Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,257 members, 7,887,741 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:08 PM

Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary (1078 Views)

Anthony Chinasa Says He Is A Full Igbo Man, "Abiola" Is Merely A Nickname / Ebonyi Govt Declares Linus Okorie Wanted Over Statement On FacebooK / Governor Umahi Bans The Sun, Vanguard Reporters From Ebonyi Govt House For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by References: 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2020
Civil servants in Ebonyi State, on Friday expressed mixed feeling over the payment of N30,000 minimum wage to them by the state government.

The governor, Chief David Umahi had last year December, 2019, during an EXCO meeting promised that workers in Ebonyi State will start receiving the new minimum wage, effective from January 1st, 2020.

He had equally directed the State Accountant General and the 13 Chairmen of LGAs to seek for overdraft and ensure the payment of the said minimum wage to workers in local government areas effective from January 10 to enable them start the new year with ease.

But some civil servants, who spoke to DAILY POST in Abakaliki, capital of Ebonyi state, lamented that the said payment was just a little adjustment in salary of workers and not minimum wage.

According to one of them “They said it is a minimum wage but it is not. It is just a little increment.

“We are not happy with the amount. If they had told us that it was an increment, it would have been better. Indeed, they said it is minimum wage but it is a disappointment on the workers.”

Another civil servant, who also spoke, said “I am in level 8, what they added to my salary is only N1000. I am not happy with the situation.”

Another civil servant, who is a teacher said: “I can tell you, the whole money added to the salaries of civil servants in the state may not be up to N2 million. Why should they say that they are paying minimum wage, when it is obvious that they are not, but an increment?” He stressed.

Meanwhile, the governor of the Ebonyi state, Chief David Umahi, according to investigation, is the first governor to pay minimum wage in the south east geopolitical zone.

The state government while briefing journalists on Friday through the State Commissioner for Information and State Orientation, Barr Orji Uchenna Orji said that the payment of the Minimum Wage was in consonance with the agreement reached by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC and the State government.

According to him, the payment of the Minimum Wage to workers was in line with the Governor’s promise of improving the welfare and standard of living of workers at all levels.

The Commissioner further noted that apart from the payment of the National Minimum Wage, which commenced today (yesterday), all public office holders have so far received their salaries.

“I wish to use this medium to inform the general public of the payment of Minimum wage by the State government. The government has again kept it’s promise of paying minimum wage in the country. Ebonyi is the first to pay minimum wage in the Southeast geopolitical zone.

“The governor has not renege in his responsibility. The government negotiated with NLC and consensus was reached. He has paid the 13 LGA and State workers. In addition to the 13 month, he paid the minimum wage. He has the welfare of workers at heart. It will spur them to work better. He is taking the lead.” He said.

Orji also added that the State government had begun the enumeration of all unemployed Ebonyi citizens in order to make them self reliant.
https://dailypost.ng/2020/01/10/minimum-wage-ebonyi-govt-merely-added-n1000-to-our-salary-workers/
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by BuhariAdvocate: 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
Where is this jimyjame that insult yoruba people on the matter that not relate to us. You see your life now. Your dirty thing couldn't even pay minimum wage but he only added 1k to their salary.
I know many of you guys from that particular region lack home training and proper training.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by GamalNasser: 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
Don't trust Nigerian governors ever
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by NDIOGAH(m): 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
419 governor of ebonyi.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by micmond: 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
Yahoo yahoo governor!

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by KarsanHughston: 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Umahi is useless
never trust any terrorist associate

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by NDIOGAH(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2020
419 governor of ebonyi state

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Mahsums: 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2020
Comment reserved
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Tekzyflex(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2020
Scam government....

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Bigflamie(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2020
I even doubt all Ebonyi state's infrastructural development being peddled here on Nairaland.

Like Umahi, like Rochas Okorocha. Abracadabra government.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Captain6(m): 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Where is this jimyjame that insult yoruba people on the matter that not relate to us. You see your life now. Your dirty thing couldn't even pay minimum wage but he only added 1k to their salary.
I know many of you guys from that particular region lack home training and proper training.
Olodo! The salary increment (new minimum wage) is based on level,if level 8 got 1k based on the new salary scale, level 14 may get up to 10-15k increment.
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Captain6(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
Bigflamie:
I even doubt all Ebonyi state's infrastructural development being peddled here on Nairaland.

Like Umahi, like Rochas Okorocha. Abracadabra government.
Go there and see for yourself,the state has truly been transformed, i have been there recently.
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Captain6(m): 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
Op the 1K addition was for level 8 in particular according to your post. So the higher the level the higher the increment! But the least sum any worker will get is 30k. Your caption is deceiving.
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by blasted12: 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
KarsanHughston:
Umahi is useless
never trust any terrorist associate
Oga go get a job before you speak for those who already have one
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by BuhariAdvocate: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
I'm not ebonyi workers .so go and explain this to them.
Captain6:
Olodo! The salary increment (new minimum wage) is based on level,if level 8 got 1k based on the new salary scale, level 14 may get up to 10-15k increment.
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by KarsanHughston: 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
blasted12:
[/s]
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by KarsanHughston: 11:41pm On Jan 10, 2020
[s]
blasted12:
[/s]
lol e dey pain this clout chaser say i no dey send am grin

you're worth trash and valueless to me grin grin
that's the reason I just cancel everything dey go
you no worth am
maybe when you can make more than 50 comments a day i might reconsider you cheesy
till then you're just a worthless aboki in search for attention and clout grin
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by realstars: 12:36am On Jan 11, 2020
Gra gra
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by blasted12: 12:48am On Jan 11, 2020
KarsanHughston:
[s][/s]
lol e dey pain this clout chaser say i no dey send am grin

you're worth trash and valueless to me grin grin
that's the reason I just cancel everything dey go
you no worth am
maybe when you can make more than 50 comments a day i might reconsider you cheesy
till then you're just a worthless aboki in search for attention and clout grin
But you just typed over 50 characters of worthless rant in response to a so called worthless aboki. What am I supposed to make of that? Eh Inyamurin?
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by itsme01: 12:52am On Jan 11, 2020
undecided

Stingy Governor

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by Flyingngel(m): 6:55am On Jan 11, 2020
If it true, what happen to NLC in that state? They shld be mobilizing for a showdown with the state government except they have collected their fat share.
Useless governor.
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by tribalmall: 7:06am On Jan 11, 2020
Igbo people have suffered in the hand of their devilish governors while the foolish one NL keep insulting Yoruba governors who dare not pay the minimum wage. If we talk dem go say we too shook mouth for Igbo matter but they will ignore dead brain Igbo's insulting Tinubu .n Sanwo a combination that already achieved more than all the igbo governor from 1999 till date.
Re: Minimum Wage: Ebonyi Govt merely added N1000 to our salary by ofhismercy(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2020
SOMEONE MIGHT NEED THIS

MINIMISE YOUR CALL COST NOW!!!
Make that long call to your loved ones (bf, gf, fiance, fiancee, close friends, husband, wife etc) with no cost attached using MTN CUG. Unlimited calls and SMS guaranteed.
Guess what?
Your current MTN line can be used.
�������
Number collation is in progress for the month of June
Oya now..., call or chat up 07061365911

Check out our thread on nairaland

The name of the thread is MTN CUG TECHNOCRAT

Instagram and facebook @cugworld