Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family (1031 Views)

“I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Absent As Royal Family Poses On Balcony (Photo) / Prince Harry And Meghan Markle To ‘Step Back’ From Royal Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family After Couple's Announcement
YAHOO STAFF WRITER
Jan 9th 2020 8:11AM

Piers Morgan has said Meghan Markle is responsible for "breaking up" the Royal Family as he reacted to the news that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be stepping back as senior royals.

After the announcement, the Good Morning Britain host took to Twitter to claim the Duchess had split Prince Harry away from the Royal Family.

"People say I'm too critical of Meghan Markle - but she ditched her family, ditched her Dad, ditched most of her old friends, split Harry from William & has now split him from the Royal Family. I rest my case," he wrote.

Cricketer Kevin Pietersen, a friend of Morgan's, responded: "LEAVE THEM ALONE, FATBOY!"

The father-of-four then replied: "No. She's breaking up our royal family after fleecing the public purse. As a taxpayer, and a Monarchist, I'm entitled to take a rather dim view of this."

Morgan has long been a detractor of Markle, whom he has claimed he was formerly acquainted with before he says she ceased contact with him as she became involved with the royals.

The statement released by the parents-of-one on Wednesday read: "After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution.

"We intend to step back as 'senior' members of the royal family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment."

They went on to say that they would now balance their time between the UK as well as North America, Markle's homeland.

Morgan also lambasted the adjustments made to the Duke and Duchess' media relations policies, where they stated they would no longer be participating in the Royal Rota, a long-standing system used by Buckingham Palace which gives correspondents from UK newspapers access to royal engagements on a sharing basis.

The presenter stated: "Even Putin wouldn't try to pull a stunt like this."

He went on to accuse the couple of "spiteful treachery" against the Royal Family after sharing a tweet which branded the couple's move as one of "power".

It has been alleged that no senior members of the Royal Family were consulted before the release of the statement, with the BBC reporting that senior royals have been "hurt" by the announcement.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/01/09/piers-morgan-accuses-meghan-markle-of-splitting-prince-harry-f/

1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by Righteousness89(m): 4:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
All these Monitoring Spirits and Enemies that don't mind their business..

The LORD REBUKE YOU ALL THIS 2020

1 Like

Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by GraGra247(m): 4:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
I didn't need anyone to tell me that Megan Markle is fully responsible for this decision. When a young woman hijacks the brain of a dull thinking prince.

Just when we thought prince Harry was beginning to get things right for once in his depraved life.
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
GraGra247:

I didn't need anyone to tell me that Megan Markle is fully responsible for this decision. When a young woman hijacks the brain of a dull thinking prince.

Just when we thought prince Harry was beginning to get things right for once in his depraved life.

The excerpt below nails it.

"People say I'm too critical of Meghan Markle - but she ditched her family, ditched her Dad, ditched most of her old friends, split Harry from William & has now split him from the Royal Family. I rest my case," he wrote.

This is why we have to take the major decision seriously when it comes to the time of choosing a life partner.

1 Like

Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by GraGra247(m): 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

The excerpt below nails it.

This is why we have to take the major decision seriously when it comes to the time of choosing a life partner.

Well summarized.

2 Likes

Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

All these Monitoring Spirits and Enemies that don't mind their business..

The LORD REBUKE YOU ALL THIS 2020

Who is monitoring who? undecided

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7866007/Harry-Meghan-step-senior-royals-financially-independent.html
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by Righteousness89(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Jan 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

The guys Monitoring the prince and Meghan

We are made to understand that "You cannot eat your cake and have it." cool
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by Righteousness89(m): 6:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

We are made to understand that "You cannot eat your cake and have it." cool
anyway, That's Correct
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

anyway, That's Correct

See how it applies in the link below.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10702444/harry-meghan-having-cake-eating-it/
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by TooMuchStuff: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
cry
Woman power...!

Tomorrow a Pastor would scream 'weaker vessel "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

cry
Woman power...!

Tomorrow a Pastor would scream 'weaker vessel "

You seem to be talking out of experience or have you been at the receiving end of this 'Woman power'? cheesy
Re: Piers Morgan Accuses Meghan Markle Of 'Splitting' Prince Harry From Royal Family by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2020

(1) (Reply)

ISIS Emerges In Mozambique, Thousands Killed, Beheaded And Displaced / Picture Of An Innocent And Harmless Palestinian Woman / Afghanistan: Uganda To Welcome 2000 Fleeing Afgans!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.