. His house might just be filled with all your siblings if care isn’t taken.

By implication, women should also ask the same question for the same reason. So they too do not marry a guy who already has multiple responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Exceed15: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2023
Two things Are involved:
1. They are used to giving order which means they can be vauthoritative.
2. They have lots of responsibilities on their shoulders.

2 Likes

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by mightyhaze: 11:19am On Nov 05, 2023
Mine is not just the first ,but the overall first child

And only girl ..

And we doing real great

1 Like

Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by awofemi26(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2023
[quote author=MrBrownJay1 post=85629278]

stop hanging around immature insecure men... there is nothing wrong with you.
U that is mature why not go after her
Mumu looking for validation
Woman wrapper
Re: Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? by Caleycash(m): 11:19am On Nov 05, 2023
Curiouscity:

Sadly, this thread is not about me and my marriage challenges. But, my partner has a wrong view about money and responsibilities. She is yet to understand what family mean, or where her focus should be.

She works, but she expects me to run the house, and still take care of her extended family members.
Omo leave her ooo, for your own sanity!, her focus should be her immediate family once married!, finally when you wreck same family will bad mouth you and dump you, use your number 6!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court / Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. / Woman Gave Birth To Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.